Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Patrick's gonna be a loser in life
Aeon Posted: Wed Feb 18 12:17:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No matter how hard I try and promise myself that I'm gonna go to college and do all my homework and everything... I just can't. Something in me won't let me. If I don't make all A's and B's this semester I lose my scholarship. Yet I have no will to try. I have no inspiration... I already missed my first exam in one of my classes and have missed the most I can in my other class, however I am doing extremely well in my writing poetry class and religious studies class... the other two don't take attendence... but I still miss the classes and feel bad. I'm a loser!

sorry to whine.

FN Posted: Wed Feb 18 12:19:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Only have yourself to talk for that.

I know a lot of people who are like you when talking about schoolwork and so on.

I'm one of them but if one of my grades starts to go down I make sure I get it right again.

Just show some character and think of the money you'll make

FN Posted: Wed Feb 18 12:20:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  talk=thank

misszero Posted: Wed Feb 18 12:20:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you're not a loser. (I'M a loser, okay buddy, it even says so on my shoes.) sounds like me all through my final year. things work out, dude. i mean, I know that cliched and all that. but hey, its what I've found. i have faith in you.

and if it doesn't work out, we can go on the dole together. dole-bludging is fun. lol

libra Posted: Wed Feb 18 13:43:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know what you mean patrick, I get like that in some classes. I go to them all, but I don't try as hard as I should, and I know I could get straight A's if I put a little more effort/time into things...I don't know how to fix it for myself, so I dunno what to tell you, except that it doesn't make you a loser.

marsi Posted: Wed Feb 18 14:49:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know what you are talking about.
It's called laziness.
I think everybody has the same problems, exceptions are the extreme workoholics. Taking the easy way out. At least the easy way at that particular moment, but not necessarily in the long run.

Decide what you want. If that scholarship isn't important to you, why bother. If you don't want to go to school, no problem, there are other things you can do in life.

But if you want that scholarship stop telling yourself you can't do it. I know, it is so hard to begin, there are so many excuses and so many other things to do... But it gets easier when you begin and you do it the next day and the next day. Shut down the computer and start studying.

FN Posted: Wed Feb 18 15:02:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Don't fuck school up man seriously I know a lot of people who have grown to hate themselves because of it.

You can achieve a lot by discipline.

Kira Posted: Wed Feb 18 15:41:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If I was in school I'd probably be doing the same. Probably worse.

What are you aiming for--brain surgeon? You said you'd be happiest if you could just write. Unless you have high ambitions, why make yourself miserable in school?

Pay the bills, keep ahead of writer's block. Chill out!

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 18 16:03:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cool. I'm a loser too.

simonvii Posted: Wed Feb 18 18:19:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>No matter how hard I try and promise myself that I'm gonna go to college and do all my homework and everything... I just can't. Something in me won't let me. If I don't make all A's and B's this semester I lose my scholarship. Yet I have no will to try. I have no inspiration... I already missed my first exam in one of my classes and have missed the most I can in my other class, however I am doing extremely well in my writing poetry class and religious studies class... the other two don't take attendence... but I still miss the classes and feel bad. I'm a loser!
>
>
>
>sorry to whine.

dont be sorry...maybe we need more losers...the way i see it is everyone i know gets up everyday to some monotonous life where they spend all their time working a job they hate to buy things they dont need and are never satisfied with...i dont claim to have advice, except to say that whenever i hear someone plead with people the way u have in this post everybody says the same thing- buckle down, just stick with it, make sure you stay in school, u shouldnt quit etc...id say the opposite - do what u want man, dont be satisfied with what everybody else says cuz everybody else has been doing the same thing forever and theyre all the same anyways...sometimes i feel like i should pity people who have it all together, cuz without desperation i wouldnt ever accomplish anything...suffering and hunger and pain and confusion are part of the experience of being a human, take any of that away and what do you have?
man i say do something wild, something that hasnt been done, that u would be advised against...like they say in fight club, never be complete

marsteller Posted: Wed Feb 18 21:24:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Soy un perdador
Im a loser baby
So why don't ya kill me?

