Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Poets...
SekiRay Posted: Tue Jan 13 12:31:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i was wondering... actually, how many poets are there right here in GT? Chris C, he, i know is one but what about the others?

Chaos Posted: Tue Jan 13 12:51:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i write poetry.
not as often as i used to due to my busy schedule, but i still enjoy it alot.

prey tell, where did you get your name?

socialyD Posted: Tue Jan 13 12:57:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Poets are every where in everyone. I had a Humanites teacher in college tell me once, when strugling through a manditory poetry section; "Poetry is every where. Poems don't always rhyme, and sometime they don't even have words, the key to poetry is finding it in you."

I got 4.0 on the poetry assignment when I turned in photographs of beautiful scences. I expalined the peotry exsists in the beauty. I titled the collection 'To be a Poem' he asked to keep copies of the collection so he could show future classes that poetry is more than words on a page.

libra Posted: Tue Jan 13 13:26:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  socialyD said:
>Poets are every where in everyone. I had a Humanites teacher in college tell me once, when strugling through a manditory poetry section; "Poetry is every where. Poems don't always rhyme, and sometime they don't even have words, the key to poetry is finding it in you."
>
>I got 4.0 on the poetry assignment when I turned in photographs of beautiful scences. I expalined the peotry exsists in the beauty. I titled the collection 'To be a Poem' he asked to keep copies of the collection so he could show future classes that poetry is more than words on a page.

I really like that. Most of my teachers expected very structured things from us. I never liked the poetry sections because we were too forced to do what they wanted, and not what we wanted to do.

FN Posted: Tue Jan 13 13:30:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well, as you already know, I write once in a while. If for some reason you are interested you can find (most of them) in my MYGT section.

Howitzer Posted: Tue Jan 13 13:51:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hell, i even write poetry. i have had some on myGT now for almost a year, the name is going to go in feb. i even have a few of chaos' poems in it.

novemberrain Posted: Tue Jan 13 14:05:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I write poetry once in a while (none posted at this website...yet)

if you want a good place to read original works (poetry and otherwise) go to www.fictionpress.com or poesie.com

happy reading

Kira Posted: Tue Jan 13 14:12:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I write poetry, but only when I have to. ;) Little eight-line things that pop into my head--and interfere with my other work until I write them down to get rid of them, damn poems...

The halfway-decent ones are on myGT.

Aeon Posted: Tue Jan 13 14:59:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I write poetry. You can find some of it... my earlier work under the MYGT name Nirvana. Other than that, just stick around and wait for me to post it and get critiqued from the greatest minds in the world right here at GT. I love you guys!

FN Posted: Tue Jan 13 15:31:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yes, bathe in my aura of supremacy my loyal subjects

choke Posted: Tue Jan 13 17:25:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like writing poetry but i dont know if that would be enough to class me as a poet. Some of it's under mygt.. misanthropists my username

Malik Posted: Tue Jan 13 19:29:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I really don't write poetry very much. It's something about how I can't really put the raw emotion into a handful of lines. However, some people can, and damn!

SekiRay Posted: Tue Jan 13 23:32:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Chaos said:

>prey tell, where did you get your name?

em... you asking me?

DaveHill Posted: Wed Jan 14 02:36:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I won't promote myself right now :P, but i do write poetry every once in a while. Poetry. Maybe it's more something that has a lot in common with poetry. I don't really know.
As long as i can make some of the things in my head keep quiet by writing them down, i'm happy.

Howitzer Posted: Wed Jan 14 20:02:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  SekiRay said:
>Chaos said:
>
>>prey tell, where did you get your name?
>
>em... you asking me?

yes, he was asking you and i too am interested, if you would like to share

SekiRay Posted: Wed Jan 14 23:33:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's a seabird part of the Ainu (Jap aborigine) myth that's associated with their god Kamui. according to the legend, the Sekirei was given by Kamui the task of creating this world. the bird made earth what it is today by stamping on the ground, beating it with its tail and moving the water with its wings and by doing so,the sekirei caused the water to separate into oceans, and the raised earth floating above the water became land.

SntSaturn Posted: Wed Jan 14 23:34:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I write in spells. Its a bit dry right now, but I do write poetry.

SekiRay Posted: Thu Jan 15 11:34:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  SntSaturn said:
>I write in spells. Its a bit dry right now, but I do write poetry.

what do you mean you write in spells?

Chaos Posted: Thu Jan 15 11:57:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  SekiRay said:
>It's a seabird part of the Ainu (Jap aborigine) myth that's associated with their god Kamui. according to the legend, the Sekirei was given by Kamui the task of creating this world. the bird made earth what it is today by stamping on the ground, beating it with its tail and moving the water with its wings and by doing so,the sekirei caused the water to separate into oceans, and the raised earth floating above the water became land.

interesting. i didn't know you posted here. why didnt you say something earlier?

SekiRay Posted: Thu Jan 15 23:52:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Chaos said:

>interesting. i didn't know you posted here. why didnt you say something earlier?

too comfy watching :P

mat_j Posted: Sat Jan 17 23:16:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've written about 300 poems most of them are awful, but a few of them are alright, thinking about doing a my GT doopher to show some of it.

SntSaturn Posted: Sat Jan 17 23:21:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  SekiRay said:
>SntSaturn said:
>>I write in spells. Its a bit dry right now, but I do write poetry.
>
>what do you mean you write in spells?

hmm, i realized that came off a little weird rereading it. Umm, I write for periods of time, but then I have a month or more where i don't write at all.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]