Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Al Franken is an ass clown
Archangel Posted: Tue Jan 27 17:04:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  As if I didn't despise this tool enough, he goes and tackles a heckler at a Dean Rally, in an attempt to "preserve freedom of speech" Somebody should stab him in the face.

Full story here:
http://nypost.com/news/nationalnews/16692.htm

addi Posted: Tue Jan 27 17:17:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  archangels should be seen and not heard

:(

Archangel Posted: Tue Jan 27 17:25:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>archangels should be seen and not heard

At least we're not tackling people trying to voice an opinion in a public place...

Mesh Posted: Tue Jan 27 17:35:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Al Franken truly is an ass.

addi Posted: Tue Jan 27 17:45:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mesh I won't reply to you. I'd end up saying something I'd regret to a friend.

Archangel
Who you like and don't like is your business. no arguement there. But saying somebody should "stab him in the face" is ignorant and stupid.

Mesh Posted: Tue Jan 27 17:59:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>mesh I won't reply to you. I'd end up saying something I'd regret to a friend.

Thanks. My dislike for him doesnt to come from any of his political standing by the way. Something about him just annoys me. EXCEPT OF COURSE FOR JACK HANDY!!!!!!!!

He was the perfect jack handy.

Archangel Posted: Tue Jan 27 19:15:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Who you like and don't like is your business. no arguement there. But saying somebody should "stab him in the face" is ignorant and stupid.

Obviously it's not meant to be taken literally.

What are your thoughts on him?

dan632 Posted: Tue Jan 27 19:34:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  who the fuck is Al Francken?

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Jan 27 19:37:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I always thought he was an amazing comedic talent. The years he was half of the Franken & Davis team produced a lot of laughs from me.
I must say however, that his political leanings leave much to be desired.
I won't judge a man by his political leanings but his methods leave me cold.
I predict his new radio show will be short lived because his "political entertainment" is without substance and is mean sprited.
On a different subject, I watched Dennis Millers new show on CNBC last night and thought it was wonderful.
And lest any of you think it's just because I tilt a little to the right, I am a fan of Bill Maher as well. I don't agree with much of what he says, but he does present both sides of the story all the time.

addi Posted: Tue Jan 27 20:07:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Archangel said:

>
>Obviously it's not meant to be taken literally.
>
>What are your thoughts on him?

I like the guy. I like his humor. I like his politics. I'm reading his latest book "Lies, and the Lying liars who tell them" right now.
HOWEVER
You can despise the guy and that's fine (Really, I mean it). It was the violent image that caused the knee jerk reaction on my part.
AND
to be completely honest I've been on the edge the past two days. I'm down to the last step 3 on the patches and I've really noticed the drop in nicotine. That's not an excuse, but it has made me real cranky and I've noticed my family and dog giving me a wide berth at home. Hopefully this shit stage will pass soon and I can go back to being my sweet addi again.

Archangel Posted: Tue Jan 27 20:58:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No problem, I don't take it personally, I'd have to agree, the statement is a little much for an internet board full of people who have no clue about me.

I just plain don't like the man, Jack Handy can be funny at times, everything else I find boring, especially that "I'm good enough..." skit. His politics and especially delivery grind on my last nerve.

On the other hand, I agree with hif, again, I enjoy Dennis Miller and Bill Maher, both their delivery and politics (mostly) damn I miss Politically Incorrect.

Best of luck with the quiting smoking.

Malik Posted: Tue Jan 27 21:28:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wouldn't tackling someone who is protesting be quashing free speech?

Freedom of speech is a good system. People can say whatever the hell they want to say, without interference. The problem with free speech comes when people start saying things contrary to other people's beliefs.

Aeon Posted: Tue Jan 27 22:59:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Who cares? Figureheads and voice boxes for the political zealots of the far left and far right are just foolish. People should have their own opinions, their own politics and not have to associate themselves with a particular platform. I like John Kerry but I'm not a Democrat. I'm just me. I have no agenda. I could care less if you don't like Al Franken. I could care less if you don't like John Kerry. It's all pointless in the end, isn't it?

addi Posted: Wed Jan 28 07:23:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>Who cares? Figureheads and voice boxes for the political zealots of the far left and far right are just foolish. People should have their own opinions, their own politics and not have to associate themselves with a particular platform. I like John Kerry but I'm not a Democrat. I'm just me. I have no agenda. I could care less if you don't like Al Franken. I could care less if you don't like John Kerry. It's all pointless in the end, isn't it?

I care, Aeon, and you should. Are you living in some vaccumn where elected officials don't affect your life in any way? Are you immune to our governments foreign policy agenda, to their economic legislation? Or are you above such mundane matters? Don't brush off people that have something other than a " I could care less" attitude. When everyone here starts shrugging their shoulders and says, "It's all pointless" is when the government will do what it wants with impunity, and consequently our country will go down the crapper faster than you can say "it doesn't affect me". I'm at the opposite end of the political spectrum from Hif, but at least he cares about issues and what direction this country goes in, and I respect that.
Like I said, what Archangel personally thinks about Franken is his business. It was only his statement of stabbing him that I responded to as being a stupid thing to say. It would be very arrogant of me to tell anyone here how they should feel politically. You're right, how Aeon feels about politicians is his business. But telling us these zealots(left or right) don't affect us, and that we shouldn't care cuz it's pointless is...well, it's something that someone would say that doesn't understand world history, past or current.

mat_j Posted: Wed Jan 28 10:29:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>Who cares? Figureheads and voice boxes for the political zealots of the far left and far right are just foolish. People should have their own opinions, their own politics and not have to associate themselves with a particular platform. I like John Kerry but I'm not a Democrat. I'm just me. I have no agenda. I could care less if you don't like Al Franken. I could care less if you don't like John Kerry. It's all pointless in the end, isn't it?

Jesus man, thats the fast road to fascism!!!!!!!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]