Blackstar Posted: Thu Feb 19 00:20:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  im headed down the same track, big deal.
Im looking forward to hitting bottom.
maybe you're in it for the wrong reasons. i only get things done so my friends dont suffer. thats about it. so... i put myself into situations where my friends are counting on me. its the only thing that gets me going at all anymore.

find your reason.
you'll get movin.

antartica Posted: Thu Feb 19 00:43:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Don't fuck school up man seriously I know a lot of people who have grown to hate themselves because of it.

erm.... what if school fucked you?
like i mean. really fucked you and you actually get an invitation to leave?

antartica Posted: Thu Feb 19 00:54:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>No matter how hard I try and promise myself that I'm gonna go to college and do all my homework and everything... I just can't. Something in me won't let me. If I don't make all A's and B's this semester I lose my scholarship. Yet I have no will to try. I have no inspiration... I already missed my first exam in one of my classes and have missed the most I can in my other class, however I am doing extremely well in my writing poetry class and religious studies class... the other two don't take attendence... but I still miss the classes and feel bad. I'm a loser!
>
>
>
>sorry to whine.

dude... no one here i know of is a loser...

but i know for a fact that i suck at many things... but that dun mean the end of the world...
just take it easy... kick back a bit, and have a real think if ya really doing what ya really wants to do...

have a read of this...

http://www.generationterrorists.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=view&thread_id=34225

red Posted: Thu Feb 19 04:08:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  College isn't everything, but sometimes it helps. It really depends on what you want to do with your life. Figure out what you want to do and just go do it.

iggy Posted: Thu Feb 19 04:39:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  college isn't everything. but the paper is worth something.

it's sad cos in the real world, most people are just interested in a paper.

somehow people just give more credit and respect to that.

i'm not too sure abt the rest of the world... but in dingapore, the basic requirement these days is a college degree.

a diploma will get u somewhere but in the long run, u'll just see everyone else rise above u in the hiereachy.

that's why i says, join the resistance.
all u need is to stick your middle finger out and say fuck all to everything

antartica Posted: Thu Feb 19 05:16:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>college isn't everything. but the paper is worth something.
>
>it's sad cos in the real world, most people are just interested in a paper.
>
>somehow people just give more credit and respect to that.
>
>i'm not too sure abt the rest of the world... but in dingapore, the basic requirement these days is a college degree.
>
>a diploma will get u somewhere but in the long run, u'll just see everyone else rise above u in the hiereachy.
>
>that's why i says, join the resistance.
>all u need is to stick your middle finger out and say fuck all to everything

so sad but so true

webmaster Posted: Thu Feb 19 08:04:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There's no easy answer to this. No matter where you are, paper qualification is important. If you're not performing well in your studies because you're not interested in your subjects, then I'd say take some time (even if it means wasting a year or two) to find and study what you're really interested in. Very naturally, you will do well.

And as many have pointed out, that doesn't make you a loser. Five years ago I quit my job to bum around for half a year. During that time, GT came about. And it ain't too bad. And I haven't worked a single day ever since then. And that ain't too bad.

misszero Posted: Thu Feb 19 08:09:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  if you find something you like doing, you'll never work a day in your life.

you know, I'm trying to reassure myself at the same time. I start uni (college) tomorrow, and I'm super scared. me = anti-social.

antartica Posted: Thu Feb 19 08:14:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>if you find something you like doing, you'll never work a day in your life.
>
>you know, I'm trying to reassure myself at the same time. I start uni (college) tomorrow, and I'm super scared. me = anti-social.

hey Ms0... dun think of it that way...
rememeber always: it's not you... it's the rest of the world that's messed up...

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw

addi Posted: Thu Feb 19 08:17:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>if you find something you like doing, you'll never work a day in your life.
>
>you know, I'm trying to reassure myself at the same time. I start uni (college) tomorrow, and I'm super scared. me = anti-social.

