Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

dan r. leach
simonvii Posted: Fri Mar 26 23:44:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah so this guy dan r. leach is my new hero...the guy killed his girlfriend cuz she was pregnant but got away with it cuz it appeared to be suicide, so no one was the wiser...however he saw that "passion" movie and decided he wanted redemption and he turned himself in...
so obviously i dont agree with the murder thing, but i do think its highly admirable that he would turn himself in while knowing his punishment would be life in prison...he obviously is repentent enough to do his time, not that it makes what he did right by any means...i wonder if i had been placed in his shoes if i could have turned myself in?

Dancer Posted: Fri Mar 26 23:51:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i think a murderer should never be brand as a hero.. his turning himself in is the right thing to do and long overdue, not some kinda bonus.

Aeon Posted: Fri Mar 26 23:51:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  why is he your hero? He's a fuggin douche bag who couldn't take the responsibility of caring for a child so he killed it and its mother. Now because he comes forward with it he's a hero? Come on. Please. I don't care if he saw "The Passion" or "Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory."

Dancer Posted: Fri Mar 26 23:53:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  but then again, i wouldn't know what i would have done if i were in his shoes, i guess i would have lost my mind already.

Puck Posted: Sat Mar 27 00:05:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey Aeon, I would admire this guy(just a little bit)if he turned himself in after seeing "Willy Wonka"

simonvii Posted: Sat Mar 27 00:05:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i guess i should clarify...i dont literally mean he's my hero, i just thought it was an interesting thing and, like i said before, im not sure what i wouldve done in his shoes...like i said, his confession doesnt excuse his actions at all, but it did take courage to do what he did by turning himself in, particularly since he had already gotten away with it

marsteller Posted: Sat Mar 27 02:29:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mel's a powerful guy.

DanSRose Posted: Sat Mar 27 03:01:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Murder is evil, and saying "whoops, My bad" doesn't make it any better. It doesn't make it worse either. It's still evil.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Mar 27 07:08:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When my girlfriend got pregnant, I married her.

FN Posted: Sat Mar 27 07:33:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>When my girlfriend got pregnant, I married her.

I would seriously concide suicide if stuff like that happened

addi Posted: Sat Mar 27 07:55:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>When my girlfriend got pregnant, I married her.

commendable, hif

i guess that would be one of the bonuses of being gay. you wouldn't ever have to worry about getting the guy (or girl if you're from the Isle of Lesbos) PG, and then having to marry them in one of those uncomfortable "shotgun" weddings.
Plus you would save money by not having to buy those home pregnancy test kits.

FN Posted: Sat Mar 27 08:53:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's so cruel that sex has so many dangers.

All kinds of diseases like pregnancy and aids and what not.

SntSaturn Posted: Sat Mar 27 09:19:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sex is such a scary idea for me. The idea of getting pregnant at this age doesn't seem worth the risk.

FN Posted: Sat Mar 27 10:09:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  SntSaturn said:
>Sex is such a scary idea for me. The idea of getting pregnant at this age doesn't seem worth the risk.

In a way it isn't.

But the flesh is weak.

And there are a lot of ways to protect yourself and your partner.

kurohyou Posted: Sun Mar 28 00:52:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think its difficult to ever determine how one would act if they were given a chance to walk in another person's shoes. Even if you're empathising (spelled horribly wrong) with another person's situaition its not the same because you can just stop and return to your life. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that but I was bored so I thought I'd put in my two cents.

Personally I think he should be killed twice.

And I married my girlfriend after we got pregnant as well. We've been married for five years, have two kids and struggle on a regular basis to keep it alive, but I didn't feel that walking away or any of the other quick solutions to the problem were the correct thing to do.

kurohyou Posted: Sun Mar 28 00:54:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Panther said...

>And I married my girlfriend after we got pregnant as well. We've been married for five years, have two kids and struggle on a regular basis to keep it alive...

I was referring to our marriage, not our children,

Thought that might need some clarification.

dan632 Posted: Sun Mar 28 01:01:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Panther said:
>And I married my girlfriend after we got pregnant as well.

u got pregnant as well as your g/f? man i feel sorry for u

kurohyou Posted: Sun Mar 28 01:12:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dan632 said:
>Panther said:
>>And I married my girlfriend after we got pregnant as well.
>
>u got pregnant as well as your g/f? man i feel sorry for u

ha, not so much really. But we both were responsible for this life that we'd created so in a sense we both were pregnant, though she carried the physical side of things I didn't feel that my responsiblilty was lessened. I just had to figure out at the age of 19 how to provide for a family. We're all still here and kickin' so something must be working.

