Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

McD Christianity
ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 27 06:57:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  that's because McD's is a global enterprise and Christianity is more or less an entity of the western world.

mat_j Posted: Fri Feb 27 07:01:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dracula knows about the christian cross but he's scared of it but he can eat a McDonalds so i beleive this unbalance is because of vampires.

My conclusion

There are too many vampires in the world lets start a cull.

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 07:21:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>There are too many umpires in the world lets start a cult.

I agree.

mat_j Posted: Fri Feb 27 07:47:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>mat_j said:
>
>
>
>>There are too many umpires in the world lets start a cult.
>
>I agree.

Damn you art boy, first your distort our images now our words!! Where will the iconoclism end!!

Sheoul Posted: Fri Feb 27 08:03:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mara said:
>The McDonalds Golden Arches (The BIG M) is more recognisable world wide than the christian cross.
>
>

Where did you come up with that?

Sheoul Posted: Fri Feb 27 08:03:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>that's because McD's is a global enterprise and Christianity is more or less an entity of the western world.

Not so.

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 08:13:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>Damn you art boy, first your distort our images now our words!! Where will the iconoclism end!!

Ludwig's in BIG Trouble, mat. I grounded him, took away his Playboys, and told him no McDonalds for a month! I deeply regret his changing the words and images on your posts and apologise profusely!

*must look up meaning of iconoclism fast

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 27 08:15:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>mat_j said:
>
>>Damn you art boy, first your distort our images now our words!! Where will the iconoclism end!!
>
>Ludwig's in BIG Trouble, mat. I grounded him, took away his Playboys, and told him no McDonalds for a month! I deeply regret his changing the words and images on your posts and apologise profusely!
>
>*must look up meaning of iconoclism fast

it's right next to icannaorgasm

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 08:23:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>>*must look up meaning of iconoclism fast
>
>it's right next to icannaorgasm

LMAO!!
but, seriously, I don't want to know about your male plumbing problems, Dude

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 27 08:25:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>antartica said:
>
>>>*must look up meaning of iconoclism fast
>>
>>it's right next to icannaorgasm
>
>LMAO!!
>but, seriously, I don't want to know about your male plumbing problems, Dude

WOT!!! whaddya i say?
i was referring to the DICK-tionary!

mat_j Posted: Fri Feb 27 08:28:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>mat_j said:
>
>>Damn you art boy, first your distort our images now our words!! Where will the iconoclism end!!
>
>Ludwig's in BIG Trouble, mat. I grounded him, took away his Playboys, and told him no McDonalds for a month! I deeply regret his changing the words and images on your posts and apologise profusely!
>
>*must look up meaning of iconoclism fast

Oh i see so your blaming Ludwig for this are you, jut like the time someone drew on the walls and spilled some 'apple juice' on my nice clean carpet!

Ok that sounds fair make sure he's not sneaking whiskeys into his room

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 08:32:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>Oh i see so your blaming Ludwig for this are you, jut like the time someone drew on the walls and spilled some 'penis juice' on my nice clean carpet!

Why, surely you don't think I would have anything to do with such dispicable and underhanded behavior?!

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 08:36:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>i was referring to the DICK-tionary!

Oh that! gotta pick me up one of those!

Note in personal journal: cold in Krapitscoldstan has finally done ant in. I fear he's turned into a bi-sexual

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 27 08:37:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>antartica said:
>
>
>>i was referring to the DICK-tionary!
>
>Oh that! gotta pick me up one of those!
>
>
>Note in personal journal: cold in Krapitscoldstan has finally done ant in. I fear he's turned into a bi-sexual

LMAO!!!
you can now call me Boris

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 08:39:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>LMAO!!!
>you can now call me Doris

LOl! You're a sport, ant!

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 27 08:47:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>antartica said:
>
>>LMAO!!!
>>you can now call me Doris
>
>
>LOl! You're a sport, ant!

ROTFL!!

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 08:52:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>ROTFL!!

I have no idea what "ROTFL" means, but if it means you now desire me I'm gonna go puke!

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 27 08:57:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>antartica said:
>
>>ROTFL!!
>
>I have no idea what "ROTFL" means, but if it means you now desire me I'm gonna go puke!

