Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Chastity Pledges
iggy Posted: Thu Dec 11 03:44:20 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  what do u feel about this on-going thing.

i feel it's stupid. pledges to say u won't have sex before marriage....

in some cultures, losing your virginity is not a bad thing. they make 1)offer u to some diety 2)throw u into a volcano to appease some diety.

bloody stupid i says

bluellama Posted: Thu Dec 11 09:04:19 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Some people just aren't mature enough to have sex until they are married, but that is not the case for most.
I don't think people should hold virginity to such a high status, I mean how different is your first time, compared to your 5th, or 50th? I know it wasn't that different for me.
I am not saying it is okay to just go out and have sex with whoever whenever, it is your body, treat it with respect, and protect your self. But to say you are dirty or disrespectful because you had sex with someone you love, even out of marriage, is ridiculous.
You choose when it is right for you.

One good rule: If you are embarassed to go out and buy condoms, then you really are not prepared to use them.

And as for throwing someone into a volcano....well I reallly can't say. People have radically different cultures...and if that is what you want to do, then so be it :)

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Dec 11 09:40:07 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lets face it, some people SHOULD be thrown into the volcano, and there are others who would have sex with 5 people in 5 days. does this make you a bad person ? i don't think so, but some cultures would.
i personally don't think your sexual habits are a very accurate guage for determining ones self worth. anybody who thinks it's their business who or how many people you sleep with are the ones that should be thrown in the volcano.

addi Posted: Thu Dec 11 11:36:40 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
anybody who thinks it's their business who or how many people you sleep with are the ones that should be thrown in the volcano.

I'm assuming you are including Bill Clinton in that statement as well, or does this apply to everyone except politicians?

double dutch?
No
double fudge delight?
No
double standard?
Yes
: )

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Dec 11 12:37:07 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>ifihadahif said:
> anybody who thinks it's their business who or how many people you sleep with are the ones that should be thrown in the volcano.
>
>I'm assuming you are including Bill Clinton in that statement as well, or does this apply to everyone except politicians?
>
>double dutch?
>No
>double fudge delight?
>No
>double standard?
>Yes
>: )

absolutely not, his affair with monica (who i think is hot), was personal between him and hillary.
lying to a grand jury is a whole other thing. so is using the power of an elected office to gain sexual favors.
then there is the whole disgusting part about her age relative to his age.
again, none of our business really, but that doesn't make it any less disgusting.

socialyD Posted: Thu Dec 11 14:00:51 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am going to go against the grain here.

I think it's admirable. I don't think it's wrong to have sex before marriage, but I also see the reasoning behind waithing. The people who are always encouraging you to wait are people who been there done that so there is abviously some wisdom behind thier words.

I know personally that I partial wish the sometimes I had waited. Remebering how it felt the first time you fall in love with someone how it's that perfect love, that love that has no pain and makes you as high as a kite. If that could have been the person you were going to spend the rest of your life with how wonderful could that be. You would never now (hopefully) the pain of heartbreak you could forever live in that perfect state of bliss.

One of the best couples I know waited. Their family is perfect. To see them together makes you want to puke, seriuosly these people are the Clevers. Every time I meet couples who waited they always seem to be like this. Make you wonder if that's what it's like foe everyone.

However, there is the flip side. Knowing these people makes you realize how sheltered these people really are. They cannot empathize with someone whose had their heartbroken, because they don't know. They never have been with anyone else so how can you know this is the one. But in reality the positive seem to outwieght the negatives. But then agian the grass is always greener on the other side.

marsi Posted: Thu Dec 11 14:05:06 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:

>i feel it's stupid. pledges to say u won't have sex before marriage....

Why does it bother you so much. Is it your new girlfriend who wants to marry you before you have sex with her?
Those beliefs are not a threat to anybody. This is their choice and I think if they believe this is the right thing for them...why not.
For me this kind of decision is not very different than saying:
I am going to run five miles every morning untill I get married or
I am not going to drink any alcohol for the rest of my life or
I am a vegan.

Not that I would do any of the above.

