Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Workout Routines
Mesh Posted: Fri Jan 30 16:51:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just curious if anyone has workout routines? If so, what is it?

Me. I wake up. I do about fifty pushups and a hundred situps before I go for a mile run.

Then when I get home, I do the same amount of pushups and situps. Then I go to my nice weight set and lift weights. I dont focus on one muscle group per night, I lift weights about two hours a night and just do them all.

I start with the shoulders and upper back, then the lower back and abdominals, then the chest, then the arms, then the legs.

Then, right before I go to bed, I go for a quick ten minute jog and do the same amount of push ups and situps.

This USED to keep me in excellent shape. But these last few months my appetite has exploded, and I have fed the monster nothing but fatting junk food and fast food. Oh, and my alcohol consumption has gone up. Now I am starting to get a "beer belly". I'm not happy about it, but hey, I really dont feel like trying to get rid of it, so I wont......

addi Posted: Fri Jan 30 17:27:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I need encouragement to work out like that, mesh. I was just thinking I need to get into a routine fast. Quitting smoking has one nasty side effect and it's beginning to show already. My 34's are getting too tight to zip up. I needed the weight, but I don't want it to end up all in one place. If you have any good suggestions, other than joining an expensive workout place, pass them on.

*Choke says I have a nice ass and legs, it's my upper body that needs work : )

FN Posted: Fri Jan 30 17:30:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I do 100 push-ups every night (2 series of 50 with a 5 minute break in between) and crunches untill I cant stand the burn anymore for the upper abs and for the lower abs I lie flat on my back and lift my legs up in a 45 angle and then slowly down again without my ankles toutching the floor, and then back up (that's the hardest excersise of them all)

FN Posted: Fri Jan 30 17:31:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That last excercise is repeated ofcourse lol untill it gets unbearlable.

addi Posted: Fri Jan 30 17:35:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>That last excercise is repeated ofcourse lol untill it gets unbearlable.

Crap, I had a feeling the word "unbearable" would show up somewhere.

Will it take off inches from my waist?

FN Posted: Fri Jan 30 17:42:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Christophe said:
>>That last excercise is repeated ofcourse lol untill it gets unbearlable.
>
>Crap, I had a feeling the word "unbearable" would show up somewhere.
>
>Will it take off inches from my waist?

It really helps, seriously.

But you have to bite through the pain untill you get more or less used to it lol.

Really, you should try it, just start off with doing it 5 times or so, and take a stop, and if you can still keep going do another 5 and after a while you'll be able to do more of them.

It's a very difficult one though so don't feel too bad if you can't repeat it a lot at the start.

Make sure you don't overdo it as well, it'll hurt for half a week, I know what I'm talking about.

Mesh Posted: Fri Jan 30 17:46:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I used to do those. But I stopped. I should probably start again. Pffffttt, riiiigghhtt.

FN Posted: Fri Jan 30 17:47:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I used to do those. But I stopped. I should probably start again. Pffffttt, riiiigghhtt.

No pain no gain.

marsi Posted: Fri Jan 30 17:54:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>No pain no gain.

I'll settle for no pain no pain.

addi Posted: Fri Jan 30 18:00:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>No pain no gain.

This is all Eve's fault! If she hadn't bitten from the apple we'd all still be livin' in paradise and the garden motto would be: No Pain, All gain

Thanks for the advice. I guess it's crunch time. If by some bizarre turn of events we end up pulling off a GT get together someday I don't want to have to have to be rolled there.

Mesh Posted: Fri Jan 30 18:00:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>
>No pain no gain.

Hahahahaha, I used to love chanting that while punching my siblings in the arm repeatedly.

Mesh Posted: Fri Jan 30 18:02:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  All of you start lifting weights now! I DEMAND IT GOD DAMNIT! Get big muscles now!

FN Posted: Fri Jan 30 18:05:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Christophe said:
>
>>No pain no gain.
>
>This is all Eve's fault! If she hadn't bitten from the apple we'd all still be livin' in paradise and the garden motto would be: No Pain, All gain
>
>Thanks for the advice. I guess it's crunch time. If by some bizarre turn of events we end up pulling off a GT get together someday I don't want to have to have to be rolled there.

The 45 thing is just for the lower abs.

For upper abs you should do crunches, meaning lie on your back with your ankles as close to your ass as possible lol and lift your choulders of the floor so you can feel your abs flexing and hold for about 3 seconds and then lie down again, and repeat, repeat, repeat.

