Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

This is old news and I'll bet you never saw any of it.
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 31 21:15:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Call it propaganda if you want, but it is, never the less, the truth.

From the Commanding Officer at MWSS-171 to his Marines.

Marines and Sailors,

As we approach the end of the year I think it is important
to share a few thoughts about what you've accomplished directly,
in some cases, and indirectly in many others. I am speaking about
what the Bush Administration and each of you has contributed by wearing
the uniform, because the fact that you wear the uniform contributes
100% to the capability of the nation to send a few onto the field to
execute national policy. As you read about these achievements you are
a part of I would call your attention to two things:

1. This is good news that hasn't been fit to print or report on TV.
2. It is much easier to point out the errors a man makes when he makes
the tough decisions, rarely is the positive as aggressively pursued.

Since President Bush declared an end to major combat on May 1...

... the first battalion of the new Iraqi Army has graduated and is on active
duty.

... over 60,000 Iraqis now provide security to their fellow citizens.

... nearly all of Iraq's 400 courts are functioning.

... the Iraqi judiciary is fully independent.

... on Monday, October 6 power generation hit 4,518 megawatts-exceeding the
prewar average.

... all 22 universities and 43 technical institutes and colleges are open,
as are nearly all primary and secondary schools.

... by October 1, Coalition forces had rehab-ed over 1,500 schools - 500
more than scheduled.

... teachers earn from 12 to 25 times their former salaries.

... all 240 hospitals and more than 1200 clinics are open.

... doctors salaries are at least eight times what they were under Saddam.

... pharmaceutical distribution has gone from essentially nothing to 700
tons in May to a current total of 12,000 tons.

... the Coalition has helped administer over 22 million vaccinations to
Iraq's children.

... a Coalition program has cleared over 14,000 kilometers of Iraq's 27,000
kilometers of weed-choked canals which now irrigate tens of thousands of
farms. This project has created jobs for more than 100,000 Iraqi men and
women.

... we have restored over three-quarters of prewar telephone services and
over two-thirds of the potable water production.

... there are 4,900 full-service telephone connections. We expect 50,000 by
year-end.

... the wheels of commerce are turning. From bicycles to satellite dishes
to cars and trucks, businesses are coming to life in all major cities and
towns.

... 95 percent of all prewar bank customers have service and first-time
customers are opening accounts daily.

... Iraqi banks are making loans to finance businesses.

... the central bank is fully independent.

... Iraq has one of the worlds most growth-oriented investment and banking
laws.

... Iraq has a single, unified currency for the first time in 15 years.

... satellite TV dishes are legal.

... foreign journalists aren't on 10-day visas paying mandatory and
extortionate fees to the Ministry of Information for "minders" and other
government spies.

... there is no Ministry of Information.

... there are more than 170 newspapers.

... you can buy satellite dishes on what seems like every street corner.

... foreign journalists (and everyone else) are free to come and go.

... a nation that had not one single element - legislative, judicial or
executive - of a representative government, now does.

... in Baghdad alone residents have selected 88 advisory councils.
Baghdad's first democratic transfer of power in 35 years happened when the
city council elected its new chairman.

... today in Iraq chambers of commerce, business, school and professional
organizations are electing their leaders all over the country.

... 25 ministers, selected by the most representative governing body in
Iraq's history, run the day-to-day business of government.

... the Iraqi government regularly participates in international events.
Since July the Iraqi government has been represented in over two dozen
international meetings, including those of the UN General Assembly, the Arab
League, the World Bank and IMF and, today, the Islamic Conference Summit.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs today announced that it is reopening over 30
Iraqi embassies around the world.

... Shia religious festivals that were all but banned, aren't.

... for the first time in 35 years, in Karbala thousands of Shiites
celebrate the pilgrimage of the 12th Imam.

... the Coalition has completed over 13,000 reconstruction projects, large
and small, as part of a strategic plan for the reconstruction of Iraq.

