Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Attention Hif.
misszero Posted: Wed Dec 17 10:11:11 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey hif, you'd remember the incident at Kent State U, yeah?

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Dec 17 10:33:00 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, I wasn't very politically aware at the time, but I do remember it.

misszero Posted: Wed Dec 17 10:43:34 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  do you remember you're reaction to it at all? or a reaction you have now when reminded?

addi Posted: Wed Dec 17 10:52:44 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Tin soldiers and Nixon's coming
We're finally on our own
This summer I hear the drumming
Four dead in Ohio

Gonna get down to it soldiers are cutting us down
Should have been down long ago
What if you knew her and found her dead on the ground
How can you run when you know.

Ohio, Crosby, Stills, and Nash

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Dec 17 10:56:14 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>do you remember you're reaction to it at all? or a reaction you have now when reminded?

Only that it was a great tragedy. Definitely a mistake on our government's part.
At that time, our society was in the midst of a great upheaval.
The battle for civil rights was coming to a head, and the battle for women's rights was just getting started. Also the anti-war movment was at it's height.
Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy were barely in their graves and the Beatles had just broken up. No matter what segment of society you travelled in, there was turmoil.
Mostly I remember that Neil Young wrote a great song about it.
Ever heard the song "Ohio" ?

misszero Posted: Wed Dec 17 11:21:18 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  a million times :)

my new obsession is neil young. its what prompted me to look further into kent state.
addi, do you have more to add?

addi Posted: Wed Dec 17 11:44:12 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:

>my new obsession is neil young.

On my all time favorites list. I play some of his songs on my guitar for therapy. If it's still in print "Decade" is a great CD to own.

>addi, do you have more to add?

Not really. Hif did a good job of describing the mood of the country. I was 14 at the time and didn't fully grasp the significance of the event untill later in life. Was a little too focused on myself, girls, and tight bellbottom jeans.

misszero Posted: Wed Dec 17 11:47:03 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  33 years later, and teenages are still concerned with tight bellbottom jeans... well, when I say teenagers, I mean me.

I was born way too late.

and I apologise if I was too familiar what with the nicknames. Its how I'm used to seeing your names in threads

Archangel Posted: Wed Dec 17 15:33:14 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My Dad was at Akron U. (next door) and had friends involved, he said even on his campus things were crazy.

I remember hearing that the first shoot went through a stop sign and ballistics show it coming from the Nat'l Guard side.

That's about it for me.

Ben

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]