Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

Whats you tipple?
Maya Posted: Sat Mar 20 15:42:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So... whilst i am getting ready for a night out and drinking away i pondered over a VERY IMPORTANT issue! What are my fellow GTers favourite drink? I mean, it says lot about a person!
I am currently drinking cider which says "im a scummy student who cant afford REAL alcohol" so...please do tell! Also my fave is Whisky and lemonade (how girly!)
btw hands up who giggled at tipple? yes people its sounds like hehehehehe


 
FN Posted: Sat Mar 20 15:44:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A "diamond" (red wodka mixed with red bull)

or Safari Orange





Other than that I don't drink any alcohol though, I refuse to lose control over my actions.


 
Maya Posted: Sat Mar 20 15:48:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:


>Other than that I don't drink any alcohol though, I refuse to lose control over my actions.

Sounds very much like you! i dont even know you but it seems apt!



 
addi Posted: Sat Mar 20 16:22:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hard stuff
Margarita
not much into straight shots of anything except high quality tequilla

Prefer beer, but not the typical american tasteless piss kind.
wine with meals, not so much by itself.

Don't like to get pissed very often. It's rare for me to drink too much. When I do i usually make a grade A fool of myself and do stupid things like flirt with lesbians of spanish descent


 
marsteller Posted: Sat Mar 20 16:25:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i drink as often as i can....puke almost as often...hangovers are just a part of my everyday life...if im just at a party sluggin beers, i'll go with some nice cold coors light, preferably in cans...at a bar i'll order black and tans....if there's liquor around, things tend to get a little dangerous...right now im on an Evan Williams kick, it's a Jack Daniels ripoff that's like half price and tastes amazing....split a liter with a buddy of mine, and the night has begun.


 
FN Posted: Sat Mar 20 16:30:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maya said:
>Christophe said:
>
>
>>Other than that I don't drink any alcohol though, I refuse to lose control over my actions.
>
>Sounds very much like you! i dont even know you but it seems apt!
>


I'll take that as a compliment :o)


 
Maya Posted: Sat Mar 20 17:30:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>When I do i usually make a grade A fool of myself and do stupid things like flirt with lesbians of spanish
descent

im actually bisexual so dont stress you wont be making a fool of yourself! ;)


 
marsteller Posted: Sat Mar 20 17:33:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  good call on the red bull and vodka, christophe


 
novemberrain Posted: Sat Mar 20 18:04:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  cran juice and vodka (anything with vodka, really)
and bocci ball (amaretto and oj)


 
sweet p Posted: Sat Mar 20 18:33:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my favourite is beer:
KEITH'S

Lowenbrau, Tiger, Stella Artois, Heineken, Canadian, and Sapporo are all good too.


Oh, and I like whisky. A few rye-and-gingers and I am happy. : )


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sat Mar 20 18:35:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  bloody marys, margaritas, but I don't drink very often.
Wine with pasta is awesome.
A good brandy after a heavy meal.
Or a shot of sambuca after a good italian dinner.


 
misszero Posted: Sat Mar 20 19:35:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  a shot of sambuca is always good.

i like tequila. and more or less anything. *sighs*

i'm going on a 'field trip' (ahahaha) for university next week, and we get free high class beer and wine (and food) should be interesting.


 
Mesh Posted: Sat Mar 20 19:56:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Take a wild guess.





whats that, stoli you say? Why yes, yes you are correct.


Heil Stolichnaya!!!!


 
zander83 Posted: Sat Mar 20 21:21:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like beer... but if im going more cocktail a black russian or liquid cocaine... depends on how sleepy i am


 
Maya Posted: Sat Mar 20 21:38:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i could never do tequila, always got me too drunk!
I used to LOVE vodka redbull but one night i got the shakes form too much redbull!!! SO not fun!



 
simonvii Posted: Sat Mar 20 22:08:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  downed a bottle of 99 bananas with a buddy the other night, was pretty good until the next day now i hate the stuff...i like beer, preferably keg and COLD...and that woodchuck hard cider stuff is pretty good...word of advice to whom it may concern - dont go shot for shot with 151 when theres a paintball gun around...


