Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Robbed at gunpoint in L.A
Kira Posted: Tue Dec 16 01:07:19 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No, it's not a regular occurance. We don't run out and get robbed every day. That'd be wacky.

I've always understood that L.A. has a high crime rate--ike any big city.

It's always a risk to venture into unfamiliar territory. People learn to recognize out-of-towners, if that's who they're after--and any thief worth beans is going to know that tourists carry more money than locals.

I guess your friend was never robbed in his homeland--but how many tourists were robbed/assaulted in your country this past year?

Hope I don't sound snappish--I make no excuses for America's crime rates. The twats on top keep making all the same mistakes over and over again.

choke Posted: Tue Dec 16 01:18:50 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It depends where you get your information from. I live in NZ and although it is a peaceful country as a whole, when you live there and know the right people you hear about what goes on beneath that clean image. A lady was walking through my school and attacked by kids.. a few days later she died of a brain heamorrhage. These kids were my age. They killed a grown woman through a routine 'bash' that they wouldve given anyone walking through at a time when they felt violent. Other incidents have occured where they have murdered a pizza deliveryboy for his money, murdered a truck driver for a ride.. It's disgusting but it happens everywhere, it just depends on how well it's covered up.

addi Posted: Tue Dec 16 07:15:40 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  By Gail Russell Chaddock | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

WASHINGTON – More than 5.6 million Americans are in prison or have served time there, according to a new report by the Justice Department released Sunday. That's 1 in 37 adults living in the United States, the highest incarceration level in the world.

Guessed we missed a few in LA. I'll notify Charleton Heston right away and he'll get his boys on it.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Dec 16 08:51:49 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mara said:
>My close friend David is having a 7 week holiday in California. Last week he was robbed at gunpoint by a black man whilst he was out with his brother Peter and some American friends.
>
>What I am saying is, he and his family have lived in Australia all their lives and never have once encountered this kind of thing, yet in his first week in America this happens.
>
>Some of us say, we are the lucky country. After hearing this we are. What kind of place do you people live in, this shcoked me, is this a regular occurance?

i have lived in this country for 48 years and have never been robbed at gunpoint, but it happens. It happens in Australia, Canada, Belgium, and every country on the planet. We did not invent this crime. It's tragic, but as posted above, these types of criminals look for tourists, because they are the easiest prey.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Dec 16 08:54:20 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>By Gail Russell Chaddock | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor
>
>WASHINGTON – More than 5.6 million Americans are in prison or have served time there, according to a new report by the Justice Department released Sunday. That's 1 in 37 adults living in the United States, the highest incarceration level in the world.
>
maybe our high incarceration rate is because we catch more of the criminals than other countries ?
maybe if we killed more of them, our incarceration rate would go down.

bluellama Posted: Tue Dec 16 09:00:27 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>maybe if we killed more of them, our incarceration rate would go down.

haha!

addi Posted: Tue Dec 16 09:45:02 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>>
>maybe our high incarceration rate is because we catch more of the criminals than other countries ?

Maybe if we quit throwing minor drug violaters in jail (pot use) we could save billions of dollars to use towards buying bigger guns for our policemen so they could shoot the real criminals.

novemberrain Posted: Tue Dec 16 11:16:31 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I believe a lot of Americans think 'That kind of thing is always happening to someone else.' The problem is that we all are 'someone else' to everybody else. I know I have thought it.

The crime rate also depends on where in the country you are. Mara, whereabouts in California was your friend?

libra Posted: Tue Dec 16 11:47:34 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LA can be really dangerous. Especially certain areas. I wouldn't hang around long there if you paid me. Being in the wrong area, doing the wrong thing can get you in big trouble. And, since they weren't from the area, they wouldn't know. I'm sorry this had to happen to your friend though.

The crime rates are higher in America that Australia and probably many other countries, and figuring out why is difficult. Nothing like that has ever happened to me though, and I've been to LA many times. (I live about six hours north in a relatively safe area full of hippies and wanna be yuppies that is pretty liberal and laid back. We don't get too much crime, but we do get some.)

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Dec 16 11:52:48 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
> (I live about six hours north in a relatively safe area full of hippies and wanna be yuppies that is pretty liberal and laid back. We don't get too much crime, but we do get some.)

more correctly put would be that you don't get too much violent crime. i would bet the amount of white collar crime in your area would surprise you.

libra Posted: Tue Dec 16 12:16:41 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>libra said:
>> (I live about six hours north in a relatively safe area full of hippies and wanna be yuppies that is pretty liberal and laid back. We don't get too much crime, but we do get some.)
>
>more correctly put would be that you don't get too much violent crime. i would bet the amount of white collar crime in your area would surprise you.

un uh, i wouldn't be surprised at all. violent crime is what i meant. the crime and injustice that happens within even the SCHOOL system (my friend's dad is on the school board, so i hear all this stuff) is enough to make me puke. All the little yuppie parents trying to buy their children out of expellations...

Kira Posted: Tue Dec 16 13:18:21 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>
>
>Maybe if we quit throwing minor drug violaters in jail (pot use) we could save billions of dollars to use towards buying bigger guns for our policemen so they could shoot the real criminals.

Word!

Malik Posted: Tue Dec 16 14:10:55 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>I live about six hours north in a relatively safe area full of hippies and wanna be yuppies

Hehe, just that sentence made my day.

But anyways, I live in a perfectly safe suburban commuity where no one does drugs, and there are no crimes, and everyone keeps their doors unlocked, and no one is poor (or god forbid, homeless!), and the neighbors all know each other and wave in the morning while getting their papers, and the only news to report is the elemantary schoolkids winning the local spelling bee....
Or that's how everyone wants to believe. Small towns are not perfect or anything, despite what they might portray with their identical houses with a square foot of grass for a backward.

Hey, that reminds me of the X-Files with the gated community with the monster that came if you didn't have everything in order by nightfall.

addi Posted: Wed Dec 17 07:17:24 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:

>
>Word!

Word up!

Word up everybody says
When you hear the call you´ve got to get it underway
Word up it´s the code word
No matter where you say it you know that you´ll be heard
(Cameo)

mat_j Posted: Thu Dec 18 21:05:52 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  

>
>Maybe if we quit throwing minor drug violaters in jail (pot use) we could save billions of dollars to use towards buying bigger guns for our policemen so they could shoot the real criminals.

What Addi said, it's happened here in the Uk and the moral collapse of society is yet to hit

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]