Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

PETA
novemberrain Posted: Fri Mar 19 11:44:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Heard about this on my drive to work today.

http://www.peta.org/feat/HolocaustEurope/

FN Posted: Fri Mar 19 13:22:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The 'meet your meat' video was interesting.

DanSRose Posted: Fri Mar 19 13:27:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh my sweet Lord.
I can't believe how much PETA. stupid. the hell??? Can't use proper English.
Yes, the way animals are raised is just plain wrong. And distgusting and gross.
The Holocaust was the systematic destriction and elimination of entrie groups of people (yes Christophe, groups). It wasn't for food, or entertainment (the depends on who was doing it), or for profit (well it sort of was and that makes it worse). It was out of hate.

DanSRose Posted: Fri Mar 19 13:33:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Is anyone too surprised about this?
German Jews Attack Vegetarian Ad Campaign
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040318/od_nm/life_germany_jews_dc_1

12 step Posted: Fri Mar 19 13:54:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I can believe people would stoop sop low as to compare the treatment of animals to that of the suffering of the Jews in concentration camps you, cannot compare animals to humans. Ok it may suck for the animals but they were born to be food, plain and simple

Lets face facts here if we didnít have uses for cows chickens pigs etc they would more than likely be extinct as they would simply be pests at best and would not be tolerated on our land

Although the meet your meat video did provide a comic relief. The chicken and iron bar comedy gold

12 step Posted: Fri Mar 19 14:12:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  just curious did the meet your meat video make any one else hungry ?

novemberrain Posted: Fri Mar 19 14:33:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I clicked on the link for the free vegetarian starter kit. And this error message came up. (I have no intention of going vegetarian, I was just curious as to what the kit entailed.)

http://www.goveg.com/vegkit/index.html%5D

novemberrain Posted: Fri Mar 19 14:40:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.furisdead.com/momfur.html

Christian Posted: Fri Mar 19 14:43:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  it's not an error message...really...just look more closely novrain

novemberrain Posted: Fri Mar 19 14:50:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christian said:
>it's not an error message...really...just look more closely novrain
>
>

I did look more closely, Christian, that's why I posted it here. Thought it was good for a laugh.

Christian Posted: Fri Mar 19 14:57:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  silly me ! :-)

novemberrain Posted: Fri Mar 19 15:01:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christian said:
>silly me ! :-)

:)
Everyone should hit different links on the site. Seriously, it gets more and more amazing as you go along. I just have to chuckle and shake my head at some of it. Like the 'error' message.

I also especially liked the people who put their cats and dogs on vegetarian diets

novemberrain Posted: Fri Mar 19 15:12:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  People for the ethical treatment of insects

http://www.wheelerfamily.com/todd/Home.html

(sorry for all the postings, guys. It's friday and I'm bored at work. wishing I was anywhere but here:)

libra Posted: Fri Mar 19 15:34:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't agree with some of the things peta does...you can see that the visual images of the holocaust and the animal's treatment are similar, but the reasons behind them are definitely different. We don't kill animals to eat because we hate them, we kill them because we eat meat...and our bodies our built that way. I definitely don't agree with the way we treat the animals, I think we could be much more humane about it, but going about protesting it this way doesn't really seem to work.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Mar 19 15:38:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's not so bad here in my office. They brought a tv in so we could watch all the basketball games.
cool huh ?

casper Posted: Fri Mar 19 16:00:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>It's not so bad here in my office. They brought a tv in so we could watch all the basketball games.
>cool huh ?

that's good...i'd hate to have to call peta saying you were being abused...

FN Posted: Fri Mar 19 16:23:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Things won't change anyway.

Everybody is nagging that animals should be treated better and what not, but they don't want to pay for it.

In the end, if you see the exact same product in the store like a steak for example and one of those steaks is from an abused animal but costs 2Ä/$ less than the one of an animal with a relativly good life, people will buy the cheaper kind.

Like with so many other stuff, don't blame the people who produce it, blame the people who create a market for it.

