Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

For Plonkers Only
addi Posted: Wed Dec 10 08:11:08 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Copied an article I just read on my home page. Why? Because I'm bored at work today. (sorry for the length)

What turns guys on?

Matthew Sakey

It may not be fair, but human beings are primarily visual creatures. We don't have the eyes of eagles, but any dog will tell us that we see better than we smell or hear. A person is able to pick out someone they're attracted to from across the room, long before they have a chance to make a judgment about personality, brains, marital status or any of a million other variables that contribute to attractiveness and availability.
Is it any wonder that looks have become paramount in the selection our future mates and dates? Whether or not it's fair or appropriate, we're going to continue judging one another based on how we look.

Men are a varied group
We're not as individual as snowflakes, but we're certainly not cut from the same mold. Not every man reads Maxim, not every man's opening line is "Nice rack" and not every man's eyes inevitably wander southward during conversations with attractive women.
But because we're a visual species, because we depend on what we see to make a snap judgment about any number of things, physical characteristics are nonetheless critical when we're trying to decide if someone is right for us. Since guys have different tastes, it's hard to say what characteristic is most crucial in determining our level of attraction.

Myself, I value the collarbone very highly, and I recently learned that I'm not alone. If a woman has a shapely collarbone, many men generally find her more attractive. That's not to say I focus on the collarbone while ignoring other potentially shapely regions, but it's certainly the first thing I try to see. And like other characteristics, a comely collarbone isn't a dealbreaker, though the first item of focus tends to be weighted more heavily than others.

A lot of guys I know look at women's eyes. Color, shape, size, spacing. Personally I don't care what a woman's eyes are like, as long as one generally lines up parallel with the other, but many guys place women's eyes on the top of their list of important characteristics.

More traditional characteristics
Women who are reading this, and who are justifiably tired of talking to guys who carry on conversations with their cleavage, might be surprised to learn that a lot of men possibly even the majority don't necessarily value cup-size above all other criteria.
Of course this isn't the case for all men. I know plenty who are only interested in the relative shapeliness of a woman's breasts and really don't bother to pay attention to the rest of the package. It's a disappointing and often offensive trend that's probably not going away anytime soon. For whatever reason, breasts fascinate most of us, and we just can't help but look sometimes. Please bear with us.

A woman's legs, of course, may be the most famous of all desirable characteristics. The old "nice legs" adage is a big deal for men. Again it's not fair, since lots of men out there have legs that would look better on a terrier than a human being, but it's the way things are. Many women, realizing the opportunity to attract, go to considerable effort to highlight their legs. For this you have our eternal gratitude and, perhaps less desirable, our wide and ogling eyes.

It's not all about looks
What you see is what you get when it comes to physical characteristics. Luckily, if a woman has the perfect body but terrible body odor, chances are she's going to get shot down. Just being hot isn't good enough. The same goes for men, and though we tend to be selfishly less concerned with our appearance, women can take solace in the knowledge that as much as men may judge physical characteristics very highly, we understand that women have every right to do the same.
Washboard abs and nice biceps aren't going to save a guy who flunked the second grade nine times. Perhaps the wisest step women could take is to assign as much value to looks as men do thereby making us feel like pieces of meat on display and, more importantly, demanding that we spend an extra fifteen minutes on the treadmill now and then.

Just because I'm attached doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on this.
First of all if a woman has the personality of a moldy rag I don't care how beautiful she is. Inner radiance and intelligence transforms an "average" girl into a knock out.
If I focus on just the physical though I'm definately an abs and eyes guy. Breasts are one of god's better ideas, but I could care less if they're large or tiny. I find that certain smells get to me too. If a woman smells like vanilla I get stupid real quick.

So what does it for you plonkers?
(plinkers start your own damn thread)

socialyD Posted: Wed Dec 10 12:27:57 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I hope plonkers isn't code for men only. If it is I am truly sorry.

But as I girl I can tell you what get me attention. I like an attractive guy but I have no particulars. I usally go for short guys, that aren't to built. But I'll tell you the one thing I do look at on every single guy, shoes. If a guy doesn't have shoes that go with his outfit, I loose intrest. That not say the guy looses all chance I just don't consider presuing him.