... Uday and Queasy are dead - and no longer feeding innocent Iraqis to the
zoo lions, raping the young daughters of local leaders to force cooperation,
torturing Iraq's soccer players for losing games, or murdering critics.

... children aren't imprisoned or murdered when their parents disagree with
the government.

... political opponents aren't imprisoned, tortured, executed, maimed, or
are forced to watch their families die for disagreeing with Saddam.

... millions of longsuffering Iraqis no longer live in perpetual terror.

... Saudis will hold municipal elections.

... Qatar is reforming education to give more choices to parents.

... Jordan is accelerating market economic reforms.

... the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded for the first time to an Iranian -- a
Muslim woman who speaks out with courage for human rights, for democracy and
for peace.

... Saddam is gone.

... Iraq is free.

... President Bush has not faltered or failed.

... Yet, little or none of this information has been published by the Press
corps that prides itself on bringing you all the news that's important.

Iraq under US lead control has come further in six months than Germany did
in seven years or Japan did in nine years following WWII. Military deaths
from fanatic Nazi's, and Japanese numbered in the thousands and continued
for over three years after WWII victory was declared.

It took the US over four months to clear away the twin tower debris, let
alone attempt to build something else in its place.

Now, take into account that Congress fought President Bush on every aspect
of his handling of this country's war and the post-war reconstruction; and
that they continue to claim on a daily basis on national TV that this conflict
has been a failure.

Taking everything into consideration, even the unfortunate loss of our brothers
and sisters in this conflict, do you think anyone else in the world could
have accomplished as much as the United States and the Bush administration
in so short a period of time?

These are things worth writing about. Get the word out. Write to someone you
think may be able to influence our Congress or the press to tell the story.

Above all, be proud that you are a part of this historical precedent.

simonvii Posted: Wed Mar 31 23:24:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  man this is encouraging, i hope it is all true...its right that positive things are pursued less aggresively and thats a sad sad thing...anyway, im voting bush next election anyway, unless something huge comes along to change my mind.......or unless addison runs....

Malik Posted: Wed Mar 31 23:39:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's not that war on Iraq was a failure because of all the damage we did to them (we could, and did, just threw money at the problem, and that seemed to work), it was a failure because a president and his party got the american public to support and the congress to declare war on Iraq, which we had no basis to do.

It's not a failure of the military, or of the mega-construction companies (they did their job very well, I belive), it was a failure of the president and co. for abusing their power. It's a failure of the international community, because the moment Bush declared war (violating the U.N. charter), he essentally gave the finger to the international community. "We don't have to be held to our own standards," were the words that all but came out of his mouth.

Yes, Iraq may be a better place because the U.S. invaded it. Sure, people might have been really poor, and in less than stellar living conditions, but did that justify a war? Saddam didn't have nukes, we found that out, but we destroyed their country anyways.

Maybe it's just because I take an almost isolationist stance to international politics, but I don't think it is the job of America to decide who, around the world, deserves to have which freedoms (and to invade those countries which don't comply). Because that's all we had against Saddam anyways. The WMD evidence fizzled out.

Oh yeah, and the oil. How are the drilling stations doing in Iraq? And why hasn't gas gone down? I'm tired of paying ~$1.70-$1.80 a gallon.

Malik Posted: Wed Mar 31 23:40:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Er, sorry, not a failure of the international community, but he was a failure to the international community.

kurohyou Posted: Thu Apr 1 02:22:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Malik said:

Saddam didn't have nukes, we found that out, but we destroyed their country anyways.
>
It would appear that the majority of those things listed far from constitute the destruction of their country. Did we invade without a supported reason. Yes. But after acheiving one of the main goals, the elimination of Saddam's regime, we have hung around and are rebuilding to make Iraq a better place. Is the army and the contractors doing the work doing this of their own accord? No, they are being directed by the adminstration. Are there other motives behind this, perhaps. But based on above, our presence, whether initially justified or not, has lead to a better way of living for the Iraqi people.