 
SekiRay Posted: Sat Mar 20 22:54:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  got to be milk.... chocolate


 
libra Posted: Sat Mar 20 23:25:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i like chocolate milk too


but as far as alcohol is concerned, i'm very picky. I like some beer...i like mike's hard lemonade too...wine's good, but on a more food-related basis.


 
Blackstar Posted: Sat Mar 20 23:32:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  easy.
mountain dew.


i dont drink. but i can get absolutely shit-faced on md if im in the mood.


 
antartica Posted: Sat Mar 20 23:48:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  most any good scotch... currently have been in a Chivas phase.. used to be stuck on black label. tried blue dun like it too much.
have yet to try royal salute though. have a bottle just calling to me...

go through about 3 bottles a week with my buddy... that's a regular week back home here in dingapore..



 
Kira Posted: Sat Mar 20 23:48:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mountain Dew, oh yeah! Do the Dew.


 
kelly Posted: Sat Mar 20 23:56:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i drink pepsi and gatorade...mmmmmmm and sometimes that upside down 7-up


 
Dancer Posted: Sun Mar 21 00:17:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i always stick to beer, as i binge drink alot. but i do not really enjoy the taste of drinks.. except one : Baileys.


 
misszero Posted: Sun Mar 21 06:40:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  tee hee hee, binge drinking is awesome. i read Stephen King's "On Witing" a while ago, and he was talking about how he used to be of the thinking 'what's the point of drinking if you don't get drunk?' and that's more or less how I am. i think i'll grow out of it. but probably not. muahahahaha.


 
FN Posted: Sun Mar 21 07:57:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Belgian Beer rules


Stella Artois, Jupiler, Maes, Palm,...


 
marsi Posted: Sun Mar 21 08:29:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Semi-dry or semi-sweet white wine.


 
addi Posted: Sun Mar 21 09:40:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  non-alcoholic: Coke (can not stand Pepsi products), Cherry coke and 7UP are the best. As a mixer 7UP and Bourbon is pretty good, just a tad sweet though.

Cannot understand binge drinking. I couldn't even when i was in my teens and 20's. Drinking till the room was spinning, you couldn't stand, you pissed on someone, then puked your guts out, and then having to deal with the aftermath of a headache and hangover just never seemed too bright to me (i'm talking about consistant repeat offenders here). Not to mention all the brain cell damage and other shit it does to your body. Seems to me a few of you need to hang on dearly to every brain cell you have : )
Every now and then get a buzz, get small, and get stupid, that's fun. Leave it at that.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Mar 21 09:47:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>non-alcoholic: Coke (can not stand Pepsi products), Cherry coke and 7UP are the best. As a mixer 7UP and Bourbon is pretty good, just a tad sweet though.
>
Dude, I don't want to burst your bubble, but 7UP is a Pepsi product. I suggest you switch to Sprite immediately.

I will agree that Coke rules over Pepsi and all other cola products to be sure.

Makers Mark and Coke.
Captain Morgan and Sprite.
King Thong and Neve Campbell, no wait wrong thread, got carried away . . .


 
addi Posted: Sun Mar 21 09:53:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Dude, I don't want to burst your bubble, but 7UP is a Pepsi product. I suggest you switch to Sprite immediately.

Really? i thought they were still independent. Huh, that sucks. Every store or resturant I go to that has a contract with PepsiCo. doesn't carry 7UP. They have this shit called Sierra Mist (which sucks).
If that's true Pepsi's doing a sucky job making it available.

Yeah, most of the time I drink Sprite.



