Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

On the road.
Iamjustdancing. Posted: Wed Feb 4 13:13:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Anyone here travel a ton? i mean like seroiusly a lot. For 6 months out of the year i am traveling around the US/Canada (staying in hotel rooms every night, eating three squares a day in resteraunts) I was just wonder how you would stay non-lonely, i have my ways and stuff, but i am always looking for more suggestions! (and i am horribly bored at work so i thought i would type this out :p

FN Posted: Wed Feb 4 13:39:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wait a few years, my company will fulfill all your needs.

addi Posted: Wed Feb 4 13:53:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Wait a few years, my company will fulfill all your needs.

Sounds like a line hif would give a horny 16 year old girl at a party.

Dave I feel for ya. I would hate to have to travel that much for work. I don't know what to tell you, except stay away from female truck drivers.

Archangel Posted: Wed Feb 4 14:14:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>except stay away from female truck drivers.

I would pass along the same advice for male truck drivers as well (unless that's what floats your boat).

Kira Posted: Wed Feb 4 14:30:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What if you got a dog? The smaller breeds can go all sorts of places without much trouble, at least I think so. Some people seem to go everywhere with their little terriers, carrying them in tote bags and things like that.

Of course, as the old Dadism goes: a dog is a big responsibility.

Maybe you could invite some voices into your head....

libra Posted: Wed Feb 4 14:37:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>What if you got a dog? The smaller breeds can go all sorts of places without much trouble, at least I think so. Some people seem to go everywhere with their little terriers, carrying them in tote bags and things like that.
>

dogs are good...but then there's the whole keeping them in the hotel room thing...lotsa places don't like that.

>Of course, as the old Dadism goes: a dog is a big responsibility.
>

i've heard that line sooo many times

>Maybe you could invite some voices into your head....

hehe, voices are fun

Kira Posted: Wed Feb 4 14:55:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Sailovzi said:
>>
>>
>
>dogs are good...but then there's the whole keeping them in the hotel room thing...lotsa places don't like that.
>

That's true, but it's getting a lot easier to find the pet-friendly places. There are dozens of websites and books dedicated to the subject.

>>Of course, as the old Dadism goes: a dog is a big responsibility.
>>
>
>i've heard that line sooo many times
>

My parents nearly killed me with this balderdash when I was a kid. I wanted a dog my neighbor was giving up, and the day after my parents started to think about maybe letting me have her, she was given away to someone else. I still miss that dog. :(

FN Posted: Wed Feb 4 15:09:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Be glad you didn't take it.

Think of the immense pile of shit that you didn't have to clean up and the gallons of dogpiss that you didn't have to scrub out of the carpet

Pets are like kids, they do nothing but eat and crap it out again.

addi Posted: Wed Feb 4 15:16:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>Pets are like kids, they do nothing but eat and crap it out again.

Not True! They also ruin furniture, vomit, poot, and bite you.

*this is coming from an animal owner and lover (No, not that way, Hif!)

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Feb 4 18:08:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Christophe said:
>>Wait a few years, my company will fulfill all your needs.
>
>Sounds like a line hif would give a horny 16 year old girl at a party.
>
hmmmm, where is this party with the horny girl ?

misszero Posted: Wed Feb 4 21:37:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  maybe you could go all 'extreme artist' ala John Keats and Sylvia Plath. You know, instead of resisting your feelings, EMBRACE the lonliness! haha. and then write poems and die. I'm just a youngen now, but I look forward to the periods of intense lonliness and homesickness I'll experience when I travel, and I plan to travel a lot. Luckily, I'm a recluse, so solitude really doesn't bother me all that much. Usually.

*shrugs* I'm an experience junky. If it was me, I'd be writing a lot, reading a lot (this kicks ass for linliness, btw, especially books that are highly character driven - you get to know fictional characters. yes. I have very little real life, but I lead a very rich fantasy life.) Music is awesome too. Or else you could be social and hang out in bars and meet people. Single service friends, dude. Tyler all the way. Just don't get quite so delusional - but feel free to esplode (tee hee) some financial corporations.

Iamjustdancing. Posted: Thu Feb 5 10:01:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have a Tiki bobble head doll in the vehicle with me, and my agents ask me if i talk to it.. I always reply 'duh, its a good friend, but i know when it starts talking back i gotta take a break' Heh i wish i was a writer, but i am not so good at that kinda stuff, i am a more of a reader, but lo and behold its a bitch to read while driving! I must admit it is a very big adventure... i have done it for two summers now, and i am looking forward to this summer too, i just gotta convince my boss that a swimsuit model would sell our product really well, and have her travel with me. (truck drivers are generally cool people actually) (no no no not in the glory hole type way... christ you ppl have sick minds) (and i have only seen like 1 female truck driver, and she had a beard so hmmmm)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]