Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Ahhhh to be out of High School
socialyD Posted: Tue Dec 30 19:18:44 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I thought I would just share this wonderful revelation with everyone. There is not enough money in the world to get me back in High School.

My sister, who is much to her horrifying disgrace, is a sophmore. She calls me almost every day to tell me the whoas of her high school exisitance. Every day I listen and find myself smiling. It's just wonderful to be sitting on the other side of that fence realizing that High School is not life.

So for all you gt-ers out there still putting in the time believe me it does end, and boy is it glorious. (Not that it matters to most of you, the personality trait that seems to run rampant on this site is indivduality wihtout concern for other opion. Yeah for you!)

misszero Posted: Tue Dec 30 20:56:00 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i finished high school this year. a lot of people cried. I was bounding around telling my ride to hurry up so we could leave.

Oh sweet freedom, verily thou be my greatest love.

libra Posted: Tue Dec 30 21:02:36 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I moved from high school to the JC in town, which is literally five feet from my high school. It didn't feel like a huge change to me at first. But slowly, I've started to realize that there's a freedom outside of grades K-12 that people there don't even recognize, because they aren't there yet. Maybe that's why so many kids in high school commit suicide, thinking that this is all there is. It's not, there's so much more out there, so much left to experience, and, unlike high school, it won't all be bad, but it won't all be good. Most of the people I talk to say that high school was really really good, or really really bad. And I think that's part of the reason why kids are so crazy at that time. They're in these huge extremes that we can't really get out of until we're on our own, where you have days that kind of balance out, and having one of the popular kids be nice to you isn't one of your better moments...

Kira Posted: Tue Dec 30 22:29:24 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  socialyD said:
>
>My sister, who is much to her horrifying disgrace, is a sophmore. She calls me almost every day to tell me the whoas of her high school exisitance. Every day I listen and find myself smiling. It's just wonderful to be sitting on the other side of that fence realizing that High School is not life.
>
>

Tell your sister to read "The Teenage Liberation Handbook" by Grace Llewellyn.

I don't understand why kids submit to stay an environment that makes them miserable. No one should have to wait till they're eighteen for their lives to begin.

iggy Posted: Tue Dec 30 23:31:22 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the year i left school is when i was the saddest.

yeah ... freedom? no way... there's something called WORK that makes u wanna go back to school again.

if i could, i'd stay in school forever! yeah!

at least i get the excuse to drink,sleep,party all day with nothing to bother me other than those things u call exams and homework.

it's strange to see how people want to leave school and here i am trying to get myself back in there to enjoy life as a student all over again.

i was happy as a student. never did complain really.

would someone please hire me as a student?

antartica Posted: Wed Dec 31 04:37:59 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  high school was fun
but college was funner

working suxx!!!

misszero Posted: Wed Dec 31 04:51:55 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well, see, I'm anti-social. I have social phobia, and all those othger high school mental illnesses (not to mention agoraphobia) and I can be very shy at times (despite the fact my friends laugh when I say that). I disliked high school intensely. so I'm going to do work that I ENJOY immensely. which I'm aware is easier said than done. but my responsibility lies only with myself at this stage. I don't have a family business to run, or parents who want me to follow their dreams or career paths. So I'm doing fine arts and I'll be a poor starving boho artist forever and ever. amen. heh.

Malik Posted: Wed Dec 31 05:50:14 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Power to the artists, Misszero, power to the artists!

*gives a militant fistpump*

FN Posted: Wed Dec 31 07:52:58 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Artist.

Well, that's nice and all if you feel like it but for me, a materialistic capitalist, it won't do the trick I'm afraid.

addi Posted: Wed Dec 31 08:39:51 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz and ant are correct here but it may take several years for most of you to realize it. I was really ready to get out of high school and college so I do understand where you're coming from, but as the years passed after graduating it slowly hit me that this "freedom to work" thing ain't all that's it's cracked up to be. Suddenly school didn't seem so bad. If you're able to get paid doing something you really like to do then I think it's a different story, but 90% of us don't end up there.

misszero- from one artist to another I can tell you that the artist's lifestyle is very rewarding and very difficult at the same time. Not following the herd mentality means life will rarely be boring. You will meet some superficial artsy fartsy people and some really cool people along the way. Also be prepared to eat a lot of macaroni and cheese out of a box.

Kira Posted: Wed Dec 31 10:00:08 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>I was really ready to get out of high school and college so I do understand where you're coming from, but as the years passed after graduating it slowly hit me that this "freedom to work" thing ain't all that's it's cracked up to be. Suddenly school didn't seem so bad. If you're able to get paid doing something you really like to do then I think it's a different story, but 90% of us don't end up there.

Yeah, freedom is such a pain in the ass. Better to be oppressed and have limited responsibilities.

