Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

hey what the hell is goin on
simonvii Posted: Thu Apr 15 22:22:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah so what the hell do they think they're doin now?!! how many people joined the military reserves with the idea that "well even if i am deployed, at least they cant keep me away for more than a year"? probably a lot...now what kind of bullshit is this that all of a sudden the government can say "nevermind, we decided to keep overseas for another 3 months, even though we told you it could only be a year at the most when you signed up"

bullshit bullshit bullshit

so why does the government get to do whatever the fuck they want, even to the point of blatant lying like this shit?!!! man somebody needs to be held accountable for this shit...if i were in the military id leave once my year overseas was up, fuck that shit...

BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT

addi Posted: Thu Apr 15 22:34:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  want to say a lot of things here, but will just leave it at...

I feel sorry for the overworked soldiers there that now have to stay longer. I feel sorry for the familys at home who will have to wait longer for them.

We will be there for a long time.
the violence will continue.
many more soldiers will die.

iggy Posted: Thu Apr 15 23:47:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i shan't comment on the american policies and will not. it's an area i rather not go into and do any reading about.

but about the military i got my own 2 cents.

when u enter the army, ur litearally sell your soul to the government.

the military act and law in simple words means that ur ass belongs to them. they can do whatever they want to you and there's nothing much u can do about it.

all u people can argue, bitch about the unfairness concerning the military but honestly, unless you went in before, you can never understand.

iggy Posted: Thu Apr 15 23:52:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  u can feel bad and all, but what are u gonna do about it?

they are the ones guarding ur ass on the front line while u sleep at night.

there are people who think that the entire situation is wrong and get angry at everyone that's involved in it, but honestly, if u want to get angry, target it at the people that make the decisions... but respect the people that's miles away from home carrying out orders.

they're the ones doing the dirty work for people that only know how to talk and debate.

FN Posted: Fri Apr 16 05:52:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Something that is pissing me off lately is that bush somehow seems to have the right to give away palestinian territory to the isreali's.

I mean seriously, what the fuck?

Where did he get the right to decide over shit like this without consulting the palestinians and just decide along with israel over their heads again.

What's up with his magnificent 'roadmap'? He's fucking it up himself already.

Yeah, surely this will lead to peace over there.

Fuck ups.

iggy Posted: Fri Apr 16 06:02:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I mean seriously, what the fuck?

i used to disagree with u with these things but for this i agree with u

WHAT THE FUCK?

he's gonna cause more outrage and hatred towards the americans and this is what's gonna happen now

1) more people is gonna get pissed off
2) more hatred directed to americans and their allies
3) the cause for terrorist activities will be 'justified' by extremists
4) more bloodshed
5) never ending story of jews vs muslims in the hotspot
6) more suicide bombings

bottomline?

more blood will be shed.

bush shouldn't have stepped in and the only reason why he's saying this now is because of money.
a lot of the prominent businessmen in the states are rich jews. guess who's coffers are they gonna fill up soon for the elections?

some people's gonna ask me about proof. proof my ass. it's so fucking obvious what he's doing now.

peace? any fool will know this kind of statement will cause more people crying out for blood of the innocent.

>
>What's up with his magnificent 'roadmap'? He's fucking it up himself already.
>
>Fuck ups.

amen.

FUCK UPS

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Apr 16 07:03:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Every American prez since Carter has tried to broker peace between the Israelis and the Palestininans.
The sad fact is, the Palestinians have no legitimate claim to any land in the middle east. The Palestinians have no history as a people until the middle of the 20th century.
They were merely an ethnic minority mostly in Jordan until the creation of Israel.
The Arab world now uses them as expendable pawns to help in the destruction of Israel.

It's been proven over and over again that the Palestinians have no interest in peace, so why the fuck shouldn't they take whatever they want ? Giving it away sure as hell won't help.

FN Posted: Fri Apr 16 07:14:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Interesting fact:

In swing states like Florida and Ohio 10% of the population is Jewish.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Apr 16 08:27:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Interesting fact:
>
>In swing states like Florida and Ohio 10% of the population is Jewish.
>
Ohio ? I don't think so.
More Amish in Ohio than Jews.
Most American Jews live in New York, Florida and California.
Also, most Jews vote democrat.

