Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Anger
morpheus Posted: Mon Sep 29 04:23:08 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yesterday i lost control of my anger.
I was driving, and then it struck me. For no rhyme or reason. It just came.

It can't even be considered anger. It was just pure rage.

My question to people here, did this moment of anger, of rage hit you for no reason whatsoever?
Has anyone ever wondered why?

Dancer Posted: Mon Sep 29 05:39:44 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  nah...usually i'm angry for a reason..but i try not to mind it too much, coz when i get angry, my heart beats so fast..and the blood just rush to my head... it's more like having a body system breakdown any moment. harmful to myself more than to any person who provoked me..so i always try to keep it cool..
still..i can't imagine rage without a reason..

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Sep 29 08:29:53 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  there seems to be something about being behind the wheel of an automobile that can bring out the "mr hyde" in all of us.
king thong is the master of road rage.
if only i had a cannon mounted on the hood of my car . . .

iggy Posted: Mon Sep 29 09:58:00 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>there seems to be something about being behind the wheel of an automobile that can bring out the "mr hyde" in all of us.
>king thong is the master of road rage.
>if only i had a cannon mounted on the hood of my car . . .

mo says i become a monster on the roads and still thanks god that i'm not living in L.A

mwah ha ha ha
are u my long lost sperm donor dad?

Mesh Posted: Mon Sep 29 13:49:32 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  

>
>My question to people here, did this moment of anger, of rage hit you for no reason whatsoever?
>Has anyone ever wondered why?

Yes, just on saturday, I was at movies to see The Rundown, and this woman came in the movie late, and stopped walking up the aile(how do you spell?) right by me seat. And, I all the sudden was filled with murderous rage.

And a couple of week ago, I was in the passenger seet of the car, and everthing it was fine, and all of a sudden, I just felt rage come to me. I just wanted to grab the steering wheel and send the car into oncoming traffic.

momo Posted: Mon Sep 29 21:02:34 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  we all need anger management classes. imagine all of us in the same help group. it'll be a riot!

did anyone watch the movie? we'll all be singing,"i am preeeeettttttyyyyy..."

Mesh Posted: Mon Sep 29 21:11:50 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i am preeeeettttttyyyyy...

I feel pretty
Oh so pretty
I feel pretty and witty and gay
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me today
I feel charming
Oh so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe I'm real
See the pretty girl in that mirror there?
Who can that attractive girl be?
Such a pretty face
Such a pretty dress
Such a pretty smile
Such a pretty me!
I feel stunning
And entrancing
Feel like running
And dancing for joy
For I'm loved
By a pretty wonderful boy
GIRLS
Have you met my good friend Maria
The craziest girl on the block?
You'll know her the minute you see her
She's the one who is in an advanced state of shock
She thinks she's in love
She thinks she's in Spain
She isn't in love
She's merely insane
It must be the heat
Or some rare disease
Or too much to eat
Or maybe it's fleas
Keep away from her
Send for Chino
This is not the Maria we know
Modest and pure
Polite and refined
Well-bred and mature
And out of her mind!
Miss America, Miss America, speech!
Miss America, bravo, speech!
MARIA
I feel pretty
Oh so pretty
That the city should give me its key
A committee
Should be organized to honour me
I feel dizzy
I feel sunny
I feel fizzy and funny and fine
And so pretty
Miss America can just resign
See the pretty girl in that mirror there
(What mirror, where?)
Who can that attractive girl be?
(Which, what, where, whom?)
Such a pretty face
Such a pretty dress
Such a pretty smile
Such a pretty me!
MARIA & GIRLS
I feel stunning
And entrancing
Feel like running and dancing for joy
For I'm loved
By a pretty wonderful boy

libra Posted: Mon Sep 29 22:27:09 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ooo, addison should take that song and make it into a gt-related song...come on addison...where are all the inventive songs and conversations?

Mesh Posted: Mon Sep 29 23:09:16 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Eating yogurt earlier, and i got pissed off. Must have been the cherries

morpheus Posted: Tue Sep 30 00:06:14 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>
>>
>>My question to people here, did this moment of anger, of rage hit you for no reason whatsoever?
>>Has anyone ever wondered why?
>>
>Yes, just on saturday, I was at movies to see The Rundown, and this woman came in the movie late, and stopped walking up the aile(how do you spell?) right by
>
me seat. And, I all the sudden was filled with murderous rage.
>

aisle

>And a couple of week ago, I was in the passenger seet of the car, and everthing it was fine, and all of a sudden, I just felt rage come to me. I just wanted to grab the steering wheel and send the car into oncoming traffic.

i know how that feels. there were many occasions sometime back when i was driving past gas stations and just felt like swerving into the station and just crash and burn.

people just tick me off for doing those little things and i just want to reach out to rip off their heads.

addi Posted: Tue Sep 30 09:16:01 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>ooo, addison should take that song and make it into a gt-related song...come on addison...where are all the inventive songs and conversations?