Sit-ups should be avoided as they can cause damage to your back and aren't as effective.

FN Posted: Fri Jan 30 18:06:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
> All of you start lifting weights now! I DEMAND IT GOD DAMNIT! Get big muscles now!

Don't you think it's worth it?

I do.

addi Posted: Fri Jan 30 18:12:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>The 45 thing is just for the lower abs.
>
>For upper abs you should do crunches, meaning lie on your back with your ankles as close to your ass as possible lol and lift your choulders of the floor so you can feel your abs flexing and hold for about 3 seconds and then lie down again, and repeat, repeat, repeat.
>
>Sit-ups should be avoided as they can cause damage to your back and aren't as effective.

Got it! No sit ups.
*does sex count as exercise? Can you subsitute 20 minutes of diddling for say...50 cruches?

FN Posted: Fri Jan 30 18:14:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sex excercices every muscle in your body and burns a lot of calories (I think about 500/orgasm)

Mesh Posted: Fri Jan 30 18:14:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>meshuggah said:
>> All of you start lifting weights now! I DEMAND IT GOD DAMNIT! Get big muscles now!
>
>
>Don't you think it's worth it?
>
>I do.

Who wouldnt want big muscles?

I for one am muscle dysmorphic. Which means no matter how big my muscles get, I will always think I look small and weak and try to make them bigger.

socialyD Posted: Fri Jan 30 19:04:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I file my nails everyday.

Kira Posted: Fri Jan 30 19:07:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I used to go to a gym pretty regularly and worked out on a bunch of machines whose names I never knew to begin with. It was mainly a way to hang out with my mom and when I started working full time I quit, then my mom did too. :(

Still do stretches every morning, and I was doing sit-ups and push-ups for a while but it only took a couple of skipped days before I forgot-for-good. No discipline! Grr.

iggy Posted: Fri Jan 30 19:34:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1)gym
3 times weekly.
45 mins on the treadmill/stairmaster thingy.
an hour 15 mins on weights. (a day for different area. shoulders, chest, and back)
200 crunches followed by 100 leg raises.

2) rockclimbing
2 times weekly. i go to this indoor climbing centre and boulder for a couple of hours.

erm.... thinking of taking up either thai kickboxing or hip hop dance. either one of above cos i can cut down on the cardio at the gym so i can spend more time on weights.

choke Posted: Fri Jan 30 20:03:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>
>*Choke says I have a nice ass and legs, it's my upper body that needs work : )

Ahh!!! Just finished work, so gazed stupidly at my screen for awhile.. If i wasnt awake before i definitly am now lol

yes im afraid that buh.. buh.. BEER belly has got 2 go :)

Not to worry! Am going to make an attempt myself.. If not to build muscles (i dont need them, she-woman has MAN to protect her from mammoth *tugs bone nose hook*) then to build character :D

addi Posted: Fri Jan 30 20:14:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>Ahh!!! Just finished work, so gazed stupidly at my screen for awhile.. If i wasnt awake before i definitly am now lol

you don't remember? That night in front of the fireplace, sipping your hot chocolate, after sking all day? You said, "Addi, that's a big fine thang, won cha back that thang up!"
Gawd, I feel so cheap. Soo used!

addi Posted: Fri Jan 30 20:16:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>1)gym
>3 times weekly.
>45 mins on the treadmill/stairmaster thingy.
>an hour 15 mins on weights. (a day for different area. shoulders, chest, and back)
>200 crunches followed by 100 leg raises.
>
>2) rockclimbing
>2 times weekly. i go to this indoor climbing centre and boulder for a couple of hours.

I am officialy impressed chanz. I think I'd be happy doing a quarter of that each week.

choke Posted: Fri Jan 30 20:22:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>
>you don't remember? That night in front of the fireplace, sipping your hot chocolate, after sking all day? You said, "Addi, that's a big fine thang, won cha back that thang up!"
>Gawd, I feel so cheap. Soo used!
>
*rolls round on floor laffin* *(again)* well for a start i refuse to speak like a maori in case i dribble.. I woodnt call it skiing as much slidin round on my arse :D AND..