FN Posted: Fri Apr 16 08:31:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Christophe said:
>>Interesting fact:
>>
>>In swing states like Florida and Ohio 10% of the population is Jewish.
>>
>Ohio ? I don't think so.
>More Amish in Ohio than Jews.
>Most American Jews live in New York, Florida and California.
>Also, most Jews vote democrat.

I guess bush is just trying to do one more good selfless thing in case he doesn't get re-elected.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Apr 16 08:47:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Christophe said:
>>>Interesting fact:
>>>
>>>In swing states like Florida and Ohio 10% of the population is Jewish.
>>>
>>Ohio ? I don't think so.
>>More Amish in Ohio than Jews.
>>Most American Jews live in New York, Florida and California.
>>Also, most Jews vote democrat.
>
One thing you never seem to get.
Bush doesn't give a damn about polls, he does what he thinks is the right thing to do.
You should get that, but you don't.
The reason I say you should get that, is because you continue to rail on about how stupid he is.
If he really wanted to get votes, he would be getting out of Iraq and the Taliban would still be in power.
>I guess bush is just trying to do one more good selfless thing in case he doesn't get re-elected.

addi Posted: Fri Apr 16 09:00:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Bush doesn't give a damn about polls,

been trying to fly below the radar on this one, but can't ignore this.

Of course he cares about the polls. They ALL care. He wouldn't have agreed to form a 9/11 commission (which he fought doing from the onset)if he didn't care a damn. He wouldn't have changed his mind about letting Rice speak under oath if he didn't give a damn. He wouldn't have taken the risk of looking like a babbling fool during his news conference a few days ago if he wasn't concerned about his rapid fall in the polls.
He can't pull out of Iraq now. Hell, even his democratic opponent admits at this point we need to stay. You make it sound like pulling out now is a viable option for Bush. We're in to it up to our necks now.
Doesn't care about the polls...that's a joke!

casper Posted: Fri Apr 16 09:40:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>i shan't comment on the american policies and will not. it's an area i rather not go into and do any reading about.
>
>but about the military i got my own 2 cents.
>
>when u enter the army, ur litearally sell your soul to the government.

actually you just lease it to them...

and the actual policy is not that you can only be deployed for a year but that you can't be deployed for more than 2 years in a 3 year period. (of course there are different regulations depending on whether you are deployed as a unit or as an individual but whatever)

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Apr 16 09:42:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>> Of course he cares about the polls. They ALL care. He wouldn't have agreed to form a 9/11 commission (which he fought doing from the onset)if he didn't care a damn. He wouldn't have changed his mind about letting Rice speak under oath if he didn't give a damn. He wouldn't have taken the risk of looking like a babbling fool during his news conference a few days ago if he wasn't concerned about his rapid fall in the polls.
>He can't pull out of Iraq now. Hell, even his democratic opponent admits at this point we need to stay. You make it sound like pulling out now is a viable option for Bush. We're in to it up to our necks now.
>Doesn't care about the polls...that's a joke!
>
He is not concerned a great deal with the polls.
There ! is that a little better terminology for you ?
If he was overly concerned with the polls, he wouldn't stick to his principles the way he does.
If he were overly concerned with the polls he would have waffled with his stances on abortion, christianity, and captial punishment.
It's Kerry that changes his views depending on which way the polls are going.

addi Posted: Fri Apr 16 10:07:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>It's Kerry that changes his views depending on which way the polls are going.

But we ain't talking about Kerry here, hif. If I had said it's Kerry that doesn't give a damn about the poll numbers then you would have a valid point (he does care BTW). You basiclly said Bush is above the influence of the poll numbers, and it's that statement that I reacted to.
Kerry and Bush, and everyone associated with their campaigns, cares a lot about the polls taken, and it does affect their course of action.

FN Posted: Fri Apr 16 10:38:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And that doesn't change shit about the fact that he has no right in deciding which territory is palestinian and which is israeli.

