Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

the idea of beauty
iggy Posted: Wed Nov 12 21:28:02 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The Idea of Beauty

According to the Arabian Nights, the ideal woman was to have 'breasts of white ivory, a harmonious belly, a glroy of thighs and buttocks like cushions'. Some societies encouraged these qualities to the extreme.

In Mauretania, there were hugely obese young girls who couldn't even walk unaided and needed to be supported by two slaves. These girls were considered to be perfect beauties for whom there was a great demand among the local warriors who vied for their affections. According to local tradition, the most desirable girl was no taller than 160cm (5'2") and weighed over 150kg (330lbs). A girl fitting this description was sexually attractive because of her oval shape, and her light complexion due to the skin being stretched by fat deposits.

To make their daughters appear more attractive to future husbands the mothers forced them to consume enormous amounts of nutritious dates and drink up to five litres of milk every day. Mothers were so determined to make their daugters look beautiful that they forced them to eat long after the girls had eaten enough. The mothers punched the girls feet with wooden sticks, which caused them to cry out in pain. As the girl opened her mouth, the mother would stuff more food in.

A similar custom also took place among the Tuareg girls of the Sahara. There, a girls fatness was promoted by her family from an early age to make her more sexually attractive. Daughters of rich families were taken on by slaves whose sole duty was to force the girls to swallow enormous quanitities of starchy foods and milk. The girl was then massaged vigorously and rolled in the sand by the slaves to suppress angles and give the body a smooth, rounded appearance. By the age of eighteen, the girls were usually ideally obese and they were often so heavy that they were unable to stand without the assistance of two very strong slaves. When it came to travelling anywhere, the girls were often loaded onto camels as it was too difficult for them to walk.

In many societies, there has been large emphasis on the shape and size of women's breasts as a mark of beauty. Peoples such as the Hopi Inidans of North America and the Thonga of East Africa were known to favour very large breasts. On the other hand, The Azande of Central Africa wanted their females to have low hanging breasts. Local girls tied special bands tightly across their chests to force the breasts to hang down lower.

An opposite view of women's beauty was favoured in parts of Europe. In nineteenth century Spain, the most beautiful women were those who had very small breasts. To achieve this, their breasts were covered with heavy leaden plates to prevent them from growing with normal development. As a result, the girls considered the most beautiful in this region had practically no breasts.

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 13 02:37:18 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>The Idea of Beauty
>
>According to the Arabian Nights, the ideal woman was to have 'breasts of white ivory, a harmonious belly, a glroy of thighs and buttocks like cushions'. Some societies encouraged these qualities to the extreme.
>
>In Mauretania, there were hugely obese young girls who couldn't even walk unaided and needed to be supported by two slaves. These girls were considered to be perfect beauties for whom there was a great demand among the local warriors who vied for their affections. According to local tradition, the most desirable girl was no taller than 160cm (5'2") and weighed over 150kg (330lbs). A girl fitting this description was sexually attractive because of her oval shape, and her light complexion due to the skin being stretched by fat deposits.
>
>To make their daughters appear more attractive to future husbands the mothers forced them to consume enormous amounts of nutritious dates and drink up to five litres of milk every day. Mothers were so determined to make their daugters look beautiful that they forced them to eat long after the girls had eaten enough. The mothers punched the girls feet with wooden sticks, which caused them to cry out in pain. As the girl opened her mouth, the mother would stuff more food in.
>
>A similar custom also took place among the Tuareg girls of the Sahara. There, a girls fatness was promoted by her family from an early age to make her more sexually attractive. Daughters of rich families were taken on by slaves whose sole duty was to force the girls to swallow enormous quanitities of starchy foods and milk. The girl was then massaged vigorously and rolled in the sand by the slaves to suppress angles and give the body a smooth, rounded appearance. By the age of eighteen, the girls were usually ideally obese and they were often so heavy that they were unable to stand without the assistance of two very strong slaves. When it came to travelling anywhere, the girls were often loaded onto camels as it was too difficult for them to walk.
>
>In many societies, there has been large emphasis on the shape and size of women's breasts as a mark of beauty. Peoples such as the Hopi Inidans of North America and the Thonga of East Africa were known to favour very large breasts. On the other hand, The Azande of Central Africa wanted their females to have low hanging breasts. Local girls tied special bands tightly across their chests to force the breasts to hang down lower.
>
>An opposite view of women's beauty was favoured in parts of Europe. In nineteenth century Spain, the most beautiful women were those who had very small breasts. To achieve this, their breasts were covered with heavy leaden plates to prevent them from growing with normal development. As a result, the girls considered the most beautiful in this region had practically no breasts.

