Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

moving away.
Iamjustdancing. Posted: Thu Jan 29 16:41:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I graduated last spring and moved away from my home state (washington _seattle area_) to boston. At first it was cool and stuff, i went out did stuff, tried to find friends. But now, i find my self alone more often than not (especially when i am not at work) and not having the oomph to do anything. I horribly miss my girlfriend, my bestfriends, and the area where i lived itself. It's funny, but the day the 'homesickness' hit me the most is when i got my new drivers liscense. It was the day i guess i really moved here (even though it was months after i moved) It is the first 'non washington' licsence i have ever had... so its was kinda creepy. Anyway, anyone have any idea's how to make friends, (in college it was cake with classes etc.. everyone your age etc.) i am truly a stranger in a strange land, as i know nobody but my cooworkers. who are all over 35 (i am 21) Sigh, i guess half of writing this was just to write something down about how shitty i have fealt about my life lately, and sicne you guys have given good advice to others in the past, maybe you can help me find my 'way' again :p.

Don't tell anyone anything, or else you'll miss everything :/

FN Posted: Thu Jan 29 17:29:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ask those old farts if they have any goodlooking daughters

libra Posted: Thu Jan 29 18:03:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i don't know...i've never really had to make friends. One thing i do know: you meet the most important people in your life in strange ways, usually. So hang out in coffee shops, go to the park(get a puppy, then girls will talk to you), talk to people.

sry_not4sale Posted: Thu Jan 29 18:33:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  start goin 2 bars more often and jst start talkn 2 the staff (ppl behind the bar n all)

socialyD Posted: Thu Jan 29 18:48:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have a really great friend that has been living in Boston for about six month she says she feels the same way.

She loves but she says it's really hard to make friends there. She moved there to be with her sister, and her roomate (both from here in Coeur d'Alene). But that the only people she has so eventualy they drive you crazy.

I'll give her a call and see what she thinks about me giving out some info on her. I know her and she'd love to get out with someone like her =)!

antartica Posted: Fri Jan 30 01:53:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>i don't know...i've never really had to make friends.

DUH!
with ya looks its a wonder you don't have guys buzzing around you like vultures waiting for the buffalo to die...

okok... not the best of analogies but ya get the drift... haha

Iamjustdancing. Posted: Fri Jan 30 09:03:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Heh, i been to bars and stuff, talked to everyone and their sister, its just hard because everyone goes in their with friends of their own that they have known forever and a day. shrug sociallyd! coer'de'lane is the bomb ass town. I once drove up there just to get some Zips, its like what a 2 hours drive from pullman... god i miss there burgers, especially the wrangler! anyway thanks for the posts guys/gals

antartica Posted: Fri Jan 30 09:52:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ok dave... i know what you mean... first time i ever stepped into the world i was 17....

joined a ship to clock some sea time for college and everyone was like at least 25 and above....

and really being away from home for the first time in my life! in case ya didn't know, i'm from Dingapore and i had to fly a quarter way round the world (ALONE) to bahrain to join the ship... i get there and find out that everyone is older than i was. and although i was technically a trainee, i was treated like another crew a new junior officer... and i joined the ranks and was treated like an equal.....

but mebbe i'm lucky in the sense that despite the age difference i felt i was accepted and i actually relished the environment i was in. working on a ship, open seas. and it did help that i actually enjoyed what i was doing....

for the first month
for the 6 months
after a while though... of course i got home sick and all that... but it's something you get used to...

first time i got sent here where i am now... it's definitely not easy coz no one speaks english. or at least very few do. but you adapt, and unless you do, you'll drive yourself nuts!!! like you said, you've done the usual bar runs and the like... so all you gotta do now is to be able to find a watering hole you can call your own. a nice cafe you like where you can just chill... ya get the drift... places where you like the atmosphere and enjoy the company and in no time you'll be "native"....

have fun! =)...

oh! and i just cannot resist this one... "Welcome to the world!" LOL

socialyD Posted: Fri Jan 30 13:01:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  WSU-Dave said:
>sociallyd! coer'de'lane is the bomb ass town. I once drove up there just to get some Zips, its like what a 2 hours drive from pullman... god i miss there burgers, especially the wrangler! anyway thanks for the posts guys/gals

You drove up here for Zips, holy cow. You have never had a Hudson burger then. Now that is worth driving up here for.

Iamjustdancing. Posted: Fri Jan 30 15:28:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  socialyD said:
>WSU-Dave said:
>>sociallyd! coer'de'lane is the bomb ass town. I once drove up there just to get some Zips, its like what a 2 hours drive from pullman... god i miss there burgers, especially the wrangler! anyway thanks for the posts guys/gals
>
>You drove up here for Zips, holy cow. You have never had a Hudson burger then. Now that is worth driving up here for.

omg where you get hudson burgers from?

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]