FN Posted: Thu Dec 11 14:17:06 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think it's a great thing to do if you can handle it.

I know I would never be stupid enough to sign such a thing though. And even if I did sign it, what would prevent me from 'breaking' that contract? Also, if I remember correctly, according to Belgian law you can't make any contracts concerning sex.

I think most of them are simply too ugly to be able to have premarital sex untill their mommy decides who they should hook up with.

If they're not ugly as hell I'm fairly certain they're just doing it to get some attention and end up getting laid anyway.

FN Posted: Thu Dec 11 14:22:45 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ah, 1 more thing: you don't buy a car before testdriving it so why would you marry anybody before doing the same?

By the way, I am completly against marriage and am only keeping it in mind for the sake of this conversation.

Mesh Posted: Thu Dec 11 14:51:32 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think its a good thing. Personally I enjoy doing the nasty very much....but I always encourage friends and family and anyone else who hasnt yet to wait.

addi Posted: Thu Dec 11 15:36:42 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>absolutely not, his affair with monica (who i think is hot), was personal between him and hillary.

Just when I think your responses are going to be very predictable you give me this answer. Very unsettling! lol

>lying to a grand jury is a whole other thing. so is using the power of an elected office to gain sexual favors.

Yeah, the deception was bad, however if Starr and company had left his personal business alone and concentrated on alleged illegal activity he would never have had to be in a position to lie in the first place. I can't say for certain that I wouldn't have done the same thing in his place (lied, I mean).

>then there is the whole disgusting part about her age relative to his age.

Feel free to tell me if I'm way out in left field on this, but somehow I imagine that if a good looking sexy younger woman whispered in your ear when you were alone with her, "Would you like to see my thong underwear?" you'd have a "hard" time turning her away. Maybe you have more will power than I give you credit for.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Dec 11 16:12:37 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>absolutely not, his affair with monica (who i think is hot), was personal between him and hillary.
>
>Just when I think your responses are going to be very predictable you give me this answer. Very unsettling! lol
>
>>lying to a grand jury is a whole other thing. so is using the power of an elected office to gain sexual favors.
>
>Yeah, the deception was bad, however if Starr and company had left his personal business alone and concentrated on alleged illegal activity he would never have had to be in a position to lie in the first place. I can't say for certain that I wouldn't have done the same thing in his place (lied, I mean).
>
>>then there is the whole disgusting part about her age relative to his age.
>
>Feel free to tell me if I'm way out in left field on this, but somehow I imagine that if a good looking sexy younger woman whispered in your ear when you were alone with her, "Would you like to see my thong underwear?" you'd have a "hard" time turning her away. Maybe you have more will power than I give you credit for.

if i were the leader of the free world, i would have to question her motives.
had this not been made public, the security ramifications could have been disastrous. based on his past, one has to wonder whether or not a security breach didn't occurr anyway. one has to presume that all of his dallyings were not caught. and how often was he thinking with his dick instead of his brains ?

socialyD Posted: Thu Dec 11 16:52:06 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  

>
>Yeah, the deception was bad, however if Starr and company had left his personal business alone and concentrated on alleged illegal activity he would never have had to be in a position to lie in the first place. I can't say for certain that I wouldn't have done the same thing in his place (lied, I mean).
>
The illegal activity was not the sexual act. It was the act of perjury that came close to removing him form office. Perjury is a seriuos crime her in the US people have lost their jobs and lifestyles for being convicted of perjury. I do not think that a democratic leader is in any way above the laws of this land. He should have been removed from office.

I know everyone says that if I had been question about my sexual past or deviances I would lie too. But the reality is most of us our never asked to reveal this information in court. The court system requires honesty. 'Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.'

