Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Stay or Go?
Mesh Posted: Sun Oct 26 14:13:33 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If you believed invasion of Iraq was justified or no, it happened. But now that US has invaded, do you think that US troops should to just pick up and leave, or should they stick it out and stay?

FN Posted: Sun Oct 26 16:07:12 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  They should finish what they started.

I'm against the fact that Europe and other countries are getting involved in it as well.

Let the american taxpayers pay the price, next time they'll think twice on who to vote or about voting or not.

libra Posted: Sun Oct 26 18:26:15 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Even though i was against the war, i don't think we can just leave now. Reconstruction is a key element to any conflict, and we've seen from past events how crucial it is to conduct ourselves in certain ways. I say we help, I, of course, would have different policies than bush probably, but i still think it is something we have to do.

Asswipe Posted: Sun Oct 26 19:23:00 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i don't watch much of the news but last i heard there's still fighting going on. Anyone know who is still standing up against us?

libra Posted: Sun Oct 26 19:38:50 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey mesh, what is that place in your picture? its so pretty

Mesh Posted: Sun Oct 26 19:53:46 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>hey mesh, what is that place in your picture? its so pretty

Town of Torshavn

addi Posted: Mon Oct 27 07:22:04 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>libra said:
>>hey mesh, what is that place in your picture? its so pretty
>
>
>Town of Torshavn

I hear it's hard to find a decent mexican resturant there :)

for better or worse we have no choice now but to stay in Iraq for the long haul. And Chris, no worries about european countries having to flip the bill (or lose soldiers, outside of Britian). Last week germany, france and russia made it clear they aren't going to give money unless Bush agrees to change his stance on a number of sticking points. That probably won't happen, at least in the foreseeable near future. So us Americans will be bending over and pulling our wallets out for now. Furthermore, we will be there a long long time. Anyone that believes this is going to be a few months or years situation has there head up there ass (or is republican). Mark my words; Iraq will remain unstable and need our military presence, as well as billions of our dollars, untill you young GTers start getting gray hair and/or saggy breasts.

FN Posted: Mon Oct 27 12:45:41 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Last thing I heard there are an average of 26 attacks every day on american troops.

If I'm not mistaking there have been more american casualities in Iraq since the war 'ended' than during the actual war itself.

I don't know the average death rate a day so can't tell you about that one.

Mesh Posted: Mon Oct 27 16:11:26 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Last thing I heard there are an average of 26 attacks every day on american troops.
> Sounds about right.

>If I'm not mistaking there have been more american casualities in Iraq since the war 'ended' than during the actual war itself.
>I believe you are not mistaken.

>I don't know the average death rate a day so can't tell you about that one.

Dont know the rate a day, but i read on cnn or something a couple of weeks ago where a US military officer put it at six to nine a week for the last couple of weeks.

Al-Rashid Hotel, three police stations and International Red Cross were also attacked within the last couple of days.

And since i asked the question, i should answer it. I am also of the belief, they must stay until a new iraqi goverment, police forces and military can keep the country in order. Iraq cannot be abandoned the way Afghanistan was after the soviets withdrew. That would in short, be bad for Iraqi people and the region, but in the longer term, could be bad for US and its allies , as it could set up the same conditions in Iraq that existed in afghanistan which allowed the taliban and al qaeda to come to power.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]