Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Project Gutenberg
iggy Posted: Mon Oct 27 08:21:15 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  www.gutenberg.net

About Project Gutenberg

Thank you for your interest in Project Gutenberg!

Project Gutenberg is the Internet's oldest producer of FREE electronic books (eBooks or eTexts).
What books will I find
in Project Gutenberg?

Project Gutenberg is the brainchild of Michael Hart, who in 1971 decided that it would be a really good idea if lots of famous and important texts were freely available to everyone in the world. Since then, he has been joined by hundreds of volunteers who share his vision.
Now, more than thirty years later, Project Gutenberg has the following figures (as of November 8th 2002): 203 New eBooks released during October 2002, 1975 New eBooks produced in 2002 (they were 1240 in 2001) for a total of 6267 Total Project Gutenberg eBooks. 119 eBooks have been posted so far by Project Gutenberg of Australia

Mesh Posted: Mon Oct 27 09:57:19 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have read a couple of books entirely from that site. It is indeed a good thing :)

Mesh Posted: Mon Oct 27 09:59:10 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This is where i read the wizard of Oz :)

zander83 Posted: Mon Oct 27 12:01:12 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thank you so much... this will be incredibly useful...

Cubota Posted: Mon Oct 27 15:32:15 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I have read a couple of books entirely from that site. It is indeed a good thing :)
Nah, don't think so. Touch, crack and open a book. Flick from one page to another, put it down, pick it up, take it to the pool, put a beer on it.

Mesh Posted: Mon Oct 27 15:56:15 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cubota said:
>meshuggah said:
>>I have read a couple of books entirely from that site. It is indeed a good thing :)
>Nah, don't think so. Touch, crack and open a book. Flick from one page to another, put it down, pick it up, take it to the pool, put a beer on it.

Oh yes indeed i agree , nothing can to come close to owning the real book.

libra Posted: Mon Oct 27 16:38:42 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have to have the books that i'm reading, i don't think i'd be able to read them off the computer--its bad for your eyes too!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]