The creative muse has been avoiding me lately. I seem to have this little black cloud appear whenever I open GT lately. Maybe I'll have a warm front come through again soon and blow it away.

But on to more important things. I love that new photo of you Libra! School has definately changed you. Whenever I see it I get an uncontrolable urge to pet you and say, "What a good girl!"

*Didn't mean for that to sound as sexual as it came out. Really! :)

libra Posted: Tue Sep 30 11:53:45 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:

>But on to more important things. I love that new photo of you Libra! School has definately changed you. Whenever I see it I get an uncontrolable urge to pet you and say, "What a good girl!"
>
>*Didn't mean for that to sound as sexual as it came out. Really! :)

hehe, that's my little dog Alice.

jerm Posted: Tue Sep 30 12:38:53 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Fear leads to Anger...
Anger leads to Hate...
Hate leads to suffering...

keke

addi Posted: Tue Sep 30 13:10:40 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>
>hehe, that's my little dog Alice.

Cute. I'm a dog lover.
Yeah, I figured it was a pic of your dog and not you. lol

Still would be fun to pet you though!:O

antartica Posted: Tue Sep 30 16:40:32 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>libra said:
>
>>
>>hehe, that's my little dog Alice.
>
>Cute. I'm a dog lover.

wew didn't have to know tt!!!
first sheep... and maybe goats... now dogs... OH MAN!

LOL =P

>Yeah, I figured it was a pic of your dog and not you. lol
>
>Still would be fun to pet you though!:O

antartica Posted: Tue Sep 30 16:42:29 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>libra said:
>
>>
>>hehe, that's my little dog Alice.
>
>Cute. I'm a dog lover.

wew didn't have to know tt!!!
first sheep... and maybe goats... now dogs... OH MAN!

LOL =P

>Yeah, I figured it was a pic of your dog and not you. lol
>
>Still would be fun to pet you though!:O

sweet p Posted: Tue Sep 30 18:06:06 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The weather makes me angry.
Not because I don't like it...it's the change I guess...

I just don't like anyone these days [but really i do...I just don't know!]

: P

addi Posted: Tue Sep 30 18:16:54 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>
>I just don't like anyone these days [but really i do...I just don't know!]
>
>: P

Sweet "Confused" P

addi Posted: Tue Sep 30 18:19:16 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>
>wew didn't have to know tt!!!
>first sheep... and maybe goats... now dogs... OH MAN!
>
>LOL =P

Hmmmm...startin' to see a disturbing pattern develop here. lol

Mesh Posted: Tue Sep 30 18:22:47 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>antartica said:
>
>>
>>wew didn't have to know tt!!!
>>first sheep... and maybe goats... now dogs... OH MAN!
>>
>>LOL =P
>
>Hmmmm...startin' to see a disturbing pattern develop here. lol

Are we forgetting the sweet, beautiful horses?

addi Posted: Tue Sep 30 18:46:41 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:

>
>Are we forgetting the sweet, beautiful horses?

Not my bag, mesh. Every time I've tried to mount one in the past I've gotten bucked off.

Mesh Posted: Tue Sep 30 18:57:04 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>meshuggah said:
>
>>
>>Are we forgetting the sweet, beautiful horses?
>
>Not my bag, mesh. Every time I've tried to mount one in the past I've gotten bucked off.

Lol, nice to know

addi Posted: Tue Sep 30 19:01:54 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>addison said:
>>meshuggah said:
>>
>>>
>>>Are we forgetting the sweet, beautiful horses?
>>
>>Not my bag, mesh. Every time I've tried to mount one in the past I've gotten bucked off.
>
>Lol, nice to know

"mount" as in get up into the saddle. Not the kind of mount you were thinkin', silly.

