Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Any dog lovers ?
ifihadahif Posted: Mon Oct 20 12:47:54 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. Dogs are never permitted in the house. The dog stays outside in a specially built wooden compartment named, for very good reason, the dog house.

2. Okay, the dog can enter the house, but only for short visit or if his own house is under renovation.

3. Okay, the dog can stay in the house on a permanent basis, provided his dog house can be sold in a yard sale to a rookie dog owner.

4. Inside the house, the dog is not allowed to run free and is confined to a comfortable but secure metal cage.

5. Okay, the cage becomes part of a two-for-one deal along with the dog house in the yard sale, and the dog can go wherever the heck he pleases.

6. The dog is never allowed on the furniture.

7. Okay, the dog can get on the old furniture but not the new furniture.

8. Okay, the dog can get up on the new furniture until it looks like the old furniture and then we'll sell the whole works and buy new furniture...upon which the dog will most definitely not be allowed.

9. The dog never sleeps on the bed. Period.

10. Okay, the dog can sleep at the foot of the bed.

11. Okay, the dog can sleep alongside you, but he's not allowed under the covers.

12. Okay, the dog can sleep under the covers but not with his head on the pillow.

13. Okay, the dog can sleep alongside you under the covers with his head on the pillow, but if he snores he's got to leave the room.

14. Okay, the dog can sleep and snore and have nightmares in bed, but he's not to come in and sleep on the couch in the TV room, where I'm now sleeping. That's just not fair.

15. The dog never gets listed on the census questionnaire as "primary resident," even if it's true.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. -anonymous

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful. - Ann Landers

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. - Ben Williams

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. - Josh Billings

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. - Andrew A. Rooney

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." - M. Facklam

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate. -Sigmund Freud

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons -James Thurber

I wonder what goes through his mind when he sees us peeing in his water bowl. - Penny Ward Moser

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down. -Robert Benchly

"I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult." - Rita Rudner

Dogs need to sniff the ground; it's how they keep abreast of current events. The ground is a giant dog newspaper, containing all kinds of late-breaking dog news items, which, if they are especially urgent, are often continued in the next yard. -Dave Barry

"Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never has washed a puppy.

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money. - Joe Weinstein

Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Ever consider what they must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth! -Anne Tyler

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea. -Robert A. Heinlein

Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative. -Mordecai Segal (b. 1934)

addi Posted: Mon Oct 20 12:54:58 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  >ifihadahif said:

>If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons -James Thurber

Good stuff, hif. Thurber was one of the biggest influences in my cartooning life.

BTW...Love gogs, except for poodles. "Poodles? We don't need no stinkin' poodles!"

addi Posted: Mon Oct 20 12:56:28 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:

>
>BTW...Love gogs, except for

I love gogs and dogs. (addi, you idiot!)

novemberrain Posted: Mon Oct 20 13:34:54 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  heh, it's like they are specifically refering to my family's dogs...

"A child who has lost their dog yesterday knows more about love than some people who have spent a lifetime in it."

libra Posted: Mon Oct 20 16:56:10 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  actually, poodle's are pretty good dogs, even though i dont like them either. They are pretty intelligent compared to other dogs, they don't shed because they have hair not fur, and they are classified as sporting dogs, not toys, so they are not like yippie little brats...i still dont like the way they look though...

I have two fox terriers myself, and they are absolutely wonderful!

Mesh Posted: Mon Oct 20 17:04:52 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  

I like border collies. they are so much full of energy, and they are so loving to those they like, and wary of those they dont.

Kira Posted: Mon Oct 20 18:49:32 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>
>I like border collies. they are so much full of energy, and they are so loving to those they like, and wary of those they dont.

I have a border collie and she's the coolest ever. They are supposed to be the second smartest breed in the world, poodles being the first.