 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Mar 21 09:59:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  perhaps it's a regional thing.
Here locally, it's bottled by Pepsi, and Sprite is a Coke product.
I used to drive a route truck for Coke in another life. It was the hardest job I've ever had, even tougher than boot camp.
If 7UP is independent, then they would most likely have a contract with whoever the local bottlers are to market their product, and apparently they have a relationship with Pepsi.
Perhaps that might explain why it could be hard to come by in Atlanta, the Coke capital of the world. heheh
Ever heard of a similar drink called Upper 10 ?


 
addi Posted: Sun Mar 21 10:21:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  never hoid of it.

The other funny thing about regionalisms is that growing up in the midwest and north it was never referred to as soda. Everyone calls it pop there. When i first moved to the south and asked a waitress what kind of pop they had i got very confused looks.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Mar 21 10:25:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>never hoid of it.
>
>The other funny thing about regionalisms is that growing up in the midwest and north it was never referred to as soda. Everyone calls it pop there. When i first moved to the south and asked a waitress what kind of pop they had i got very confused looks.

yeah, around here it's coke, doesn't matter what flavor, it's still coke as in what kind of coke do you want.
I ran into the pop or soda thing in the military, guys from all over ya know.

another regional oddity:
are your three meals of the day breakfast, dinner, and supper or breakfast, lunch, and dinner ?


 
addi Posted: Sun Mar 21 10:54:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  must have grown up in a border area. we used both terms, supper and dinner.


 
antartica Posted: Sun Mar 21 12:42:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  here in dingypore we got four meals... breakfast, lunch, dinner AND supper =P

food glorious food!


 
Mouse Posted: Sun Mar 21 12:48:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Root Beer float! A local company used to make this 'winter brew', best soda ever! I really miss that stuff. I also like Dr. Pepper, Dew, and coke.
As far as alcohol goes, I like most red wine but I can't stand most beer, I've only ever had one I actually liked. Beyond that I haven't tried much, a few flavored liquors. I've always wanted to try mead.
Mouse the Tall


 
iggy Posted: Sun Mar 21 12:57:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i dun drink as much as i used to...

so my poison these days are coffee and lots of coke.

i'm living a pretty bpring life now.
no smoking
no alcohol.

damn


 
marsteller Posted: Sun Mar 21 13:06:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  pepsi realized it was losing to coke on the citrus-soda battlefield, so tried to institute seirra mist in place of 7up.


 
addi Posted: Sun Mar 21 13:13:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>i dun drink as much as i used to...
>
>so my poison these days are coffee and lots of coke.
>
>i'm living a pretty bpring life now.
>no smoking
>no alcohol.
>
>damn
It is hard. I know what you mean with the smoking part. Sometimes it REALLY sucks!
remember
your body thanks you
momo thanks you
and who chanz is isn't what he puts in his lungs and how much alcohol he consumes anyway




 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Mar 21 14:06:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>It is hard. I know what you mean with the smoking part. Sometimes it REALLY sucks!
>remember
>your body thanks you
>momo thanks you
>and who chanz is isn't what he puts in his lungs and how much alcohol he consumes anyway
>
ahhhh, the simple wisdom of addison . . .


 
addi Posted: Sun Mar 21 14:51:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>ahhhh, the simple wisdom of addison . . .

HaHa!
now if i could only practice what i preach

funny you call it that hif. a few years back I illustrated 8 books, each with the title of "The Simple Wisdom of.."


 
Malik Posted: Sun Mar 21 15:11:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's breakfast, dinner, and then supper. But I don't eat dinner (lunch for y'all), so it's a snack around 4pm, and then supper.

When I say "coke", I mean a genuine Coke-a-cola.

People around here call carbonated drinks "cokes", but I call them "sodas." I do so to both avoid confusion, and to stop the blastphemy of calling a Dr. Pepper a Coke.

When I have a large assortment of juices, sodas, waters, and various other drinks, I call them "drinks." For example, when I have people over, I ask them if they would like something to drink. Not if they would like a coke, or pop, but a drink. Everyone understands what drinks are.



 
libra Posted: Sun Mar 21 15:44:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Us Californians generally call the three basic meals Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner...supper sounds so old-fashioned to me! I'm sure if i tried to use it people would look at me funny.