Eh, i always say a little meat on a girl is healthy, but thats is to taking it too far>

antartica Posted: Thu Nov 13 03:44:25 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh man...
why does celibacy suddenly sound do tempting???

NOT!!!!!!!

addi Posted: Thu Nov 13 07:13:43 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Interesting topic ant

My mindless rambling:

Interesting that over time it's always been women who were subject to the male's idea of the perfect body, whether heavy or thin or flat or large chested. I've never heard of any previous cultures placing that same obsession on a male body. As far as I know it's been a well sculptured tall muscular form as the ideal. I suspect in most cases the shape of the male didn't even matter that much. It was his status within that society that was important.
Today I feel like it's to each their own. I'm not proud of it, and I could be guilty of shallowness, but I have a bias against really heavy women. It's a turn off to me. I also dislike the skin and bones look some women put their bodies through, thinking it looks good.

Right now in America's black culture a woman with a large protruding ass is seen by most black men as desirable (Baby's got back!)I think it's ugly, but that's just my "whiteness" coming out. Ultimately it would be nice if more emphasis could be put on a persons mind and personality, but that's pie in the sky wishing on my part, and goes against human nature to some degree. If any of us think back to past relationships we'd have to admit that the first thing that hits or attracks us to another person is a physical reaction to their looks. The deeper connections come after that. If someone is unattractive to you a strong frienship and caring may occur, but most of the time it won't translate into a long lasting sexual relationship.

*geez, I'm just a talking fool this morning!

mat_j Posted: Thu Nov 13 07:57:52 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Has anyone ever noticed that before Marilyn Monroe there are no documented pictures of large breasts at all, It seems as if she just invented them for the new century and now they're everywhere.

What does it all mean?

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Nov 13 08:52:19 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>
> If any of us think back to past relationships we'd have to admit that the first thing that hits or attracks us to another person is a physical reaction to their looks. The deeper connections come after that. If someone is unattractive to you a strong frienship and caring may occur, but most of the time it won't translate into a long lasting sexual relationship.

of course the physical thing is what is most important in your youth. imagine being at a gathering of some sort (think party), and you see someone across the room that you are attracted to. hmmm, could it be her mind that you fancy ? probably not.
then again you can have a friendship with a someone you thought to be plain looking and as you get to know her better, she can become more and more attractive to you.
and then when you get to be an old fart to me, you don't care what they look like, your just grateful if they show up.

addi Posted: Thu Nov 13 09:44:41 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>and then when you get to be an old fart to me, you don't care what they look like, your just grateful if they show up.

Oh I hear you friend. So sad

"Hey, she moved! She's MINE!"

antartica Posted: Thu Nov 13 09:54:01 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>and then when you get to be an old fart to me, you don't care what they look like, your just grateful if they show up.
>
>Oh I hear you friend. So sad
>
>"Hey, she moved! She's MINE!"

relax Addi!!!
that was just the earth trembling a wee bit.....

bluellama Posted: Thu Nov 13 09:58:34 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:

>Interesting that over time it's always been women who were subject to the male's idea of the perfect body, whether heavy or thin or flat or large chested.

