Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Insomnia
Mesh Posted: Fri Jan 2 05:42:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You just gotta love it. So much more time to do things.

Sleep is highly overrated.

antartica Posted: Fri Jan 2 09:11:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lol...

seems we all have at least one thing in common yes...

despite the fact that we're all diff types of dictators!

Malik Posted: Fri Jan 2 11:27:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't really have insomnia per se, but just really messed up sleeping patterns:

Wedensday: Go to bed at 5am, wake up at 2pm.
Thursday: Go to bed at 4am, wake up at noon.
Friday: Go to bed at 6pm, wake up at 11pm, go to bed at 5am, wake up at 9am.

Yeah, it's great :)

Disruptive Posted: Fri Jan 2 13:29:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi there everyone=)
I haven't been here in a while due to streneous work on my world domination plot("Vote 4 Erica. I'll flash you if you do!").

But yeah, insomnia. I wonder, can you die of sleep-deprivation? I read an article long ago that stated that you could, but I'm not sure now.

Still, it's awesome to be up at night. The tranquility is priceless.

Disruptive Posted: Fri Jan 2 13:33:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm a revolutionary dictator btw =)

antartica Posted: Fri Jan 2 13:39:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Disruptive said:
>Still, it's awesome to be up at night. The tranquility is priceless.

YEAH!...

libra Posted: Fri Jan 2 14:43:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yes you can die of sleep deprivation...but first your body would force you to sleep i think. We learned about it in psychology. If you haven't slept for a long time, your body will go into little bits of REM sleep-like a minute or so of deep sleep and then a few minutes awake.

People don't actually know why we sleep, but there are some different hypotheses, but it seems like REM sleep is very important to our bodies. Some think its an evolutionary thing (we sleep at night in order to be out of harm's way-away from predators) another is that we need it in order for our brain to secure memories...there's more, but I don't remember them all.

mat_j Posted: Fri Jan 2 15:42:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Insomnia drives me fucking mental, i hate it so much as it always happens at the most inconvenient times.

I have a few 'pale and interesting' friends who claim to have insomniaah which drives me nuts as all they do is drink coffee and claim they have c'ffeeen rushes and sleep till 3pm then say "Oh dahling i do sypathise sooooo much i never sleep." Try phoning them at 3 am they love that.

IT's great when your in uni because everything happens at night and it's great laughs but when you need to work all you can do is lay like a bored zombie it's fucking miserable.

But hey i can't complain i brought mine on myself. I spent half the year (every year) when i was a kid trying to stay awake all night and i drink to much coke (and booze) and smoke too much and now my mind set can't be changed in any easy way

Like alst night for example i stayed awake until 6AM (which was why i was posting alongside you Americans for a while). I got up at 10 to go into town and i feel ok now.

I think 5 hours is the mininmum sleep you need in a night and i can work happily for a while like that then i become very angry and get boozed up then i sleep like a baby, which is cool.

The best thing about being an insomiac is the quiet time though, pottering around my house, the dudes snoring away or going for 4AM walks with my other crazed insomniac buddies.

Malik Posted: Fri Jan 2 17:19:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Obligatory Fight Club quote:

"For six months, I couldn't sleep. With insomnia, nothing is real. Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy."

Had to do it. :)

choke Posted: Fri Jan 2 21:58:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ive never had trouble with not sleeping enough unless ive been out partying :P

My problem is sleeping too much.. I can sit still for 5 minutes and relax and ill be asleep. If i dont have about 10 hours a night ill find a quiet wall or floor somewhere during the day and sleep for a couple more.. I have a feeling this isnt normal but its never really bothered me :P

mat_j Posted: Fri Jan 2 22:34:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Malik said:
>Obligatory Fight Club quote:
>
>"For six months, I couldn't sleep. With insomnia, nothing is real. Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy."
>
>Had to do it. :)

It's more like when you get up really early to work or whatever and it's cold outside and you have a headache because it's cold and you feel really groggy.

dan632 Posted: Sat Jan 3 01:54:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Disruptive said:
>Hi there everyone=)
>I haven't been here in a while due to streneous work on my world domination plot("Vote 4 Erica. I'll flash you if you do!").
>
>But yeah, insomnia. I wonder, can you die of sleep-deprivation? I read an article long ago that stated that you could, but I'm not sure now.
>
>Still, it's awesome to be up at night. The tranquility is priceless.

i've voted for u, falsh me please ;-)
u can die from sleep deprivation but it takes ages coz muscles or sum shit get all fucked up and shut down or sum crap.

Malik said:
>Obligatory Fight Club quote:

>"For six months, I couldn't sleep. With insomnia, nothing is real. Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy."

>Had to do it. :)

gotta love that movie!

Puck Posted: Sat Jan 3 02:02:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  pretty much all through last year, I would sleep just because it was a habit, not because I was tired, so when I woke up it was like I had just sat there all night and not slept at all.

misszero Posted: Sat Jan 3 03:41:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>yes you can die of sleep deprivation...but first your body would force you to sleep i think. We learned about it in psychology. If you haven't slept for a long time, your body will go into little bits of REM sleep-like a minute or so of deep sleep and then a few minutes awake.

yes. a micro-sleep. micro-sleeps can kill in seconds. okay, nobody but people living in australia will get that. I'm giving up on humour.

dan632 Posted: Sat Jan 3 04:01:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>libra said:
>>yes you can die of sleep deprivation...but first your body would force you to sleep i think. We learned about it in psychology. If you haven't slept for a long time, your body will go into little bits of REM sleep-like a minute or so of deep sleep and then a few minutes awake.
>
>
>yes. a micro-sleep. micro-sleeps can kill in seconds. okay, nobody but people living in australia will get that. I'm giving up on humour.

woohoo!! go Dr Karl go Dr Karl...u ugly fuck

Mesh Posted: Wed Jan 21 03:16:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And here meshuggah sits again. Must start getting ready for the day in four hours, and meshuggah has yet to shower, do the dishes, do laundry, Iron, and take out the garbage.

DAMNIT ALL TO MY BASEMENT!!!!!!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]