Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

help a brotha out
marsteller Posted: Mon Feb 16 17:20:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ok....i've been wanting to get a tatoo for a while now, and finally i've come up with an idea that i like...i want a picture of a sun, but i want the rays of the sun to be eyes...the problem is, i haven't been able to find a picture of an eye that will look good....help?

FN Posted: Mon Feb 16 17:22:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Here's a picture of my eye :o)

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/nevermore/6225217.jpg

FN Posted: Mon Feb 16 17:25:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wouldn't get a tattoo if I were you though.

You seem like a reasonably young guy and chances are you'll end up regretting it.

My advice that you didn't ask for but that I'll give anyway: make up your mind about the tattoo you want, and wait for another 3-6 months or so, and if you're still sure about it do it then, but I wouldn't do it withing the first half year of so after you've found a design you like

marsteller Posted: Mon Feb 16 17:27:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, im only 21 years old....i've been wanting a tat since like 4th grade, always just thought they were cool...my brother (19 yrs old) got one of a celtic cross last summer...and i've had this idea for the design for a good few months now, just haven't had the kinda cash to even think about gettin a tattoo...probably still going to wait until the end of next summer, just so it has time to heal without me being at the beach gettin all salty and sunburnt and stuff

FN Posted: Mon Feb 16 17:29:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Be carefull man you don't always get what you wish for.

Chances are the result isn't what you imagined it to be since you seem to have been hyping it up for quite a while

novemberrain Posted: Mon Feb 16 17:52:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>ok....i've been wanting to get a tatoo for a while now, and finally i've come up with an idea that i like...i want a picture of a sun, but i want the rays of the sun to be eyes...the problem is, i haven't been able to find a picture of an eye that will look good....help?

Go to a tattoo artist and descibe your idea. They'll sketch it out for you and then it can be altered accordingly to your wishes.

I do agree with Christophe in that you should wait a bit before you get it. After you get a sketch/design of your idea that you like, hang onto it for a while. Because what you like today you may not like a week from now.

However, if it is something that means something to you (as in, not just chosen because it looks cool, etc), I don't think you will end up regreting it.

I don't regret mine.

marsteller Posted: Mon Feb 16 18:02:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  actually, i've been thinking about having my girlfriend come with me, and having the artist sketch and use her eye for the design...im sure many of you will disagree with this, but she is the girl im going to end up with for the rest of my life...soon as im financially independent, that is

Asswipe Posted: Mon Feb 16 18:04:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hahaha

novemberrain Posted: Mon Feb 16 18:36:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>actually, i've been thinking about having my girlfriend come with me, and having the artist sketch and use her eye for the design...im sure many of you will disagree with this, but she is the girl im going to end up with for the rest of my life...soon as im financially independent, that is

oh boy

not that I am against using your girlfriend as a model...I'm sure she has lovely eyes. And I'm glad you think you found the girl you want to spend the rest of your life with.

however, for the sake of argument, say things don't work out the way you want. If things go badly between you and her, you'd probably be reminded of that everytime you looked at your tattoo. Which is the precise reason you should never get a significant other's name tattooed on you. (a good example being Johnny Depp and his 'Winona Forever' tattoo. He had part of it erased and now it reads 'Wino Forever.')

marsteller Posted: Mon Feb 16 18:45:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, but gonna get the tat on my back so i don't have to look at it if i don't want to

novemberrain Posted: Mon Feb 16 19:00:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>yeah, but gonna get the tat on my back so i don't have to look at it if i don't want to

lol

good call.

antartica Posted: Tue Feb 17 01:06:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yo mars...

having the same girl to share your life (as you have mentioned) you KNOW your girlfriend is THE one... happy for you...

but i dunno about the "modeling" part, it is considered "bad practice" to put names or anything of a person - esp a partner for a tattoo... i'm glad i didn't put my ex's name! and then i seriously thought she was IT!

so think carefully
take your time
try to picture what it would be like on your skin

(BTW your back is the largest peice of "canvas" you have. so think carefully before you put a drop of ink on it in case you ever decide to use it for anything else.... )

plan it for a whole week, month, year!
dun matter how long it takes.
don't get one that you'll look at, slap yourself silly and think "WHY DA F**K DID I EVER DO THAT!!!"