Asswipe Posted: Thu Dec 11 18:23:48 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>if i were the leader of the free world, i would have to question her motives.
>had this not been made public, the security ramifications could have been disastrous. based on his past, one has to wonder whether or not a security breach didn't occurr anyway. one has to presume that all of his dallyings were not caught. and how often was he thinking with his dick instead of his brains ?

are you presuming some sort of james bond type plot where the fat intern seduces the pres. in order to gain secret information on some "dooms day device" or something? cause i never thought about it that way

Asswipe Posted: Thu Dec 11 18:32:57 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  on the original issue... sex is fun, and honestly, doesn't mean that much to me. I say, fuck as many girls as you want and protect the goods in the process.

as for people who want to wait until marriage... ummm, maybe i'm generalizing but i'd call 'em stupid as i would any other religious fanatic who takes all the bible shit literally. i'd also tell them to get out of fairytale land. there's no prince charming coming to whisk you off to a magical kingdom where you'll live happily ever after w/ enchanted broom sticks and such.

SntSaturn Posted: Thu Dec 11 19:17:45 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  

I like the idea of waiting until marriage, realistically I know this won't happen. But, it's nice to think that the man I would end up marrying wouldn't know any better than me. I'd have

Sex does mean a lot to me. I won't have it with someone I don't love, or with someone who doesn't love me back.

SntSaturn Posted: Thu Dec 11 19:19:24 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  SntSaturn said:
>
>I like the idea of waiting until marriage, realistically I know this won't happen. But, it's nice to think that the man I would end up marrying wouldn't know any better than me. I'd have

whoops, forgot to finish my thought. I'd have the peace of mind knowing I was the best he'd ever had, and vice versa.

libra Posted: Thu Dec 11 21:46:05 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think everyone has the right to choose the way they wish to go. I'm still a virgin, but I don't see myself specifically waiting till marriage. I wouldn't ever have sex casually, its not like that to me, but I dont think that waiting till marriage is anything better or worse than not waiting. I have friends who are waiting till marriage, and I don't think they can even explain why they're waiting, while i want to keep things open, why make some sort of promise now if i don't know what might come later on, or who will appear in my life or how i might feel about someone. As long as you're responsible, i see nothing wrong with sex before marriage...

iggy Posted: Thu Dec 11 21:47:54 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsi said:
>chanz said:
>
>>i feel it's stupid. pledges to say u won't have sex before marriage....
>
>Why does it bother you so much. Is it your new girlfriend who wants to marry you before you have sex with her

lol. nothing of that sort i can tell you.

ok maybe i was frustrated at this article i read about the chastity pledges.

in this article, the people interviewed proclaims that this is the way to go and say that pre-marital sex is immoral and if you have premarital sex, your character is flawed. and they bring about homosexuality and premarital sex as the worst of all sins.
thus, they as pledges are pure.

i'm trying to find an online version of the article and show u the condensending tone they used.

the thing is, what is the definition of a virgin?

if one breaks the hymen then you are not a virgin? if u go through the act of penetrative sex then you aren't a virgin?

technically speaking (this is going to be crude but it's true), a person can go through anal sex and he/she will still be technically a virgin.

these people (agreeing with christophe here) is just seeking attention somewhat by going through such ceremony to show how pure their characters are.

iggy Posted: Thu Dec 11 22:18:30 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ok there you go....

Be chaste, or be chastised
A drive by a Christian-based group to promote virginity disturbs me because of how it is using morality and religion to warn the young against sex

By Karl Ho

STRAIGHT TALK

SINGAPOREANS are an immoral lot.

That seems to be the implied message of a pro-virginity drive initiated by Focus On The Family Singapore (FOTF), a Christian charity organisation.

The group, which is affiliated to a worldwide United States-based movement of the same name, seeks to strengthen family values here.

Its sexual abstinence programme is titled No Apologies, and it has convinced about 7,200 teens and young adults to pledge to remain virgins and 'save themselves for marriage'.

Under the programme, which comes with workshops on sex and relationships, these non-apologetic virgins sign abstinence pledge cards, which they can keep in their wallets presumably in place of condoms.

Whenever temptation rears its wanton head, they can pull the cards out to remind themselves of their vows of chastity.

All this is fine with me. I applaud any attempt to inform our young how to say 'no' to sex, especially if they are not ready.

What disturbs me is the holier-than-thou tone the group adopts in spreading the message.