Please note I can easily see both sides of this war issue, I can fight for and against the war.

addi Posted: Thu Apr 1 07:13:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  simonvii said:
>anyway, im voting bush next election anyway, unless something huge comes along to change my mind.......or unless addison runs....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Don't do it Simon!!

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Apr 1 07:53:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Malik said:
>It's not that war on Iraq was a failure because of all the damage we did to them (we could, and did, just threw money at the problem, and that seemed to work), it was a failure because a president and his party got the american public to support and the congress to declare war on Iraq, which we had no basis to do.
>
no basis ? do you recall the disarmament demands ? resolution 1441 ?
His support for international terrorism? Saddam was the one that thumbed his nose at the international community, not Bush.

>It's not a failure of the military, or of the mega-construction companies (they did their job very well, I belive), it was a failure of the president and co. for abusing their power. It's a failure of the international community, because the moment Bush declared war (violating the U.N. charter), he essentally gave the finger to the international community. "We don't have to be held to our own standards," were the words that all but came out of his mouth.
>
Actually it was the UN that gave us the legal authority to invade, even though they were against it. Resolution 1441 gave all the legalese we needed. Of course even if it weren't there it wouldn't have mattered, the UN will always be stacked against america, no matter what the issue. THE UN SUCKS !

>Yes, Iraq may be a better place because the U.S. invaded it. Sure, people might have been really poor, and in less than stellar living conditions, but did that justify a war? Saddam didn't have nukes, we found that out, but we destroyed their country anyways.
>
The nukes issue has not been put to bed yet, we haven't invaded Syria yet.
It wasn't their poor living conditions that was the overriding reasons for the liberation of Iraq, it was Saddam's support of Al-Quaeda and the fact that he killed and tortured and raped his people on a daily basis.

> Maybe it's just because I take an almost isolationist stance to international politics, but I don't think it is the job of America to decide who, around the world, deserves to have which freedoms (and to invade those countries which don't comply). Because that's all we had against Saddam anyways. The WMD evidence fizzled out.
>
The wmd evidence has not fizzled out dude. What do you think happened to them? Did they just vaporize ? We know for sure that he had chemical/bio stuff and now it's gone. Duh ?
Maybe is some guys suitcase in Peoria ?
Who knows ?

>Oh yeah, and the oil. How are the drilling stations doing in Iraq? And why hasn't gas gone down? I'm tired of paying ~$1.70-$1.80 a gallon.

Awwww poor baby, get over it. Don't have the extra cheese at Dennys, don't drive as much, the rest of the world pay twice what we do for gas.
You want it to go back down to $1.40 a gallon, yeah baby, that will save you a good five bucks on a fill up. That won't even feed you at mickey d's.

addi Posted: Thu Apr 1 08:03:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>From the Commanding Officer at MWSS-171 to his Marines.

>Above all, be proud that you are a part of this historical precedent.

Addi hangs head in shame. If only I had known this!(wipes away a tear) My god, everything bad happening over there is all a stinkin' lie propogated by the liberal left wing political machine!
The Americans killed, mutilated, and dragged through the streets yesterday was probably just a case of mistaken identity (Maybe the locals just mistook them for being french).
The deep mistrust, the daily bombings and killings, the lack of security, the lack of basic neccessities, all lies from the biased media! Imagine, things are hunky dory over there, and we just didn't know it!

Well, I for one am changing the color of my shirt from cowardly yellow to red, white, and blue! And next time I pass a poster of our Pres on the street I'm gonna stick my chest out with pride, salute, and shout, "God Bless you, Mr. Bush for rigging the outcome of the 2000 election!"

end of sarcasm : )

