Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

forum
Iamjustdancing. Posted: Fri Feb 27 09:29:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Jason! you should get a forum that will make the most recent posted thing jump up to the top of the forum! that way we can see if someone has posted, and good heated discussions won't be lost do to it filing deep into the archives.
for instance, at www.durismud.com the forums there are pretty sweet and they are highly customizable, even by the users. I am not saying these forums are inadaquate or anything, as i do like them, but i think it would be a great improvement to get something like that. anyway just something you might look into. :D

oh btw duris is a great game if you ever wanted to play a text based game of old :P

dave

Sheoul Posted: Fri Feb 27 10:14:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  phpBB!!!

webmaster Posted: Fri Feb 27 10:24:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  OK, I will check that out and see what improvements I can make. I welcome any other recommendations too.

libra Posted: Fri Feb 27 10:30:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you're doing a great job JQ! GT is amazing.

FN Posted: Fri Feb 27 10:32:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Don't change too much, I think it's good the way it is right now.

libra Posted: Fri Feb 27 10:34:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Don't change too much, I think it's good the way it is right now.

What he said. I have change issues...if you were to change even the background color i'd probably freak out.

Sheoul Posted: Fri Feb 27 10:39:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  GT is verrry cool. But it's a little hard to navigate around. phpBB forums are awfully easy to use and extremely navigable. It could look a lot like it does now, but be easier to use... : )

Just a suggestion... I'll be happy even if nothing changes.

Iamjustdancing. Posted: Fri Feb 27 10:56:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yes...the color thing... ppl could actually make color schemes for themselves and submit it to the webmaster so everyone can use etc. you can even put pictures and stuff... ppl could moderate different forums other than Jason, making it easier for him to manage other parts of the website. Also you can do polls and stuff on the phpbb and send private messages. shrug i just have used that one a ton and thought you guys might like it ;P

thanks for actually responding to my idle chatter :D

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 27 11:24:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Change nothing !
Or King Thong will abdicate as ruler of all the known universe and anarchy will ensue.
GT is the only perfect thing in the universe !

libra Posted: Fri Feb 27 11:27:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hmmm...i'm finding myself agreeing with hif...i think the world might end...or hell has frozen over...or something somewhere is going to be struck by lightening...uh oh.

just to make up for it...*cough*republicans*cough*suck*cough

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 27 11:36:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>hmmm...i'm finding myself agreeing with hif...i think the world might end...or hell has frozen over...or something somewhere is going to be struck by lightening...uh oh.
>
>just to make up for it...*cough*republicans*cough*suck*cough

oh Libra . . .just. . .go. . . .to . . . .hell !

ah, now I feels better LOL

Iamjustdancing. Posted: Fri Feb 27 11:45:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  actually i think the democratic intern under Clintons desk was doing the sucking, eh?

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 11:53:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ya got us there, Davey! We all know republicans don't like sex. It's dirty!!

If you ever hear any sucking sounds coming from a conservative household you can bet your bottom dollar it's a housewife running a Hoover vacuum. : )

Iamjustdancing. Posted: Fri Feb 27 11:55:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  when the hell did i say i dind't like sex? i was just saying that she was doing some sucking ... not like i was like SATIN IS IN YOUR PENIS WHEN YOU ARE GETTING ORAL PLEASURE OMG DIE BURN IN HELL YOU SEX MANIAC! i mean cmon.

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 12:01:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  

Hold on a doggone sec here. You mean you can be a good republican AND enjoy guilt free sex at the same time?! I gotta rethink my party affiliation!

antartica Posted: Fri Feb 27 12:11:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Change nothing !
>Or King Thong will abdicate as ruler of all the known universe and anarchy will ensue.
>GT is the only perfect thing in the universe !

whoa!!
i agree with ya Papa Thong!!!

mat_j Posted: Fri Feb 27 12:30:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Isn't that what the 'Newest postings' thing is for, and for that matter just go to search and search for the thread you are looking, the reason old but seemingly popular threads die is because the arguments end up being all swings and roundabouts anyway.

Besides I'm too old to start learning new Forums now, it's taken me this long to get to grips with this one. Any change will be met immediate movement of all resistance units under my command!

Viva la non revolution!!!

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 12:52:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>Besides I'm too old to start learning new Forums now, it's taken me this long to get to grips with this one. Any change will be met immediate movement of all resistance units under my command!
>
>
>Viva la non revolution!!!