In a Nov 23 report, vice president for programmes Joanna Koh-Hoe, 29, was quoted as saying: 'Our message is this: If I have pre-marital sex, I am not a person of good character. In fact, any sex outside of marriage is immoral whatever the age of the person.'

I don't know about you, but to me, such a mindset reeks of moral segregation.

When I approached Mrs Koh-Hoe for this column, she took pains to explain that her group is not condemning or judging people who have pre-marital sex.

'It's not just a moral issue, but a health/relationship/emotional issue,' she said.

'Nonetheless, you need to have good character to abstain from pre-marital sex. Aspects of good character include self-control, a sense of responsibility and honesty.

'You need to have such characteristic traits, too, if you want to overcome other things, like overeating or the urge to slap someone when you're angry.'

She added that her group also welcomes 'secondary virgins', young people who have 'blown it and want to start all over again'.

'In our workshops, we tell everyone they are of good character, capable of making good decisions.'

'Blown it'? 'Good character'? Aren't these value-laden terms a reflection of the same patronising view that virgins are good people and non-virgins bad?

While older folks might seethe at such highfalutin ideals, but know better than to take them too seriously, what about teenagers who are already confused enough as it is trying to grapple with their raging hormones?

Instead of relying on education to drive home the point on how they should be careful when it comes to sex, why is the group scaring them with this morality-sex argument?

I HAVE other concerns regarding the No Apologies programme.

What is its definition of virginity?

Mrs Koh-Hoe said it defines virginity as 'purity, be it physically, emotionally, ethically, intellectually or socially'.

'We leave the teenagers to draw their own lines, to decide for themselves where sexual arousal begins.'

So let's take former American president Bill Clinton's definition.

He got away with his 'no, I did not have sex with that woman' spin by insisting that Monica Lewinsky only engaged in oral sex with him.

So, if a teenage couple does everything else except have sexual intercourse, would the group still consider them virgins, and therefore of good character?

If virginity, and good character, are defined by the lack of sexual intercourse, is the teenager who goes into online chatrooms to seek partners for heavy petting more morally upright than a couple in their 30s who have been seeing each other for a long time and have sex with only each other?

Then, like any lawyer who knows how to work evidence to his advantage, the FOTF overemphasises the unreliability of condoms to argue that abstinence is the best contraception.

While I agree that condoms are not 100 per cent foolproof, won't it be more responsible of them to give an objective picture? That is, that contraception can and does work if used properly?

Won't our young then be able to make more well-informed decisions? Won't an incomplete understanding get them into bigger trouble?

Finally, what alarms me is how a religious-based group is seeking to dictate the collective morals and mindset of a secular, pluralistic society.

The group has insisted that it is not proselytising, but there are clear Biblical undertones in its linking of morality and sex.

A booklet on homosexuality which it distributes, for instance, has phrases like 'God clearly condemns any act of sex outside of heterosexual marriage.'

Discussing social issues through the lens of one religion can't be good in a multi-racial, multi-religious society. Not to mention how alienating it is for the less religious among us.

YES, we live in sexually permissive times. The young are frighteningly more savvy yet cavalier about sex.

A survey of 350 Nanyang Technological University students showed that about one in six had pre-marital sex.

Of them, only slightly more than a third use protection all the time. Half of them think that sexually transmitted diseases do not pose a risk.

Yes, there is a lot more that can be done to guide and protect them from sexual diseases and even sex crimes.

Against such a backdrop, shouldn't those in a position of power and influence adopt a more pragmatic approach when dealing with the young and sex, instead of a message that harps on morality and, worse, appears to be based on one religion?

What about this tagline: 'Abstinence is good and you don't have to have sex to be cool'?

Beyond taglines, arm them with all the necessary knowledge about sex and birth-control so that if they really decide to do it, at least they can do so safely and responsibly.

But Mrs Koh-Hoe said that providing more comprehensive information about contraceptives will dilute the group's message of chastity.