What did u put in my hot chocolate bitch!?!

simonvii Posted: Fri Jan 30 20:38:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:

>Then when I get home, I do the same amount of pushups and situps. Then I go to my nice weight set and lift weights. I dont focus on one muscle group per night, I lift weights about two hours a night and just do them all.
>
>I start with the shoulders and upper back, then the lower back and abdominals, then the chest, then the arms, then the legs.
>
dude u do a lot...side note - its really bad for ur body to work the same muscle groups two days in a row...why? i think its because when you lift u stretch the muscles out and then contract them, and so it makes them stronger, but if you dont allow a day in between for rest, the muscles cant grow...also that day of rest in between will help you be able to lift more weight...p.s. sit ups and pushups can be done every day whenever because you use ur abs pretty much everytime u move anyway and because pushups work interior muscles in your shoulders, building a perfect base for upper body lifting...anyway just a thought, thats why most people alternate legs one day, upper body the next, so they can lift everyday without a day off in between...

simonvii Posted: Fri Jan 30 20:43:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i play basketball 5-7 hours a week total, sometimes more sometimes less...i try to put at least 20 miles i per week running, but ive not been consistent and therefore end up doing all 20 in like 3 days instead of spread out over the week (when its nice outside i do between 30-40 per week)...and aside from the last week and a half cuz im a slacker, i was lifting upper body every other day, took between 45-60 minutes...for push ups i do 3 sets of 21 or 27 and for sit ups 3 sets of 34 or 37 or 41 (i play number games with my sets, it gets me thru em faster)

addi Posted: Fri Jan 30 20:47:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>*rolls round on floor laffin* *(again)* well for a start i refuse to speak like a maori in case i dribble.. I woodnt call it skiing as much slidin round on my arse :D AND..
>
>What did u put in my hot chocolate bitch!?!

LOL! you're a good sport choke! I'll be nice to you from now on. ;)

choke Posted: Fri Jan 30 20:50:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>LOL! you're a good sport choke! I'll be nice to you from now on. ;)

yeah best b.. il bust a cap in yo ass..

:)

libra Posted: Fri Jan 30 20:55:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I never excercise beyond walking places. I should, I know I should, but I have absolutely no discipline. I'm lucky, my metabolism is fast, so I keep my figure that way (hehe), but I know it'll slow down eventually. If I stop eating chocolate for a week, I'll loose like, three pounds,(i did it once, it was funny). But I don't really do anything to keep in shape muscle-wise.

addi Posted: Fri Jan 30 20:56:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>yeah best b.. il bust a cap in yo ass..

Addi sets down hot chocolate very slowly, raises both hands, and cautiously backs away, making no sudden movements...

iggy Posted: Fri Jan 30 21:43:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:

>I am officialy impressed chanz. I think I'd be happy doing a quarter of that each week.

i think my inspiration is not to end up like my friends. they're not 30 yet but their bodies have gone to shit.

Dancer Posted: Fri Jan 30 22:10:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i wake up everyday and sit up on my bed. now that's 1 sit up a day!
i used to play tennis but now the weather is freakish, so i kinda stop for a while.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jan 30 22:36:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Just curious if anyone has workout routines? If so, what is it?
>
>Me. I wake up. I do about fifty pushups and a hundred situps before I go for a mile run.
>
>
>Then when I get home, I do the same amount of pushups and situps. Then I go to my nice weight set and lift weights. I dont focus on one muscle group per night, I lift weights about two hours a night and just do them all.
>
>I start with the shoulders and upper back, then the lower back and abdominals, then the chest, then the arms, then the legs.
>
>Then, right before I go to bed, I go for a quick ten minute jog and do the same amount of push ups and situps.
>
>This USED to keep me in excellent shape. But these last few months my appetite has exploded, and I have fed the monster nothing but fatting junk food and fast food. Oh, and my alcohol consumption has gone up. Now I am starting to get a "beer belly". I'm not happy about it, but hey, I really dont feel like trying to get rid of it, so I wont......

that's good mesh, but you shouldn't work out more than two muscle groups per day.
The best way is to do two groups per day, around three or four movements per group. each movement can consist of approx 4 sets of 10. This can be adjusted to your individual needs and wants.
a good routine would look like this:
monday - chest and triceps
tuesday - traps and lats (neck and shoulders)
wednesday - back and biceps
thursday - legs

Then take the next three days off. Of course you can do non-weightlifting exercises as much as you want, but when pushing iron, off-time is as important as on-time. If you don't allow your muscles time to grow and replenish themselves, you won't see any results.
Everytime you work a muscle group, what you are actually doing is breaking them down at the molecular level, and by consuming protein and resting them they will grow bigger and stronger.
My youngest son is a competetive bodybuilder, currently mr. teen Kentucky.