I agree with you there. Women are always trying to present themselves in the most desierable way for men. They try and mold themselves to become what the standards of today are, and in turn lose parts of thier true self. Women used to be admired in Old England if they were extremely pale. Now-a-days, the more baked and fried you look, the better it is. Women change for men, but that will never change.
Beauty, to me, is measured on the inside. I was not that attracted to my sig. other when we first knew each other, but over about 4 years of getting to know each other and being friends, the chemistry just sparked, and I fell in love. Now I think they are the most gorgeous person in the world.

zander83 Posted: Thu Nov 13 11:15:25 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't know about this beauty thing... all i know is i feel so pretty... oh so pretty...
yeah alright... woot

Chaos Posted: Thu Nov 13 11:26:09 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm always trying to look at things from a scientific standpoint. therefore i try to explain everything in rational terms. however, beauty isn't something that is easily explained, but its fun to try, so here i go:

i suppose it is unlikely for an entire culture to be attracted to 'larger' women due to a natural desire from birth, but more likely men born into this society saw that these women were highly prized and saught after by other males and so developed a liking for them. similar to learning to like your vegatables.
in this way nature can account for various genetic benefits carried by the women that are larger. perhaps they had some quality that made them more able to function in this society, and that is why the men originally begin to like them. (not saying they are otherwise undesirable!)
often our view of how attractive someone else is greatly affected by what we think others feel about them. like in high school, rather unattractive but popular people have more 'relationship success' than their inverse. social status makes a large difference in what we percieve as beautiful or attractive because we are naturally drawn toward success. (aren't we shallow? lol)
i think, however, there have been certain 'likes' programmed into humans. although the shape may vary slightly over time due to social trends, for a long time before civilization there were definate charectoristics that caused some humans to survive over others. these charectoristics (spelling is not one of mine) were then associated with respective shapes on the body. for instance strong hips in a woman would give her better odds of baring a child successfully (there is that success thing again).
also, there are other cause of percieved beauty. if you have ever had a relationship with someone that you felt very strongly for, but then the relationship fell apart or stopped for some reason. the ways you identified that person, be it hair color, complexion, smell, overall shape, voice or whatever suddenly become attractive in other people. i suspect it is because you are conditioned to being happy or pleased by a person with those qualities.

well, i think ill post while this is still a reply and not a book.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Nov 13 12:11:40 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mmmmmm... redheads. . . .beautiful . . .

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 13 13:36:49 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  

>Right now in America's black culture a woman with a large protruding ass is seen by most black men as desirable

Well when it comes to the behind, I guess I like a girl with a nice plump round kabooty, but not TOO big, and most certanely not like some of the HUGE asses i have seen some women showing off.

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 13 13:42:40 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  bluellama said:
>addison said:
>
>>Interesting that over time it's always been women who were subject to the male's idea of the perfect body, whether heavy or thin or flat or large chested.
>
>I agree with you there. Women are always trying to present themselves in the most desierable way for men. They try and mold themselves to become what the standards of today are, and in turn lose parts of thier true self. Women used to be admired in Old England if they were extremely pale. Now-a-days, the more baked and fried you look, the better it is. Women change for men, but that will never change.
>Beauty, to me, is measured on the inside. I was not that attracted to my sig. other when we first knew each other, but over about 4 years of getting to know each other and being friends, the chemistry just sparked, and I fell in love. Now I think they are the most gorgeous person in the world.

i think personally that it is degrading to women to always try so hard to look like what men think they should look like. I have had a few "Hot, sexy" women tell me I am sexist when i say that(actually they yelled it at me and cussed, but thats besides the point), but i think it would be sexist to think the opposite. What I am saying is it does not seem fair for them to have a perfect physical image to try to look up to. And i think women who go out and get fake breasts and plastic surgery and do to help this kind of thinking along.

Of course i would be lying if i say, as a man, i dont notice good looking women, but i try not to give them more attention than i give any other woman.

libra Posted: Thu Nov 13 13:52:51 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am sick of this need for perfection society forces on women. Women are supposed to look, if not gorgeous, at least like one of the least pretty actresses or tv-sitcom stars. Movies and television show perfect women, with perfect skin and hair and the perfect wardrobe. The men that date these women are sometimes spectacular, but at other times, they're grungy, and that's 'cool.'
I have a friend who plays baseball, and he's trying to gain weight. I find this incredibly unfair, since I, as someone who tends to be very self conscious, try to keep myself relatively slim so when i have to wear a bathing suit or whatever, i'm comfortable with myself in it...I wish i could just trade places with him for a day...then i could eat as much chocolate as i want!