/sarcasm

addi Posted: Wed Dec 31 10:53:06 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:

>
>Yeah, freedom is such a pain in the ass. Better to be oppressed and have limited responsibilities.
>
>/sarcasm

Ya missed my point entirely, ma'am. Nuttin' to do with personal freedoms, and everything to do with the grass is always greener on the other side mentality.
*there ya go gettin' all sincere on me addi : )

Kira Posted: Wed Dec 31 11:16:03 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>
>
>Ya missed my point entirely, ma'am. Nuttin' to do with personal freedoms, and everything to do with the grass is always greener on the other side mentality.

Ohhh, I geddit! Never mind then.

>*there ya go gettin' all sincere on me addi : )

No no, that was good. For once I don't feel compelled to bonk you on the head.

*And don't go twistin' around the meaning of the word "bonk," dammit.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Dec 31 11:37:06 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>*And don't go twistin' around the meaning of the word "bonk," dammit.

i think you might be confusin' the word "bonk" with the word "boink" LOL

addi Posted: Wed Dec 31 12:07:39 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Sailovzi said:
>>*And don't go twistin' around the meaning of the word "bonk," dammit.
>
>i think you might be confusin' the word "bonk" with the word "boink" LOL

yeah, sodomy and boinking are illegal here. Bonking is fine as long as it's between two consenting dogs.

socialyD Posted: Wed Dec 31 12:12:34 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh don't get me wrong I loved being a student. I love to learn and be challenged to expand my thinking. I love three months off in the summer and week long vacations.
I, however, hated high school. Why? Well it is simple High School is a different world. Your education is joke, it isn't about realitly, such as deadlines, achievements, and earnings. It's about self-esteem and 'no child left' behind, making your dimpola cheap and worthless.
Freedom of expression does not exsist within the four walls of your high school. Sheep qualities run rampant, and on the rare occasion when someone steps up and goes against the grain they are labeled a problem child and eventualy removed. If the administration doesn't do it eventualy the student body will.
People are constantly pushing you to decide your future,(at this point in my life it took me two hours to decide what I was going to wear the next day, deciding my future was out of the question)these same people hate their jobs.
There is caste system that is ridgid and uncahnging. It is not like the movies, the cute popular guy does NOT end up falling in love with hidden beauty nerd, he ends up tormenting her to tears.
I could go on forever. I know in reality I should have done then what I do now, ignore it. At the time however, it just seems like that's it, that this is life.
College is a completely different world. Professors don't care about you. If you don't come to class oh well, don't do homework or come to test, it's your grade, in the end your grade depends on your ability to learn and process information. You do all the work on your own time, no one holds your hand, you don't understand something you have to find someone who does. These classes are meant to make you or break you.(Why else do you think they call entry level classes, weeder feeder classes?)
People are also really different, the popular people that were once at your high shool are still there, but you can choose to have nothing to do with them, and usually instead of looking cool they look pathetic. People are truly open minded. Opions are different and challengeing to your frame work. The people around you are having conversations about world political issues, religion, and sexuality not shoes, clothes, and prom.

If I could I would be a professional student. But being at work isn't that bad either. I have a job I enjoy. When I am finished with school I'll have a job I love. There is freedom in work when you're doing what you love.

Mesh Posted: Wed Dec 31 14:10:28 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  All throughout school I haated it and could not waite for to graduate, that is, until my final year. When that came around I started to dread having to leave school, and the year flys by all to fast.

Kira Posted: Wed Dec 31 14:34:09 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Sailovzi said:
>>*And don't go twistin' around the meaning of the word "bonk," dammit.
>
>i think you might be confusin' the word "bonk" with the word "boink" LOL

Better I confuse it before he does.

addi Posted: Wed Dec 31 14:52:18 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:

>>i think you might be confusin' the word "bonk" with the word "boink" LOL
>
>Better I confuse it before he does.

Oh, Dear

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Dec 31 16:37:18 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Sailovzi said:
>
>>>i think you might be confusin' the word "bonk" with the word "boink" LOL
>>
>>Better I confuse it before he does.
>
>Oh, Dear

LMAO !

Mesh Posted: Wed Dec 31 17:02:11 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hif, you're slightly better looking then I had imagined you would be.

mat_j Posted: Thu Jan 1 10:32:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>high school was fun
>but college was funner
>
>working suxx!!!

Addison said:
chanz and ant are correct here but it may take several years for most of you to realize it. I was really ready to get out of high school and college so I do understand where you're coming from, but as the years passed after graduating it slowly hit me that this "freedom to work" thing ain't all that's it's cracked up to be. Suddenly school didn't seem so bad. If you're able to get paid doing something you really like to do then I think it's a different story, but 90% of us don't end up there.

misszero- from one artist to another I can tell you that the artist's lifestyle is very rewarding and very difficult at the same time. Not following the herd mentality means life will rarely be boring. You will meet some superficial artsy fartsy people and some really cool people along the way. Also be prepared to eat a lot of macaroni and cheese out of a box.

AMEN

But college/univesrity kciks the crap out of high school

(Apart from the being eternal poor and too drunk to speak responsibly to elderly relatives)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]