Iamjustdancing. Posted: Fri Mar 19 16:47:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  PETA is just a terrorists group who worships tree's instead of allah. How about that for making a broad judgement across two groups!

marsteller Posted: Fri Mar 19 16:58:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'll take a double bacon-cheeseburger, extra bacon, extra rare. with a side of pork rinds. and some cow's blood for dipping.

FN Posted: Fri Mar 19 17:12:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ah yes, I like cynisism.

It's the hypocrisy behind it all that pisses me off though, when I say I don't care about bombs exploding in madrid or towers crashing in new york I'm the one who's being cynical.

Maya Posted: Fri Mar 19 19:18:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my name is Maya, im a vegetarian

novemberrain Posted: Fri Mar 19 20:23:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maya said:
>my name is Maya, im a vegetarian

what are your reasons for being a vegetarian, Maya?

DanSRose Posted: Fri Mar 19 20:59:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>It's not so bad here in my office. They brought a tv in so we could watch all the basketball games.
>cool huh ?

Go TERPS!!!

DanSRose Posted: Fri Mar 19 21:02:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maya said:
>my name is Maya, im a vegetarian

The first step to healing, Mayam is admitting you have a problem.
But seriously, nothing's wrong unless you take the most extreme position on it. There's a difference between environmental lobbyists and animal rights advocates and PETA and the extreme wings of Greenpeace.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Mar 19 22:35:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>It's not so bad here in my office. They brought a tv in so we could watch all the basketball games.
>>cool huh ?
>
>Go TERPS!!!

Louisville Cardinals Rule !

Mouse Posted: Sat Mar 20 00:03:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Things won't change anyway.

They can and they will, saying they won't just ensures it won't be you that does it.

>Everybody is nagging that animals should be treated better and what not, but they don't want to pay for it.

I pay for it, every week I go into the local small grocery and I buy pasture raised, hormone free beef and chicken. Other people come up beside me and select their meat, that's all that store carries.
>In the end, if you see the exact same product in the store like a steak for example and one of those steaks is from an abused animal but costs 2Ä/$ less than the one of an animal with a relativly good life, people will buy the cheaper kind.

Some people will buy the cheaper kind, I respect that, I do the same for certain things. The problem is the average consumer doesn't follow what they think with action. But they are learning, I know lots of intelligent people who are getting it, you have to buy things in accordance to what you believe should thrive.
>Like with so many other stuff, don't blame the people who produce it, blame the people who create a market for it.

My father and I sell organic produce at a farmer's market, every Saturday my dad talks to people about why they should pay more for things grown the way we grow them, why they should take the time to find out how and where their food is grown. And dozens of people know, they come and seek us out. It will change, it is changing.
Mouse

marsteller Posted: Sat Mar 20 03:17:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I also want some hot wings, venison, some veal parmigian, a few fried baby bunnies, and the catch of the day.

Billy Pilgrim Posted: Sat Mar 20 07:43:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What would happen to cows if we stopped eating their tasty tasty bodies and wearing their lovely skin? And for that matter what if we stopped turning their milk into delicious pasteurised beverages and mild or tangy cheeses, and their long old colons into sausage tubes? What would happen to the cows man?

Maya Posted: Sat Mar 20 07:45:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novrain said:

>
>what are your reasons for being a vegetarian, Maya?

well ive only been veggie for 2 years, started as a medical thing (my old body cant digest meat all that well!) and now the thought of eating a murdered animal sickens me....that and i feel fine so i really DONT need to eat meat to be healthy

novemberrain Posted: Sat Mar 20 08:34:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maya said:
>novrain said:
>
>>
>>what are your reasons for being a vegetarian, Maya?
>
>well ive only been veggie for 2 years, started as a medical thing (my old body cant digest meat all that well!) and now the thought of eating a murdered animal sickens me....that and i feel fine so i really DONT need to eat meat to be healthy

That's cool. I sometimes think of becoming a vegetarian, but I don't think I would have the will power.