iggy Posted: Fri Jan 30 22:45:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i agree with simonvii and hif here, mesh...

u gotta give ur muscles some rest for it to grow dude.
that's why i work a different group everytime i go to the gym.

anyway it's 60% diet and 40% exercise.
u gotta monitor what u eat as well.

the reason why i'm not maximising my muscle growth is due to the junk i eat hahah ... watever. all i need is more defination hahahahaha

Mesh Posted: Fri Jan 30 23:34:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  simonvii said:
>meshuggah said:
>
>>Then when I get home, I do the same amount of pushups and situps. Then I go to my nice weight set and lift weights. I dont focus on one muscle group per night, I lift weights about two hours a night and just do them all.
>>
>>I start with the shoulders and upper back, then the lower back and abdominals, then the chest, then the arms, then the legs.
>>
>dude u do a lot...side note - its really bad for ur body to work the same muscle groups two days in a row...why? i think its because when you lift u stretch the muscles out and then contract them, and so it makes them stronger, but if you dont allow a day in between for rest, the muscles cant grow...also that day of rest in between will help you be able to lift more weight...p.s. sit ups and pushups can be done every day whenever because you use ur abs pretty much everytime u move anyway and because pushups work interior muscles in your shoulders, building a perfect base for upper body lifting...anyway just a thought, thats why most people alternate legs one day, upper body the next, so they can lift everyday without a day off in between...

Yeah. I used to do every other day, and take saturdays and sundays off. Then weightlifting became an obsession. And now I just cant bring myself to take a break. I go one day without lifting weights and I feel as though I have commited a great sin.

Its a mental thing. Probably should see someone about it. Along with many other things.

antartica Posted: Fri Jan 30 23:51:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  when in dingapore in the gym monday to fri... sometimes sat, but very rarely.

1, 3, 5, normally with the Chanz doing the weights thing, but normally a 15-20 min quick cardio for general warm up. on to the weights for at least 45 mins. usually monday shounders, Wed chest, fri back / legs

but after all that it's the usual 200 - 300 crunches / leg raises or till i give up, and then bicep curls. i think we spend at least 2 hours each time.

tue / thu i go in myslef sometimes to do cardio, like run for 45 mins or on a the swing thingy. and some light weights & of course crunches.

over here in Kazzy, i'm not a morning person, so i get up, shove cereal down my throat and run off to work, but in the evenings if i'm not to knackered from work it's a routine press ups (20 ea time), 30-50 crunches, shoulder dips (30ea) for about 4 or 5 sets.

Addi, once you get used to it, even the 4 sets of crunches / press ups / dips can't take you more than half hour tops... initially you may feel it's like climbing up mount everest upside down, but start real shlow....

mebbe you could do some thing like:

press ups (there are different types so vary them) mebbe 10 per rep

crunches / leg raises 20/rep

dips (for shoulders) 20-30

and don't rush yourself, nor go too slow else it's no use...

and make yourself do the complete 4-5 sets... depending on your target for at least 3 times a week first.

and you'll see that with in 2-3 weeks you get so used to it that you HAVE to do it...

=)

antartica Posted: Fri Jan 30 23:54:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hmmm forgot to mention that of course diet is a very important part if you want to do any "trimming", so do watch what ya put in ya gob...haha

i control the intake as well... but it's definitely not easy. so what i do is allow myself a "anytime, anything, anywhere day..."

meaning you can eat anything anytime anywhere. for one day. normally that would be after the sat night out drinking... till sunday sleep... but you'll find that coz you've been keeping yout intake controlled... you can only "force" yourself so many goodies....

Mesh Posted: Sat Jan 31 00:09:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When I actually tried to watch what I ate, I would have some plain bran cereal with a fruit smoothie for breakfast. An apple, orange, or a couple of bananas for a midday snack. A sandwhich with stir fry type stuff in it on wheat bread for lunch along with another piece of fruit.

Then some celery or carrots for another between meals snack.

Then for dinner I would have nice big plain grilled chicken with a salad, milk, and an apple. Of course I would mix it up a bit.

But I just stopped giving a damn.

Though I have been reading in several powerlifting magazines lately about reduced carb diets modified specificaly to fit the needs of weightlifters. I was thinking about maybe starting one middle of next month sometime, but I want to read more about it first.

Yes yes, I know lifting everyday doesnot help me at all. Believe me, I hear about it all the time from friends who lift weights, I am just stubborn and obsessive and its hard to make myself stop.

