Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

need some advice...
libra Posted: Sat Apr 10 17:44:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ok. well, my best guy friend is this guy from canada and his family's all back home in Vancouver, so he's here all alone. He doesn't have anything to do for easter, so i figured i'd ask him to come to my family's easter thing, which includes my family, and my aunts and uncles and grandparents, etc. He wants to come, he knows he's going to be interrogated, but the problem is that I know that everyone is going to think that we're dating but not telling anyone, or ask if we are, or assume we are, etc. That wasn't a big problem for me until today, when my mom came into my room and told me that my dad thought that maybe I had started dating Canada boy. (we hung out yesterday, i helped him put a bookcase together, well, i put it together, he was there to be strong and lift things. then we came back to my house and ate dinner and ended up watching tv until one in the morning.) For some reason, I really hate the feeling i get when i have to tell my parents that we're not dating, not that I want to date him, I went through all of that already. But I really don't like having to explain over and over again that he's not my boyfriend. I'm having second thoughts at him coming to easter tomorrow, and i don't know if i can tell him i don't want him to come, or whether i should just let him come and deal with the questions....argh.

Asswipe Posted: Sat Apr 10 19:04:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the only real solution here is to kill yourself to relieve the world of another whiney girl.

seriously, grow up. who cares what your relatives think of the two of you.

libra Posted: Sat Apr 10 19:45:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>the only real solution here is to kill yourself to relieve the world of another whiney girl.
>
>seriously, grow up. who cares what your relatives think of the two of you.

shut up asswipe, i'm not whining.

i'm not worried what they think, i just hate having to respond. I wish i could just post a sign up saying "No, we're not dating." I really couldn't care less what they think, but for some reason, having to tell people that we're not dating makes me feel really uncomfortable and i don't know why. I guess to me, it's the same thing as if my parents were to ask whether i was dating one of my good friends who is a girl...

novemberrain Posted: Sat Apr 10 20:11:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I was invited to a friend's house for easter a few years back. One of his relatives said something about me being his girlfriend during dinner. He simply said I wasn't, and that was the end of that.

Some people just have this mental block about guys and girls being only friends.

Don't let it get to you, Libra. And don't uninvite him. It may be a little uncomfortable, but it's only a day. It would suck to spend easter by himself (like I will be doing this year)

DanSRose Posted: Sat Apr 10 20:39:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My best friend here at college is a rather attractive blonde and we hang out together all the time. All time get question by people around campus and by my parents if we are a couple. I laugh at them and the question.
Either that or what I sometimes do is to make them guilty for barging into my private life. If I thought to be theirs' or common knowledge, they'd be told it. As they weren't, fuck 'em.

libra Posted: Sat Apr 10 20:47:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thanks guys, it makes me feel better about bringing him...i think he'll like my relatives, apart from the whole inquisition he'll have to go through.

choke Posted: Sat Apr 10 23:14:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i get that. except from my friends. they try n get me n a mate together thinking itll be good for me. Although tact isnt a very strong point, their intentions are still good :P dont let ur family make u miss out on fun!

webmaster Posted: Sun Apr 11 02:29:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And remember to make it clear to him as well. Make sure he doesn't get any false ideas. I would if a pretty girl invited me to her house for dinner.

marsteller Posted: Sun Apr 11 02:48:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  im with asswipe on this one. don't be such a pussy.

marsi Posted: Sun Apr 11 03:46:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Or maybe you can announce you are going to marry him next saturday. Ok, just kidding.

I understand your problem, it's like parents don't remember. And maybe it's their wishful thinking.
But don't uninvite him, because you think he can't deal the questions. He survived your rejection. Those questions will be easy.

choke Posted: Sun Apr 11 04:02:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  is that a vodka bottle marsteller? wikkid :D we made one outtov a gordons gin bottle wiv vodka 4 bong water fukt me over in less than 2 hours :D

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Apr 11 09:03:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just tell them that you're gay.

marsteller Posted: Sun Apr 11 11:38:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, it's an absolut bottle.

choke Posted: Sun Apr 11 18:14:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Just tell them that you're gay.

- better yet, that HES gay

libra Posted: Sun Apr 11 19:38:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Just tell them that you're gay.
>
>- better yet, that HES gay

i wish he was, things would be a lot easier if he was...well, i took him, and things were ok. he got along pretty well with everyone...

choke Posted: Sun Apr 11 21:23:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>i wish he was, things would be a lot easier if he was...well, i took him, and things were ok. he got along pretty well with everyone...

wikkid :D u have a good time?

i love the stereotype of gay people. i wood luv 2 have friends like da guys off queer eye for the straight guy. even though theyre overdoing it theyre so CUTE!!

choke Posted: Sun Apr 11 21:25:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dam i talk too much.

iggy Posted: Sun Apr 11 22:03:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lol.

gay men are fun people to hang out with. i have a few friends that are such people.

witty, smart, good sense of fashion... and they're good conversationalists.

marsteller Posted: Sun Apr 11 22:06:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, except for the fact that deep down they're all just bitches

choke Posted: Sun Apr 11 22:10:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>yeah, except for the fact that deep down they're all just bitches

yeah but so are chicks :P

FN Posted: Mon Apr 12 06:35:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>i love the stereotype of gay people. i wood luv 2 have friends like da guys off queer eye for the straight guy. even though theyre overdoing it theyre so CUTE!!

I can hit them in the face for just that.

I have NOTHING against gays, I do however hate stereotypes and especially gay guys overdoing it.

DaveHill Posted: Mon Apr 12 13:39:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You're a stereotype yourself :P
But that's okay, we still like you

FN Posted: Mon Apr 12 17:48:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DaveHill said:
>You're a stereotype yourself :P
>But that's okay, we still like you

My own stereotype perhaps.

If you think I am any other stereotype I'm pretty sure you are wrong.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 12 21:05:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>DaveHill said:
>>You're a stereotype yourself :P
>>But that's okay, we still like you
>
>
>
>My own stereotype perhaps.
>
>
>
>If you think I am any other stereotype I'm pretty sure you are wrong.
>
ha ! basic anti-American Eurotrash LOL

FN Posted: Mon Apr 12 21:53:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>ha ! basic anti-American Eurotrash LOL

Jealous?

dan632 Posted: Mon Apr 12 21:59:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  why would hif be jealous of that? he is american

DaveHill Posted: Tue Apr 13 02:48:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>My own stereotype perhaps.
>
>
>
>If you think I am any other stereotype I'm pretty sure you are wrong.

But of course, you're far too unique/different/creative to fit into a massmade description.

(which sounds sarcastic, but isn't meant that way)

iwonder Posted: Tue Apr 13 05:14:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hmmm. nobody'd let go of a chance to dole out some advice. wow! look at this list grow!

FN Posted: Tue Apr 13 06:30:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DaveHill said:
>Christophe said:
>>My own stereotype perhaps.
>>
>>
>>
>>If you think I am any other stereotype I'm pretty sure you are wrong.
>
>But of course, you're far too unique/different/creative to fit into a massmade description.
>
>(which sounds sarcastic, but isn't meant that way)

I think that goes for most people here.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]