He doesn't own the fucking world you know.

simonvii Posted: Fri Apr 16 10:51:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:

>
>and the actual policy is not that you can only be deployed for a year but that you can't be deployed for more than 2 years in a 3 year period. (of course there are different regulations depending on whether you are deployed as a unit or as an individual but whatever)

the point is that at the start of this, the military promised the american people that no soldier's tour in iraq would be longer than a 12-month tour...now they're going back on their promise...if anyone outside the government or military did this to either the government or military (i.e. "i said id serve 12 mths but im leaving after 9 cuz i changed my mind") they would unquestionably be thrown in jail...i believe that lying is wrong, yes, but when someone's life is arguably at stake and you lie all the same thats even worse...

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Apr 16 11:23:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  simonvii said:
>the point is that at the start of this, the military promised the american people that no soldier's tour in iraq would be longer than a 12-month tour...now they're going back on their promise...if anyone outside the government or military did this to either the government or military (i.e. "i said id serve 12 mths but im leaving after 9 cuz i changed my mind") they would unquestionably be thrown in jail...i believe that lying is wrong, yes, but when someone's life is arguably at stake and you lie all the same thats even worse...
>
I would like to see where you got this info, the military doesn't make "promises".

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Apr 16 11:38:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Something that is pissing me off lately is that bush somehow seems to have the right to give away palestinian territory to the isreali's.
>
>I mean seriously, what the fuck?
>
>Where did he get the right to decide over shit like this without consulting the palestinians and just decide along with israel over their heads again.
>
>What's up with his magnificent 'roadmap'? He's fucking it up himself already.
>
>Yeah, surely this will lead to peace over there.
>
>Fuck ups.
>
what the fuck is your problem ?
All he did was agree with Ariel Sharon's plan for withdrawal, which won't work anyway because the Palestinians have no interest in peace anyway.
Fuck the Palestinians, they only want the destruction of Israel.

addi Posted: Fri Apr 16 11:47:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>I would like to see where you got this info, the military doesn't make "promises".

Iraq Tour Extended for Thousands of Troops
Thu Apr 15, 4:14 PM ET

By ROBERT BURNS, AP Military Writer

WASHINGTON - The Pentagon (news - web sites) said Thursday it is extending by three months the tours of some 20,000 American troops in Iraq (news - web sites), giving commanders extra firepower to confront an insurgency that is taking a mounting toll on the U.S.-led coalition.

The decision, announced by Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, breaks a promise to soldiers who were assured when they arrived in Iraq that they would stay no more than one year.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Apr 16 12:16:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>ifihadahif said:
>Iraq Tour Extended for Thousands of Troops
>Thu Apr 15, 4:14 PM ET
>
>By ROBERT BURNS, AP Military Writer
>
>WASHINGTON - The Pentagon (news - web sites) said Thursday it is extending by three months the tours of some 20,000 American troops in Iraq (news - web sites), giving commanders extra firepower to confront an insurgency that is taking a mounting toll on the U.S.-led coalition.
>
>The decision, announced by Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, breaks a promise to soldiers who were assured when they arrived in Iraq that they would stay no more than one year.
>
Yeah, they were told to expect a "one year deployment" which is standard for this type of mission.
And now it's become a "promise".
I suppose we should let them come home anyway, thereby endangering the lives of those left behind because of their weakened numbers.

addi Posted: Fri Apr 16 12:38:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  not asking for the troops to be sent home now hif. never said that and won't. that would be jumping from the pot into the fire in my opinion.

you asked where simon got the promise and i answered it- that's all. In fact it would be real easy to do a news archive search and find mant more articles about white house officials commenting on the length of a tour of duty in Iraq and how it's been changed.

BTW the white house spends millions on polling. In fact they took a poll right before Bushs news conference asking people their opinion on whether he should apologise about previous mistakes regarding terrorism. The higher percentage said "no" so he refused to apologise during the questioning. Rather strange for a pres that is indifferent to what the polls say don't cha think.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Apr 16 12:59:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And I would say to you that even if the higher percent said they would like to hear an apology, that he would refuse.
Roosevelt certainly didn't apologize for Pearl Harbor.

FN Posted: Fri Apr 16 13:04:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>And I would say to you that even if the higher percent said they would like to hear an apology, that he would refuse.
>Roosevelt certainly didn't apologize for Pearl Harbor.

