Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

GT House
iggy Posted: Thu Nov 13 20:13:01 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hmm. looking at the GT cafe and thinking about the student housing i stayed in back in Oz made me wonder ... 1) what would your rooms be like [decorations, furniture, music played from radio, what is on your walls and door, dress sense.]
2) what kind of housemate would you be...
3) and what kind of insanity would take place in the house?

anyone moving in?

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 13 20:17:04 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>hmm. looking at the GT cafe and thinking about the student housing i stayed in back in Oz made me wonder ... 1) what would your rooms be like [decorations, furniture, music played from radio, what is on your walls and door, dress sense.]
>2) what kind of housemate would you be...
>3) and what kind of insanity would take place in the house?
>
>anyone moving in?
>

I'll move in. And I call bed :p

iggy Posted: Thu Nov 13 20:21:07 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lol mesh that's fast hahahaha

i'm still thinking what my room will be like hahaha

Kira Posted: Thu Nov 13 21:00:00 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In my room: books, rock station on the radio, drawings and notes all over the walls, and a few dozen little boxes that NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO TOUCH.

What kind of roommate I am: semi-neatfreak, lots of arguments but no grudges.

As for insanity... odd things like making cookies at nine o'clock at night, and ah, studying my own ears. I fall into fits of unimaginable happiness during which I giggle madly for about an hour and love everything. :P

libra Posted: Thu Nov 13 21:00:28 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>hmm. looking at the GT cafe and thinking about the student housing i stayed in back in Oz made me wonder ... 1) what would your rooms be like [decorations, furniture, music played from radio, what is on your walls and door, dress sense.]

My room would be probably somewhat clean. Painted some wild color, with a red cushy chair in the corner, one of those ones that is big enough for two people, or for one person to sit with their back against one arm and their legs over the other. There would be pictures of me and my friends, and, of course, my books. My clothes(mostly from American Eagle) would be strewn about the room.
I'd be the one that is cleaning up after everyone else because I can't stand the mess. I'd be the one you could find sitting in bed late at night reading or sitting at the window looking outside, but always ready to talk to you.
Movie nights where me and a sleep deprived friend watch incredibly random movies and assign your friends to each character in the movie. Games of hide and seek and tag being played around the house, and me making random desserts in the middle of the night.
>
>anyone moving in?

I'm moving in!(but can i have my own room? i can't sleep in a room with other people...especially if they snore.)

iggy Posted: Fri Nov 14 00:47:18 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  laugh everyone will have a room here :)

hi roomies

iggy Posted: Fri Nov 14 00:55:26 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1) what would your rooms be like [decorations, furniture, music played from radio, what is on your walls and door, dress sense.]

erm. i will throw out the bed and install a big ass hammock hehheh. simple bookshelves and closet. table with my imac playing all sorts of music 24/7... thank god for kazaa and netradio haha.

the room will be in this huge mess [from experience] ... in fact it's a disaster zone.

nothing much on the walls except for a rack for all my surfboards.

slacker surfer dude. will be chilling out with roomies. cracking jokes. out for some devilish fun haha.

most likely to be the one that's helping everyone order takeout food and stuff. oh yeah resident movie freak too. [used to go to video EZ twice a week and rent tons of movies haha] handyman too. i love buying stuff from DIY shops. haha.

i'd leave the door open and hang out at the living room sofa chilling out watching telly or rolloing around the hallways hehhehhheh

midnight nekkid runs in winter... pubs and house crawls. beer beer and more beer. panty raids galore!!!!

