Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

placebo and meeting-ness
simonvii Posted: Fri Mar 26 23:40:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i ve heard OF them, never actually heard them...but congrats, sounds exciting:)

Aeon Posted: Fri Mar 26 23:52:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  heard em. Like em. Good work.

DanSRose Posted: Sat Mar 27 03:05:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Placebo is an awesome band.
But that does sound a little creepy. Waiting 4 hours, then following a hint to a pub to where they might be- That's not being a fan. That's having a fetish.
A little too cooky for me.

DaveHill Posted: Sat Mar 27 03:59:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A big YAY for the groupies :P

FN Posted: Sat Mar 27 06:18:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I despise groupies

No selfrespect

addi Posted: Sat Mar 27 08:19:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mara said:
>Someone told us what pub they were at..and I am NOT a groupie.

hey, mara. did i see you in that movie "Almost Famous"?

My 2 younger female cousins were band crazy at one point in their lives. Old groups that you never would have heard of like Grand Funk, Rare Earth, and Led Zepplin. The names change, but the girls don't : )
Grand Funk came to our city on tour and they were so excited. Months later they told me all about the evening with the band and then told me to listen to the words of their hit single "We're an American Band". Turns out they were the "2 chicquitas from Omaha" (my home town)mentioned in the song.
One lived and slept with the drummer from Led, untill he got tired of her. That guy died young. Anyway, when they were young and attrative, went to great lenghts to get to the band members, and made themselves "available", they got to see and experience a lot.

A word of caution though. Both of my cousins are now fundamentalist christians.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Mar 27 08:22:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>
>
>A word of caution though. Both of my cousins are now fundamentalist christians.

cool story addie, yeah shit happens.

FN Posted: Sat Mar 27 08:52:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>addison said:
>>
>>
>>A word of caution though. Both of my cousins are now fundamentalist christians.
>
>cool story addie, yeah shit happens.

Shit happens mostly to people who cause it themselves.

Mouse Posted: Sat Mar 27 12:26:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Huzzah mara!
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. :)

I want to be a JQ groupie! But I have to learn to fly like a seagull first. Being broke bites.
Mouse

dan632 Posted: Sat Mar 27 21:06:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  groupies do tend to stalk the band's change room 4 hours before a show.
i'd say you are a band-aid miss Penny Lane

misszero Posted: Sat Mar 27 22:35:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  holy shit, addi. your cousin slept with bonzo?

*dies*

(btw, one of my favoutite songs is called omaha)

and also, mara, seems like everybody I know meets placebo. dammit. and I was a fan back when I was, like, 11 years old. heh.

simonvii Posted: Sun Mar 28 00:11:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mara said:
>I am not a groupie, I am a fan. There is a line, a line I will NOT cross no matter how famous they are. I would never do ANYTHING with a band member. I despise groupies also...I am a FAN nothing more.

didnt u say one of em came out and kissed you? hmmmm....

Malik Posted: Sun Mar 28 09:18:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like Placebo. Cool story!

addi Posted: Sun Mar 28 10:22:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>holy shit, addi. your cousin slept with bonzo?
>
>*dies*

Hey, Ms. Oh! nice to hear from you : )
I should know that, but i don't. I remember it was their drummer when they were still young and hot, and that he died from something at an early age. She was in L.A. at the time.

misszero Posted: Sun Mar 28 20:35:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  he choked on his own vomit. i think. and it was john bonham (bonzo) his son Jacob filled in for led zep on a renunion thing a few years back. he's an awesome drummer too.

(please, don't get me started with the led zep stuff. I will not stop. they are my favourite band of all time. seriously. I would sleep with robert plant, even circa now. goddamn, that hair is just so hot! ....

see, this is what happens when i get to talking about led zeppelin.... gosh darnit.)

DaveHill Posted: Wed Mar 31 04:40:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Are their groupies for, like, girlbands and stuff?
I mean, being a groupie is one thing, but then all the bands i (in a very VERY weak moment) would become a groupie of (for?), are formed by men. I won't do groupie-things with them. Ever.
Being a groupie with (for?) Dido or (insert other hot singing chick name here), i could get into that.

Think i hit the borders of my English skills there :)

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 31 08:07:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>he choked on his own vomit. i think. and it was john bonham (bonzo) his son Jacob filled in for led zep on a renunion thing a few years back. he's an awesome drummer too.
>
>(please, don't get me started with the led zep stuff. I will not stop. they are my favourite band of all time. seriously. I would sleep with robert plant, even circa now. goddamn, that hair is just so hot! ....
>
>see, this is what happens when i get to talking about led zeppelin.... gosh darnit.)

Confusing Led Zeppelin with Grand Funk maybe ?

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 31 08:08:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Confusing Led Zeppelin with Grand Funk maybe ?

Never mind, just re-read the post above.
*ready for my ass-chewing now sir*

misszero Posted: Mon May 10 01:35:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  tsk tsk. you must bow to my phallic led zep power.

okay. i don't know where i pull this crap from. heh.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]