As she told me: 'If you're an Olympics coach, surely you'll tell your athlete to go for gold rather than bronze? How will it sound if we say, 'yes, abstain, but there're condoms if you really can't?' '

The group has also maintained that the young are smart enough to make their own decisions.

If that is really so, then give them an objective picture on sex, and spare the rest of 'unchaste' Singaporeans the high-handed moralising.

iggy Posted: Thu Dec 11 22:48:39 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  FEB 17
The big deal about chastity

Karl Ho

It's strange to insist on virgin brides when there is no guarantee of matrimonial bliss whether a girl is a virgin or not

IF YOU, like me, think that virginity as a virtue in the 21st century is overrated, wait till you get a whiff of this.

The middle-aged mother of a friend's friend was lamenting to her friends last week that her only son was seeing a non-virgin.

'I nearly had a heart attack when he told me he was quite serious about marrying her,' said the English-educated housewife, whom my acquaintances had previously admired for her open-mindedness.

'I'm sure there are other good girls who haven't had sex before.'

If I had been there during her outburst, I would have replied sarcastically: 'Why worry? If he can't find one here, he can always follow the lead of many Singaporean men who travel to Vietnam and China in search of virgin brides.'

When I heard about the incident, my mind travelled back to medieval times, when a woman's chastity was prized above all else and even put to the test on her wedding night.

She would be deemed okay if she stained the bedsheet a deep red because the blood signified that she was pure and undefiled.

If, for whatever reason, she did not bleed, she would be shamed, put away, and in some cultures, stoned to death.

Thankfully, such barbaric practices are unthinkable today, not to mention unreliable, given modern technology.

Hymens which have been broken can be surgically reconstructed these days, allowing prostitutes, rape victims and women who had theirs torn in the course of vigorous sports to be 'restored'.

But my question is: Why should they feel any less whole to begin with?

Doesn't it arise from the fact that, to some extent, society still places a premium on a woman's virginity?

Men, on the other hand, are not similarly strictured.

In fact, in some societies today, the male can still get away with being polygamous and promiscuous, both before and after marriage.

So why the double standard? Shouldn't the insistence on abstinence apply to both genders?

Why should the man stand to gain from the onerous burden imposed upon the woman?

As a Christian, I was brought up to believe that pre-marital sex is a sin. The theological basis is that one's body is the temple of God. Hence, it should not be tainted by any immorality - sexual or otherwise.

Apart from that, there are other practical reasons why sex should wait till two people are joined in matrimony.

From the perspective of health, marriage between two people who have not had sex before means a disease-free relationship.

More importantly, virginity signifies the start of an equal partnership where both parties can learn about sex together, and grow as one in intimate matters.

But, alas, can such ideals survive the times we live in, where teenage sexual experimentation is more the norm than the exception? You could view this either as a loosening of morals or, conversely, a sign of increasing openness. Blame it on the mass media, literature, films and music, if you must, for propagating the notion that having sex is as commonplace as taking a shower.

To borrow from the song: Birds do it, bees do it and even educated fleas do it.

The way I see it, there's nothing to shout about if you've done it before marriage. Neither is there anything to be ashamed of if you haven't.

There's no need to make a big deal out of virginity.

As a wise woman said to me: 'Lose it when you feel the time is right, not before or after. It is precious and special, but it's not the Holy Grail.'

I couldn't have said it better.

So, good luck for those who insist on going on their quest for virgin brides. Just remember, marrying a virgin is no guarantee of matrimonial bliss.

It isn't, it wasn't and it ain't never gonna be.

dan632 Posted: Fri Dec 12 00:43:01 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>
>in this article, the people interviewed proclaims that this is the way to go and say that pre-marital sex is immoral and if you have premarital sex, your character is flawed. and they bring about homosexuality and premarital sex as the worst of all sins.

i read somewhere that homosexuality doesn't appear once in the bible, i have never bothered to check it but i believe it to be true as the degrading tone many people put on it was an invention of us, not jesus.

>thus, they as pledges are pure.

the pledges are upity fuckwits who fell into the pledge by default-they couldn't get any so it could be easy for them.

