Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Inspiration
trogdor57 Posted: Sat Feb 21 21:05:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wanna turn in a picture to my school's literary magazine, but I don't know what I wanna draw... I normally just draw people in casual clothes, but I wanna do something a bit more... flashy... any ideas will be helpful.

antartica Posted: Sun Feb 22 04:25:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hire Ludwig... i think he charges like a sheep an hour?

trogdor57 Posted: Sun Feb 22 07:24:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>hire Ludwig... i think he charges like a sheep an hour?

Yah, but aren't sheep kinda expensive??

addi Posted: Sun Feb 22 07:31:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>hire Ludwig... i think he charges like a sheep an hour?

LOL! that's 1 and 1/2 sheep an hour!

Trogdor,
instead of drawing people in casual clothes, I suggest you try something new and totally different, like drawing people in spiffy fancy clothes. : )

misszero Posted: Sun Feb 22 07:48:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hahaha

fancy clothes ARE rather fun to draw....

addi Posted: Sun Feb 22 07:53:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>hahaha
>
>fancy clothes ARE rather fun to draw....
LOL

...or drawing them in no clothes. Now there's a challange!

misszero Posted: Sun Feb 22 08:17:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm hoping i get to do that in art school.

mm. life drawing models. heh. apparently the going rate for posing is really good.

trogdor57 Posted: Sun Feb 22 14:19:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>antartica said:
>>hire Ludwig... i think he charges like a sheep an hour?
>
>LOL! that's 1 and 1/2 sheep an hour!

So, which does he prefer, the head or the tail? ^_^

>Trogdor,
>instead of drawing people in casual clothes, I suggest you try something new and totally different, like drawing people in spiffy fancy clothes. : )

That's an interesting one... as in like, a tux or fancy dress?

addi Posted: Sun Feb 22 16:34:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  trogdor57 said:
>addison said:
>>antartica said:
>>>hire Ludwig... i think he charges like a sheep an hour?
>>
>>LOL! that's 1 and 1/2 sheep an hour!
>
>So, which does he prefer, the head or the tail? ^_^

Sadly, it doesn't make any difference to him

>>Trogdor,
>>instead of drawing people in casual clothes, I suggest you try something new and totally different, like drawing people in spiffy fancy clothes. : )
>
>That's an interesting one... as in like, a tux or fancy dress?

If you're drawing guys, make it a tux. If people start seeing you putting fancy dresses on guys...well, let's just say you don't need any more jerks in your life. : )

libra Posted: Sun Feb 22 17:20:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>i'm hoping i get to do that in art school.
>
>mm. life drawing models. heh. apparently the going rate for posing is really good.

a friend of mine took a figure-drawing class last semester...they drew all these different people...one day it'd be an old man, the next day it would be a middle aged woman, and then they'd have some younger girls in their twenties or so...she said at first it was weird, and sometimes you'd be sitting in a seat where the angle that you saw the person at was a little...uncomfortable, but she did like the class. She said the weirdest thing was to see one of the models out in public, totally clothed.

trogdor57 Posted: Sun Feb 22 17:59:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>trogdor57 said:
>>addison said:
>>>antartica said:
>>>>hire Ludwig... i think he charges like a sheep an hour?
>>>
>>>LOL! that's 1 and 1/2 sheep an hour!
>>
>>So, which does he prefer, the head or the tail? ^_^
>
>Sadly, it doesn't make any difference to him

Wow, that's creepy....

>>>Trogdor,
>>>instead of drawing people in casual clothes, I suggest you try something new and totally different, like drawing people in spiffy fancy clothes. : )
>>
>>That's an interesting one... as in like, a tux or fancy dress?
>
>If you're drawing guys, make it a tux. If people start seeing you putting fancy dresses on guys...well, let's just say you don't need any more jerks in your life. : )

Yeah.... lol!

Anyway, on a whole, I haven't tried anything formal on my characters, so it could be fun.

misszero Posted: Sun Feb 22 19:43:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, I remember neing in town with a friend of mine when she was all 'hey, I drew her...wow, she looks so much better naked....'

if i had a litte more confidence, I'd probably do it. My old art teacher told me that's how she paid her way through art school, and considering her and I are more or less leading the same life (its kinda creepy in a way) it seems only logical...

antartica Posted: Mon Feb 23 00:53:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>yeah, I remember neing in town with a friend of mine when she was all 'hey, I drew her...wow, she looks so much better naked....'
>
>if i had a litte more confidence, I'd probably do it. My old art teacher told me that's how she paid her way through art school, and considering her and I are more or less leading the same life (its kinda creepy in a way) it seems only logical...

heh heh... kodak moment!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]