Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Lost In Translation Vs Wong Kar Wai
iggy Posted: Tue Mar 2 22:17:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  for people that liked lost in translation, its a good movie, i agree. but the style, the camera angles, the storylines i feel is strongly influenced by wong kar wai's movies.

2 characters fall in love but didn't end up making love - as seen in "In the mood for love"
Lost, disconnection from the city - as seen in "ChungKing Express"

a few of wong kar wai's movies i recommend if u like sofia coppola's style in lost in translation.

1)In the mood for love.
2) ChungKing Express
3) Happy Together
4) Days of Being Wild
5) Ashes of Time
6) Fallen Angels

go watch them if u like Lost in Translation.

if u want to watch more movies on alienation.

try films from these directors too.

Jean Luc Godard. Wong Kar Wai was heavily influenced by the french new wave director. Try "Breathless"

Michealangelo Antoniono. Moody films. Try "Blowup". Slightly avant garde, but highly watchable.

SekiRay Posted: Tue Mar 2 23:38:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You've damn well listed nearly all of his movies except for As Tears Go By. A big fan?

iggy Posted: Wed Mar 3 00:37:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lol. big fan.

lethal_poppy Posted: Wed Mar 3 18:27:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  wah kaoz! I love chungking express and in the mood for love. yeah, totally different stories, feelings and emotions.

Simply lurved the way the great Mr Wong does his stuff, no scripts, just feeeelings during the whole production, way cool!

and he was inspired by the song "in the mood for love" before he decided to make a movie outta it based on his own interpretations of the show. :)

and yes, i would love to be in his art department.... *daydreams away to WongKarWaiLand*

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]