Mesh Posted: Tue Sep 30 19:07:22 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Haha, glad you clear that on up

momo Posted: Tue Sep 30 21:07:28 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i dunno abt the rest of you but does anyone share the feeling that every negative (i say negative for need of a better word) emotion a person feels eventually will still lead it back to anger?

you can feel bitter, taken for granted, disappointed, betrayed, unappreciated, unloved, jealous, annoyed or what have you but no matter what, all of these will result in anger coupled with that particular emotion?

it's always disappoinment and anger, bitterness and anger. There can never be just that one emotion alone but Anger on the other hand, one can just feel it for no particular reason. Pure unadulterated rage.

just an observation.. feel free to correct me.

libra Posted: Tue Sep 30 21:08:53 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>The weather makes me angry.
>Not because I don't like it...it's the change I guess...
>
>I just don't like anyone these days [but really i do...I just don't know!]
>
>: P

yea, it makes me sad to have the weather changing. I love that first fall day though. I always notice it when it first feels like fall to me. There's a different smell in the air and it feels different outside. I dont know, maybe i'm crazy, but i always have loved that first day.

sweet p Posted: Tue Sep 30 21:48:41 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>yea, it makes me sad to have the weather changing. I love that first fall day though. I always notice it when it first feels like fall to me. There's a different smell in the air and it feels different outside. I dont know, maybe i'm crazy, but i always have loved that first day.

On September 10th, I was in my backyard and the first leaf off my favourite tree fell on my head. It was nice. I never really paid much attention to stuff like that. So I took the leaf and I put it in my scrap book and wrote the date on it. It was nice.
NOW the weather is cold and you don't know if you should wear a coat, you don't know if a t-shirt is alright if you have a sweater over. You can't wear FLIP FLOPS. I wore mittens in my room all day cos we haven't put on the heat yet. It makes me sad.

But what makes me happy is the picture of your Alice. She looks like my Coco [didn't name her...] But I live away from home at the moment and I miss her. I will try to find a picture so you can see.

libra Posted: Tue Sep 30 22:24:13 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>
>On September 10th, I was in my backyard and the first leaf off my favourite tree fell on my head. It was nice. I never really paid much attention to stuff like that. So I took the leaf and I put it in my scrap book and wrote the date on it. It was nice.
>NOW the weather is cold and you don't know if you should wear a coat, you don't know if a t-shirt is alright if you have a sweater over. You can't wear FLIP FLOPS. I wore mittens in my room all day cos we haven't put on the heat yet. It makes me sad.

I know what you mean. Today, i put on a tank top, jeans and flip-flops, but by the time i left my house, i was wearing a long-sleeved shirt and shoes. I had just looked outside and it was sunny so i assumed it was warm...but it wasnt.
>
>But what makes me happy is the picture of your Alice. She looks like my Coco [didn't name her...] But I live away from home at the moment and I miss her. I will try to find a picture so you can see.

I'm glad it makes you happy!

baristapro Posted: Wed Oct 1 00:18:15 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  morpheus said:
>Yesterday i lost control of my anger.
>I was driving, and then it struck me. For no rhyme or reason. It just came.
>
>It can't even be considered anger. It was just pure rage.
>
>My question to people here, did this moment of anger, of rage hit you for no reason whatsoever?
>Has anyone ever wondered why?

Yes...oh, after tonight, I completely understand. I so wanted to commit homicide at work it wasnt even funny. Sometimes emotions don't need prompting. Sometimes you just feel because your body chemistry is telling you to feel that way, regardles of what your rational mind is telling you to feel. But this may be because I'm drunk, and this may be because I'm just respoding...whatever.

baristapro Posted: Wed Oct 1 00:23:32 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  momo said:
>i dunno abt the rest of you but does anyone share the feeling that every negative (i say negative for need of a better word) emotion a person feels eventually will still lead it back to anger?
>
>you can feel bitter, taken for granted, disappointed, betrayed, unappreciated, unloved, jealous, annoyed or what have you but no matter what, all of these will result in anger coupled with that particular emotion?
>
>it's always disappoinment and anger, bitterness and anger. There can never be just that one emotion alone but Anger on the other hand, one can just feel it for no particular reason. Pure unadulterated rage.
>
>just an observation.. feel free to correct me.

Not usually anger, hon. Just saddness. Every emotion, be it negative or positive usually leads to saddness. I don't know why, and have no control over it, but it does. There was a really pretty sun shower today, and it made me feel kinda sad. Even though I was happy about it, I ended up sad. Every road leads to it.

sweet p Posted: Wed Oct 1 00:56:49 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hypocrite said:
>Every road leads to it.

Yes, I think you may be correct.
Maybe there are 2 kinds of people? Those who end up angry and those who end up sad?

