Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Some Observations
socialyD Posted: Wed Nov 12 15:54:47 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I work in an office as an adminstrative assistant our receptions goes to school three day a week for a couple of hours and I fill in at the front desk for her. I have found some observation that may help anyone looking for a job.

Do not show up to drop off a resume or fill out application and...

ask a question like 'What does this company do'. Try to find out some information about where you're applying before showing up. You sound ignorant and how do you know you want to work here if you don't even know what we do?

literaly drop the resume or application and run. Sometimes potential bosses may want to speak to you or they're maybe some information you'll miss is you don't take a moment.

bring your cell phone in or leave it on. It is extremely irritating to be trying to work and have someone's phone go off or them be making phone call and having converstaions in your working area.

come in smelling like cigarett smoke or any smoke for that matter. Our company has a no smoking policy. (The boss is allergic)When someone comes in smelling like smoke you might as well forget it.

addi Posted: Wed Nov 12 15:59:05 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  socialyD said:

>
> come in smelling like cigarett smoke or any smoke for that matter. Our company has a no smoking policy. (The boss is allergic)When someone comes in smelling like smoke you might as well forget it.

What if it's smoke from your charcoal grill?

One more do not:

Don't show up for an interview in a thong, unless it falls on casual day and it's your nice fake leopard skin one.

socialyD Posted: Wed Nov 12 17:03:50 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>socialyD said:
>
>>
>
>
>What if it's smoke from your charcoal grill?
>My best advice is no BBQ before job hunting.
>
One more do not:
>
>Don't show up for an interview in a thong, unless it falls on casual day and it's your nice fake leopard skin one.

Thanks for the humor. Long days and little sleep make my irritation hit it's top level when I'm up front.

My best advice is no BBQ before job hunting.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]