And we call it soda.


 
mat_j Posted: Sun Mar 21 15:53:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My drinks of choice are Whiskey and Vodka, my haunt, Dempsey's Bar in Cardiff has 14 different types of whiskey. When the chips are down my close friends and i often go on whiskey quests and drink each one until we gain a new clarity of mind, Amazingly every single Whiskey quest has brought us together and solved problems.


On GT i would love most to Drink with Mesh cause i think he could sink em like a u-boat on a full moon.

As for dinner habits, what about good old fashioned Victorian food values

Breakfast
Elevensies
Luncheon
Afternoon tea
Dinner/Tea
Supper


 
simonvii Posted: Sun Mar 21 16:44:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Dude, I don't want to burst your bubble, but 7UP is a Pepsi product. I suggest you switch to Sprite immediately.
>

actually, 7-UP is independent (last i checked), and is also the manufacturer/brand that makes dr. pepper, vernor's ginger ale, sunkist orange pop, and a root beer - i think A&W...one way u can tell is by reading the label's fine print, another is to pay attention when pop goes on sale - all flavors by the same brand will be on sale at the same time


 
Malik Posted: Sun Mar 21 18:02:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dr Pepper and Seven Up are owned by Cadbury Schweppes, a British candy company (remember the eggs?). They actually own DPSU, which owns Dr Pepper, 7UP, A&W rootbeer, sunkist, hawaiian punch, welch's, rc cola, country time and canada dry ginger ale.

I like 'em.


 
Maya Posted: Sun Mar 21 18:05:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i drank too much last night, had to pretend to be chirpy today as its Mothers day!!! So, from now on im sticking to WATER!


 
mat_j Posted: Sun Mar 21 20:10:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  7 UP is by far the tastiest Lemon based drink on the face of the planet. Sprite is not far off but it misses that certain something that 7UP has.

Shweppes and Cadburys are great.

mmmmm Cadbury's creme eggs

mmmmm cadbury's Dairy Milk

mmmmm Cadbury's Turkish Delight

mmmmm Swheppes lemonade


I love the word shweppes, it sounds like that satisfying fizz sound of opening a fresh bottle straight from the fridge.


 
misszero Posted: Sun Mar 21 21:19:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>As for dinner habits, what about good old fashioned Victorian food values
>
>Breakfast
>Elevensies
>Luncheon
>Afternoon tea
>Dinner/Tea
>Supper


what about second breakfast!??! maybe you don't know about second breakfast....


 
marsteller Posted: Sun Mar 21 22:18:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i wouldn't count on it


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Mar 21 22:32:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>mat_j said:
>
>>As for dinner habits, what about good old fashioned Victorian food values
>>
>>Breakfast
>>Elevensies
>>Luncheon
>>Afternoon tea
>>Dinner/Tea
>>Supper
>
>
>what about second breakfast!??! maybe you don't know about second breakfast....

no. . . .but I know about afternoon delight. . .


 
mat_j Posted: Sun Mar 21 23:44:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  How could i forget second breakfast!!!!


mmmmm afernoon delight


 
Christian Posted: Sun Mar 21 23:58:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi all, again...
I drink lots of tea with a tincture of milk, but no sugar... and I sometimes drink decaf coffee... LOADS of water ...no alcohol for me please

:-)


 
simonvii Posted: Mon Mar 22 00:04:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>
>mmmmm Cadbury's Turkish Delight
>

>
>
holy crap did you just say turkish delight?!!!
ive been under the impression that was an early 20th century C.S. Lewis thing...do they still make that stuff?


 
libra Posted: Mon Mar 22 00:11:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  simonvii said:
>mat_j said:
>
>>
>>mmmmm Cadbury's Turkish Delight

>>
>holy crap did you just say turkish delight?!!!
>ive been under the impression that was an early 20th century C.S. Lewis thing...do they still make that stuff?

its not the same stuff that's in the book...

