Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

A little clarification on the poll...
Malik Posted: Sun Feb 15 00:41:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Is it asking if you recognize the holiday of Valentine's day as being in existance in your country/region/culture/etc, or is it asking if you do anything special for it?

I'd answer yes to the first one, but no to the second.

(And just a suggestion, I think it would be cool if there was a new forum topic that was created for each poll, and a link was put to that topic in the poll box. It's just 'cause a good deal of the polls have been discussed. Just one of those random things.)

libra Posted: Sun Feb 15 03:12:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not sure what it means either. I was going to put no, cause i didn't do anything special (except for get See's candy from my parents). But I could see it the other way around as well. I dunno, just put whatever you feel like for the poll, and then type out what you really mean in the forum...

marsi Posted: Sun Feb 15 05:27:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  We knew about Valentine's day from the movies. But then a few years ago the stores started to sell heart-shaped candies and roses. And the media started to tell us what Valentine's day means. And there are more people every year buying candies and roses. And I guess in a few more years people will forget that this is not really our holiday and that it was started only to sell more stuff.
It is sad to see how easy media can change the opinions and beliefs.

novemberrain Posted: Sun Feb 15 11:48:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah. Sometimes you can't answer the poll question with just a yes or a no.

webmaster Posted: Mon Feb 16 11:14:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novrain said:
>Yeah. Sometimes you can't answer the poll question with just a yes or a no.

Points noted. I shall be more careful with the poll options.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]