Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Can you beleive... they put a man on the moon...
antartica Posted: Thu Feb 19 09:51:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  alright. was having lunch and god knows how this subject came up...

how many of you reali beleive that there was an actual moon landing?

addi Posted: Thu Feb 19 09:55:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you're eating a bologna sandwich aren't you?

I think the whole moon thing was faked, however I do believe we've had men in Uranus!

Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 19 09:56:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think this will prove all the believers wrong.

http://www.hightechbiz.com/pub/moonlanding.html

on a side note, a similar topic came up on another forum long ago, I pasted the picture, and some douche actually did thought I was serious in believing those pictures were real. Was so hilarious.

p.s. I am fuckin hungry bitch.

antartica Posted: Thu Feb 19 10:00:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>you're eating a bologna sandwich aren't you?
>
>I think the whole moon thing was faked, however I do believe we've had men in Uranus!

dammit... didn't see that one coming! LOL!!!

nice curve ball Addi =P

addi Posted: Thu Feb 19 10:04:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry, ant. Couldn't help myself.

My serious response to your serious question:

Yes, of course we landed there. Several times in fact. Our goverment puts out a lot of propaganda and lies. The moon landing was not one of them. Iraq having WMD's was.

antartica Posted: Thu Feb 19 10:38:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Sorry, ant. Couldn't help myself.
>
>My serious response to your serious question:
>
>Yes, of course we landed there. Several times in fact. Our goverment puts out a lot of propaganda and lies. The moon landing was not one of them. Iraq having WMD's was.

hmm... i know how tt feels... i'm still praying that Mesh will forget to beat the living shit outta me...! haha

well.. my stand at that lunch time discussion was that i dun think that man has ever been to the moon...

it was a conspiracy theory to deter the commies during the cold war. and it was staged so that they'd think that the US was a greater power.

and if you think about it... if man can bounce so high, how'd they get the craft to land? and stuff like that...

addi Posted: Thu Feb 19 10:55:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>and if you think about it... if man can bounce so high, how'd they get the craft to land? and stuff like that...

They put anti-flubber on the landing pads of the lunar landing vehicles.

Doh, there I go being a smart ass again!!

For me the overwhelming amount of facts on the side of the "Did Happen" list makes the skeptical side of me a believer. To each their own I guess. I've been fooled before and will be again in the future.

antartica Posted: Thu Feb 19 11:00:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  haha...

well... i suppose it's all about "brain washing"?

lie to yourself often enough and you'll beleive it....

Sheoul Posted: Thu Feb 19 11:47:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>lie to yourself often enough and you'll beleive it....

/me points to a previous argument where he tried to make this point... *sigh*

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Feb 19 13:38:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The fact that not a single industrialized government tried to discredit it should be enough to make you believe it.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 19 13:40:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>The fact that not a single industrialized government tried to discredit it should be enough to make you believe it.
>

Thank you, hif.

Although now I wonder if the whole stinkin' world was in on it!!

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Feb 19 15:25:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>The fact that not a single industrialized government tried to discredit it should be enough to make you believe it.
>>
>
>Thank you, hif.
>
>Although now I wonder if the whole stinkin' world was in on it!!

You're welcome Addie, now take yourself over to my WMD's thread and show me how misguided I am.

webmaster Posted: Thu Feb 19 15:47:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I believe it happened, although the arguments against it are certainly very strong - one of the most compeling being the fluttering American flag in the photos. No atmosphere, no wind.

marsteller Posted: Thu Feb 19 15:56:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, that plus all the nonsense with the positioning of the lights and the shadows in the picture. gov't should have a rebuttle to this sort of thing

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Feb 19 16:00:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  webmaster said:
>I believe it happened, although the arguments against it are certainly very strong - one of the most compeling being the fluttering American flag in the photos. No atmosphere, no wind.

It looks pretty obvious to me that the flag is not fluttering but is molded that way and is actually very stiff.
particularly if you watched the actual video you can see the flag is pretty stiff.

marsi Posted: Thu Feb 19 16:07:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I believe it. I saw it with my own eyes on black&white TV. I was little and didn't really understand how important this was, but my parents thought it was, cause they woke me up in the middle of the night to see it.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 19 17:29:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>It looks pretty obvious to me that the flag is not fluttering but is molded that way and is actually very stiff.
>particularly if you watched the actual video you can see the flag is pretty stiff.

Ya have to trust me on this one fellow GTer's. It happened.
Neil Armstrong admitted (he waited a long time out of embarrassment) that he pooted while walking around, and that caused the breeze effect on the flag.

*trying to come down from the WMD thread : )

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Feb 19 18:40:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>*trying to come down from the WMD thread : )

Get your liberal butt back over there and type me a rebuttal dammit !

addi Posted: Thu Feb 19 19:08:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>addison said:
>>*trying to come down from the WMD thread : )
>
>Get your liberal butt back over there and type me a rebuttal dammit !

no no, no! lol
my refusal is in no way to be taken as a surrender. I think I'll let the events as they unfold speak for me. It is to be taken as acknowledgement that no amount of point making rebuttals on my part will make a hill of beans. All it does is raise my blood pressure, get me pissed at my friends, and make me cuss like Koff after he gets his johnson stuck in his pants zipper.

I think I'm too passionate about everything sometimes. Apathy ain't the answer, but I'm picking and choosing my political "fights" here with more discretion.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Feb 19 19:12:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>addison said:
>>>*trying to come down from the WMD thread : )
>>
>>Get your liberal butt back over there and type me a rebuttal dammit !
>
>no no, no! lol
>my refusal is in no way to be taken as a surrender. I think I'll let the events as they unfold speak for me. It is to be taken as acknowledgement that no amount of point making rebuttals on my part will make a hill of beans. All it does is raise my blood pressure, get me pissed at my friends, and make me cuss like Koff after he gets his johnson stuck in his pants zipper.
>
> I think I'm too passionate about everything sometimes. Apathy ain't the answer, but I'm picking and choosing my political "fights" here with more discretion.

ok dude, how bout a valium and an imaginary cig ?

FN Posted: Thu Feb 19 19:15:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
> I think I'm too passionate about everything sometimes. Apathy ain't the answer, but I'm picking and choosing my political "fights" here with more discretion.

How wimpy of you ;o)

Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 19 23:42:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think they landed on the moon.

And I actually got my peeny caught in the zipper the other day. I will spare details, but god damnit I was scared there for a minute.

Puck Posted: Sat Feb 21 00:26:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't understand why we would want to go to the moon. I vaguely remember a Seinfeld bit on I'm Telling You For The Last Time. I think it was in the track titled "Men and Women". I've been looking for the exact quote or the entire track for about an hour, but I've found nothing. Anyway, there's one part where he says something about men being stupid for, not only going to the moon, but also for taking a car. He goes on to say that they must've expected to meet women there, because why would you need a car unless you were gonna to go on a date. The real thing is funnier compared to the crap I wrote

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]