Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Carnaval
FN Posted: Sun Feb 22 06:16:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Today's the first day of 3 days of Carnaval Oilsjt.

My posting rate will probably be going down a bit since I'll either be partying or in bed lol.

I'll put the pictures online afterwards.

antartica Posted: Sun Feb 22 06:29:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweeeet...

have fun dude =)

FN Posted: Sun Feb 22 07:14:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>sweeeet...
>
>have fun dude =)

We're leaving in a few hours.

It's 13:12 now, we're planning on being there around 6 and the first occassion to get back is 6 tomorrow morning :o)

During the day it's partying in the streets, at night it's in the clubs and café's with everybody wearing costumes.

Ah, the fun, the fun!

lol

addi Posted: Sun Feb 22 07:48:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Running and yelling behind car as Christophe pulls away for carnival...

"Wait...Wait!! You forgot your book, 100 Best Pick Up Lines to Give Drunken Girls at Carnival,... and your box of condoms!!"

Oh, well. bring back pics

DaveHill Posted: Mon Feb 23 03:17:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know, drinking and having fun and drinking and making out and somewhere in between all that trying to get sleep so i won't be spending the 3 weeks after carnaval half-dead....

mat_j Posted: Mon Feb 23 10:14:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ah to be back in Beligium. I loved Belgium when i went there around 5 or 6 years ago, my favourite thing was the booze, if there's one thing you guys know what to do it's have a good time. Have a great Carnival Chrismeister!

FN Posted: Tue Feb 24 07:47:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I managed to get back lol.

2 days down, 1 to go, but don't know if I'll go today as well, I'm really really really tired lol.

Had so much fun and laughed untill it started to hurt.

I'll try and find a site to put some pictures online.

FN Posted: Tue Feb 24 07:49:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Ah to be back in Beligium. I loved Belgium when i went there around 5 or 6 years ago, my favourite thing was the booze, if there's one thing you guys know what to do it's have a good time. Have a great Carnival Chrismeister!

What were you here for and what part of Belgium?

iggy Posted: Tue Feb 24 07:53:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>
>What were you here for and what part of Belgium?

mat j and i went there to stop u from taking over the world.

hard to find ya with all these belgian women and lovely beer

very very much distracted

mat_j Posted: Tue Feb 24 09:48:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>mat_j said:
>>Ah to be back in Beligium. I loved Belgium when i went there around 5 or 6 years ago, my favourite thing was the booze, if there's one thing you guys know what to do it's have a good time. Have a great Carnival Chrismeister!
>
>
>What were you here for and what part of Belgium?

Went to Royaume de Belgique back in 99. Visited Antwerp, Brussels, Flanders and Oostend and a few other smaller places. It was a school based trip on European poltics but it was also a piss up. Saw the Palace, Went to the european Parliament building, saw the mannequin Pis (sp?). Did a war walk in Flanders, saw the changing of the guard at the Menin gate (Is that correct or did i make it up, it's been ages since i thought of these things the memories are a little dusty).

My fondest memory was getting off the bus and my Politics teacher saying. "We're only stopping for an hour, Boy's at the back please don't get drunk!" We turned up later after drinking Hoegaarden and bollaka (fuck knows how to spell that) At a bar and chatting to the very friendly locals in my European language that humourously comprises of six different languages much to everyones amusement.

I would also love to go to Bastogne after watching Band of Brothers :)

mat_j Posted: Wed Feb 25 07:44:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I said at the time i would live in Belgium one day if i could and i think i'll stand y that, even if it's just a few years, Englishman Stephen Fry once ra away to Beligium after coming over all weird y'know.

FN Posted: Wed Feb 25 09:36:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ok ppl, I've uploaded some of our pictures lol (we had a lot of them so I had to make a selection :o)

I'm the guy in the tigersuit
The elephant is Wouter
The gynaecologist (and during day 2 the woman with pony tails) is Koenraad
The sixties-man is Timo
The girl dressed like zorro is his girlfriend Kristien
The angel is Mieke, a very sweet girl (and ex-girlfriend of mine who I still get along with really well.)

That's the group I started out with and that you'll see most of the time in the pictures I put online, I'll save you all the details of the other people who are on the pictures.

Feel free to comment if you want, but something in advance: you might see a lot of guys dressed up like women, but that's a sort of tradition in Oilsjt Carnaval, they're called 'Voil Jeanetten' ("dirty/ugly whores"), they are just normal guys lol and don't feel the urge to dress up like women in everyday life :o)

I noticed some pictures don't always work from the first try so if a picture or a page doesn't load just press F5 on your keyboard and it should work out fine.

You might see some weird stuff but keep in mind that 99% of the people in those pictures are drunk.

If you want to see them you can find them here:

http://groups.msn.com/nevermore/carnaval2004.msnw?Page=1

Enjoy.

FN Posted: Wed Feb 25 12:10:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://groups.msn.com/nevermore/shoebox.msnw

is the good link

addi Posted: Wed Feb 25 12:25:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Looks like a lot of fun. Too bad the only breastasez shown were plastic and on on a guy.
Anoucki is pretty.

FN Posted: Wed Feb 25 12:27:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Looks like a lot of fun. Too bad the only breastasez shown were plastic and on on a guy.
>Anoucki is pretty.

lol.

Her name is Anouck, the name was a typo. Just a girl I got to know there but nothing more than that, really.

mat_j Posted: Wed Feb 25 12:37:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Looks like you had hella fun dude!!

FN Posted: Wed Feb 25 13:02:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Looks like you had hella fun dude!!

Lol yeah but I've paid a heavy toll :o)

mat_j Posted: Thu Feb 26 13:12:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>mat_j said:
>>Looks like you had hella fun dude!!
>
>
>Lol yeah but I've paid a heavy toll :o)

Oh nasty, the God of alcohol made you pay the toll?

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]