>
>i'm trying to find an online version of the article and show u the condensending tone they used.
>
>the thing is, what is the definition of a virgin?
>
>if one breaks the hymen then you are not a virgin? if u go through the act of penetrative sex then you aren't a virgin?
>
>technically speaking (this is going to be crude but it's true), a person can go through anal sex and he/she will still be technically a virgin.

i remember in Chasing Amy there was a whole scene on this, where they were sitting on the swings in the park.

Asswipe Posted: Fri Dec 12 01:58:09 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dan632 said:
>chanz said:
>>
>>in this article, the people interviewed proclaims that this is the way to go and say that pre-marital sex is immoral and if you have premarital sex, your character is flawed. and they bring about homosexuality and premarital sex as the worst of all sins.
>
>i read somewhere that homosexuality doesn't appear once in the bible, i have never bothered to check it but i believe it to be true as the degrading tone many people put on it was an invention of us, not jesus.

the city of Sodom (where sodomy comes from) is a city full of gay people that God brings his fiery wrath down on because they are all gay. He saves the only non-gay family in it.

webmaster Posted: Fri Dec 12 03:03:35 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dan632 said:
>chanz said:
>
>i read somewhere that homosexuality doesn't appear once in the bible, i have never bothered to check it but i believe it to be true as the degrading tone many people put on it was an invention of us, not jesus.

That was what I read too, but yes, the Bible does talk about homosexuality.

http://www.endtimeprophecy.org/VerseLists/verse138.html

iggy Posted: Fri Dec 12 03:54:40 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  it's strange that king james (the man that commisioned the kings james version bible) court indulged themselves in homosexual activities. even king james himself. i read it somewhere.

anyways, in ancient civilisations, homosexuality, incest and the works were a norm. even regarded as a status symbol.

FN Posted: Fri Dec 12 06:32:32 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I too think virginity/chastity is overrated.

If I'd have to wait to get married I'd never have sex since I don't plan on getting married anyway.

If you're ready for it and you can get some why not?

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I feel like most people don't care about any type of violence on tv, or even snuff movies, which is absolutely fine ofcourse, the more violence on tv the better ;o) but once they see a nipple they freak out.

Has it ever accured to them that sex is one of the most intense drives of any animal, including man.

I think people should grow up, by which I don't mean that you're automaticly grown up once you had sex though

addi Posted: Fri Dec 12 07:16:25 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There are SO many factors that come into play here that need to be considered. First of all a good dose of common sense never hurts. If you go around humping everything in sight it's gonna catch up with you sooner or later. Chastity has very little to do with my definition of purity. Someone can choose to have sex before marriage and have a "pure" heart. On the contrary, someone can remain chaste and have a "black" heart full of bitterness, envy, pettiness, selfishness, etc.
Women, in general, also view the sexual act different than men (notice I said in general). In my many years of observing differences between the 2 sexes one that I've noticed is that most, not all, woman attach a greater significance to the act than men do. A man can separate the sexual act from strong emotional ties. Wham, Bam, Thank you, Ma'am, and they move on. For most women there is a strong emotional bond that comes along with doing the wild thing with a guy. It's not merely a sexual act for them the way it can be for men. Many tears have been shed by women who don't recognise that about men.
I was a virgin untill I was 24, and it was with my future wife. We had dated a full year before Mr. Weiner was introduced to Ms. Bun. I had opportunities before that with various women, but something always held me back from going all the way (most likey guilt). Maybe it was because I knew I didn't really love them. That fact however did not make me any more special or pure than a dating couple that decided they wanted to do it. It boils down to a matter of personal choice in the end. No matter what side of the fence you fall on lording your opinion over the other side is uncalled for.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Dec 12 07:37:09 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  "lording" - now there's and odd word don't you think ?

addi Posted: Fri Dec 12 07:57:16 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>"lording" - now there's and odd word don't you think ?

