Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Racism
antartica Posted: Tue Jan 6 02:36:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The following scene took place on a BA flight between Johannesburg and London.

A white woman, about 50 years old, was seated next to a black man.
Obviously disturbed by this, she called the air Hostess.

"Madam, what is the matter?" the hostess asked.

"You obviously do not see it then?" she responded. "You placed me next to a black man. I do not agree to sit next to someone from such a repugnant group. Give me an alternative seat."

"Be calm please", the hostess replied, "Almost all the places on this flight are taken. I will go to see if another place is available."

The Hostess went away and then came back a few minutes later.
"Madam, just as I thought, there are no other available seats in the economy class. I spoke to the captain and he informed me that there is also no seat in the business class. All the same, we still have one place in the first class."

Before the woman could say anything, the hostess continued, "It is not usual for our company to permit someone from the economy class to sit in the first class. However, given the circumstances, the captain feels that it would be scandalous to make someone sit next to someone sooooo disgusting."

She turned to the black guy, and said. "Therefore, Sir, if you would like to, please take your hand luggage because a seat awaits you in the first class. "

At the moment, the other passengers who were shocked by what they had just witnessed stood up and applauded.

This is a true story which is not usually told. If you are against racism, please send this message to all your friends, please do not delete it without sending it to at least one person.

Malik Posted: Tue Jan 6 03:23:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wow... that's really amazing. It sounds kinda urban-legendy to me, but still nice.

misszero Posted: Tue Jan 6 05:22:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  if the woman was from south africa (which she appears to be, flying from the place, but, you know, I'm just assuming, and assumption is the mother of all screw ups) and white, then I believe it, considering the flight crew would most likely be from Britain, which while not perfect still has a better attitude than south africa. I don't mean to be all ethnocentric towards south africa, its a beautiful place, and has many many beautiful people, but i do have a lot of friends who come from there, and they tell stories that aren't in the least bit exagerated, and are much more.... 'out there' than this one. *shrugs* then again, I may be a gullible fool, who knows. tis a nice story. kinda like this one, which is probably a myth.

"Many years ago, when I worked as a volunteer at a
hospital, I got to know a little girl named Liz who
was suffering from a rare and serious disease. Her
only chance of recovery appeared to be a blood
transfusion from her 5-year old brother, who had
miraculously survived the same disease and had
developed the antibodies needed to combat the illness.

The doctor explained the situation to her little
brother, and asked the little boy if he would be
willing to give his blood to his sister. I saw him
hesitate for only a moment before taking a deep breath
and saying, "Yes, I'll do it if it will save her."

As the transfusion progressed, he lay in bed next to
his sister and smiled, as we all did, seeing the color
returning to her cheek. Then his face grew pale and
his smile faded. He looked up at the doctor and asked
with a trembling voice, "Will I start to die right
away?"

Being young, the little boy had misunderstood the
doctor; he thought he was going to have to give his
sister all of his blood in order to save her. "

dan632 Posted: Tue Jan 6 05:52:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  that is soo sweeet misszero :'(
that little kid is the bomb!

antartica Posted: Tue Jan 6 07:00:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  nice one ms.0

misszero Posted: Tue Jan 6 08:27:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i know. being so emotionally volatile, that story always makes me a little weepy. and being such an optimist, always restores a little faith in humanity.

briefly, at least.

antartica Posted: Tue Jan 6 08:36:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>i know. being so emotionally volatile, that story always makes me a little weepy. and being such an optimist, always restores a little faith in humanity.
>
>briefly, at least.

keyword = briefly

antartica Posted: Tue Jan 6 09:09:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  while we're at it... here's 'nother one

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face.

The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand:

TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE.

They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him.

After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone:

TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, "After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone, why?"

The other friend replied "When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE

They say it takes

a minute to find a special person,
an hour to appreciate them,
a day to love them,
but then an entire life to forget them.

Do not value the THINGS you have in your life. But value WHO you have in your life!

FN Posted: Tue Jan 6 10:15:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bullshit.

Urban legend indeed.

Hate the fact that people actually believe them.

socialyD Posted: Tue Jan 6 13:22:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  miszero: that is one of my favorites and made me ball the first time I read it.

anartica: the sand/stone thing is an inspiration

Chrisophe: Urban legends were at one time based on fact, re-telling of these tales often distorts the orgional story as people ebleish to their likeing. Some what like History. So what I am saying is there is grain of truth to every story, even if it is only the moral.

socialyD Posted: Tue Jan 6 13:23:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Besides what's the harm in believing in something that makes life just a little bit better?

FN Posted: Tue Jan 6 13:34:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I prefer reality over easy illusions.

And urban legends weren't necessarily based on facts when they originated.

I can make up as many as you want.

Just some sad happy happy joy joy nitwit who felt he/she would do the world a great favor by writing that story I guess.

I don't know who I feel sorry for the most. The people who take the time to write stuff like that or those who believe in them.

Just my opinion ofcourse.

Malik Posted: Tue Jan 6 14:00:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, I also kinda have a problem just believing something just because it would make life a little better.

It may be true that believing fairytales about a boy and his dying sister could make the world look a bit less bleak, I just don't think it's okay to believe something just because it's nice and pretty.

Take religion for instance. People don't believe in Jesus, Buddah, Mohammad, Yahweh, Zoroaster, and all the saviors just because it makes life a little better. Sure, if everyone followed the teachings of [insert messiah here], things would be better. But that doesn't justify believing them. What justifies them is the principle that they are the savior/enlightener/redeemer of mankind. If people start believing in religion because it makes the world better (minus the non-diety religions that are actually based on making the world better), then the religion becomes meaningless.

And I pretty sure that you didn't mean that statement to apply to religion, only to a small tale about a brother and sister, but it's the principle that gets me.

Oh, and if a story contains a sentence in all caps at the end of it, it's probably just an urban legend. Maybe a nice one, but still a legend. :)

iggy Posted: Wed Jan 7 02:43:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i hate racists.
bloody wankers.

as an asian in a western country, i was called a chink many times. which end up in a pub brawl all the time.

i remember i kneed and slammed a couple of them rugby sized aussie boys cos they called my friend and i chinks so we jumped them.

argh must.kill.people.now

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 7 07:54:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>i hate racists.
>bloody wankers.
>
>as an asian in a western country, i was called a chink many times. which end up in a pub brawl all the time.
>
>i remember i kneed and slammed a couple of them rugby sized aussie boys cos they called my friend and i chinks so we jumped them.
>
>argh must.kill.people.now

yep, some people just need killing !
go get 'em !

antartica Posted: Wed Jan 7 09:59:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>i hate racists.
>bloody wankers.
>
>as an asian in a western country, i was called a chink many times. which end up in a pub brawl all the time.
>
>i remember i kneed and slammed a couple of them rugby sized aussie boys cos they called my friend and i chinks so we jumped them.
>argh must.kill.people.now

ifihadahif said:
>yep, some people just need killing !
>go get 'em !

yeah... kill em all and let goD sort them out

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]