Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

polyheme
simonvii Posted: Fri Feb 13 12:29:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  so on the news it just said they're testing this new blood substitute for trauma care pt.s...apparently it takes up to 45 min.s to determine a pt.'s blood type and then do the transfusion, but this blood substitute, polyheme, can be used on any blood type and has a shelf life of 1 year...it'll supposedly increase the survival rate of trauma victims by a huge number...sounds like a good idea

antartica Posted: Sat Feb 14 00:28:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  cool
sounds lots better than ringers lactate... that's the usual fluid replacement we used to use... also used to back up drinks when we ran out of water in the field... much to the dismay of the doc... but only when really desparate and with his permission of course... LoL!

yo simon7... u a medic or doc or ???

simonvii Posted: Sat Feb 14 13:08:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>cool
>sounds lots better than ringers lactate... that's the usual fluid replacement we used to use... also used to back up drinks when we ran out of water in the field... much to the dismay of the doc... but only when really desparate and with his permission of course... LoL!
>
>yo simon7... u a medic or doc or ???

naw man, i just thought it was interesting...and i was bored

antartica Posted: Sun Feb 15 04:37:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  simonvii said:
>naw man, i just thought it was interesting...and i was bored

LoL!
still interesting =)

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Feb 15 09:42:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jackie chan used coconut milk in one of his movies . . .

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]