Not enough coffee this morning. I don't get it.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Dec 12 08:59:05 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>"lording" - now there's and odd word don't you think ?
>
>Not enough coffee this morning. I don't get it.

nothing really to get, still haven't had my coffee when i posted it.
now that i've had my coffee, i don't get it either.
sometimes you see or use a word and it just seems odd i suppose.
no sleep last night either.

socialyD Posted: Fri Dec 12 14:31:06 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
> I had opportunities before that with various women, but something always held me back from going all the way (most likey guilt). Maybe it was because I knew I didn't really love them.

A very honorable action. I think women would do better to find men like you Addison. If men would accept and acknowledge (most) women see sex differetly than men and realized that feelings might be hurt, and didn't just sleep with her to get some. I think the majority of girls I know wouldn't hate every man in their path.

FN Posted: Fri Dec 12 15:48:30 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I didn't say you should get some when you can if somebody gets hurt by it.

I'm saying, even if you're not in a relationship,when both partners are willing, why not?

Asswipe Posted: Fri Dec 12 16:18:06 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  socialyD said:
>addison said:
>> I had opportunities before that with various women, but something always held me back from going all the way (most likey guilt). Maybe it was because I knew I didn't really love them.
>
>A very honorable action. I think women would do better to find men like you Addison. If men would accept and acknowledge (most) women see sex differetly than men and realized that feelings might be hurt, and didn't just sleep with her to get some. I think the majority of girls I know wouldn't hate every man in their path.
>

...'cause the female gender is certainly flawless and w/ out it's complete headcases. I'm at college right now and lemme tell you... most of the girls here are just as bad as the guys when it comes to getting some.

Yes, most women would "do better to find someone like you addison" but it has nothing to do w/ his stance on sex, addi's just the man. SEX IS JUST FUCKING SEX. JUst to knock you some more, for those dumb girls out there who believe sex is some sort of magical act, grow the fuck up, girls should realize guys enjoy sex and should not believe sex = love.

are you actually telling the truth here or are you knowingly or unknowingly playing devils advocate? cause there's no way in fuck "the majority of girls I know... hate every man in their path."

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Dec 12 16:21:38 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the first time i had sex, i was scared to death !
of course it was probably because i was all alone . . . .

addi Posted: Fri Dec 12 16:46:30 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>the first time i had sex, i was scared to death !
>of course it was probably because i was all alone . . . .

LOL! We need to start a whole nuther thread on that topic. I remember being about 12 and thinking, "What the HELL just happened?!"

addi Posted: Fri Dec 12 17:05:33 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:

>Yes, most women would "do better to find someone like you addison" but it has nothing to do w/ his stance on sex, addi's just the man.

I've read this twice now and I still can't figure out if it was a slam on me. I guess I should be happy you didn't write, "addi's just the woman".

yeah, I think your partners feelings should always come into play. You need to do right by them (males AND females), but I'm no role model for good behavior. Just read "My Favorite Things" song parody. Sometimes I have naughty thoughts.

antartica Posted: Fri Dec 12 17:07:42 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  all i can say is that we're all consenting adults and we have to be responsible for our actions. if we wanna go "commando" (ie without protection) we have to be ready to bear any consequences... be it babies galore or any diseases...

then again. . . what about the double standards that society has set? a woman no matter her age is expected to be a virgin bride, whereas the dude doesn't have to be.... HELLO!!!!! get real people...

Asswipe Posted: Fri Dec 12 17:22:08 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>all i can say is that we're all consenting adults and we have to be responsible for our actions. if we wanna go "commando" (ie without protection) we have to be ready to bear any consequences... be it babies galore or any diseases...
>
>then again. . . what about the double standards that society has set? a woman no matter her age is expected to be a virgin bride, whereas the dude doesn't have to be.... HELLO!!!!! get real people...

the hell are you talking about? the average age girls have sex is only a year or 2 after guys. it may have been the case in the days when addison and ifihadahif could still get hard but those days are long gone.

socialyD Posted: Fri Dec 12 17:55:48 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I will conceed that hating all men is an extreme. But the reality is every girl I know has a story where they thought they had a relationship with someone and found out that this person did not think the same thing; as she found out he was sleeping with 12 other girls. Every single girl I know has a story along those lines, and every single girl has a different way of dealing with it (aka becomeing a player).