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Nov 13 14:00:35 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>I am sick of this need for perfection society forces on women. Women are supposed to look, if not gorgeous, at least like one of the least pretty actresses or tv-sitcom stars. Movies and television show perfect women, with perfect skin and hair and the perfect wardrobe. The men that date these women are sometimes spectacular, but at other times, they're grungy, and that's 'cool.'
>I have a friend who plays baseball, and he's trying to gain weight. I find this incredibly unfair, since I, as someone who tends to be very self conscious, try to keep myself relatively slim so when i have to wear a bathing suit or whatever, i'm comfortable with myself in it...I wish i could just trade places with him for a day...then i could eat as much chocolate as i want!

don't put so much pressure on yourself.
with a smile like yours, you should be on top of the world.

socialyD Posted: Thu Nov 13 14:01:05 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have learned long ago that as female not maintaining the ideal norms can be limiting in your relationship sucess. But I have also found that these women, who men claim to be so beautiful, offten are just that... beautiful. They have no talents, or skills, they rely only and often on thier looks to get them through. These beautiful girls have never had to work hard for anything in their life, beauty is a major door opener.
I would rather be not be 'beautiful' and had earned my place in life. Being where I am because I worked for it. I also like having my distinct personality that is result of my life experiences. I enjoy being me.
I was wrong to say that being not being 'beautiful' limits your sucess. It simply makes it more of a challenge. You just have to learn to show your qualities that make you attractive.
For me it was learning to be confident and proud of who I was. I will never look like a playmate, but in reality I wouldn't want to. But I will always be proud of the person I am, playboy bunny or not.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Nov 13 14:04:39 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  socialyD said:
>I have learned long ago that as female not maintaining the ideal norms can be limiting in your relationship sucess. But I have also found that these women, who men claim to be so beautiful, offten are just that... beautiful. They have no talents, or skills, they rely only and often on thier looks to get them through. These beautiful girls have never had to work hard for anything in their life, beauty is a major door opener.
>I would rather be not be 'beautiful' and had earned my place in life. Being where I am because I worked for it. I also like having my distinct personality that is result of my life experiences. I enjoy being me.
>I was wrong to say that being not being 'beautiful' limits your sucess. It simply makes it more of a challenge. You just have to learn to show your qualities that make you attractive.
>For me it was learning to be confident and proud of who I was. I will never look like a playmate, but in reality I wouldn't want to. But I will always be proud of the person I am, playboy bunny or not.

what about the girl that is both talented and intelligent as well as beautiful ?
will you give her credit for her accomplishments or just say it was here beauty that got her where she is ?

socialyD Posted: Thu Nov 13 14:54:46 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  

>
>what about the girl that is both talented and intelligent as well as beautiful ?
>will you give her credit for her accomplishments or just say it was here beauty that got her where she is ?

As always there are exceptions to every rule. But the question I have for you is; is the reason she's beautiful because she is talentented and intelligent? I have never heard of someone finding a girl's talents and intelligecne the result of her beauty. But like I said there are exceptions to every rule.

libra Posted: Thu Nov 13 15:34:03 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't think i'd want to be incredibly beautiful. You'd have to deal with all these jerks on the street whistling and making comments...that would get soo annoying really quickly.

When will guys realize that whistling at a girl gets them nowhere, and just makes them look stupid?

sweet p Posted: Thu Nov 13 15:44:49 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>I don't think i'd want to be incredibly beautiful. You'd have to deal with all these jerks on the street whistling and making comments...that would get soo annoying really quickly.
>
>When will guys realize that whistling at a girl gets them nowhere, and just makes them look stupid?

