Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Dark purpose of the GT Poll
Malik Posted: Mon Apr 5 18:24:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  [The following post is mean and cynical. Read at your own risk.]

I think the poll this rotation was not to see if people were more willing to donate if the person asking for the donation was good-looking, but was actually to see what percentage of GTers were dishonest or blind. Right now, 33% of GTers are blind, or fooling themselves. Wow....

Now it's time to sit back and wait for the flames from people who seriously, honestly, don't actually give a damn about people's appearance and don't even subconciously evaluate it when decision making. Or are blind. Or haven't gone through certain physical changes yet.

sweet p Posted: Mon Apr 5 19:21:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hahaha
What if you're poor?

Malik Posted: Mon Apr 5 20:21:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You would still want to donate more for pretty people. :)

dan632 Posted: Mon Apr 5 20:41:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i clicked that i don't care mainly because i won't be able to see them when they get it or request it, the red cross here just puts out the call and people go and give whatever...or they cut you up if u die in a car accident. but if a friend needs a kidney well yeah i wouldn't care what they fucken look like.
i thought it was the same way in america?

Mouse Posted: Mon Apr 5 20:43:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't donate at all, because I have no money.
I get annoyed when people ask me for money, if anything more so when they're good looking and all smiles with a perfect charity pitch. Yes, I'm bad.

I understand what you mean though, of course people are going to want to make a bigger donation if they want to impress the person taking it.
Mouse

marsteller Posted: Tue Apr 6 00:20:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, fuck the beggars. i gotta work for my money, those assholes can do the same. yay capitalism.

choke Posted: Tue Apr 6 02:17:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  id donate more if they were ugly cuz id feel mean.. theyre poor AND ugly..

mat_j Posted: Tue Apr 6 05:49:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I hate people who accost me on the street especially the pretty ones, like you know they've been put in a certain spot because they're more likely to get more cash than the rest of the mingers.

Thats besides the point though, i wonder how many fraudsters have managed to get peoples bank details from scams like that.

FN Posted: Tue Apr 6 06:04:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I never donate anything.

And if I would I would probably donate less to a good-looking person thinking they wouldn't be needing it anyway.

If it were a hot girl I might perhaps ask for a phone number and if I get it donate something though.

Chances of me wanting to date somebody wasting her time asking for donations are slim to nil though.

CorDrine Posted: Tue Apr 6 07:29:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Singapore has one thing I really hate, and that's a "Flag Day". Usually held on Saturday where all the school kids or volunteer go out with a can and ask for money for a good course.

Half the time, the kids are forced out on the street to beg. Most of the time, they have no idea what organization they are helping. And it sucks that they teaches people so young how to beg. What happen to earning the money you need?

Kids should be learn to organize programs, fun fair etc to raise money, not just go out and beg for it.

I was once staying in the uni hall, and was involve in this "Flag Day" crap. When I return with half a can full of money, they freaking order me out to collect another empty can cause "I wasn't trying hard enough".

That's no way to teach about charity man! I am violently against the way the do it here. I won't ever give a single cent to support such an activity. I'll only donate if its done right.

Btw, most of my friends donate out of guilt, and also to get rid of those pest who keep sholving their darn can at you! Man irritating as hell!

SntSaturn Posted: Tue Apr 6 10:53:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd donate for the cause, not the person collecting for it.

choke Posted: Wed Apr 7 20:13:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ar who am i kidding ill be out there 2 one day :P

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Apr 7 21:37:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>ar who am i kidding ill be out there 2 one day :P
>
Hey Choke, is that your pic ?
nice :-)

libra Posted: Wed Apr 7 22:37:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ok, i might have to change my vote for that poll...

this guy came up to me and a friend at school today asking for money towards the rest of his bus fair to a nearby area. He was really cute, and that might have persuaded me to give him money, although i think i would have given him money even if he had been less attractive. I don't know...I had even noticed him before he asked and thought he was cute, so i was probably more inclined. But i've given money to random other people whose looks i didnt really notice...

choke Posted: Thu Apr 8 19:48:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>choke said:
>>ar who am i kidding ill be out there 2 one day :P
>>
>Hey Choke, is that your pic ?
>nice :-)

mahaha yep dats me dat dog is da trippiest dog in da world standing up he reaches almost upta my armpit and his head is like twice the size of mine :D u can tell im kinda stoned :P dat dog is awesome tho didnt leave my side all night :D

misszero Posted: Fri Apr 9 09:09:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the poll? well, i gotta use someone else's words

'you don't need money with a face like that, do ya honey?'

dan'll probably get what i'm on about. don't know about the rest of you

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]