Rips
Off
Thong
From
Ludwig

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 27 09:17:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sheoul said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>that's because McD's is a global enterprise and Christianity is more or less an entity of the western world.
>
>Not so.

Is too !

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 09:17:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>Rips
>Off
>Thong
>From
>Ludwig

I had no idea : )

Sheoul Posted: Fri Feb 27 10:33:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Sheoul said:
>>ifihadahif said:
>>>that's because McD's is a global enterprise and Christianity is more or less an entity of the western world.
>>
>>Not so.
>
>Is too !

McDonalds has stores in 121 countries around the world, mainly in the Americas, Europe and Asia.

According to the 1992 Encyclopaedia Britannica Book of the Year, significant Christian communities existed in 254 countries and territories around the world. That's everywhere in the world. If anything, it's far more global than McD's. Christianity also existed in the middle and far east, and in Africa before it did in most of Europe. Christianity has never been solely an entity of the western world. It was just spread through the western colonialists of the last few centuries (which is why some people have the perception that it is a western religion). There are very large Christian communities in the non-western world.

Sheoul Posted: Fri Feb 27 10:34:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sheoul said:
>There are very large Christian communities in the non-western world.
...that have existed since the birth of Christianity.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 27 10:37:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sheoul said:
>Sheoul said:
>>There are very large Christian communities in the non-western world.
>...that have existed since the birth of Christianity.

very large in relation to what ?
"very large" is a relative term.
In the eastern hemisphere, would you agree that Christianity is very much in the minority as religions go ?

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 27 10:39:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sheoul said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Sheoul said:
>>>ifihadahif said:
>>>>that's because McD's is a global enterprise and Christianity is more or less an entity of the western world.
>>>
>>>Not so.
>>
>>Is too !
>
>McDonalds has stores in 121 countries around the world, mainly in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
>
>According to the 1992 Encyclopaedia Britannica Book of the Year, significant Christian communities existed in 254 countries and territories around the world. That's everywhere in the world. If anything, it's far more global than McD's. Christianity also existed in the middle and far east, and in Africa before it did in most of Europe. Christianity has never been solely an entity of the western world. It was just spread through the western colonialists of the last few centuries (which is why some people have the perception that it is a western religion). There are very large Christian communities in the non-western world.

you could also say the same thing about Islam, Judaism, and Buddhism. They have their own communities in every corner of the world.

Sheoul Posted: Fri Feb 27 10:49:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The percentage of Christians in the world was 33.9% in 1996 (same Britannica reference). It's current annual growth rate is approximately 2.3%.

Anyway, the point was:
1) Christianity is not an entity of the western world.
2) A relatively large percentage (1 in 3) of people around the world (and not only in a few countries) are at least aware of Christianity, and "the cross".

So, to suggest that "The McDonalds Golden Arches (The BIG M) is more recognisable world wide than the christian cross" seems totally unfounded to me.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 27 11:23:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sheoul said:
>The percentage of Christians in the world was 33.9% in 1996 (same Britannica reference). It's current annual growth rate is approximately 2.3%.
>
>Anyway, the point was:
>1) Christianity is not an entity of the western world.
>2) A relatively large percentage (1 in 3) of people around the world (and not only in a few countries) are at least aware of Christianity, and "the cross".
>
>So, to suggest that "The McDonalds Golden Arches (The BIG M) is more recognisable world wide than the christian cross" seems totally unfounded to me.

But you must consider that virtually everybody in Asia knows McD's and most don't know Christ. (Think China)

Sheoul Posted: Fri Feb 27 11:31:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>But you must consider that virtually everybody in Asia knows McD's and most don't know Christ. (Think China)

Because they are'nt Christian, does'nt mean they have'nt heard of Christianity. And don't look just at the east, look at the whole world.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 27 11:35:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sheoul said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>But you must consider that virtually everybody in Asia knows McD's and most don't know Christ. (Think China)
>
>Because they are'nt Christian, does'nt mean they have'nt heard of Christianity. And don't look just at the east, look at the whole world.

I believe that the original statement was Mcd's is more recognizable than the Christian Cross. If you are talking about the majority of the world's population, you have to talk about the east, since that is where most of the people live by far.
And I would be willing to bet that there are more people in China familiar with McD's than Christ.

mat_j Posted: Fri Feb 27 12:56:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I vaguely remember hearing once about an ornament in Japan once that depicted Santa Claus being crucified, is this true or just another urban legend?