and once you've decided on the spot you realli want it:

scout about for a nice studio

talk to the artists - you gotta be comfortable with a guy who's gonna poke a million holes in ya skin!

get em to draw up the design for u - you want a really customised design so you'll never worry that some one else has a cut and paste as well...

and only then do you do it...

oh.. and IF you get it, let us know... and hopefully ya can show us a picture as well.. =)

marsteller Posted: Tue Feb 17 01:13:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, i already know where on my back and about how big....and there are a few good studios around here that im comfortable with, having gone with friends when they got inked...i'll be sure to keep you guys posted.

antartica Posted: Tue Feb 17 01:16:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>yeah, i already know where on my back and about how big....and there are a few good studios around here that im comfortable with, having gone with friends when they got inked...i'll be sure to keep you guys posted.

SHWEEEET!

have fun... just remember this... as much as some one tells you

NAH! it aint gonna hurt one bit!... Tell them to go get F**Ked! haha...

and tattoo's are addictive... so remember the part about your canvas eh...
mine's all screwed already...

novemberrain Posted: Tue Feb 17 05:51:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>SHWEEEET!
>
>have fun... just remember this... as much as some one tells you
>
>NAH! it aint gonna hurt one bit!... Tell them to go get F**Ked! haha...
>
>and tattoo's are addictive... so remember the part about your canvas eh...
>mine's all screwed already...

hehe
hell yeah they are addictive
I'm already planning my next one

mat_j Posted: Tue Feb 17 07:29:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>yeah, im only 21 years old....i've been wanting a tat since like 4th grade, always just thought they were cool...my brother (19 yrs old) got one of a celtic cross last summer...and i've had this idea for the design for a good few months now, just haven't had the kinda cash to even think about gettin a tattoo...probably still going to wait until the end of next summer, just so it has time to heal without me being at the beach gettin all salty and sunburnt and stuff

You got celtic roots?

marsteller Posted: Tue Feb 17 11:46:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  not exactly celtic, but irish....like 45% or so....my mom's family came over during the days of the potato famine

FN Posted: Tue Feb 17 11:57:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Seriously man, I'm happy that you like your girlfriend and all but you should always start from the thought that someday you'll break up with her when talking about stuff like this, seriously.

If you break up with her and you know her eye is on your back you'll always know it's there, even if you can't see it, and whenever anybody new asks you about it you'll be thinking about how naieve you were.

If you really think you'll still be with the same girl 80-90 years from now (average life expectancy by then if you're around 20 now last thing I heard) that's nice for you but you can never be sure she thinks the same and even if she does that doesn't mean shit and you know it.

I'm a romantic as well but for something so longlasting I think you really should know better.

marsteller Posted: Tue Feb 17 14:51:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, im aware that the whole thing might end up not working out...we've got a ways to go, still kinda growing up and all...but she's still a good friend of mine, known her since like 9th grade, and really couldn't see myself ever having any kind of animosity towards her...so i don't think a picture of her eye would really bother me that much...like using her eye, as opposed to a random eye, would give the tat meaning to her, which is ok...but wouldn't give it all that much more meaning to me....i basically just want it because i think it'll look cool

novemberrain Posted: Tue Feb 17 14:57:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you might not think it will look cool years from now.

I had to talk my friend out of getting a grim reaper tattoo on her forearm. she wanted it because she thought it would look cool.

FN Posted: Tue Feb 17 15:03:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  How "cool" will it look when you're 80 and you can't see it through the wrinkles

marsteller Posted: Tue Feb 17 15:58:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, but if you're 80 and wrinkly you look like shit anyway

FN Posted: Tue Feb 17 16:13:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>yeah, but if you're 80 and wrinkly you look like shit anyway

True.

sweet p Posted: Tue Feb 17 16:38:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think you should design the eye yourself...try to draw it out. If that's too hard, find someone you know who can draw, and explain to them exactly what you want.

I find that using your own art makes it more meaningful and less likely for you to get sick of it quickly.

antartica Posted: Wed Feb 18 02:08:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>yeah, but if you're 80 and wrinkly you look like shit anyway

dun intend to and dun think i can live that long anyway... haha

FN Posted: Wed Feb 18 14:05:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ant what's up with that pic.