You know, I have always had the same opinion as you about their "cat calls" or whatever you want to call them and I never understood why it never gets old for them. But what's really weird is that some women actually like it. I dunno...maybe it's some sort of insecurity thing and it makes them feel good for 2 seconds. Especially now [living downtown], at night and in the clubbing district, you see tons of guys staring and calling out to girls that walk by and the girls gather with their friends and giggle and wave...They don't look unimpressed at all!

Strange world...

addi Posted: Thu Nov 13 17:28:07 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you two are the exception, and not the rule.

as for me I'm glad I never learned how to whistle properly. I can find other ways to make myself look stupid to women.

No matter how happily a woman may be married, it always pleases her to discover that there is a man who wishes she were not.
H.L. Mencken

libra Posted: Thu Nov 13 18:29:42 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yea, being whistled at just makes me feel uncomfortable and violated, in a way. The other day I was walking to class and as i passed these two guys one of them said something like "very nice, very nice" sort of to me, sort of to his friend as i walked past. I wanted to hit him, well, at least yell at him. But I didn't.

addi Posted: Thu Nov 13 19:38:17 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Yea, being whistled at just makes me feel uncomfortable and violated, in a way.

I understand why you don't like that behavior, but if I was a woman I'd prefer the cat calls and whistles over having guys take a look at me and then run away screaming.

libra Posted: Thu Nov 13 19:54:58 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>libra said:
>>Yea, being whistled at just makes me feel uncomfortable and violated, in a way.
>
>I understand why you don't like that behavior, but if I was a woman I'd prefer the cat calls and whistles over having guys take a look at me and then run away screaming.

yea, i guess so. That would be kind of frightening. But do you have any idea to actually have a guy look you up and down in that stereotypical way...well, i guess girls do it too. But guys are so OBVIOUS about checking out other girls.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Nov 13 20:00:57 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>addison said:
>>libra said:
>>>Yea, being whistled at just makes me feel uncomfortable and violated, in a way.
>>
>>I understand why you don't like that behavior, but if I was a woman I'd prefer the cat calls and whistles over having guys take a look at me and then run away screaming.
>
>yea, i guess so. That would be kind of frightening. But do you have any idea to actually have a guy look you up and down in that stereotypical way...well, i guess girls do it too. But guys are so OBVIOUS about checking out other girls.

it works both ways too. i'll bet you would hate it if guys never ever took the trouble to "check you out".

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 13 20:10:30 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>I don't think i'd want to be incredibly beautiful. You'd have to deal with all these jerks on the street whistling and making comments...that would get soo annoying really quickly.
>
>When will guys realize that whistling at a girl gets them nowhere, and just makes them look stupid?

I wouldnt count on that ever happening.

And who says you are not incredibly beautiful? Those super model whores on TV? Or their retarded boyfriends? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

And there is also inner beauty as well, which you dont lack.

And i think so Sweet P about the girls who like being whislted at. Maybe have low self-esteem, and makes them feel like they matter and are important, though it may be for the wrong reason.

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 13 20:28:36 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kind of related.

Romantic males love to think about sex
By Tim Utton
November 14, 2003

IT'S a conclusion that will confirm what many women have always suspected. Men really do have only one thing on their mind when they fall in love, according to new research.

Scientists say the flush of new romance sparks different feelings in men than it does in women - and in males it automatically triggers sexual thoughts.

In women, however, the response is highly emotional rather than sexual, and driven by the attention lavished on them by their new beau.

Researchers noticed the difference when they compared brain scans of a group of young men and women who had "just fallen madly in love". They were tested with functional magnetic resonance imaging to identify the brain circuitry of romantic love.

Dr Helen Fisher, of Rutgers University in New York, found that feelings of intense romantic love fired up activity in regions of the brain associated with reward and motivation.

This increased levels of a brain chemical called dopamine, which produces feelings of pleasure, elation, energy and motivation to win a reward.

Most of the women showed more activity in parts of the brain associated with reward, emotion and attention.