Also. I dont know much about creatine. I usually consider things like that cheating, but I was considering using it for three or four weeks. Any of you know much about it? If it would be worth it?

I am thinking I would probably just not use it though.

Mesh Posted: Sat Jan 31 00:10:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey ant, whats the climate like over there in kaza land?

Mesh Posted: Sat Jan 31 00:25:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There are a couple of weightlifting books I have that are pretty good, might want to give them a look.

Built Hard, by Charlie Mann

The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, by Arnold Schwarznegger and Bill Dobbins

Also, I dont have it,but weight lifting for dummies would probably be a good one too.

Also, there was something else I was going to say in this post but I cant to remember. But as soon as I hit post I will remember. God Damnit.

antartica Posted: Sat Jan 31 00:43:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Hey ant, whats the climate like over there in kaza land?

hey dude... it's a warm day today. the sun is up... cloudless beautiful blue skies and it's a warm and about -15 Celcius this morning... =P

antartica Posted: Sat Jan 31 00:51:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>When I actually tried to watch what I ate, I would have some plain bran cereal with a fruit smoothie for breakfast. An apple, orange, or a couple of bananas for a midday snack. A sandwhich with stir fry type stuff in it on wheat bread for lunch along with another piece of fruit.
>
>Then some celery or carrots for another between meals snack.
>
>
>Then for dinner I would have nice big plain grilled chicken with a salad, milk, and an apple. Of course I would mix it up a bit.
>
>

you got it right and wrong dude... it's high fibre and good protien but you'd be surprised how much carbo is hidden in some veges and stuff...

but heck, as long as you're happy and healthy who's to squeak!

>But I just stopped giving a damn.
>
>Though I have been reading in several powerlifting magazines lately about reduced carb diets modified specificaly to fit the needs of weightlifters. I was thinking about maybe starting one middle of next month sometime, but I want to read more about it first.
>
>Yes yes, I know lifting everyday doesnot help me at all. Believe me, I hear about it all the time from friends who lift weights, I am just stubborn and obsessive and its hard to make myself stop.
>
lifting everyday, once you get used to it.... is worst than an addiction... one day away from the iron and you feel like a different person... i know what you mean. the first 2 weeks in here away from dingapore and i feel funny... tts y i'm doin all those static stuff at the apartment... but mebbe what you can do is try to regulate it a bit?

ya'know like instead of doing "everything" why not try group targetting?

like what i do, shoulders, and then the next day another droup of muscles kinda related to shoulders, eg. back or upper chest and after that mebbe lower back and full chest...

that way you give the targetted group time to recover too

>
>Also. I dont know much about creatine. I usually consider things like that cheating, but I was considering using it for three or four weeks. Any of you know much about it? If it would be worth it?
>

it's not so much of cheating really, but supps like these do help in your recovery. even in between reps. like mis it up as a work out drink. not to gulp in a go, but sip in between reps to assist recovery...

>I am thinking I would probably just not use it though.

but unless you are going to join Mr.Olympia, it's not really necessary. with the amount of work out and running and stuff ya do it should be alrite.

like for me... at times i drink really excessively. in dingapore a normal week would include an average of 3 - 4 bottles of Chivas. and some gin or vodka here and there. food is controlled. but 2 packs a day... i dunno what the real impact is, but i feel that one sorta balances out the other...

Mesh Posted: Sat Jan 31 00:58:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  On a related topic. What kind of music do you guys listen to while working out to get you going?

Me, I listen to Meshuggah, Hatebreed, Six Feet Under, Pantera, DJ Dara, the Lola Rennt soundtrack, or Sasha and John Digweed

antartica Posted: Sat Jan 31 01:04:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hmmm....

when at the gym i have to say whatever is on the P.A. system haha... can't be bothered to carry a disc man around...

when alone... i just put the tv on VH1 or MCM and get it on...

iggy Posted: Sat Jan 31 01:05:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  there's a stereo at the rockclimbing centre there. i like playing the mission impossible soundtrack when i boulder hahahahaha.

if not it's hip hop i guess...

sweet p Posted: Sat Jan 31 01:54:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>for the lower abs I lie flat on my back and lift my legs up in a 45 angle and then slowly down again without my ankles toutching the floor, and then back up (that's the hardest excersise of them all)

That excersise does actually work your abs well but it's also very bad for your lower back. Though, I notice it much more because I have scoliosis and this causes some difficulties when working out. But for people who don't do them often and are thinking of starting, make sure you either put a towel under your lower back, or even use your hands to support it or it could possibly cause damage [moreso if repeated regularily].