Dancer Posted: Fri Nov 14 01:01:45 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:

My room (will be quite pinkish), will mostly be filled with cds and movies and books, and my fav. poster on the wall.hopefully i can get it soundproof too.

i'll be the kind who'll automatically stock up on alchohol and cigarettes. And i'll be the one clearing the plates and washing up the dishes after meals. Coz i can't cook for nuts, unless you count oven cooking.

oh.. perhaps surprise attacks on a sleeping roommate and challenges to bed wrestling, and the occasional swopping positions of items in the house to keep us sane..heh hehe

>
>anyone moving in?
>
is it a smoking house?

iggy Posted: Fri Nov 14 01:12:18 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  like i said anything goes :)

anything u want... there are no house rules :) but some respect is needed haha, i won't!

anyway i'm having the loft mwah hahahahahahahahah

sweet p Posted: Fri Nov 14 03:08:47 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well right now my room is pretty fun...I would keep it similar with some minor adjustments...like get rid of the super slanted floors [boooo] and nicer hardwood floors with a rug on top, bigger room, bigger desk, larger shelving unit, etc.

oh, BIG window is preferred.

>1) what would your rooms be like [decorations, furniture, music played from radio, what is on your walls and door, dress sense.]

Right now I've got some escher, and van gogh. A Radiohead poster, my big canadian flag and my little Toronto Maple Leafs flag. I've got photos of my friends and family in a not so organized display. I have a border around my ceiling/wall of green Keiths flags [that I "borrowed" from the local pub] and a nice big chalkboard on one wall to write/doodle on. Nothing really matches...I have blue and black checkered flannel bed covers [mmmmm...I love] and a pale yellow loveseat [taken from a neighbours garbage]. I don't have a real desk chair...I use a comfy cozy easy chair. My nice big stereo system and tons of CD's...but as of late I rely solely on my MP3's...they take up most of my hard drive : )
My shelves are packed with books and books and music magazines, and my extended collection of beer glasses, cool beverage cans, more Maple Leaf parafenilia, spider man stuff, curious george, and my Martin Brodeur bobble head.

I have a drawer set divided for my moods. One for my tools and 'repair' stuff, one for my beads and hemp string and modeling clay, etc. Another for my "important" papers, one for random stuff, another for jewelery and small things, and another for toilettries.

My guitar sits against the wall wherever it feels like going, and I have a big roll of mural paper lying around from Halloween. And my clothes, as much as I try and try and try to put them away, always end up on the couch/floor/bed.

I could likely go on forever about the rest of my million gadgets but I will spare you the boredome...

Depends what kind of housemate YOU'd be. Right now I get on famously with one of my roommates and it's wonderful. The other two are nice girls just different. I love to write little notes and leave them lying around, I keep common areas clean and always wash up after myself but my personal space is mine to do with what I please. I like to pop in and out of their rooms to say something fun. I am considerate but I sing in the shower and in my room so if you don't like that, don't pick a room beside the bathroom or me. My room always smells nice too : )

I watch hockey and am vocal during the game...so you can come sit with me for that. I love playing pranks [but none tooooo mean...just water guns and things...heh]. I like to make up songs and dress up. I chase people with the bugs they want me to kill from their rooms [but I catch them in my hands and threaten with them]. I will join in most fun activities which are offered.

sweet p Posted: Fri Nov 14 03:17:46 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and I evidently do not know how to spell paraphernalia : )
[my sister insisted that I correct it]

libra Posted: Fri Nov 14 03:32:56 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh yea, sweet p reminded me...i need someone to be my official spider-killer. Cause i am soo scared of them, but I can't kill them myself...

dan632 Posted: Fri Nov 14 04:04:07 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm in, i'll take the attic, i'll bring my various amounts of sound-sensitive strobes, black lights, smoke machines, bubble machines and bongs. can't forget my stereo tho, i'll invest in a hot tub too.
my bed will be giant for NE females who want in ;)

oh and if i fall off the roof chances are it was on purpose so don't worry!