I have observed people being so happy they become sad. I used to think that maybe it was because not many people are always happy. And so when they are, they question it. Think about it so much they end up being sad. But I think it's just emotion overload. I guess for me that's the case.

iggy Posted: Wed Oct 1 03:56:40 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  we were joking about this the other day...
other people would see a bluebird and go "oooh see the bluebird singing on my shoulder"

we would go, "oh fuck, the bluebird just crapped on my shoulder"

there's such a thing as an overdose of happiness

iggy Posted: Wed Oct 1 04:03:32 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hypocrite said:

>Yes...oh, after tonight, I completely understand. I so wanted to commit homicide at work it wasnt even funny. Sometimes emotions don't need prompting. Sometimes you just feel because your body chemistry is telling you to feel that way, regardles of what your rational mind is telling you to feel. But this may be because I'm drunk, and this may be because I'm just respoding...whatever.

there was once when this fella that kept giving my classmate shit in uni. he kept on taunting and making those racist digs on my friend (he's chinese and i am too) so i got up from my seat jump over the seats between the asshole and me and beat the shit out of him. it wasn't even a fight. it was just me beating the shit outta him. so i scared myself and most of my classmates on how bad my temper was.

i mean i know i've a short fuse but i was looking at the damage afterwards... i couldn't even really remember how he ended up outside with a trashcan over his head. oh yeah, i'm like 5'5 and he's like 6'2 and probably is twice my size

misszero Posted: Wed Oct 1 09:27:10 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i get angry and curl up and tense all my muscles and scream silently. then i feel cramped, but very slightly better. the end.

Kira Posted: Wed Oct 1 15:15:31 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I get angry when I'm really polite and sweet to people and they look at me like I'm an idiot. This seems to happen a lot. Excuse me for having good manners. I always want to run out and shoot the dickens out of aluminum cans then--not people, mind you, because shooting people isn't polite and that's the whole damn point.

Then I feel bad for getting mad. Anger seems like such a waste of strength.

libra Posted: Wed Oct 1 21:38:14 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I too tend to get sad instead of angry. I don't get angry often, and if i am i tend to just keep it inside and it demonstrates itself in sadness instead of anger. I tend to not show the emotions i'm feeling if they're negative (except around my parents). That's why everyone i know thinks i'm a very happy, nice person.

momo Posted: Thu Oct 2 21:12:27 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i understand where you guys are coming from about sadness and all, i too still get it sometimes but these few months of joblessness and seeing the real world for what it really is has made me so angry.

and i feel that getting angry is actually healthier than being sad... you rant and rave and put syphilis "curses" on them but once it's over, it's over.

getting sad on the other end is a prolonged thing... that's why hypocrite, even when you see beautiful things that otherwise will make many happy or contented, makes you sad somehow.

for me anger seems a better alternative to deal with the disappointments in life rather than sadness. When you get angry, you tend not to bow down to circumstances and it renews the fight in you.

baristapro Posted: Sun Oct 5 12:26:56 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>Hypocrite said:
>>Every road leads to it.
>
>>
>I have observed people being so happy they become sad.

A really good book that sums this up is "Everything is Illuminated" by Jonathan Safran Foer...it is the most incredible book I have ever read. It deals alot with this kind of thinking, but it's alot more then that. I strongly recommend it.

sweet p Posted: Sun Oct 5 16:25:43 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hypocrite said:
>A really good book that sums this up is "Everything is Illuminated" by Jonathan Safran Foer...it is the most incredible book I have ever read. It deals alot with this kind of thinking, but it's alot more then that. I strongly recommend it.

sweet, i'll check it out
thanks hypocrite

baristapro Posted: Tue Oct 7 13:29:31 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>Hypocrite said:
>>A really good book that sums this up is "Everything is Illuminated" by Jonathan Safran Foer...it is the most incredible book I have ever read. It deals alot with this kind of thinking, but it's alot more then that. I strongly recommend it.
>
>sweet, i'll check it out
>thanks hypocrite

No prob.

Mesh Posted: Tue Oct 7 17:12:44 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hypocrite said:
>Sweet P said:
>>Hypocrite said:
>>>A really good book that sums this up is "Everything is Illuminated" by Jonathan Safran Foer...it is the most incredible book I have ever read. It deals alot with this kind of thinking, but it's alot more then that. I strongly recommend it.
>>
>>sweet, i'll check it out
>>thanks hypocrite
>

Yes, I may also see into geting it.
>
>No prob.

FN Posted: Tue Oct 7 17:58:24 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Happiness is a loaded gun to the side of your head which you know that can go off any second.

Read it somewhere and it's true. Sometimes I'm afraid of being happy.

iggy Posted: Wed Oct 8 20:42:09 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>
>Read it somewhere and it's true. Sometimes I'm afraid of being happy.

somehow it's frighteningly true.
i used to torment myself by listening to a lot of depressed music so that i won't be too happy.

i used to believe that if only i can make happiness an elusive part of my life, it would be more meaningful to me somehow

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]