I was praising Addison for his abnormal concideration for the female apparent stupidity in equalitating love and sex. Men expect woman to understand that sex does not equal love and go about life assuming this postion. Addison's postion said to me that instead of expecting woman to go aginast their very nature (being emotional beings)he accepted thier 'flaw' and kept that in concideration when dealing with the opposite sex.

Now if you think I may be a little overboard with the fact that we should accept ones nature, lets look at our own conversations; over and over agian it is repeated that men will look. Why do they do this; well because they are visual beings. See, women are just expected that they except men's behavioral natures but men cannot be expected to acept woman's behavior.

As far as nutcases go. I think that because I base most of my descions emtionally, which is 90% of the time not rational, for a male who usuaslly is devoid of emotion this seems crazy.

Understand that their are always exceptions to every norm. I know their are woman and men out there that do not fit the personality traits I am describing.

addi Posted: Fri Dec 12 19:47:43 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  socialyD said
I was praising Addison for his abnormal concideration for the female apparent stupidity in equalitating love and sex.

Asswipe said
it may have been the case in the days when addison and ifihadahif could still get hard but those days are long gone

That's real sweet. socialy D says I'm "abnormal" and then asswipe says I can't get it up anymore. You two really know how to lift a guys spirits.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Dec 12 20:07:33 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>socialyD said
>I was praising Addison for his abnormal concideration for the female apparent stupidity in equalitating love and sex.

addies consideration for his partners is most definitely not abnormal, at least not where i come from.
>
>Asswipe said
>it may have been the case in the days when addison and ifihadahif could still get hard but those days are long gone

hey ! i can still get it up real good . . . . . .just gimme a minute . . . .and a magazine. . . .
>
>That's real sweet. socialy D says I'm "abnormal" and then asswipe says I can't get it up anymore. You two really know how to lift a guys spirits.
>

Mesh Posted: Sat Dec 13 01:05:40 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>hey ! i can still get it up real good . . . . . .just gimme a minute . . . .and a magazine. . . .

And a couple bottles of viagra.......

addi Posted: Sat Dec 13 07:27:36 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>hey ! i can still get it up real good . . . . . .just gimme a minute . . . .and a magazine. . . .

I thought that poster you have of Libra on your bedroom ceiling did the trick hif. (BTW Funny Tune!)

*Money making idea for Jason and GT.
Have calendars made up for purchase here. Title it, "The Girls (plinkers) of GT". Every month would feature a new GT girl scantilly clad typing at her computer. I know several plonkers here that would buy them.

libra Posted: Sat Dec 13 17:05:20 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>hey ! i can still get it up real good . . . . . .just gimme a minute . . . .and a magazine. . . .
>
>I thought that poster you have of Libra on your bedroom ceiling did the trick hif. (BTW Funny Tune!)
>
>*Money making idea for Jason and GT.
>Have calendars made up for purchase here. Title it, "The Girls (plinkers) of GT". Every month would feature a new GT girl scantilly clad typing at her computer. I know several plonkers here that would buy them.

i refuse to do that!

addi Posted: Sat Dec 13 18:54:25 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>
>i refuse to do that!

Okay, Sheesh! Fully clad covered from toe to head so you can't even tell if it's really hif in drag!

libra Posted: Sat Dec 13 19:42:38 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>libra said:
>
>
>>
>>i refuse to do that!
>
>Okay, Sheesh! Fully clad covered from toe to head so you can't even tell if it's really hif in drag!

actually, i am in a calendar...my aunt goes to kinkos every year and gets calendars made with pictures of me and my cousins. So you're too late addi, it's already happened...

FN Posted: Sun Dec 14 07:01:23 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kinky aunt.

libra Posted: Sun Dec 14 15:08:17 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Kinky aunt.

hahaha. no. she gives them to all our relatives for christmas...its a little cheesy, but oh well, it makes everyone happy to have july be a picture of me and my brother in hawaii and october a picture of me and my cousin at my grandma's house...

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]