NE straight edge fools can stear clear of my over-heated spider infested room!!

i'll be the spider killer libra, don't worry Dan is here!! (back at last)

iggy Posted: Fri Nov 14 04:12:28 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dan632 said:
>i'm in, i'll take the attic, i'll bring my various amounts of sound-sensitive strobes, black lights, smoke machines, bubble machines and bongs. can't forget my stereo tho, i'll invest in a hot tub too.

sweet! haha ant and i will be happy to supply the herbs :)

>
>oh and if i fall off the roof chances are it was on purpose so don't worry!
>

can i join u in stuff like that hahahaha

oh boy oh boy oh boy

[psssssstttt i'm planning a panty raid soon]

dan632 Posted: Fri Nov 14 04:19:37 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>>
>>oh and if i fall off the roof chances are it was on purpose so don't worry!
>>
>
>can i join u in stuff like that hahahaha

yeah if u want, not my bad if u get hurt, or if u float away.

antartica Posted: Fri Nov 14 04:21:12 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'll lay claim on the kitchen first.....!!!

dan632 Posted: Fri Nov 14 04:23:27 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>i'll lay claim on the kitchen first.....!!!
do u have a degree in munchie magic? (curing the munchies)

antartica Posted: Fri Nov 14 05:22:06 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dan632 said:
>antartica said:
>>i'll lay claim on the kitchen first.....!!!
>do u have a degree in munchie magic? (curing the munchies)

heh heh...
i'll let chanz vouch for me

addi Posted: Fri Nov 14 07:49:05 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mara said:

>I'll go off to school each day, with Addi packing my lunch consisting of rollups, nutella and orange juice. I'll get a lil kiss on the forhead and skip to school.

I'd always pack little chocolate donuts too. They're chock full of donutie goodness!

bluellama Posted: Fri Nov 14 09:11:27 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There needs to be a room with nothing but a pool table and a fully stocked mini bar. Black walls and neon carpet.

joy Posted: Fri Nov 14 11:18:45 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hmm ... i'll steal the things i like from my dorm room and my room at home plus extra goodies : P

room: my bed from home (ohh so comfortable) against a wall with the kick ass quilt my mom and i made (don't think patchwork/flowery, think a really cool bedspread), and the body pillow and others to turn it into a couch/bed. i'd have my kurt, nin, and tool posters, plus my teleropa batiks and random pictures haning on the walls - and poetry scrawled on every free inch of the wall (just like my room at home). i'd need to have big windows, or at least a few, and i'd have dark curtains over them so that i can nap when it's sunny out : )

oh, and i can't forget my chairs.

i'd also have my laptop and my speakers (and sub) set up and keep music playing non-stop. i'll take requests (and vetos, if need be).

also: incense or maybe candles burning. got to have a room that smells good : )

what kind of a roommate am i? like someone mentioned earlier, i keep shared areas clean but my room will most likely be messy, with some clothes draped over some of the chairs and random cd's laying around. never too messy that i can't comfortably entertain though.

i cook and i have music playing constantly ... so if you have big noise issues then ... we'll see.

i also compulsively make mixed cd's, so everyone in the house would have at least two or three from me

what kind of craziness? ohh ... drinking games and parties aside ... random cleaning sessions (yes i'm messy but sometimes if someone else cleans it get contagious). there would be rearranging of furniture at 4 in the morning and lots of feigned asskicking : P

libra Posted: Fri Nov 14 12:42:34 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ok, this may be dorky, but as soon as i have time, i'm making our GT house on 'The Sims.'(i haven't played that game in so long, but its so fun!)

FN Posted: Fri Nov 14 12:50:27 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Going to need a lot of money lol

Need the cheats?

libra Posted: Fri Nov 14 13:26:24 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Going to need a lot of money lol
>
>Need the cheats?

oh, i've got them. I wouldn't play the game without them...

Howitzer Posted: Fri Nov 14 15:43:38 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i am not here really that often to get a room. but i think that if i call the couch every now and then that it is not too much to ask, and of course i will raid the fridge before i leave.

Mesh Posted: Fri Nov 14 16:10:11 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my room will be nice and neat. everything in it black or dark blue. Posters of castels in europe on the walls.

I will be fun housemate

baristapro Posted: Fri Nov 14 22:46:31 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nothing but a floor covered with pillows, and very ambient lighting.

iggy Posted: Sat Nov 15 04:27:40 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Howitzer said:
>i am not here really that often to get a room. but i think that if i call the couch every now and then that it is not too much to ask, and of course i will raid the fridge before i leave.

your room will be just one couch and a big ass barcounter full of beer hahaha

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]