Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

dear mr. kerry
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 3 20:34:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dear Mr. Kerry
Jay Bryant

Because it was not my lot to serve in Vietnam, I have no qualifications to criticize those who did. But John Kerry has been running on his war record in a vastly more blatant way than previous candidates have done (George Bush the Elder, for example, or Bob Dole), he has opened the door for those who are qualified to express their views on his Vietnam record both while he was there and after he returned.

One man with exceptional qualifications in that regard is retired Army Col. Glenn Lackey, who also knows something about life in the verbal combat zone known as Capitol Hill, where he served a stint as Chief of Staff for a Member of Congress.

Before that Lackey not only spent combat time in Vietnam, but also in Somalia and the Gulf War.

Recently, Lackey decided to express his thoughts on Kerry's public record, and being a very direct kind of guy, did it directly, by writing the following letter to Kerry, which I thought might interest readers of this space:

Dear Mr. Kerry;

After spending only four months in the country of Vietnam, you testified before Congress in 1971 with these exact words about incidents you say you witnessed: "They personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blew up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Viet Nam."

Spread that on a farmer's field where it will do some good. I spent a year there in 1968-69 in a combat arms unit. I was a Field Artillery Forward Observer in an Infantry company and I saw combat every day until I was wounded. When I returned from the hospital, I was assigned to an artillery battery. I saw brave men fight and die; I saw brave, good men pass out all their rations to hungry kids, build churches and schools, donate to orphanages, cry silently at the sight of villagers slaughtered by North Vietnamese, but I never saw anything approaching the war crimes that you happened to witness as your boat sped by villages on the river bank. If you witnessed atrocities and did not report them, you are guilty of aiding and abetting. If you lied, you are simply unfit for leadership at any level. The most serious incident I witnessed was a young sergeant who grabbed the arm of a Vietnamese woman during a village search. An older, more experienced noncommissioned officer knocked the sergeant to the ground and told him, somewhat forcefully, that that woman was someone's mother and would be treated with respect. That's it, Kerry, that's my confession - I didn't report the incident.

I have children, and my children have children. They will, perhaps, stumble upon your words, much as one might stumble upon a pile of dog droppings. I do not relish the thought of having to explain that your "experiences" are either a bald-faced lie, or you belong to that less-than-1% of Viet Nam veterans who committed war crimes/atrocities. Either way, your words do great harm to the institution of the Senate, my home state of Massachusetts, the Armed Services in which I proudly served for 27 years, and the very country that you aspire to lead.

Is it true that you single-handedly prevented a vote on a Senate version of H.R. 2833, the Viet Nam Human Rights Act of 2001 - a bill that passed the House by a vote of 410-1? There are many who believe that our failure to speak decisively on that issue cost the lives of thousands of Montagnard tribesman in Viet Nam. Where do you stand on H.R. 1587, the Viet Nam Human Rights Act of 2003? Will you support a parallel bill in the Senate? Is it true that you served as Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on MIA/POW Affairs and in that role you fought hard to limit the expenditure of funds to investigate sightings or search for remains? You have, I believe, been a steadfast, staunch and vocal advocate for normalizing relations with Viet Nam. Could it be that your beloved first cousin, Mr. Forbes, CEO of Colliers International, recently signed a contract with Hanoi worth billions of dollars? Any truth to the rumor that you didn't really fling your "hard-earned" military medals over the White House fence in a juvenile fit of pique as you say you did, but rather, you threw your roommate's medals instead?

I know dozens of retired military professionals. None of them support you - there is a reason for that. They all served honorably and well, and they all believe that you did not. I know war heroes, and your, sir, are no war hero.

-- Glenn Lackey

addi Posted: Wed Mar 3 21:23:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I find it strange you would belittle a fellow vietnam vet. Not like his political stand, yes, but attack with this?! In light of what is known about Bush's service record?
For the record, I don't even care about Bush's Air Nat'l Guard record. I just hate the hypocrasy of coming across as the big military man hero land on an aircraft carrier commander in chief bullshit, and then have to listen to republican dribble about Kerry's military history. It's beyond stupid.

Want some real food for thought to balance the above?

www.awolbush.com

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 3 22:25:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
www.awolbush.com

I have seen and read all that, and the facts are that bush did serve his time. the folks who write that trash about him being awol have no idea how the national guard works. you are not required to serve all your committed time at once. you can take breaks for various reasons, but it matters not because the liberals and bush haters will keep bringing this up and putting it out there and selling it as gospel, but the facts are this: kerry will get absoluely no respect from the military in this country. what does that tell you?
read the letter again and tell me where it is in error.
kerry was no hero and then he lied about what he saw when he returned.
Do you really believe he saw american soldiers committing those atrocities, especially only serving 4 months and most of it on a boat ? Hell, the atrocities he is accusing his fellow soldiers of committing are worse than anything the iraqis did on the battlefield.
no, no, no, my friend, when kerry runs on his military record and he never misses a chance to use it, he opens it up for scrutiny.

addi Posted: Wed Mar 3 23:23:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lol!

It's always comforting to know you have all the facts, hif. I keep forgetting how this administration clears everything with you first.

Asswipe Posted: Wed Mar 3 23:33:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Is anyone here a vet?

this article does not disprove Kerry's stories, it just gives another account of vietnam.