As for my routine, I do 200 situps and some push ups every other day...yesterday I got up to 10 push ups [I know that sounds lame but they're hard for me to do properly].

And once a week, I head to the gym at my univeristy for an abdominal workout class.

Every 2 weeks, I will feel like working out at the gym and there, I really really like using the rowing machine. I sometimes use the bikes and do some weight lifting [but the weight lifting area is intimidating...full of enormous guys and girls that look like guys].

I used to jog around my block once a week but that has ceased with the larger amounts of slush that have accumulated.

Mesh Posted: Sat Jan 31 02:00:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  

>erm.... thinking of taking up either thai kickboxing or hip hop dance. either one of above cos i can cut down on the cardio at the gym so i can spend more time on weights.

Yeah. I have been looking into some sort of martial art. I used to wrestle and it was very much fun. I am think maybe I would try to do krav maga, or muy thai or russian Samooborona Bez Oruzheeya or some other russian spetsnaz martial arts. I doubt I could find anyone who could teach me those last two, but I could probably find instructiors for krav maga or muy thai.

If not, I suppose I would settle for karate or jiu jitsu or tae kwan do or something like that.

iggy Posted: Sat Jan 31 02:32:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
I could probably find instructiors for krav maga or muy thai.
>
>
>If not, I suppose I would settle for karate or jiu jitsu or tae kwan do or something like that.

i think muay thai and jiu jitsu are bettter choices

muay thai is good training. for strength and agility. more practical in my own opinion.

karate, taekwando, judo and aikido all came from jiu jitsu. so if u want the best of all worlds. jiu jitsu will be good.

there;s two more if u want all round martial art training. ask around for mixed martial arts, cos they take the essence of many martial arts and teach u self defence in the easiest but most effective ways.

and there's jeet kun do. which is founded by bruce lee. he took the important details of all the martial arts and concentrate more on effective techique rather than traditional stances which are too rigid at times.
his motto is the best way to attack is the straightest and shortest route.

antartica Posted: Sat Jan 31 02:39:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  always wanted to take up aikido

.....till i heard that story where steven segal got the living daylights beat out of him by a coupla wwf blokes

Mesh Posted: Sat Jan 31 02:53:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>always wanted to take up aikido
>
>.....till i heard that story where steven segal got the living daylights beat out of him by a coupla wwf blokes

One time I had a dream about steven segal, only it wasnt not the real steven segal, but it was steven segal as played by will sasso of mad tv. In this dream, he did all the funny and stupid things he does on the show and in the end I kicked his ass real good. And then I ate some cheesecake and had sex with nicole sullivan and mo collins. AT THE SAME TIME NO LESS!! Ok I added in the part about the sex just to spice the story up. But the cheesecake part I think spices it up enough as it is.

addi Posted: Sat Jan 31 06:54:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>Addi, once you get used to it, even the 4 sets of crunches / press ups / dips can't take you more than half hour tops... initially you may feel it's like climbing up mount everest upside down, but start real shlow....

Thank you for all the good suggestions. I will take it slow. Funny, and sad, to me that I used to be such a jock, always in good shape and doing physical things. And then work, a kid, bills, house work, and the most insidious evil...time. Cigs allowed me to stay thin and look fit, but now that they're gone I'm feeling more energetic and have the desire to start getting into shape again. I'll worry more in the future about what I eat. After suddenly taking away my cruch for over 20 years of smoking I am not about to deny myself the food I want! Some day soon I'll get myself back to looking so good that the construction workers will be whistling at ME when I walk by. WooHoo!

I am really impressed at how many of you work out. I had this mental picture of most of you being fat lazy SOB's, doing nothing but drinking, smoking, and typing on GT, thinking a good workout was walking to the local tatoo parlor. Reading about Sweet P's work out routine just got me all worked up lol!

antartica Posted: Sat Jan 31 07:24:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>I had this mental picture of most of you being fat lazy SOB's, doing nothing but drinking, smoking, and typing on GT,

lookee at my new pic and be inspired!!!

haha

addi Posted: Sat Jan 31 07:31:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>
>lookee at my new pic and be inspired!!!
>
>haha

LOL!!
I saw that one when I swiped the cable surfing picture from you. Thought it was hilarious!
You're lighter skinned than I imagined!

sweet p Posted: Sat Jan 31 13:08:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>addison said:
>>I had this mental picture of most of you being fat lazy SOB's, doing nothing but drinking, smoking, and typing on GT,
>
>lookee at my new pic and be inspired!!!
>
>haha

oy...

sweet p Posted: Sat Jan 31 13:09:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:

>Reading about Sweet P's work out routine just got me all worked up lol!

hey...what's wrong with that!?

hehe your photo is funny : )

FN Posted: Sat Jan 31 13:40:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lol addi your pic :oD

Doing combo's eh.