Not a necessicty but a definate plus I guy who smells good. I like smells that smell fresh and crisp. I always great if the guys wears the same sent every time. That smell always leaves me looking around for that guy.

Well that my two sense

addi Posted: Wed Dec 10 15:21:22 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  socialyD said:
>I hope plonkers isn't code for men only. If it is I am truly sorry.

Well you should be young lady! My, my, what's this world coming to when a plinker shares her thoughts on a plonkers only thread! lol

Plonkers=males
Plinkers=females
Zonkers=Antartica
Totally Bonkers=hif

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Dec 10 15:56:09 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  from the "totally bonkers" section, i prefer my women to be breathing . . .mostly

Mesh Posted: Wed Dec 10 16:11:02 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  socialyD said:

I usally go for short guys, that aren't to built.

Counts me out right away.

addi Posted: Wed Dec 10 16:46:33 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>socialyD said:
>
> I usally go for short guys, that aren't to built.
>
>
>Counts me out right away.

Be creative, mesh. Stuff a pillow under your shirt and crawl around on your knees. Instant out of shape shorty!

addi Posted: Wed Dec 10 16:47:49 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>from the "totally bonkers" section, i prefer my women to be breathing . . .mostly

LOL! Set the bar low. I like that, hif!

libra Posted: Wed Dec 10 16:52:52 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Since a girl already put her opinion in, i figured i'd add mine. Body type is varying for me, medium height, muscular but not all that much, he can be pretty slender actually...eyes are very important, dark eyes are usually what i'm more attracted to. for some reason, i also like it when a guy has a good jaw line, and hair is less important, but probably another important factor...one think i can't stand: clammy hands...its a total turn off. A good smell is good...a good sense of style...I dont know, i dont have a particular type that i look for, these specifications are taken from the actors/guys i know that i find most attractive...I think mannerisms are what draws me to guys more, the way they act, the way they talk, the things they're interested in, their particular talents...

Asswipe Posted: Wed Dec 10 17:17:17 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  on the type of fem i'm attracted to... the perfect looking girl is rachael leigh cook. petite, cute as all hell, big disney character eyes, and a tight stomach and ass.

give her an attitude where she knows shes got it all figured out a bit more then most(and actually does) and isn't afraid to step on some toes, and i'll marry her.

Aeon Posted: Wed Dec 10 19:16:13 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Since a girl already put her opinion in, i figured i'd add mine. Body type is varying for me, medium height, muscular but not all that much, he can be pretty slender actually...eyes are very important, dark eyes are usually what i'm more attracted to. for some reason, i also like it when a guy has a good jaw line, and hair is less important, but probably another important factor...one think i can't stand: clammy hands...its a total turn off. A good smell is good...a good sense of style...I dont know, i dont have a particular type that i look for, these specifications are taken from the actors/guys i know that i find most attractive...I think mannerisms are what draws me to guys more, the way they act, the way they talk, the things they're interested in, their particular talents...

Um, Libra. I'm your perfect guy. :)

socialyD Posted: Wed Dec 10 19:17:21 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>
>
>Counts me out right away.

Don't get me wrong none of my boyfriends have ever been fat. My current love affiar is a wrestler (ugg)but I have never dated I guy you could ever call scrawny or skinny. And for height none of my boyfriends have ever been over 5'8. I am only 5'3 myself and I have rule about having to strain yourself to kiss someone.

dan632 Posted: Thu Dec 11 02:43:30 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>on the type of fem i'm attracted to... the perfect looking girl is rachael leigh cook. petite, cute as all hell, big disney character eyes, and a tight stomach and ass.
>
>give her an attitude where she knows shes got it all figured out a bit more then most(and actually does) and isn't afraid to step on some toes, and i'll marry her.

