Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Scuba?
Archangel Posted: Tue Mar 16 18:51:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So what did you answer? How many people said no but wanna try?

addi Posted: Tue Mar 16 19:02:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  snorkled several times. reefs off of Belize in the warm crystal clear waters among the sharks, sting rays and brightly colored fish was the best. Key West florida, and Bahamas were dissapointing in comparison.
it is one of the most inspiring, peaceful, awesome things i've experienced in life. I'll be finding ways to snorkel for the rest of my life.
want to do the Great barrier Reef in Australia someday

kurohyou Posted: Tue Mar 16 19:05:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Have had a friend at work who scuba's on a regular basis, I think he just became a Dive Master or something like that. He just went Ice Diving at a Lake here in Colorado. That's a little over the top for me, but I wouldn't mind trying at some point before I die.

addi Posted: Tue Mar 16 19:10:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  where you at in colorado, panther?

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Mar 16 20:05:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sounds nice, but I would prefer the mountains in winter.

Billy Pilgrim Posted: Tue Mar 16 20:05:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Scubaerd in Spain about 9 years ago, fucking brilliant, you gotta love that shit

Archangel Posted: Tue Mar 16 23:56:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm jealous Addi, Belize is on my short list of dive destinations.

antartica Posted: Wed Mar 17 00:02:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  did it while i was still in college and have not had a chance since. just found out an old army buddy is a dive master so am going to take it all over again... wheee... erh... blub blub blub more like it.

misszero Posted: Wed Mar 17 03:58:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i went snorkelling on the barrier reef a few years back. spent a week and a half on a 30 foot catamaran on the whitsundays. beautiful.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 17 07:06:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>i went snorkelling on the barrier reef a few years back. spent a week and a half on a 30 foot catamaran on the whitsundays. beautiful.

oh baby ! what were you wearing ?

lethal_poppy Posted: Wed Mar 17 08:11:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hehe! i went snorkelling off a beautiful island Redang in malaysia a few years back. it was really beeeautiful. and its a weirdly enjoyable feeling having A4 sized irrediscent, rainbow coloured fishes brush past you in schools... way cool!

addi Posted: Wed Mar 17 08:47:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lethal_poppy said:
and its a weirdly enjoyable feeling having A4 sized irrediscent, rainbow coloured fishes brush past you in schools... way cool!

it is a trip!
just stay away from the enticing penisfish, and the sneaky antarticafish. they're both trouble!

kurohyou Posted: Wed Mar 17 10:14:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>where you at in colorado, panther?

The sprawling Devner Metro Area. My Zip tells me Denver, but I'm in between Denver, Aurora and the Denver Tech Center. Mailing Address is Denver.

addi Posted: Wed Mar 17 10:47:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Panther said:

>The sprawling Devner Metro Area. My Zip tells me Denver, but I'm in between Denver, Aurora and the Denver Tech Center. Mailing Address is Denver.

just get a smile on my face when i think of colorado. have some serious ties to Ouray, Telluride, Montrose areas

Iamjustdancing. Posted: Wed Mar 17 10:50:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ive been to elitch gardens or whatever in denver :P it was fun.

as for scuba i always wanted to do it so bad, but i have tried snorkling, in lakes mostly, but it was still fun. I would love to goto a place where you could actually see wildsealife or something when you snorkled. Someday, my friends, someday.

libra Posted: Wed Mar 17 10:57:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've been snorkeling in hawaii, so pretty! I'd love to scuba dive, but i think i would be scared...I don't know...it seems so closed in or something, I don't think i could handle it...

Iamjustdancing. Posted: Wed Mar 17 11:00:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  wuss.

marsi Posted: Wed Mar 17 11:49:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've been snorkeling in Adriatic sea when I was in High school

FN Posted: Wed Mar 17 12:39:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Some more useless information:

The guy who first invented the 'aqua lung' was jaqcues coustea, who I assume you all have heard about.

He also invented a kind of sub-marine shaped like a UFO and started diving when he was in the french military, where he also got to know some of his later work partners.

The ship he served on was sinked but he was unharmed.

His own boat was called the calypso.

He helped filming a nazi propaganda film for his brother who was an important collaborator and who was jaqcues' source of film material.

Some times I wonder how I know stuff like this.

Archangel Posted: Wed Mar 17 13:28:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Some times I wonder how I know stuff like this.

You ain't the only one, but thanks for the info.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 17 15:28:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>>Some times I wonder how I know stuff like this.

Mr. Cousteau's life is well known here in the states.
John Denver wrote a song in honor of him called "High Calypso"

antartica Posted: Wed Mar 17 15:35:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>it is a trip!
>just stay away from the enticing penisfish, and the sneaky antarticafish. they're both trouble!

wassap bro!
the antarticafish is the rarerest and most friendliest breed alive! =P

antartica Posted: Wed Mar 17 15:51:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lethal_poppy said:
>hehe! i went snorkelling off a beautiful island Redang in malaysia a few years back. it was really beeeautiful. and its a weirdly enjoyable feeling having A4 sized irrediscent, rainbow coloured fishes brush past you in schools... way cool!

say when! =))

misszero Posted: Thu Mar 18 02:10:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  uh, i was wearing a bathing suit. tee hee hee. it was red, to match my toenail polish.

i wanna go scuba diving.

FN Posted: Thu Mar 18 11:41:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>uh, i was wearing a bathing suit. tee hee hee. it was red, to match my toenail polish.

Now you've done it...

*hears hif in the distance thundering towards misszero*

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]