Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Peace
iggy Posted: Sun Mar 28 15:41:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  peace - leunig

peace is my drug
it stops the pain.
in safe reflecting rooms
or in a lane
or in a park
i will lie
and get some peace
and get high
if it's pure
and there's lots of it about
i overdose
and pass out
and dream of peace
my favourite thing,
when nobody wants me
and nothing's happening.

so wat gives you peace?

iggy Posted: Sun Mar 28 16:13:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sleeping.
chocolate binges
icecream binges
napping in a sunbeam
long aimless drive to nowhere
lying on a hammock listening to the waves
lying on a surf board feeling the waves
afternoon naps with mo
not working at all hehhehheh
aimless shopping excusions
any bloody holiday

Kira Posted: Sun Mar 28 16:29:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Rainy afternoons, when there's really nothing to do or that's not getting done--and everyone is inside--and maybe one TV is on low but that's it, and everyone is quiet.
A warm day in winter.
A cool day in summer.
The pine trees dancing in the first weeks of Spring and and Autumn.
Napping with my cat, when he's too sleepy to get annoyed and leave.
Sleeping with the window open.
Driving through the shadow of a cloud, especially in the mountains.
Watching a full moon rise.
Lying in the grass/leaves.
Wandering up and down the road on a Sunday when there's no traffic, and just watching the fields and listening to the sparrows.
Being with my friends and family.

simonvii Posted: Sun Mar 28 16:42:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  wind in the trees, the ocean, leaves, and dusk...also when certain people come home from where theyve gone

novemberrain Posted: Sun Mar 28 18:58:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  -fireflies in summer
-afternoon naps
-listening to thunder storms
-curling up with a good book under a warm blanket in winter
-leaves changing color
-the first days of spring it is warm enough for a short sleeved shirt
-little traditions I have with friends

libra Posted: Sun Mar 28 21:04:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  -riding in the car with my friends, the music is loud but you can't really hear it because you're off in your own mind, and you wouldn't be surprised if someone turned to you and talked to you about what you were just thinking about because you seem so together...
-sitting outside with a book
-those windy days
-walks at the old cemetary with my dogs, Kenzie and Alice
-listening to a favorite song right before i go to sleep

lethal_poppy Posted: Sun Mar 28 22:12:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  -sound of calm waves
-bossa nova
-sleeping
-cuddling under the sheets
-smells of lavender and camomile
-swaying in the hammock under the sun and the stars
-having my own space
-indulging in Andersons Danish Ice-cream, the Sundae ones with 3 huge scoops, a huge dallop of whipped cream, strawberries and caramel syrup..
:p~~
-scented candles in a dim navy or velvet red room
-flowers
-being alone without the hustle and bustle of city life
-being worry-free

marsteller Posted: Sun Mar 28 23:01:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  

>-walks at the old cemetary with my dogs, Kenzie and Alice

cemetary's bug me out. always feel unnatural

libra Posted: Mon Mar 29 00:56:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>
>>-walks at the old cemetary with my dogs, Kenzie and Alice
>
>cemetary's bug me out. always feel unnatural

this one wouldnt, probably, its so old that its just kind of overgrown and uncemetary-ish. the tombstones are really unique, they're all different instead of those flat ones they have nowadays. It's a gorgeous place to be. There is something sad about it, but I still love it. I've been going there ever since i was about three years old, so it's one of the places i'm most comfortable at...I'll put up a picture sometime if i can find one...

choke Posted: Mon Mar 29 01:12:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  walking through all my old primary schools. walking at night. and mostly what the first guy said.

Kira Posted: Mon Mar 29 01:30:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>marsteller said:
>>
>>>-walks at the old cemetary with my dogs, Kenzie and Alice
>>
>>cemetary's bug me out. always feel unnatural
>
>this one wouldnt, probably, its so old that its just kind of overgrown and uncemetary-ish.

I love cemeteries. No one ever bothers you there, either to say 'what's up' or 'what in the sam hill do you think you're doing!' And I always feel so affectionate and charitable toward the dead folk, like they haven't had any visitors in a long time, and I'm there to say hello.

