Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

IRC
Sheoul Posted: Fri Jan 23 03:53:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Out of curiosity... does a GT irc server exist? If not, how about setting one up?

antartica Posted: Fri Jan 23 04:02:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dun think so

antartica Posted: Fri Jan 23 04:12:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  just remembered though... there was a thread with all our MSN I.D's.....

can't seem to find it though

Malik Posted: Fri Jan 23 19:00:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't know, but I think that some kind of chat thing is needed. Do I even have to point to the over 350 post "What do you think" 1, 2 and 3? If people want to have fiery debates, posting message after message isn't really easy.

So, even if it's just a silly java applet, *looks at Jason*, or an IRC server, I'd greatly appreciate it.

(In other words, please, please, please, please???)

Kira Posted: Fri Jan 23 19:08:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Malik said:
>I don't know, but I think that some kind of chat thing is needed. Do I even have to point to the over 350 post "What do you think" 1, 2 and 3? If people want to have fiery debates, posting message after message isn't really easy.
>
>So, even if it's just a silly java applet, *looks at Jason*, or an IRC server, I'd greatly appreciate it.
>
>(In other words, please, please, please, please???)

We had a chat room for a long time, but you were lucky if you could catch *one* other person in it whenever you happened to peek in there. There's just too much of a time difference between us all I guess, it's easier to just post and respond at our leisure...

Mesh Posted: Fri Jan 23 22:08:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>Malik said:
>>I don't know, but I think that some kind of chat thing is needed. Do I even have to point to the over 350 post "What do you think" 1, 2 and 3? If people want to have fiery debates, posting message after message isn't really easy.
>>
>>So, even if it's just a silly java applet, *looks at Jason*, or an IRC server, I'd greatly appreciate it.
>>
>>(In other words, please, please, please, please???)
>
>We had a chat room for a long time, but you were lucky if you could catch *one* other person in it whenever you happened to peek in there. There's just too much of a time difference between us all I guess, it's easier to just post and respond at our leisure...

Ah yes, the GT chat room. Meshuggah and meshuggah had some good conversations with eachother.

mat_j Posted: Sat Jan 24 10:12:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Damn i hated that chat room, at first i thought i smelled because i logged into it and waited then nothing happened, then i discovered that if i saw someone coming along i would immediatly get out of chat. Chat was pointless and annoying and i'm glad it's dead

libra Posted: Sat Jan 24 19:24:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  one time, i was in the chat room and there were two other people there too...maybe three. I think it was zander and sweet p and someone else...not sure. But anyway, that was exciting, the odds of that many people at once...

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Jan 24 22:42:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Damn i hated that chat room, at first i thought i smelled because i logged into it and waited then nothing happened, then i discovered that if i saw someone coming along i would immediatly get out of chat. Chat was pointless and annoying and i'm glad it's dead

yeah, and there were cigarette butts on the floor and stuff.

mat_j Posted: Sun Jan 25 07:18:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And Jason never got anyone in to clean the toilets, and there was a corpse in the water tank.

antartica Posted: Sun Jan 25 07:46:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>And Jason never got anyone in to clean the toilets, and there was a corpse in the water tank.

fuck! that was a corpse!?!?!

i thought that was one of them swimming sheep!

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Jan 25 09:53:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>mat_j said:
>>And Jason never got anyone in to clean the toilets, and there was a corpse in the water tank.
>
>fuck! that was a corpse!?!?!
>
>i thought that was one of them swimming sheep!

nah, it was a corpse, I think it was koff.

sweet p Posted: Sun Jan 25 13:36:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>one time, i was in the chat room and there were two other people there too...maybe three. I think it was zander and sweet p and someone else...not sure. But anyway, that was exciting, the odds of that many people at once...

I remember that : )
Good times.
We told our horror stories...and then switched to MSN...
hehe
That really was a stubborn chat room.

Sheoul Posted: Mon Jan 26 05:13:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  uh... ok

it was just a thought, and i still think it has some potential

antartica Posted: Tue Jan 27 04:43:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  for the sake of the newer kids on the block...

most of us are linked on MSN somewhat...

my MSN id is:

antartica1176@hotmail.com

addi Posted: Tue Jan 27 07:13:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Don't do the linked thing. I guess it's one of the things that separates me from the young GTers here. I got on the GT chat once. It was with mesh, the poor sod.
"Hey, Buddy. What ya doing?"

"Nothing much"

"How's the weather down there?"

"Kinda cloudy"

After about 30 seconds of this titalating conversation Mesh made up something about meeting his sister for pizza and clocked out. lol

I guess I'm not one for small conversations, but it's probably also cuz I didn't grow up using real time chat. Anyway I like the option of thinking about what I'm saying and editing before I click post. I would no doubt say a lot of things I would regret later.

Addi: Hey archangel, where do you live? You sound pretty cute

Archangel: Ahh, I'm a plonker, Addison.

Addi: Oh, shit. nevermind

Addi: Hey bluellama! Did ya hear the one about the lesbian that put her finger in the dike?

Bluellama: Ahhh, I'm a lesbian, addison.

Addi: Oh, shit. nevermind

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]