You know we believe in you!
A week from now you'll be saying,"Why was I scared? There's some cool people here, and the rest are just twits anyway."

misszero Posted: Thu Feb 19 08:25:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hooray for pregnant goldfish.

heh

i'm very much looking forward to the content of my courses. I figure I can bury myself in this if all else fails.

iggy Posted: Thu Feb 19 21:54:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i had 2 friends in uni who were my fellow founding members of my production crew. they were bloody geniuses when it came to production and were singled out by the western australia film community to be people to watch out for in the future.

but one of them was kicked out from uni cos he failed his core units (which were theory units, super boring shit) once too often.

it's a waste of fricking talent cos most of the production houses want to see a cert.

he eventually got back into uni, and i'm checking on him once in a while to make sure he passes those.

people sometimes don't see the talent and rather skip the important stuff in life and prefer to judge a person's caliber with grades and papers.

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 02:48:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  whoo pee...
look at me, i have my cert, the uni's awared me my degree
now i can go get a job paying me a few thousand dollars a month to sit at a table and do fuck-all all day and when i have things to do i don't even enjoy it!

i have totally no fucking clue why i took that business course when i wanted to really sit down and write. and now i have no idea what i want to do anymore...

get to school
get your papers
get a job
get a wife
get a house
get a car
get a kid
sell the car
get a suv

what happened to get a life?

*sorry... feeling kinda crappy...

addi Posted: Fri Feb 20 07:19:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>get to school
>get your papers
>get a job
>get a wife
>get a house
>get a car
>get a kid
>sell the car
>get a suv
>
>.....
>
>what happened to get a life?

you just hit the nail on the head, ant.
You're going along doing what's necessary to get by in life, and then one day you stop for a breather, look around in disbelief and shock at the deep hole you've dug yourself into, and say, "How did this happen? When did this happen? Why did I let this happen?"
and then, realizing at this point there's little you can do about it, you pick up the shovel and continue to dig.

*now there's a zippity do da happy post for ya! lol

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 07:30:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  if i thought it wouldn't cause them any trouble, I swear I would just not register my kids officially. they could then avoid dealings with the government. I'd raise them in a commune.

but yeah. none of that will happen. but still.

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 07:31:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i want very badly to be satisfied by the whole 50's domestic housewife thing. and I think i've now convinced myself that I could be. I really do like pleasing people *gives ant a warning look*

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 07:34:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>i want very badly to be satisfied by the whole 50's domestic housewife thing. and I think i've now convinced myself that I could be. I really do like pleasing people *gives ant a warning look*

yes?????

addi Posted: Fri Feb 20 07:41:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>i want very badly to be satisfied by the whole 50's domestic housewife thing. and I think i've now convinced myself that I could be. I really do like pleasing people *gives ant a warning look*

lol! You're safe with ant. He's too busy trying to keep his johnson warm in Krapitzcoldstan. It's Ludwig you need to worry about ! : )

and how was the first day of college?

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 07:45:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  alright, but exhausting. first actual class is on tuesday. I went to some art galleries today, and now I'm scared again about the standard of work expected.

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 07:47:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dammit....
forgot about that totally!
bloody pink & purple polka dotted elephunks!

yeah.. so how was school MS.0?

addi Posted: Fri Feb 20 07:52:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>I went to some art galleries today, and now I'm scared again about the standard of work expected.

Excellent! That's the way it should be. You should be scared if there's a low standard expected of you. What little I know about you Jizzy I do know that you're intelligent, and will have few problems meeting their academic expectations. I appreciate higher expectations from me. I see lower expectations as an insult to my intelligence.

addi Posted: Fri Feb 20 07:58:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>dammit....
>forgot about that totally!
>bloody pink & purple polka dotted elephunks!
>
I bet you were having visions of Ms. Oh greeting you at the door after a hard day at the office with a martini in hand, and only wearing an apron and spiked 50's heels. lol

or maybe that was my vision

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 07:59:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>antartica said:
>>dammit....
>>forgot about that totally!
>>bloody pink & purple polka dotted elephunks!
>>
>I bet you were having visions of Ms. Oh greeting you at the door after a hard day at the office with a martini in hand, and only wearing an apron and spiked 50's heels. lol
>
>or maybe that was my vision

"I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW....."

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 07:59:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  it sounds like something I would do.... I DID just buy an apron....

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:00:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  HMMM
a full apron or a half apron?

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:02:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  (man, this is just asking for it.)

half.