Also it's fun when the cemetery is next to a busy street... and no one has actually been buried there in a hundred years, so you couldn't be visiting a loved one... and you have weird-colored hair.

sweet p Posted: Mon Mar 29 02:38:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Sitting on the subway seat beside the window so I can put my foot up on the ledge, listening to my big headphones.

~My sisters and I gathering one by one on mums' bed on a Sunday in the summer, until we're all just lying there soaking up the sun that is filtering through the window and listening to mums' favourite song of the week.

~Playing with Lego and toy cars as I sift through my old toys in the basement.

~Lying in the yard reading my books.

~Writing in my notebook while riding the subway.

~Riding my bike down as many downtown side streets as possible until I am almost lost.

~Walking, walking, walking through the city all the way down to the lake and taking picutres along the way
[the swans are also back (!!) and sitting by the water with them when I read is really nice.]

~Vacuuming.

~Walks out in a sun shower.

~Ice cream and chocolate popsicles.

~My grandma's dinners.

~Lying on the floor listening to old music.

~Talking to an old friend after a long time of not having contact.

mat_j Posted: Mon Mar 29 06:00:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Meadow Street in general

-Waking up to the sounds of the birds.
-Looking out at the small field at the horses.
-Going to see the guys at 78.
-Smoking/drinking in the living room whilst watching bad TV.
-walking through the woods.
-Building a campfire in the old abandoned factory on the other side of the woods at night in the summer.
-Sleeping on my windowsil on a warm clear night watching planes fly over.
-Going to the pink shop to by snacks.
-Going to the black and white shop to buy a paper.
-Going to Rock and Indi night on fridays getting off my face and jumping around like a moron.
-Jumping on the train and going into town to hang out at the sword shop, troutmarks second hand books or Spillers record shop (the oldest record shop in britain over a hundred and ten years old now i do believe)
-Sitting in my room after i've just cleaned it and nodding to myself before going for a drink.

addi Posted: Mon Mar 29 07:38:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>-Sitting in my room after i've just cleaned it and nodding to myself before going for a drink.

sometimes i think it's the little things that bring peace.

I spend the entire past weekend outside playing in the dirt. Digging, planting, growing sometimes back breaking, dirty, sweaty work. On my knees, red georgia clay under my fingernails. Getting away from the inside stuff and reconnecting with the outside world on such a very basic level brings me peace.
Next week i'm off to the ocean. Will surround myself with the sound of waves on the shore. Will completely submerse myself in the silence of snorkling underwater.

Water and earth. Hard to get more elemental and more peaceful for me.

Adrian Posted: Mon Mar 29 07:50:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For Me, knowing, knowing that I know my future and that I won't admit it, or can't but that slowly sub-consciously my decisions lead me down that path.
But with it all comes Fear and Pain.
I like to smoke underwater and would love to catch a cloud to eat it. But this is not a matter of Fate, merely a matter of time.
And of course phrasing.

Malik Posted: Mon Mar 29 09:04:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Peace. I really haven't had peace in a long while.

I think the last time I really had peace was about a month ago. I was over at a friends house with a few close people on a saturday night. These are the people who I would trust my life with, etc. We were all really tired (we had been doing random stuff all day), and all knew that we had a long paper due on monday (so we would be doing it on sunday).

As soon as we left her house, we all knew would go to sleep, then wake up, and have to write that paper.

So, tired from everything, we all just sat there in her garden/living/whatever room for a long time (maybe about 45 minutes), in total and complete silence. It wasn't awkward, or that faux-peaceful silence that occurs during prayers, but just a natural, peaceful silence spent with the people I cared about the most.

antartica Posted: Tue Mar 30 15:15:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  there are a few things.. but this one comes to mind first of all over all things

- sitting by the beach on a clear sky sunset watching the ocean drowning the sun... if there is anyone beside me it's a bonus. else gimme my reds and a cold one.. .. ..

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]