Is that like an extremely hairy nipple or something?

libra Posted: Wed Feb 18 19:52:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Ant what's up with that pic.
>
>Is that like an extremely hairy nipple or something?

how do you see a hairy nipple.

I think ant's picture could be used as one of those personality test things...instead of inkblots..

addi Posted: Wed Feb 18 20:01:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I glad Chistophe said that first. That's why I asked ant about it this morning (I kept starring at it and it always came back looking like J jackson's nipple. Once he told me it was a winter scene with trees and snow I could see it. Bless his little heart! I think it just got shrunk too much. lol

libra Posted: Thu Feb 19 01:13:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>I glad Chistophe said that first. That's why I asked ant about it this morning (I kept starring at it and it always came back looking like J jackson's nipple. Once he told me it was a winter scene with trees and snow I could see it. Bless his little heart! I think it just got shrunk too much. lol

I cannot for the life of me see the nipple...weird

marsteller Posted: Thu Feb 19 01:15:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  look at it as a profile

antartica Posted: Thu Feb 19 01:16:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>addison said:
>>I glad Chistophe said that first. That's why I asked ant about it this morning (I kept starring at it and it always came back looking like J jackson's nipple. Once he told me it was a winter scene with trees and snow I could see it. Bless his little heart! I think it just got shrunk too much. lol
>
>I cannot for the life of me see the nipple...weird

you dun say...
now my pictures are becoming psycho-analysis pics! haha

hmm... must put up more strange pics!

Kira Posted: Thu Feb 19 01:39:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>
>
>I cannot for the life of me see the nipple...weird

I can see it. Darn you Christophe! I liked it better when I thought it was spilt salt.

mat_j Posted: Thu Feb 19 05:36:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>not exactly celtic, but irish....like 45% or so....my mom's family came over during the days of the potato famine

So you do have Celtic roots then

addi Posted: Thu Feb 19 07:00:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>you dun say...
>now my pictures are becoming psycho-analysis pics! haha
>
>hmm... must put up more strange pics!

LOL! Better your pics being psychoanaylized than you ant!

My shot at your current pic: A frost pattern of a dragon on a window, right?

antartica Posted: Thu Feb 19 07:03:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>LOL! Better your pics being psychoanaylized than you ant!
>
>My shot at your current pic: A frost pattern of a dragon on a window, right?

heh heh....
i'll let a few more plink-plonks take a shot first before i let it out

addi Posted: Thu Feb 19 07:17:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>heh heh....
>i'll let a few more plink-plonks take a shot first before i let it out

Ludwig wants to take a shot at it...
He says it's the end of a painted white finger, and the dragon is a design on the fingernail.
I told him to quit sniffin glue
he told me to bug off

marsi Posted: Thu Feb 19 09:14:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Ludwig wants to take a shot at it...
>He says it's the end of a painted white finger, and the dragon is a design on the fingernail.

That could be it.

I can't see the hairy nipple - must be the plonkers view.

First I thought it was a blue stone with a dragon scratched on it.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 19 09:28:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsi said:

>I can't see the hairy nipple - must be the plonkers view.

LOL!! any plonker seeing a hairy nipple on ant's pic now has some serious issues to deal with.
(it was the previous pic ant used, marsi)

marsi Posted: Thu Feb 19 09:39:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>(it was the previous pic ant used, marsi)

I am relieved. Didn't want to say it, but was thinking there must be something seriously wrong with plonkers (or with me ;-) )

antartica Posted: Thu Feb 19 09:48:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsi said:
>addison said:
>>(it was the previous pic ant used, marsi)
>
>I am relieved. Didn't want to say it, but was thinking there must be something seriously wrong with plonkers (or with me ;-) )

dun wori about it... it's not you.. it's us plonkers... LoL!!!

goto
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?p=dict&String=exact&Acronym=PLONKER

libra Posted: Thu Feb 19 13:32:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's a tattoo on a back, but its in negative...so the colors are different.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 19 13:37:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>It's a tattoo on a back, but its in negative...so the colors are different.

By Jove! I believe you're right Libra!
You win the cigar!

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 02:54:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>It's a tattoo on a back, but its in negative...so the colors are different.

wow! exactomundo!

drats... have to change my pic now..

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 02:56:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and it's a tat2 on a lower back, dragon design... and it's mine...

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]