Is that you by the way, since I saw the I love penguins thingy?

addi Posted: Sat Jan 31 15:19:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>addison said:
>
>>Reading about Sweet P's work out routine just got me all worked up lol!
>
>hey...what's wrong with that!?

Getting plonkers worked up isn't nice : )

addi Posted: Sat Jan 31 15:23:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>Is that you by the way, since I saw the I love penguins thingy?

Ha Ha very funny! No it's not me, but I'll give you bonus points for catching the penguin reference. I didn't think anyone would. i have this feeling not much gets by you, Christophe

*BTW that's a weiner in her hand : )

marsi Posted: Sat Jan 31 15:56:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:

>*BTW that's a weiner in her hand : )

Is this my hand in the morning then?

sweet p Posted: Sat Jan 31 15:58:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Getting plonkers worked up isn't nice : )

: P
I meant what's wrong wit me working out!

addi Posted: Sat Jan 31 17:30:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>I meant what's wrong wit me working out!

I know that's what you meant.lol
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you working out getting all buff and toned and sweaty and curvey and flat stomached and gorgeous and healthy and trim and tight and up and down and one and two and stretch and bend and we must, we must, we must increase our bust! and hold it and hold it annnnnnd DONE! Good job! Now go hit the shower!!

*that one kind of had a life of it's own

addi Posted: Sat Jan 31 17:34:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsi said:
>addison said:
>
>>*BTW that's a weiner in her hand : )
>
>Is this my hand in the morning then?

it's your hand if you want it to be : )
The question then becomes, whose weiner is it?

Kira Posted: Sat Jan 31 20:12:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>
>
>*that one kind of had a life of it's own

I-T-apostrophe-S is not a possessive! Where is that English panda book when we need it?! Somebody save us! Aiya....

Paulo Posted: Sat Jan 31 20:20:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have no work-out routine at all, I have to walk places now as i'm in Uni and have no access to a car (dammit)

Also unlike some people my metabolism is still processing stuff from 1993. I'm pretty happy with my fat hairy gut, I wouldn't mind losing say a stone and a half.

On the subject of my hairy stomach: men shaving body hair off, right or wrong?

Paulo

libra Posted: Sat Jan 31 20:23:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Paulo said:
>I have no work-out routine at all, I have to walk places now as i'm in Uni and have no access to a car (dammit)
>
>Also unlike some people my metabolism is still processing stuff from 1993. I'm pretty happy with my fat hairy gut, I wouldn't mind losing say a stone and a half.
>
>On the subject of my hairy stomach: men shaving body hair off, right or wrong?
>
>Paulo

i'd say that shaving probably isnt a good idea, but waxing could be. depends on how much hair and where it is.

Paulo Posted: Sat Jan 31 20:30:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>i'd say that shaving probably isnt a good idea, but waxing could be. depends on how much hair and where it is.

I'm totally against any kind of hair removal on men's bodies. It might be because I am covered in it. Mat draws particular discomfort from my shoulder hair.

Mesh Posted: Sat Jan 31 20:42:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>addison said:
>>
>>
>>*that one kind of had a life of it's own
>
>I-T-apostrophe-S is not a possessive! Where is that English panda book when we need it?! Somebody save us! Aiya....

I think we know what word I would use here. so ________

addi Posted: Sat Jan 31 21:08:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Paulo said:

> Mat draws particular discomfort from my shoulder hair.

LOL! Paulo just tell mat to quit looking at your shoulders!

addi Posted: Sat Jan 31 21:09:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:

>I think we know what word I would use here. so pooty!

Mesh Posted: Sat Jan 31 21:13:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>meshuggah said:
>
>>I think we know what word I would use here. so pooty!

bahaha, pooty. That word is hilarious. I knew this guy one time when he had, well and upset stummy if you know what I mean, he called it "the pooties"

Also, it ryhmes with booty. And booty and booby are almost identical, aside from one letter, and I like boobies a lot, so pooty is therefor and awesome word.

addi Posted: Sat Jan 31 21:16:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:

>
>bahaha, pooty. That word is hilarious. I knew this guy one time when he had, well and upset stummy if you know what I mean, he called it "the pooties"
>

Oh mesh once again in tears. you are so good for my soul
"the pooties" LOL!!

