Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Socializer Cultures
lethal_poppy Posted: Sun Apr 4 01:52:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Socializer Cultures

Every country, culture, and sub-culture socializes their society's members into typical daily patterns of
behavior. In this respect, both ireland and Italy are often mentioned as settings where this Socializer type
seems quite commonplace. Globally, people refer to them as highly emotional people who tend to "wear
their hearts on their sleeves."

The Irish are known for their animated, interactive storytelling and
neighborhood socializing. In fact, these immigrants with similar lifestyles have settled many areas of the Northeastern United States as Irish-Italian communities.

Italians' Socializer attributes have made them world-famous in the performing arts, restaurant and
hospitality fields, and other person-to-person areas such as fashion and sales. How often have you described a native Irishman or Italian you have met by the following general description of the Socializer tendencies?

* optimistic--prefer to view life's positives; often block out negative situations, facts, concerns

* fast-paced--talk, move, and do most activities rather quickly

* emotional--readily show their own feelings and respond to others' feelings

* approval-seeking--look to others for acceptance and re-energizing; want people to approve of and like each other, too

* fun-loving--seek an upbeat, positive, casual atmosphere and love a good party, especially with friends

* excitable--show emotions and become enthusiastic, at best; rattled, at worst--when pressured or tired

* spontaneous--behave impulsively; dislike planning or dealing with follow-through details

* expressive--at times, they may forget and divulge secret information; or they may say too much to the wrong
people

what do ya think?

choke Posted: Sun Apr 4 04:31:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Whoa... Im irish and it describes me perfect :D im doing an exchange year next year i was pushing 4 Ireland cuz datd b awesome but i got USA :P Ill toddle offta Ireland wen i leave school tho :D

lethal_poppy Posted: Sun Apr 4 20:38:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey! Come to think of it, I've got a friend's friend's friend whos also Irish. and I think he's dam cool, cos he's my daddy's age 53yo, and acts and talks like a 23yo! When I talk to him, its like theres no generation gap at all! He plays CZ, and stuff too! Ardent gamer I must say.. Way Cool!

marsteller Posted: Sun Apr 4 21:47:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ardent gamer? a real irishman needs naught but a pint of ale and a whiskey to keep entertained

iggy Posted: Mon Apr 5 13:32:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i belong to the i don't give a fuck crowd

i don;t give a fuck about
1) hanging out at the cool places
2) reading the must read books
3) watching the must watch movies
4) listening to the must listen to groups or music
5) what you think about what i wear cos u suck at fashion anyway
6) what u feel cos i don't give a fuck
7) what u think about what i said, cos it's what i say. don;t like it? go fuck yourself
8) being friendly or shit. cos the world can go fuck themselves.

popeye said "i yam what i yam" and that's the best advice anyone could ever give.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]