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Apr 1 08:24:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>From the Commanding Officer at MWSS-171 to his Marines.
>
>>Above all, be proud that you are a part of this historical precedent.
>
>Addi hangs head in shame. If only I had known this!(wipes away a tear) My god, everything bad happening over there is all a stinkin' lie propogated by the liberal left wing political machine!
>The Americans killed, mutilated, and dragged through the streets yesterday was probably just a case of mistaken identity (Maybe the locals just mistook them for being french).
>The deep mistrust, the daily bombings and killings, the lack of security, the lack of basic neccessities, all lies from the biased media! Imagine, things are hunky dory over there, and we just didn't know it!
>
>Well, I for one am changing the color of my shirt from cowardly yellow to red, white, and blue! And next time I pass a poster of our Pres on the street I'm gonna stick my chest out with pride, salute, and shout, "God Bless you, Mr. Bush for rigging the outcome of the 2000 election!"
>
>end of sarcasm : )

No one ever said things were hunky dory over there, but they certainly aren't as bad as the press would have us to believe.
Remember the "quagmire" our soldiers were in from the very beginning of the war ? It never happened.
I posted this because none of it was ever reported in the "elite media".
The ONLY place I saw any of this stuff was on FOX news.
Tell me, have any of you seen any of this stuff reported before ?

No one ever said this wasn't going to be accomplished without cost.
Security ? how would it be improved ?
The guys yesterday were civilians on the road, travelling at their own risk.
Everybody knew the most dangerous part of this mission would come trying to control the peace, including the democrats, and now they are using it to get political points.

addi Posted: Thu Apr 1 08:52:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know where you're coming from on this hif, and to some extent i agree with you. In many respects the majority of Iraqis are better off now than they were pre-invansion (this comes from a recent poll taken by the BBC of Iraqi citizens).
It was this guys rose colored glasses that got to me. There are encouraging things happening there, and there are troubling and terrible things happening there, that should keep politicians up at night out of concern for the future of that country. Responsible news services should report both sides.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Apr 1 08:56:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>I know where you're coming from on this hif, and to some extent i agree with you. In many respects the majority of Iraqis are better off now than they were pre-invansion (this comes from a recent poll taken by the BBC of Iraqi citizens).
>It was this guys rose colored glasses that got to me. There are encouraging things happening there, and there are troubling and terrible things happening there, that should keep politicians up at night out of concern for the future of that country. Responsible news services should report both sides.

You must take into consideration that "this guy" was a commanding officer addressing his troops.
Sadly to say, it needed to be done because the media did in fact only report one side of the issues.
How would you feel if you were over there on this mission, then watching the news and seeing nothing but despair and failure on our part ?

Malik Posted: Thu Apr 1 17:51:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>no basis ? do you recall the disarmament demands ? resolution 1441 ?
>His support for international terrorism? Saddam was the one that thumbed his nose at the international community, not Bush.
He didn't disarm because he didn't have the nukes. And Saddam didn't want to even be in a part of the international community. Besides, not wanting to be in the international community doesn't justify another country to violate a charter that country has already agreed to.
>
>Actually it was the UN that gave us the legal authority to invade, even though they were against it. Resolution 1441 gave all the legalese we needed. Of course even if it weren't there it wouldn't have mattered, the UN will always be stacked against america, no matter what the issue. THE UN SUCKS !
>
Resolution 1441 (I just read it) only gave the UNMOVIC and the IAEA free reign over Iraq, and even then, they couldn't declare war.
And just because America will always be outvoted by the majority doesn't give America the right to break a charter they agreed to. It's called democracy: you don't go do your own thing when the majority has said not to, after you agree to do what the majority wants. However, I do agree with you that the UN sucks. The point I'm making is that Bush, as the leader of a UN Nationstate, had to agree to the UN rules, or get out.

>The wmd evidence has not fizzled out dude. What do you think happened to them? Did they just vaporize ? We know for sure that he had chemical/bio stuff and now it's gone. Duh ?
>Maybe is some guys suitcase in Peoria ?
>Who knows ?
Oh, we know for sure that he had WMD's? And because we didn't find any, that automatically means he hid them? Bush and co. said he had one huge stash of them, and we haven't found a drop. We have found facilites that could have been used to make them, but that's it.
>
>Awwww poor baby, get over it. Don't have the extra cheese at Dennys, don't drive as much, the rest of the world pay twice what we do for gas.
>You want it to go back down to $1.40 a gallon, yeah baby, that will save you a good five bucks on a fill up. That won't even feed you at mickey d's.
I was being sarcastic about that part. The war never was supposed to be about oil, anyways.

