Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

The return of the site
mat_j Posted: Fri Feb 27 16:16:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ok so the site died again but was revived by the god like Jason Quek, but is revives the fear of the great posting loss of 01 (or 02 cn't remember). If that happens (when i'm so close to getting 1000 posts i'll be very upset. Some plan needs to be devised to protect the system.

Right i'm off to rock night to get pissed. LAters dudes

SntSaturn Posted: Fri Feb 27 16:25:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wouldn't it be strange to someday run into Jason? I wonder what it's like to meet god...

And Jason - do you ever wonder what it would be like to meet some of the plonkers/plinkers on here?

FN Posted: Fri Feb 27 17:49:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aren't there like programs to download entire sites?

I heard of that once, would be nice to download all the threads here and update the saved file once in a while.

So much knowlegde/information/viewpoints

Kira Posted: Fri Feb 27 17:56:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I was actually amused when it went down this time... I had fun imagining how many GTers must be lying on their floors curled up and moaning in agony.

addi Posted: Fri Feb 27 18:19:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>I was actually amused when it went down this time... I had fun imagining how many GTers must be lying on their floors curled up and moaning in agony.

what an evil, evil thing to say! : )

iggy Posted: Fri Feb 27 19:43:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>I was actually amused when it went down this time... I had fun imagining how many GTers must be lying on their floors curled up and moaning in agony.

bad girl ... bad bad evil bride of satan

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 27 19:48:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:

Damn yous and your amusement at a such a tragedy.

Kira Posted: Fri Feb 27 20:49:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hahaha, have you all finally caught on?

I don't enjoy down-time anymore than the rest of you. :P I just deal with my pain in different ways, mwahaha.

webmaster Posted: Sat Feb 28 01:52:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry about the problems. Still trying to sort out some server issues as I've just moved servers and it works differently from the old one.

SntSaturn said:
>Wouldn't it be strange to someday run into Jason? I wonder what it's like to meet god...
>
>And Jason - do you ever wonder what it would be like to meet some of the plonkers/plinkers on here?

Of course I wonder about it. All the time. I dunno. It will be both interesting and scary, but I'm sure we'll have helluva time.

Christophe said:
>Aren't there like programs to download entire sites?
>
>I heard of that once, would be nice to download all the threads here and update the saved file once in a while.
>
>So much knowlegde/information/viewpoints

There was once a site which copied everything in GT. Not sure what happened to it though.

I have everything periodically triple backed-up. On the server, on my computer and on CD so should anything happen, all the info should be safe.

I'd love to provide public access to the forum backup, but it's all in relational databases. I cannot release the profiles database for obvious privacy issues, and without the that, the forum database wouldn't make much sense.

Also, the bandwidth would kill me. It already is. Within 6 months, forum traffic has more than doubled from 3GB to 7GB and bandwidth is expensive... :)

Puck Posted: Sat Feb 28 02:19:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So, what about the "view all" in the member list? Is it not there or am I crazy?

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 28 03:01:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>So, what about the "view all" in the member list? Is it not there or am I crazy?

I had notice that also.

I just did no want to say anything, cause well, I didnt want to sound crazy :)

dan632 Posted: Sat Feb 28 03:16:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Aren't there like programs to download entire sites?
>
>I heard of that once, would be nice to download all the threads here and update the saved file once in a while.
>
>So much knowlegde/information/viewpoints

it's called 'wacking' a site, i could probably find out what program does it if u want?

dan632 Posted: Sat Feb 28 03:18:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>So, what about the "view all" in the member list? Is it not there or am I crazy?

it's still there, u gotta find the old format part of the forum, go to the main forum page and search for sumthing that won't bring up many results, like say searching for the username Koff, coz hey, let's face it, he wasn't around for long (thank god)

iggy Posted: Sat Feb 28 04:54:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  webmaster said:
>Sorry about the problems. Still trying to sort out some server issues as I've just moved servers and it works differently from the old one.
>
>
>SntSaturn said:
>>Wouldn't it be strange to someday run into Jason? I wonder what it's like to meet god...
>>
>>And Jason - do you ever wonder what it would be like to meet some of the plonkers/plinkers on here?
>
>Of course I wonder about it. All the time. I dunno. It will be both interesting and scary, but I'm sure we'll have helluva time.
>
>
>Christophe said:
>>Aren't there like programs to download entire sites?
>>
>>I heard of that once, would be nice to download all the threads here and update the saved file once in a while.
>>
>>So much knowlegde/information/viewpoints
>
>There was once a site which copied everything in GT. Not sure what happened to it though.
>
>I have everything periodically triple backed-up. On the server, on my computer and on CD so should anything happen, all the info should be safe.
>
>I'd love to provide public access to the forum backup, but it's all in relational databases. I cannot release the profiles database for obvious privacy issues, and without the that, the forum database wouldn't make much sense.
>
>Also, the bandwidth would kill me. It already is. Within 6 months, forum traffic has more than doubled from 3GB to 7GB and bandwidth is expensive... :)

i shall not post all my randomness in here that often.

if there a way we can help 'ease' ur burden?
*takes out hard earn cash with blood on it*

take it take it take it!

mat_j Posted: Sat Feb 28 08:24:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I will pay for a new my GT as soon as i figure out how to with my stupid card

FN Posted: Sat Feb 28 08:29:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd pay for it if I could as well

webmaster Posted: Sun Feb 29 03:40:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:

I took it off as that eats up a lot of bandwidth. Will put it back on when I figure out how better to improve this function.

chanz said:
>
>i shall not post all my randomness in here that often.
>
>if there a way we can help 'ease' ur burden?
>*takes out hard earn cash with blood on it*
>
>take it take it take it!

mat_j said:
>I will pay for a new my GT as soon as i figure out how to with my stupid card

Christophe said:
>I'd pay for it if I could as well

No worries guys, although I appreciate the thought. Just try not to needlessly copy entire chunks of text which has nothing to do with your reply and that will help a lot. :)

antartica Posted: Sun Feb 29 04:19:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  webmaster said:
>No worries guys, although I appreciate the thought. Just try not to needlessly copy entire chunks of text which has nothing to do with your reply and that will help a lot. :)

Posting Slut roger on that!...

mat_j Posted: Sun Feb 29 05:37:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  

>webmaster said:
>>No worries guys, although I appreciate the thought. Just try not to needlessly copy entire chunks of text which has nothing to do with your reply and that will help a lot. :)

Can do chief

iggy Posted: Sun Feb 29 20:14:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  aye captain

dan632 Posted: Mon Mar 1 01:48:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  it happened again!! i wonder if paypal uses Bpay or direct account deposit?

Kira Posted: Mon Mar 1 01:50:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It returns! Again! Waha!

DanSRose Posted: Mon Mar 1 02:33:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>It returns! Again! Waha!

About time. I was worried for a bit.

iggy Posted: Mon Mar 1 05:13:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  who's dansrose?

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]