Yay narnia! (I always wanted to live there as a child, so any reference to it makes me happy)


 
misszero Posted: Mon Mar 22 01:03:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  they do still make the stuff they refer to in the book, though.

i mean, cadbury's turkish delight is more or less that stuff, wrapped in chocolate. hehe


 
antartica Posted: Mon Mar 22 02:11:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>they do still make the stuff they refer to in the book, though.
>
>i mean, cadbury's turkish delight is more or less that stuff, wrapped in chocolate. hehe

ya can still geddit, fly through istanbul regularly and see them selling shitloads of that stuff


 
Maya Posted: Mon Mar 22 06:26:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I heard a rumour that the Narnia books (i share your YAY libra, LOVED those books and especially the TV series on a sunday afternoon in Britain) were about religion....or was is it WWII...hold on...do either if these two ring a bell to anyone?

Ps. pls be gentle, i always dreamed of it being about some kids, a wardrobe and yummy turkish delight!


 
mat_j Posted: Mon Mar 22 07:48:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The best Turkish delight is Fry's Turkish delight but in my local sweetshop you can buy a big bag of the Turkish delight like they have in the Lion Witch and the Wardrobe TV series.

My father served in the RAF in Cyprus in the 60s, on the Greek side of the island they are called Cypriot delight


 
libra Posted: Mon Mar 22 10:08:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maya said:
>I heard a rumour that the Narnia books (i share your YAY libra, LOVED those books and especially the TV series on a sunday afternoon in Britain) were about religion....or was is it WWII...hold on...do either if these two ring a bell to anyone?
>
>Ps. pls be gentle, i always dreamed of it being about some kids, a wardrobe and yummy turkish delight!

Sorry, yea, the books were about religion...I didnt know that when i was reading them either, not till later and my dad told me. But I still love them as books too, i try to not think about the religious part, cause they're great fiction with or without it...


 
Maya Posted: Mon Mar 22 11:04:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>
>Sorry, yea, the books were about religion...I didnt know that when i was reading them either, not till later and my dad told me. But I still love them as books too, i try to not think about the religious part, cause they're great fiction with or without it...

but what did it mean? where does religion come into it?



 
woohoo Posted: Mon Mar 22 12:24:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i drink pretty much anything- seeing how my father has worked in the liquor business since i was born!!! the best part is he brings home samples!!!!


 
FN Posted: Mon Mar 22 12:25:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  woohoo said:
>i drink pretty much anything- seeing how my father has worked in the liquor business since i was born!!! the best part is he brings home samples!!!!

In his stomach?


 
libra Posted: Mon Mar 22 13:47:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maya said:
>libra said:
>
>>
>>Sorry, yea, the books were about religion...I didnt know that when i was reading them either, not till later and my dad told me. But I still love them as books too, i try to not think about the religious part, cause they're great fiction with or without it...
>
>but what did it mean? where does religion come into it?
>

apparently its an analogy for the bible...I'm not religious at all, and I don't know the bible, but the obvious parts are there: Aslan as God, the creation of earth is in there...You'd have to talk to someone who knows the bible better than I do...


 
marsteller Posted: Mon Mar 22 16:54:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, the chronicles are full of crazy metaphors and euphemisms, so they work on the child's-fantasy level as well as on a deeper one


 
simonvii Posted: Mon Mar 22 23:54:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>yeah, the chronicles are full of crazy metaphors and euphemisms, so they work on the child's-fantasy level as well as on a deeper one

ooooooooooo thats a good line.....


 
marsteller Posted: Tue Mar 23 00:03:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  im a slick pimp like that, i know. respect the skill.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Tue Mar 23 08:02:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>ahhhh, the simple wisdom of addison . . .
>
>HaHa!
>now if i could only practice what i preach
>
>funny you call it that hif. a few years back I illustrated 8 books, each with the title of "The Simple Wisdom of.."

haha, saw 'em on amazon. cool


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]