Better yet, jason could just make a special forum for old farts like you! All the old plonkers (over 25) would have to go there and talk about WWII and shit! Drink your hot cocoa and go to bed ol man!

Iamjustdancing. Posted: Fri Feb 27 13:17:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  heh as hard as it is to believe. the other forums is like 9028349023 times easier than this... honestly. if you can't figure it out in like .2 seconds you must be really really stupid. The new postings things only work for new postings. doesn't work for reply's. I am just saying i bet people would like it just the same or better than what we have now. Man, and all of you 'progressive' ppl out there who are afraid of change? kinda funny if you ask me.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 27 13:40:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  WSU-Dave said:
>heh as hard as it is to believe. the other forums is like 9028349023 times easier than this... honestly. if you can't figure it out in like .2 seconds you must be really really stupid. The new postings things only work for new postings. doesn't work for reply's. I am just saying i bet people would like it just the same or better than what we have now. Man, and all of you 'progressive' ppl out there who are afraid of change? kinda funny if you ask me.

dude,you can edit your profile to show as many new post and threads as you want to see.
And it does work for replies.
Now leave it alone before we find out where you live and make you drink
toilet water.

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 27 15:22:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>WSU-Dave said:
>>heh as hard as it is to believe. the other forums is like 9028349023 times easier than this... honestly. if you can't figure it out in like .2 seconds you must be really really stupid. The new postings things only work for new postings. doesn't work for reply's. I am just saying i bet people would like it just the same or better than what we have now. Man, and all of you 'progressive' ppl out there who are afraid of change? kinda funny if you ask me.
>
>dude,you can edit your profile to show as many new post and threads as you want to see.
>And it does work for replies.
>Now leave it alone before we find out where you live and make you drink
>toilet water.

So long as the toilet has been freshly cleand I dont think it tastes too bad.

libra Posted: Fri Feb 27 15:23:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  stop it with this change thing...i don't like hearing about it. The on and off nature of the site recently has been enough to turn my little world not quite upside down, but it definitely shook it a bit...

mat_j Posted: Fri Feb 27 16:09:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  WSU-Dave said:
>heh as hard as it is to believe. the other forums is like 9028349023 times easier than this... honestly. if you can't figure it out in like .2 seconds you must be really really stupid. The new postings things only work for new postings. doesn't work for reply's. I am just saying i bet people would like it just the same or better than what we have now. Man, and all of you 'progressive' ppl out there who are afraid of change? kinda funny if you ask me.

Silence you!!!

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 27 16:17:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I fear change. Change is bad.

Sheoul Posted: Fri Feb 27 16:36:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wow! So many people, so afraid of change. And nothing's REALLY going to be changing anyway. Have any of you ever used a phpBB forum? Try it. You'll see what Dave's talking about.

Stuff gets buried so easily here. I mean, disappear for like 3 days, come back and all the old threads are hidden. You have to search for specific stuff if you want to. Makes you miss so much.

Same people. Same sort of forum. Just easier to navigate around. What are you so afraid of?

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 17:19:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I fear change. Change is bad.

penguins gone

change bad

Kira Posted: Fri Feb 27 17:49:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I fear change. Change is bad.

This is why I don't want to get MSN. I've had ICQ since before I knew what "ROTFLMAO" meant. Grrr change. *Shuns*

But I don't think I'd mind if JQ made of few changes... then again I wouldn't mind if he didn't, either.

As long as he doesn't mess with the background color! I'd break down.

FN Posted: Fri Feb 27 17:53:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hmm

Somebody was talking about moderators.

The complete lack of them is probably one of the many things that make this forum what it is right now.

Malik Posted: Fri Feb 27 18:20:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, I don't like the moderator idea.

And I really don't like phpBB. Sure, it's a nice forum, but I like GT because it's unique. Anybody can (and does) download phpBB and put it on their website, but GT is (Maybe if JQ could tweak it a bit to put most active up along with newest, it'll be nice. But I think it's fine the way it is. Gives us class. :)

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 18:25:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>Silence you!!!

LOL!! it sounds like something I'd hear on The Family Guy

iggy Posted: Fri Feb 27 19:35:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  WSU-Dave said:

we like this place as it is. other forums can be easier to navigate, but we like it as it is.

if other forums are better, pack ur shit and get over there.

i know other forums may be fancier. i visit them too. but this is just fine.

iggy Posted: Fri Feb 27 19:41:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh yeah.
is it me or are the people making noise the new ones?

i don't really want moderators in here.

anyone can come in here without the risk of being banned or have our posts deleted and checked.