Maya Posted: Sun Mar 28 08:00:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Panther said:
>Panther said...
>
>>And I married my girlfriend after we got pregnant as well. We've been married for five years, have two kids and struggle on a regular basis to keep it alive...
>
>I was referring to our marriage, not our children,
>
>Thought that might need some clarification.

I dont mean any disrespect but why marry someone JUST bcos they are pregnant, im assuming you LOVE her enough to be with her right? You say you have to work on it, does that mean that its something that is really hard to be in? Once again, dont mean any disrespect but marrying for the sake of the kids isnt eonugh sometimes
>

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Mar 28 08:46:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You are correct Maya, marriage is not always the answer to an unplanned pregnancy, but when It happened to me, that is what was expected of us.
We had already planned to be married anyway, so it wasn't this great big leap for us. The biggest problem we faced was our finances. I was in my last year of high school and had an enry level position at a printing company. I made $1.25 an hour. She had just gradated from beauty school. With a little help and a lot of hard work, we made it. After a couple more years at the printing company, I got restless and joined the navy, and started to grow up for real.
We even had another kid. This lasted for 9 years, and then we got divorced. Hindsight tells me we were probably too young to be married, but our marriage lasted longer than most, and today we are very good friends. I seem to be rambling again. In answer to your other question, being in love is easy, but being married does take a lot of work for both parties to make it last, at least until the kids are grown.
Tomorrow, volume II, my second marriage lasted 19yrs.

FN Posted: Sun Mar 28 09:02:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I can't comprehend how you can be with the same person day in day out for so long

Malik Posted: Sun Mar 28 09:27:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Same here, Christophe. Marrage (especially Domestication) is really not too desireable right now. But I'm going to save Addison the trouble of posting, and say that I'll grow into it when I either get older or meet someone I definately can't live without. :)

Although, I do know a couple who are married, but they don't live with each other. It's kinda weird...

addi Posted: Sun Mar 28 10:16:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Malik said:
> But I'm going to save Addison the trouble of posting, and say that I'll grow into it when I either get older or meet someone I definately can't live without. :)

lol
you actually thought that little blurb was going to keep this slut off the thread? Foolish Took!

I'm still convinced that most of us desire that one special person to come into our lives. Unfortunately what happens 99% of the time is that after it happens the euphoria that smooths over the inevitable bumps begins to wear off. Sometimes in a few weeks, sometimes not til after years together. Some folks at that point say, "It ain't worth it. I want my euphoric feeling back", and they split and search for that new perfect mate. Others say, "the euphoria is gone, I miss it, but I still love this person". That's when the "Work" phase of the relationship kicks in. It ain't hollywood. Sometimes it isn't any fun, but there are a lot of long term rewards for couples that take that road (and every now and then for some euphoria stops by for a short visit, and reminds you why you chose this person in the first place).

I will end this by saying that if any of you still think you're gonna find Mr./Ms. right and never ever think about or "want" another person for the rest of your life, you are in for a rude awakening.

libra Posted: Sun Mar 28 12:51:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've always liked your views on this subject addi, they confirm my suspicions and make me feel like everything's gonna be okay for some reason.

kurohyou Posted: Mon Mar 29 00:36:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maya said:
>I dont mean any disrespect but why marry someone JUST bcos they are pregnant, im assuming you LOVE her enough to be with her right? You say you have to work on it, does that mean that its something that is really hard to be in? Once again, dont mean any disrespect but marrying for the sake of the kids isnt eonugh sometimes
>>
no disrespect taken. You are right, and its been a rather painful lesson to learn, and I think that is part of the reason our marriage has been so rocky. We never discussed marriage prior to the pregnancy so it a sense it was a forced situation.

I was also young, and had seen that in my family before. At the time I didn't figure that there was anything else to do. A year later my brother ended up in the same situation, but he didn't marry the mom. Things between them were dicey for a while, and while my brother and I have varying views on parenthood and the caliber of parents that we both are, I think it was better for them.

My wife and I have been honest about why we really got married and we both know it was not out of love. The love issue is the bridge we are at now. We are at a crossroads of sorts trying to figure out if this is going to work and if it was worth working on. Six months ago she said no and I said yes. Now she says yes and I'm having my doubts.

There are a lot of obstacles to making this work, besides the kids, our wants are no longer on the same path, and I'm about to embark on a career that is brutal on marriages and families. So the next few years will tell the tale. But addison is right about what he says, as is maya.

But no matter how difficult things seem, or seem like they are going to be, its no reason to act a fool, like this guy did.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]