HIF: what could kerry gain by fabricating his little tales?

marsteller Posted: Thu Mar 4 01:34:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  nice tits addison.

addi Posted: Thu Mar 4 06:50:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>nice tits addison.

That's a first

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Mar 4 06:54:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>lol!
>
>It's always comforting to know you have all the facts, hif. I keep forgetting how this administration clears everything with you first.

As do the liberals with you addie.

addi Posted: Thu Mar 4 07:17:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That's BS. I don't claim to have all the facts and answers. I never have. I'm always saying in my disagreements that things aren't black and white. That there are factors that come in to cloud things up.
My point in saying that is that with you it always seems so clear cut. You've got the real inside scoop, you've got the facts, you've got the reliable sources to separate fact from fiction.
Truth is you don't have diddleysquat more than me. You're fed the same trash I am hif, whether it's on the web or the boob tube. The difference is you've been brainwashed to believe everything you read that comes from a conservative source is reality.
I went to a few Bush bashing sites yesterday (to see which one I would put up in response to this post). One of them was really funny liberal toasting of Dubya, but I knew it was unsubstantiated and the sources and reasoning were questionable. So I didn't use it.
So, no it isn't the same with me. I, in fact, do question things. I don't pretend to have the corner on truth.

Conservatives can be so unbelievably pretentious and self righteous. Come down and join the rest of us poor smucks sometime, who know they don't have all the facts and answers, and are therefore forced to think on their own.

addi Posted: Thu Mar 4 07:33:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  check out
www.realchange.org

It attempts to expose the dirt on Bush...and liberal democrats. Amazing that I would actually post information that has dirt on my liberal compatriots!

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Mar 4 19:04:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>That's BS. I don't claim to have all the facts and answers. I never have. I'm always saying in my disagreements that things aren't black and white. That there are factors that come in to cloud things up.
>My point in saying that is that with you it always seems so clear cut. You've got the real inside scoop, you've got the facts, you've got the reliable sources to separate fact from fiction.

That is because I don't pontificate out of ignorance. If It's something I have no knowledge of, then I won't comment on it.
This much I know. Dubya did serve his time in the guard and was honorably discharged.
Mr. Kerry turned his back on his fellow veterans and called them robbers, murderers, rapists and worse.
I can also tell you that he will get zero support from the military in the coming election.

>Truth is you don't have diddleysquat more than me. You're fed the same trash I am hif, whether it's on the web or the boob tube. The difference is you've been brainwashed to believe everything you read that comes from a conservative source is reality.

now that's just mean !
No, I'm not brainwashed, and I'm actually a pretty intelligent guy. I don't subscribe to the republican line all the way, but I do subscribe to conservatism. I do believe in "the elite liberal media", and also think that any educated person who doesn't, is probably as brainwashed as you seem to think I am.

>I went to a few Bush bashing sites yesterday (to see which one I would put up in response to this post). One of them was really funny liberal toasting of Dubya, but I knew it was unsubstantiated and the sources and reasoning were questionable. So I didn't use it.
>So, no it isn't the same with me. I, in fact, do question things. I don't pretend to have the corner on truth.

Truth be told, I questioned Dubya's ability to do the job when he was elected. I still don't think he's the greatest man to hold the office, but I do think 9/11 changed alot. I believe he was in the right place at the right time. Much like a peacetime general. Had 9/11 never happened, the economy would have improved eventually and taxes would have eased a litte more, but other than that . . .who knows?
But I'm pretty sure that if Gore was in office, the Taliban would still be in power and we would be working with the UN with absololutely no results and we would most likely have been hit by terrorists several more times.
Anyone think it's just a coincidence that we haven't been hit by terrorists since 9/11 ?

>Conservatives can be so unbelievably pretentious and self righteous. Come down and join the rest of us poor smucks sometime, who know they don't have all the facts and answers, and are therefore forced to think on their own.

Sorry dude, I've been a liberal and I just got disgusted with it all. Talk about self righteousness . . .I could never be a part of the party of the Kennedy's.

Now on a lighter note, would you like me to cut and paste a few columns by Ann Coulter ? I'm sure you love her.

addi Posted: Thu Mar 4 20:20:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I get too mean when I get in political discussions with you, hif. I don't like being that way. I get passionate, and it turns into anger. If you were a complete asshole it wouldn't bother me, but underneath the conservative shit there's a guy I have a lot of things in common with and enjoy talking to.

If I didn't know better I'd say you purposely post things here trying to get me all worked up and sucking me into responding.

I'll pass on the Ann Cunter articles. Thank you

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Mar 4 21:04:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>If I didn't know better I'd say you purposely post things here trying to get me all worked up and sucking me into responding.
>
There is a little truth to the above statement, but sometimes I just want to know what your opinion might be.
I'm just as passionate as you and sometimes I just can't understand why the whole world doesn't see things my way.
one thing I've learned - never judge a man by his politics, there's too many other reasons to judge him.
Besides, in thirty short years, you and I will be dead, or near dead, and what, if any of it would have mattered ?

addi Posted: Fri Mar 5 07:23:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>one thing I've learned - never judge a man by his politics, there's too many other reasons to judge him.

LOL! So very true. Personaly, I try to only judge another man by the size of his member. Ya just have to be sneaky about it cuz ya don't want him catching you checking him out.

>Besides, in thirty short years, you and I will be dead, or near dead, and what, if any of it would have mattered ?

I now have my happy thought for Friday : )

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]