Blackstar Posted: Sun Feb 1 01:03:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  where i come from pootie is (barely) a euphamism.

but i digress. Workout? pfft.

I only workout when soccer season hits... and usually that just means lotsa running. excessive amounts of running. cross-country style.

Otherwise... because of work i end up going to local concerts quite often. I like jumping in the mosh there. Thats as good a workout as any i've ever gotten at practice most of the time.

Then again... it hurts ALOT afterwards. Being a scrawney white kid doesnt help much in the pit. Oh well.

sweet p Posted: Sun Feb 1 10:50:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Sweet P said:
>
>
>>I meant what's wrong wit me working out!
>
>I know that's what you meant.lol
>There is absolutely nothing wrong with you working out getting all buff and toned and sweaty and curvey and flat stomached and gorgeous and healthy and trim and tight and up and down and one and two and stretch and bend and we must, we must, we must increase our bust! and hold it and hold it annnnnnd DONE! Good job! Now go hit the shower!!
>
>*that one kind of had a life of it's own

OH, I see...
Well then...

Paulo Posted: Sun Feb 1 10:55:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well i'll stop showing him my shoulders when he stops making jokes about my twin sisters!

addi Posted: Sun Feb 1 11:43:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Paulo said:
>Well i'll stop showing him my shoulders when he stops making jokes about my twin sisters!

Mat, quit making jokes about his twin sisters (whatever that means), and Paulo it would help if you'd stop wearing those spagetti strap t-shirts : )

mat_j Posted: Sun Feb 1 12:22:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Paulo said:
>>Well i'll stop showing him my shoulders when he stops making jokes about my twin sisters!
>
>Mat, quit making jokes about his twin sisters (whatever that means), and Paulo it would help if you'd stop wearing those spagetti strap t-shirts : )

Dude you ain't seen Pauls sisters! (mention mine Foamy and i wont make next months space olympics easy for you)

I reckon you should get waxed Paulie, i'll help to do it!!!!

addi Posted: Sun Feb 1 12:29:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>Dude you ain't seen Pauls sisters!

Are they gorgeous?

FN Posted: Sun Feb 1 13:51:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lol addi I can't stop laughing at your painter guy

Mesh Posted: Sun Feb 1 20:29:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Am watching the superbowl. First one I ever watched by the way.

But I loaded up eighty pounds on my curl bar, and for each touch down I will do seven curls. So far three touchdowns. I hope this is a low scoring game. I really do hope so.

bluellama Posted: Mon Feb 2 09:00:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I go to the gym 4-5 nights a week, usually get there about 10 and stay till 12 or so. I ride the stationary bike first, for about half an hour, unless I am really energized, then I may go for an hour or so. Then I do some weights, and I work on my thighs, outter and inner. Then I work on my arms, my gym has some great machines. Next, I do about 500 sit ups. And finally I relax in the suana, do a few laps of the pool, and finish with the hot tub. A nice and relaxing ending.

addi Posted: Mon Feb 2 09:08:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Lol addi I can't stop laughing at your painter guy

Thanks! too bad I didn't have the current one of you when I was doing the "GT Bunch".

*Bluellama, nice to see you around again. That IS a work out! I do believe I could get healthier by just watching you go though that routine : )

FN Posted: Mon Feb 2 10:14:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Christophe said:
>>Lol addi I can't stop laughing at your painter guy
>
>Thanks! too bad I didn't have the current one of you when I was doing the "GT Bunch".
>
>
>*Bluellama, nice to see you around again. That IS a work out! I do believe I could get healthier by just watching you go though that routine : )
>
>

Current one sucks I know but I'll post a better one as soon as possible

iggy Posted: Mon Feb 2 21:56:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  bluellama said:
>I go to the gym 4-5 nights a week, usually get there about 10 and stay till 12 or so. I ride the stationary bike first, for about half an hour, unless I am really energized, then I may go for an hour or so. Then I do some weights, and I work on my thighs, outter and inner. Then I work on my arms, my gym has some great machines. Next, I do about 500 sit ups. And finally I relax in the suana, do a few laps of the pool, and finish with the hot tub. A nice and relaxing ending.

that is an impressive workout.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]