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 27 15:35:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  whataburger is better.

I have rescently found out.

MUCH MUCH FUCKING BETTER. McDonalds tastes like shit. Everytime I do go there I think to meself "What the fack am I doing? I hate this place, it tastes worse than any fast food ever."

Seriously, it is so bad tasting I dont know why people continue go there. Me included.

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 15:41:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:

>Seriously, it is so bad tasting I dont know why people continue go there. Me included.

I think the penguins have brainwashed you, mesh.
At night they sneak into your room and whisper things in your ear like "you like McDonalds. Yummy food.Mmmmmmm"

I'm sure that's the only explanation

libra Posted: Fri Feb 27 15:46:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>meshuggah said:
>
>>Seriously, it is so bad tasting I dont know why people continue go there. Me included.
>
>I think the penguins have brainwashed you, mesh.
>At night they sneak into your room and whisper things in your ear like "you like McDonalds. Yummy food.Mmmmmmm"
>
>I'm sure that's the only explanation

reminds me of the little tiny elves that come in the middle of the night and make my hair curly...

that's how i explained it to a friend of mine who is a guy and has very limited knowledge of how hair works...

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 15:56:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>reminds me of the little tiny elves that come in the middle of the night and make my hair curly...
>
>that's how i explained it to a friend of mine who is a guy and has very limited knowledge of how hair works...

LMAO !! oh, dear!!
I believe they're called kinky elves! I wonder what they do to make a plinker's hair curley?

Malik Posted: Fri Feb 27 18:59:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  How can something be more recongnizible than something else? Either you recognize something, or you don't.

Yeah, I'm kinda skeptical about that fact. Christianity has been around for 2,000 years, and has fuled war after war after war after conversion attempt. Even if all people knew about Jesus is that they were being called infidels by these new infidels invading their land, they've still heard about it.

Now, maybe more people have eaten at McDonalds than current Christians living, and maybe more people have taken a burger than have taken communion, but I don't think that the golden arches are recognized by more people than the name of Jesus or a cross.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 27 22:06:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Malik said:
>How can something be more recongnizible than something else? Either you recognize something, or you don't.
>
>Yeah, I'm kinda skeptical about that fact. Christianity has been around for 2,000 years, and has fuled war after war after war after conversion attempt. Even if all people knew about Jesus is that they were being called infidels by these new infidels invading their land, they've still heard about it.
>
>Now, maybe more people have eaten at McDonalds than current Christians living, and maybe more people have taken a burger than have taken communion, but I don't think that the golden arches are recognized by more people than the name of Jesus or a cross.

let me guess . . . you aren't what anyone would call widely travelled are you?
consider an inner city school in say Chicago or New York where most of the students don't value education and come from single mom homes. Put a picture of Buddha in front of most of them and what do they see ? a happy fat guy and nothing more. Most of them won't have a clue who Buddha was.
But I'll bet 100 percent of them know what a big mac is.
Now multiply that by 3 or 4 billion in China.

Malik Posted: Sat Feb 28 01:21:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'll have to admit that I'm not widely traveled. *backs away from that point* And I think that Buddha wouldn't be recognizable in an inner city school. But still, the name "Jesus Christ" is pretty well known. And there are only about a billion peopl in China, but I get the point.

antartica Posted: Sun Feb 29 04:55:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  on the buddhist / christian thingy...
i think it started some time late 80's or in the 90's.. but it's like some how more and more folks from the west are looking at Oriental faiths, be it buddhism, hunduism whatever-ism... and more folks from the east are converting to any denomination of christianity...

i dun have any numbers here to back it up but do reacall watching something on discovery or some documentary about christianity in china, it's very "controlled" and instead of reporting to the vatican, they have like a board of "directors" all made up of govt officials...

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Feb 29 19:27:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have no idea if my argument holds water or not, I just thought it was just a little arrogant not to consider that Christ might not be on someone's top 10 list somewhere in the world.

antartica Posted: Mon Mar 1 03:49:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i dunno... a little off track here. did ya'll know that there are more people in the world who've heard of ol M Jackson than Jayzeus?

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]