Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Costume Ideas
socialyD Posted: Wed Oct 29 13:03:26 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This is not really a thought provoking subject but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a Bettie Page costume? I like to go as Bettie Page but I really don't want to walk around half naked in thirty degree weather. So if you have an ideas please help me out.

addi Posted: Wed Oct 29 16:08:12 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I can't be of much help. The one and only time I dressed up as a girl for Holloween I was literally molested by some drunk idiot in a Frankenstein costume. Still having nightmares over that one.
I do wonder if you pull it off if anyone would recognize who you are. I would think she's kinda obscure to the younger generation. Maybe you could find some nude colored long underwear to wear under the skimpy outfit to keep warm.
Or maybe just keep a lot of warm bodies around you when you're outside. If it's that revealing it shouldn't be hard to find volunteers. Good luck.

socialyD Posted: Wed Oct 29 16:33:56 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:

>I do wonder if you pull it off if anyone would recognize who you are. I would think she's kinda obscure to the younger generation.

I think you'd be surprised. Bettie Page is becomeing quite the icon for punck and goth style. The only problem with their ideas are I only have Bettie Page hair and makeup. None of the had good costume ideas. Thanks for your help though I think I might just have to do the half naked thing.

sweet p Posted: Wed Oct 29 17:13:26 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hmm
well...which Bettie are you going as?

jungle Bettie...beach Bettie...whip bettie...lingerie bettie?
Though all very nude anyway, they are very different styles...

lingerie and whipe bettie are easiest because you can go half naked but throw on a black trench coat and tie it up and if you want to show off the real costume, open it up ...but at least you will be warmer...

For jungle bettie all i can think of is some sort of throw rug/blanket thing that has animal print on it...

dunno...

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]