**drops jaw, tongue rolls on the floor makes drooling noise like Homer Simpson**

libra Posted: Thu Dec 11 04:12:37 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dan632 said:
>Asswipe said:
>>on the type of fem i'm attracted to... the perfect looking girl is rachael leigh cook. petite, cute as all hell, big disney character eyes, and a tight stomach and ass.
>>
>>give her an attitude where she knows shes got it all figured out a bit more then most(and actually does) and isn't afraid to step on some toes, and i'll marry her.
>
>**drops jaw, tongue rolls on the floor makes drooling noise like Homer Simpson**

seriously? thats what guys are attracted to? i always thought rachel leigh cook was kind of mousey...

dan632 Posted: Thu Dec 11 05:21:08 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  nah coz she is short n cute, i don't know why by i tend to go for girls like that

misszero Posted: Thu Dec 11 08:14:30 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  haha, for plonkers only my foot.

I seem to have two types I go for. Guys I'd take care of, and guys who'd take care of me. After a few years of taking care of people, I find myself lately wanting to be taken care of. I suppose that's the sub in me.

as for appearances, some traits add towards the above 2 impressions, but one I absolutely adore is long, or curly, or scruffy hair. or all three together, hahaha. of course, this isn't something essential, but those seem to be the boys that turn my head. Barefooted ones do it too.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Dec 11 08:21:11 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>dan632 said:
>>Asswipe said:
>>>on the type of fem i'm attracted to... the perfect looking girl is rachael leigh cook. petite, cute as all hell, big disney character eyes, and a tight stomach and ass.
>>>
>>>give her an attitude where she knows shes got it all figured out a bit more then most(and actually does) and isn't afraid to step on some toes, and i'll marry her.
>>
>>**drops jaw, tongue rolls on the floor makes drooling noise like Homer Simpson**
>
>seriously? thats what guys are attracted to? i always thought rachel leigh cook was kind of mousey...

not to worry libra, you are like way hotter than rachel leigh cook.
she might be a cutie, but you are a hottie !

libra Posted: Thu Dec 11 14:01:08 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>haha, for plonkers only my foot.
>
>I seem to have two types I go for. Guys I'd take care of, and guys who'd take care of me. After a few years of taking care of people, I find myself lately wanting to be taken care of. I suppose that's the sub in me.
>
>as for appearances, some traits add towards the above 2 impressions, but one I absolutely adore is long, or curly, or scruffy hair. or all three together, hahaha. of course, this isn't something essential, but those seem to be the boys that turn my head. Barefooted ones do it too.

i like scruffy/ curly hair too, but not too long...

Mesh Posted: Thu Dec 11 14:58:36 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Having not known who Rachel Leigh Cook is, I was FORCED to google her(tehe) and now I can say, she is ok looking. Does look kind of mousie. Shes cute.

Oh and enough with this christmas spirit pictures I am going back to the real meshuggah.

Aeon Posted: Fri Dec 12 23:51:36 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>misszero said:
>>haha, for plonkers only my foot.
>>
>>I seem to have two types I go for. Guys I'd take care of, and guys who'd take care of me. After a few years of taking care of people, I find myself lately wanting to be taken care of. I suppose that's the sub in me.
>>
>>as for appearances, some traits add towards the above 2 impressions, but one I absolutely adore is long, or curly, or scruffy hair. or all three together, hahaha. of course, this isn't something essential, but those seem to be the boys that turn my head. Barefooted ones do it too.
>
>i like scruffy/ curly hair too, but not too long...

THAT'S ME!

misszero Posted: Sat Dec 13 03:53:20 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hehe, and you write poems too. Nice. I must say, you DO address a number of the 'criteria'

libra Posted: Sun Dec 14 22:38:16 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>hehe, and you write poems too. Nice. I must say, you DO address a number of the 'criteria'

he does, doesnt he...

choke Posted: Mon Dec 15 01:37:12 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  plonkers.. plinkers.. am i the only one who hasnt heard of these before? To preferences. I think nazis are georgous. Sure, they suck, but look at them! Haha. I also prefer the other end of the scale. Those beautiful guys you see fuckd up on drugs with dark hair over their childlike faces and big innocent eyes.. I dont think id go for either though. Nope, i think normal would suit me just fine. It might add some balance somewhere :P

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]