That, and sometimes I just get this massive craving for a burger

Maya Posted: Sat Mar 20 08:38:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novrain said:

>
>That, and sometimes I just get this massive craving for a burger

i used to get them, in fact sometimes, even now, i crave crispy duck....not sure why, i was a chicken kinda girl...anyhow, the cravings go. besides, veggie aint for everyone, a friend of mine gave up meat and her hair started to fall out!

novemberrain Posted: Sat Mar 20 08:41:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maya said:

>i used to get them, in fact sometimes, even now, i crave crispy duck....not sure why, i was a chicken kinda girl...anyhow, the cravings go. besides, veggie aint for everyone, a friend of mine gave up meat and her hair started to fall out!

Aw man, now I want crispy duck :)

misszero Posted: Sat Mar 20 08:50:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  if god had wanted us to be vegetarian, he wouldn't have made cows out of beef.

i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

Maya Posted: Sat Mar 20 11:21:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>if god had wanted us to be vegetarian, he wouldn't have made cows out of beef.
>
>i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.
>
>**

lmao

mat_j Posted: Sat Mar 20 11:30:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>I also want some hot wings, venison, some veal parmigian, a few fried baby bunnies, and the catch of the day.

And a whole Dolphin stuffed with the tenderest puppy meat.

Maya Posted: Sat Mar 20 12:06:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  also....im the only animal hating vegetarian! cant stand them, dogs smell, cats are evil (except the one in the picutre) and all other animals suck.....actually, since i was a kid ive always had this thing for pingu (tv show? never spoke?) I LOVE PINGU....

and yes i too am wondering why i shared that

in the words of asswipe
I SUCK

FN Posted: Sat Mar 20 12:09:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There's nothing wrong with girls who suck.

Do you swallow?

Maya Posted: Sat Mar 20 12:17:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>There's nothing wrong with girls who suck.
>
>Do you swallow?

no, im a veggie, i dont eat meat!

FN Posted: Sat Mar 20 12:29:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maya said:
>Christophe said:
>>There's nothing wrong with girls who suck.
>>
>>Do you swallow?
>
>
>no, im a veggie, i dont eat meat!

Not even if I don't wash it for a while and it starts smelling like fish?

mat_j Posted: Sat Mar 20 12:40:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Maya said:
>>Christophe said:
>>>There's nothing wrong with girls who suck.
>>>
>>>Do you swallow?
>>
>>
>>no, im a veggie, i dont eat meat!
>
>
>Not even if I don't wash it for a while and it starts smelling like fish?

Ok Christophe I'm going to have to stop you there, no reason, i'm just going to have to stop you.

I remember Pingu, Pingu was cool as pies, was his language like Finnish swear words or something?

FN Posted: Sat Mar 20 12:54:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Everybody loves pingu.

He likes fish by the way.

Maya Posted: Sat Mar 20 14:13:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Everybody loves pingu.
>
>He likes fish by the way.

i dont eat fish either...

....well not unless its clean....Christophe...we have taken this whole PETA thing to a whole new level, god bless ya!

Paulo Posted: Sun Mar 21 17:31:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Great video, for some reason I failed to feel any sympathy for the animals, even though I knew there are far less cruel ways to keep animals. But i really couldn't care less.

As for comparing it to the Holocaust thats wrong, and I do believe Peta take their fight too far. I've read about them harrassing actors for endorsing KFC and eating meat and really giving them grief for it. Its up to the individual what they eat.

The minute that video ended I went and made myself a ham sandwhich. I aslo had an apple too, whose tree was kept in a 8ft square cage. And who grew soo fat off hormones that it couldn't support itself and fell down, saving the apple pickers a good half hour or so.

misszero Posted: Mon Mar 22 06:04:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  tee hee hee.

mat_j Posted: Mon Mar 22 10:43:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Paulo said:
>Great video, for some reason I failed to feel any sympathy for the animals, even though I knew there are far less cruel ways to keep animals. But i really couldn't care less.
>
>As for comparing it to the Holocaust thats wrong, and I do believe Peta take their fight too far. I've read about them harrassing actors for endorsing KFC and eating meat and really giving them grief for it. Its up to the individual what they eat.
>
>The minute that video ended I went and made myself a ham sandwhich. I aslo had an apple too, whose tree was kept in a 8ft square cage. And who grew soo fat off hormones that it couldn't support itself and fell down, saving the apple pickers a good half hour or so.

see Paulo, this is why your the leader (apart from in space where i reign supreme!)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]