The point that I am trying to make is that it wasn't the job of America to go and "liberate" Iraq. Sure, they are better off, but the ends don't justify the means.

>How would you feel if you were over there on this mission, then watching the news and seeing nothing but despair and failure on our part ?
So we're supposed to paint the news in a good light so our troops don't get depressed? To answer your question, crappy -- like I should feel.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Apr 1 19:05:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Malik said:
>He didn't disarm because he didn't have the nukes. And Saddam didn't want to even be in a part of the international community. Besides, not wanting to be in the international community doesn't justify another country to violate a charter that country has already agreed to.
>>
Resolution 1441 gave us the legal right to use force if he did not respond as requested.

>>>Resolution 1441 (I just read it) only gave the UNMOVIC and the IAEA free reign over Iraq, and even then, they couldn't declare war.
>And just because America will always be outvoted by the majority doesn't give America the right to break a charter they agreed to. It's called democracy: you don't go do your own thing when the majority has said not to, after you agree to do what the majority wants. However, I do agree with you that the UN sucks. The point I'm making is that Bush, as the leader of a UN Nationstate, had to agree to the UN rules, or get out.

Two things - you say it's a democracy.
How many of the nations that voted against the US are democracies ?
We did abide by the UN resolutions, it was the UN that did not back up a single one of their own resolutions.
15 of them to be exact.
So you are saying that we should abide by a charter even when it's not in our nation's best interests ? Even when the UN has proven to be a worthless circus of human excrement ? I don't think so.
Are you saying that when discussing national security policy, that we should consider the needs of others on the same level as ourselves ? I don't think so. That would be suicidal.
>
>Oh, we know for sure that he had WMD's? And because we didn't find any, that automatically means he hid them? Bush and co. said he had one huge stash of them, and we haven't found a drop. We have found facilites that could have been used to make them, but that's it.
>>
Really ? what happened to all the chemical/bio stuff that was documented by the inspectors before they were expelled ? Do you think he got rid of it at a bake sale ? There were 4500 gallons of VX nerve gas alone.

>>Awwww poor baby, get over it. Don't have the extra cheese at Dennys, don't drive as much, the rest of the world pay twice what we do for gas.
>>You want it to go back down to $1.40 a gallon, yeah baby, that will save you a good five bucks on a fill up. That won't even feed you at mickey d's.
>I was being sarcastic about that part. The war never was supposed to be about oil, anyways.
>
It never was about oil, that's just the fantasy of liberals and western Europeans.

>The point that I am trying to make is that it wasn't the job of America to go and "liberate" Iraq. Sure, they are better off, but the ends don't justify the means.
>
No, it was our job to protect ourselves from terrorists and that is why we toppled Saddam. And his refusal to comply with UN resolution 1441 gave us all we needed to go in.

>>How would you feel if you were over there on this mission, then watching the news and seeing nothing but despair and failure on our part ?
>So we're supposed to paint the news in a good light so our troops don't get depressed? To answer your question, crappy -- like I should feel.

You dumbass, you have no idea what it's like to be in the military. It is the job of every commanding officer to keep up moral and make his troops feel good about their mission. It's a shitty job and it's easy to get caught up in depression, thereby endangering the lives of those who depend on you to do your job right. No one is ever supposed to feel good about killing others, but you have to believe in the mission, and the news did a really shitty job of telling the folks at home what we have actually accomplished. That guy was just telling it like it is.

Malik Posted: Thu Apr 1 21:34:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *gracefully bows out of the match*

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Apr 1 22:56:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Malik said:
>*gracefully bows out of the match*

Please accept my apologies for calling you a dumbass. I sometimes get carried away in my passion for politics.
You certainly are not a dumbass.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]