Mesh Posted: Mon Oct 20 19:39:03 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>meshuggah said:
>>
>>I like border collies. they are so much full of energy, and they are so loving to those they like, and wary of those they dont.
>
>I have a border collie and she's the coolest ever. They are supposed to be the second smartest breed in the world, poodles being the first.

Yeah, mi sister has one. named winston. i like him a lot

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Oct 20 21:08:52 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  actually poodles are great dogs if you don't give them that gay haircut.
we had a couple of standard poodles when i was a kid and we raised them like mutts. and they were just really cool dogs.

libra Posted: Mon Oct 20 21:36:00 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>actually poodles are great dogs if you don't give them that gay haircut.
>we had a couple of standard poodles when i was a kid and we raised them like mutts. and they were just really cool dogs.

hey hey hey now...i dont like the term 'gay' being used in a mean way, thats not nice...

antartica Posted: Tue Oct 21 03:08:47 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i love dogs...
chinese style with lots of spring onion and ginger, stir fried lightly.

or a nice minute steak style.

if you have time a stew works pretty well....

ok ok, enuf of them lousy sic jokes...

any one heard of that new book? it's on cooking. by that famous chinese chef. "One Hung Low" - "101 ways to wok your dog"

ANT! STOP IT!!!!!

yeah i love dogs...
any nice dogs out there with a girl? do gimme a call, please send picture of girl.

the ex had a silky terrier/maltese mix, and she was a joy! i dunno, but all you with canine experience will know that dogs know who's a friend and who's not. i used to visit the SPCA with the ex just to play with dogs and they will decide whom they will like, and in most cases they will just come to me... it is such a great feeling when the pup or whatever just jumps you.

unfortunately i cannot have a dog now as i am not at home and travelling... =(

any one who has read the "Mr God, this is Anna" books, remember the part where she was going on about mirrors and that God made us in his reflection?

Well look at the word God backwards =)

addi Posted: Tue Oct 21 07:13:45 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>
>hey hey hey now...i dont like the term 'gay' being used in a mean way, thats not nice...

I'm sure hif meant "gay" as in happy. Poodles are too happy when they get groomed that way. : )

And I guess I don't have anything personal against poodles. I know they're a smart breed. I guess my bias against them comes from too many negative experiences with poodle owners (which isn't the dogs fault)...when I was young my friend had a standard poodle and it kept trying to hump my leg every time I came over. And I never even gave it any "come hither" looks. I kept yelling at the dumb dog that I was not a "thing" to be used for his sexual gratification, but I don't think it ever sunk in.

sweet p Posted: Wed Oct 22 16:46:30 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  : P to poodles

I once had a dog that had some poodle in her but she did not look like one and she was wonderful...

I suppose I like most dogs...I guess I am really just judging on appearance here for those poor poodles...

One day I will get a black lab...I think they are fantastic. We also had a siberian husky...she was beautiful. And at home I have a jack russle terrier...very energetic little creature.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Oct 23 11:31:37 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i have a basenji at home.
anybody ever heard of them ?
anybody want one ?

Kira Posted: Thu Oct 23 12:58:48 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>i have a basenji at home.
>anybody ever heard of them ?
>anybody want one ?

Ahh, basenjis are so great. I love when they 'sing.' The few I've met seemed very aloof though.

Once met a basenji/boston terrier mix, had the body of the first and the markings of the latter, and the sweetest personality. Wish I had one of those.

libra Posted: Thu Oct 23 14:53:18 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I really want a basenji, they're really cool dogs

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Oct 23 15:43:02 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my basenji (cosmo) is definitely part of the family. when we first got him, i could have killed him. you cannot leave a basenji alone in a house, they will destroy pretty much anything they can reach, and they can reach pretty much anything.
of course we had no idea what we were getting. my dog has destroyed 3 sofas,
2 chairs, 2 cordless phones, and scores of mini-blinds.
this could have been avoided by putting him in a cage during the day when i'm at work, but i had no idea about the temperment of a basenji.
in spite of all this we have bonded to the point that i really hate the thought of losing him. they really are unique.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]