GT is simple. point, click and post away. simple?

want to back track. do a little work and just scroll though them.

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 27 19:46:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I dont think I like the idea of some of the people here being moderators, damn bloody tyrants they would be ;)

libra Posted: Fri Feb 27 20:55:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  having moderators would be horrible. It would totally undermine all that is the GT Forum.

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 27 21:58:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm remind of the bumper sticker thread. Love it or leave it, dude!

webmaster Posted: Sat Feb 28 02:01:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  OK, the general consensus (with Libra's vote taking up 95%) is or the forum to remain, so it shall. I do expect to make some minor changes/improvements when I get the time, but I promise nothing major.

As for moderators, well, I am not prepared to relinquish that absolute power any time soon, even though, if any of you have noticed, I have never had the chance to use it as you are such great people. :)

libra Posted: Sat Feb 28 02:05:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  webmaster said:
>OK, the general consensus (with Libra's vote taking up 95%) is or the forum to remain, so it shall. I do expect to make some minor changes/improvements when I get the time, but I promise nothing major.
>
>As for moderators, well, I am not prepared to relinquish that absolute power any time soon, even though, if any of you have noticed, I have never had the chance to use it as you are such great people. :)

aw, how sweet...

and I'm glad of the lack of change.

*hangs head in shame* how did i become such a posting slut?

antartica Posted: Sat Feb 28 02:10:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  bye bye Sheoul
bye bye WSU-Dave...

gonna miss you when you migrate to those easier navigation forums...

dan632 Posted: Sat Feb 28 03:09:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dear WSU-Dave, if u wish to find the most active thread or the most recent replys click 'newest postings' i have mine set at 20 so i can keep an accurate track of things; honestly, if you can't figure it out in like .2 seconds you must be really really stupid.
GT is GT if it were to be altered it would b GT V1.1, i fear that decimal, damn U dave!! Damn you straight to hell!!
whilst phpBB sound efficient you can shove it up your arse, if u want a phpBB forum, find one, don't suggest a raping of a good javascript/html one like this.

Dancer Posted: Sat Feb 28 04:32:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>bye bye Sheoul
>bye bye WSU-Dave...
>
>gonna miss you when you migrate to those easier navigation forums...

LOL..you're scaring 'em away..ahhaah

just my 2 cents worth..this forum is the best i've been to, maybe the only glitch is TOO ACTIVE TOO ACTIVE!!!!

ok ok, you are asking me to leave next, i know...

antartica Posted: Sat Feb 28 04:44:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dancer said:
>LOL..you're scaring 'em away..ahhaah
>
>just my 2 cents worth..this forum is the best i've been to, maybe the only glitch is TOO ACTIVE TOO ACTIVE!!!!
>
>ok ok, you are asking me to leave next, i know...
>

i scare ppl away! nah!!! why would i do such a thing! haha...
and we all love dancer too much!

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 28 04:46:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>Dancer said:
>>LOL..you're scaring 'em away..ahhaah
>>
>>just my 2 cents worth..this forum is the best i've been to, maybe the only glitch is TOO ACTIVE TOO ACTIVE!!!!
>>
>>ok ok, you are asking me to leave next, i know...
>>
>
>i scare ppl away! nah!!! why would i do such a thing! haha...
>and we all love dancer too much!

yeah we would neva axe you to leave

iggy Posted: Sat Feb 28 04:50:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the resistance hath spoken
king thong hath spoken
dictator christophe hath spoken
tyrant meshuggah hath spoken

even GT God hath spoken

let it be...

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 28 05:43:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  not gonna start a whole new thread for this so...

http://www.do-it-or-die.co.uk/pop-idol-dance-mat.html

at the very bottom of the page. What the hell is that?

antartica Posted: Sat Feb 28 05:50:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>not gonna start a whole new thread for this so...
>
>
>
>http://www.do-it-or-die.co.uk/pop-idol-dance-mat.html
>
>at the very bottom of the page. What the hell is that?

holy fuck!

mat j, 'hif and all are famous! LOL!!