:S

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:04:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  HA HA!!!

better to ask than to take eh :p

welllll... we could do a modified Empire Records eh....

addi Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:05:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Schwing

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:06:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  how may I service you?

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:07:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  now THAT is really asking for it!
haha

addi Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:07:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>how may I service you?

after you, ant

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:09:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hehe. yes it was.

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:09:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>how may I service you?

hmmm

lets start with that martini... 2 olives for me please

Addi... whaddya'll have?

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:12:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  shaken or stirred, sir?

addi Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:13:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  extra dry, one olive, cut and lit cigar, Fly me to the Moon on the HiFi, and a shoulder rub

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:14:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>shaken or stirred, sir?

oooh... shake it baby!

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:15:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i love that song.

*sways dreamily. then falls off her 5 inch heels*

addi Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:21:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Geez, I'm speechless

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:21:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hmmm.... thank you Addi for your excellent taste in music!....

Fly Me To The Moon

Fly me to the moon,
and let me play among the stars.
Let me see what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars.
In other words,
Hold my hand.
In other words,
Darling, kiss me.

Fill my heart with song,
and let me sing forevermore.
You are all I long for,
all I worship and adore.

In other words,
please be true.
In other words,
I love you.

Fill my heart with song
and let me sing forevermore
you are all I long for
all I worship and adore.

In other words,
please be true.
In other words,
I love you

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:23:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and on that note...

anything to eat, sirs?

*beams a gracious smile*

addi Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:24:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi sucks on his olive, blows smoke rings, snaps fingers to the hip tune, and watches Ms. Oh swaying to the tune

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:25:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Geez, I'm speechless

HA HA!
for once! lol!

well... miss0... ya alrite?

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:25:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh, I'm tough. heh. unbreakable.

*limps out to fetch the canapes*

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:28:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  while you're there darlin' bring round a cheese platter would ya

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:29:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yes indeed.

speaking of cheese... I think we have some camembert. that is my favourite cheese.

'oh what a riveting story'

why thankyou, A-Team, you're just too sweet

addi Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:29:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ...and some......pie

addi Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:31:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:

>why thankyou, A-Team, you're just too sweet

A-team LOL!!

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:34:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  wow. we really manage to turn threads around, don't we? heh

*puts up some cheery geometric, pastel wallpaper*

heh.

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:35:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hmmm

A-team...
she's right... LOL... never occured to me before...

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:36:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you can be, like, super heroes. and wear your underpants on the outside. lol.

addi Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:38:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>hmmm
>
>A-team...
>she's right... LOL... never occured to me before...
>
>yeah, she's pretty insightful for a half naked submisive 50's housewife!

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:39:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  but of course, I must be, in order to provide my husband(s?) with adequate stimulating conversation, oui?

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:40:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erm... what if i wear boxer shorts?

addi Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:40:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>you can be, like, super heroes. and wear your underpants on the outside. lol.

HaHA!! Well, ant doesn't wear any so that wouldn't work

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:41:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i spose I could whip up some blue spandex chaps for him on the Singer....

addi Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:48:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>i spose I could whip up some blue spandex chaps for him on the Singer....

LOL! Now that I'd pay money to see! Wait...maybe I wouldn't

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 20 08:51:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  pay money NOT to see?
heh

libra Posted: Fri Feb 20 10:22:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love reading your guys's conversations...Whenever a thread's posting count skyrockets overnight, i know it's due to ant, addi, and miss0. Too bad I'm asleep while ya'll talk.

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 20 10:23:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  whoooops... was rude of me to have walked out of the party...
had trouble with the internet connection in god forsaken Krapitzcoldstan... heh heh

alrighty...
i'm blowing this joint...

g'nite kids...

be good now... don't do anything i wouldn't do when i'm not here ;)

Malik Posted: Fri Feb 20 14:44:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>I love reading your guys's conversations...Whenever a thread's posting count skyrockets overnight, i know it's due to ant, addi, and miss0. Too bad I'm asleep while ya'll talk.

Heh, same here. :)

sweet p Posted: Fri Feb 20 16:44:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>i spose I could whip up some blue spandex chaps for him on the Singer....

hahahah that's the best.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]