Most of the men showed more activity in visual processing areas - including one associated with sexual arousal.

Differences may have evolved over millions of years, researchers believe, as part of the elaborate mating process crucial to the success of the human species.

Men maximised their chances of having offspring by having sex with as many partners as possible.

Women, on the other hand, maximised their chances of having surviving offspring by keeping the father around to look after a child in infancy.

Well i can say for me this is complete bullshit. Every single female i have loved, or liked an extremely lot, i have never thought of in that way. Not only do i not want to think of them like that, even if i wanted to i would refuse to cheapen them by thinking of them like that. Those women i have loved I only think of doing things with them, spending time with them and such, but NEVER is the first thing on my mind sex when i think about them. I dont even think about it until, if we start to date, we have been dating for a quite a while.

libra Posted: Thu Nov 13 21:27:54 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think there are good and bad ways to check someone out. Sure, if some guy seems to be paying a little more attention to me and looking at me often, I think that maybe he's interested(or that I have spilled something on myself). And that can be nice. But the gross guys that whistle and look at you like they're undressing you with their eyes...that's what I hate.

SntSaturn Posted: Thu Nov 13 21:54:36 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd have to say that I get very uncomfortable when guys make comments.

addi Posted: Fri Nov 14 07:02:43 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I remember back many years ago I was on my first trip to San Fran and I went to Castro Street (a very gay area there). Strange men were eyeing me, shouting things, and mentally undressing me as I walked. It made me feel very uncomfortable (and angry). I guess if I was a women I wouldn't like it much either.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Nov 14 09:35:29 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>I remember back many years ago I was on my first trip to San Fran and I went to Castro Street (a very gay area there). Strange men were eyeing me, shouting things, and mentally undressing me as I walked. It made me feel very uncomfortable (and angry). I guess if I was a women I wouldn't like it much either.

Yeah, but if you were a woman you would probably be really ugly.

addi Posted: Fri Nov 14 09:54:44 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>
>Yeah, but if you were a woman you would probably be really ugly.

LOL!!
well I might be a little flat chested, but I'd just reek of inner beauty!

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Nov 14 10:26:34 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>
>>Yeah, but if you were a woman you would probably be really ugly.
>
>LOL!!
>well I might be a little flat chested, but I'd just reek of inner beauty!

are you saying that your organs look good ? liver,kidneys and such ?

iggy Posted: Fri Nov 14 11:14:52 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>addison said:
>>I remember back many years ago I was on my first trip to San Fran and I went to Castro Street (a very gay area there). Strange men were eyeing me, shouting things, and mentally undressing me as I walked. It made me feel very uncomfortable (and angry). I guess if I was a women I wouldn't like it much either.
>
>Yeah, but if you were a woman you would probably be really ugly.

i just superimposed addison's head to gynneth paltrow's body. ugly as hell i say

addi Posted: Fri Nov 14 12:11:11 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:

>
>i just superimposed addison's head to gynneth paltrow's body. ugly as hell i say

Woo Woo! I'll be in my room for a couple hours boys.

libra Posted: Fri Nov 14 12:46:20 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>I remember back many years ago I was on my first trip to San Fran and I went to Castro Street (a very gay area there). Strange men were eyeing me, shouting things, and mentally undressing me as I walked. It made me feel very uncomfortable (and angry). I guess if I was a women I wouldn't like it much either.

We drove through the Castro on Tuesday, I like that area. The men dress so well and they're all so cute. Too bad they're all gay.

addi Posted: Fri Nov 14 15:31:41 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>
>We drove through the Castro on Tuesday, I like that area. The men dress so well and they're all so cute. Too bad they're all gay.

this was back in '78. It wasn't a gay yuppified area back then. It was a hard core-don't-bend-over-to-pick-up-a-penny area. They'll still give you the eye there, but it would be done with more class so to speak.

Puck Posted: Sat Jan 3 05:05:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I once tried to find out why we percieve things as beautiful, pleasurable. Why are we happy or sad?
I nearly killed all the feelings that I would ever have.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]