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 28 05:51:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>meshuggah said:
>>not gonna start a whole new thread for this so...
>>
>>
>>
>>http://www.do-it-or-die.co.uk/pop-idol-dance-mat.html
>>
>>at the very bottom of the page. What the hell is that?
>
>holy fuck!

im not :(
>
>mat j, 'hif and all are famous! LOL!!

antartica Posted: Sat Feb 28 05:56:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>im not :(

hey Mesh-stoli-huggah!

we love ya no matters what...

and before i start sounding like sam or frodo, i gonna stop and slap myself first!

LOL

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 28 06:21:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am happy to report, that gadzillionthings.net has GT on a list of websites "helping to build a better internet.

Sheoul Posted: Sat Feb 28 06:44:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sheesh. This is how all of you react to the whisper of change. And this is (please don't hurt me for saying this) ONLY A FORUM. Makes for a convenient analogy.

Picture an entire country that believes that same sex marriages should not happen. And there's a minority screaming for change. Why should the rest of the country give in? They feel exactly how all of you felt about the forum issue, but to them it's much more than a forum at stake.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Feb 28 07:39:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>meshuggah said:
>>not gonna start a whole new thread for this so...
>>
>>
>>
>>http://www.do-it-or-die.co.uk/pop-idol-dance-mat.html
>>
>>at the very bottom of the page. What the hell is that?
>
>holy fuck!

I went there, but didn't see anything . . .
>
>mat j, 'hif and all are famous! LOL!!

dan632 Posted: Sat Feb 28 07:52:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah me2, what's it meant to be?

mat_j Posted: Sat Feb 28 08:18:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sheoul said:
>Sheesh. This is how all of you react to the whisper of change. And this is (please don't hurt me for saying this) ONLY A FORUM. Makes for a convenient analogy.
>
>Picture an entire country that believes that same sex marriages should not happen. And there's a minority screaming for change. Why should the rest of the country give in? They feel exactly how all of you felt about the forum issue, but to them it's much more than a forum at stake.

Weeeeellllll your majesty i apologise that this humble forum isn't to your liking. As for the same sex marriage analogy wouldn't it be more accurate to say everybody was fine with the current system but a few people were whining for change saying

"wah wah wah i want a special board, where's my special board wah wah wah," and everybody else said

"no remain the same as us, you can use the board just as well as we can and you don't need anything different BECAUSE YOUR NOT BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM."

libra Posted: Sat Feb 28 14:26:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sheoul said:
>Sheesh. This is how all of you react to the whisper of change. And this is (please don't hurt me for saying this) ONLY A FORUM. Makes for a convenient analogy.

ONLY A FORUM!? ONLY A FORUM!?
*gets all huffy and glares at sheoul*

>
>Picture an entire country that believes that same sex marriages should not happen. And there's a minority screaming for change. Why should the rest of the country give in? They feel exactly how all of you felt about the forum issue, but to them it's much more than a forum at stake.

that's really stretching it dude. having been in american english classes my whole life i've learned one thing from my pitifully desperate teachers: you can make ANYTHING seem like an analogy for something else.

Kira Posted: Sat Feb 28 14:39:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You know, as long as we have the same brilliant, honest, good people here, this will always be the best forum on the 'net...

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Feb 28 17:26:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>You know, as long as we have the same brilliant, honest, good people here, this will always be the best forum on the 'net...

yep, it's the people that make this forum, not the software.

Mouse Posted: Sat Feb 28 20:13:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hear hear!

Don't fight now, all's settled.
Group hug!

Mouse

antartica Posted: Sun Feb 29 04:26:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  woo hoo!!! group hug time!!!

and Chris.. i didn't call for this one! LOL

FN Posted: Sun Feb 29 12:54:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>woo hoo!!! group hug time!!!
>
>and Chris.. i didn't call for this one! LOL

You and Mouse are the only ones agreeing to hug eachother.

Mouse: Is that a match in your pants or are you just happy to see me ant?

Ant: It's cold here damned I swear that that's why it's this size!

iggy Posted: Sun Feb 29 20:44:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sheoul said:
>

well just because we don;t agree for a change then u go "sheesh"

only a forum? well if it is to u, then pack ur bags and go somewhere else ... this here forum is anything but a forum.

well. the majority of us in here wants u to sit and spin on this
......................//)
....................,/../
.................../..../
.............//'...'/`
........../'/.../..../......./
........('(.......... ~/'...')
..........................'.../
..........''............. _.
..........................(

would u do that?

marsteller Posted: Tue Mar 2 01:03:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  little late to joining this one, but i say don't change anything. the forum is sweet, and it's mad easy to use.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]