Why polls then?

Malik Posted: Fri Apr 16 13:51:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well, maybe Bush doesn't deserve to rule the world and all, and give one country's territory to another. But it was done, and people let him. So, he might not offically own the world, but if he does things and no one stops him, he effectively does.

Oh, and this is not the first time a country has done something like this. In fact, I think it was FDR who GAVE the entire Sudetenland to Germany simpally because they asked for it. Germany didn't have any claim to it except that they needed more "living space".

And it doesn't really matter what the government promises you, they can still break it. And you can't sue them. Chanz is right, you do pretty much sell your soul to them. However, I do feel sorry for the soldiers who were lied to.

simonvii Posted: Fri Apr 16 14:16:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>I would like to see where you got this info, the military doesn't make "promises".
>
>
>Iraq Tour Extended for Thousands of Troops
>Thu Apr 15, 4:14 PM ET
>
>By ROBERT BURNS, AP Military Writer
>
>WASHINGTON - The Pentagon (news - web sites) said Thursday it is extending by three months the tours of some 20,000 American troops in Iraq (news - web sites), giving commanders extra firepower to confront an insurgency that is taking a mounting toll on the U.S.-led coalition.
>
>The decision, announced by Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, breaks a promise to soldiers who were assured when they arrived in Iraq that they would stay no more than one year.
>

thank you, saves me time

FN Posted: Fri Apr 16 14:19:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Malik said:
>Oh, and this is not the first time a country has done something like this. In fact, I think it was FDR who GAVE the entire Sudetenland to Germany simpally because they asked for it. Germany didn't have any claim to it except that they needed more "living space".

Yeah I know, saw a documentary on it yesterday and about the problems it's going to give when Czechoslovakia and others get added to the European Union so the Sudetes can go back to from where they were expelled, with all the problems resulting from that.

addi Posted: Fri Apr 16 14:28:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Malik said:

>Oh, and this is not the first time a country has done something like this. In fact, I think it was FDR who GAVE the entire Sudetenland to Germany simpally because they asked for it. Germany didn't have any claim to it except that they needed more "living space".

Malik, forgive me in advance for being a nitpick. the following is a bit oversimplified...

Sudentenland was part of germany up until 1866. Many thousands of "germans" lived there, and most were content to live under Czech rule. It was a small nazi supported group within the area that started to raise a stink about being mistreated.
It was Chamberlain and Daladier that "gave" the land to Hitler in 1938, not FDR. America was trying her best to remain neutral and out of the fray at that time. Adolph promised in return not to lay claim to any more area in europe.

marsteller Posted: Fri Apr 16 14:43:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  set all our troops up in a line in western iraq, and march east, killing all the rebels and trouble-makers in the way. that'd be my plan. oh, and don't forget to rape and pillage.

simonvii Posted: Fri Apr 16 14:45:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Malik said:
>
>>Oh, and this is not the first time a country has done something like this. In fact, I think it was FDR who GAVE the entire Sudetenland to Germany simpally because they asked for it. Germany didn't have any claim to it except that they needed more "living space".
>
>Malik, forgive me in advance for being a nitpick. the following is a bit oversimplified...
>
>Sudentenland was part of germany up until 1866. Many thousands of "germans" lived there, and most were content to live under Czech rule. It was a small nazi supported group within the area that started to raise a stink about being mistreated.
>It was Chamberlain and Daladier that "gave" the land to Hitler in 1938, not FDR. America was trying her best to remain neutral and out of the fray at that time. Adolph promised in return not to lay claim to any more area in europe.
>
hey if u guys want more on this read the book "the oster conspiracy"...it talks a lot about prewar germany and how hitlers generals were ready to revolt if only they had had the support of britain and france...when the sudentenland was seceded, however, they were forced to renig on their coup, thinking they had no support...

FN Posted: Fri Apr 16 15:32:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>set all our troops up in a line in western iraq, and march east, killing all the rebels and trouble-makers in the way. that'd be my plan. oh, and don't forget to rape and pillage.

This strategic masterpiece could only be yours.

I know you're joking by the way.

marsteller Posted: Fri Apr 16 15:43:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  c'mon now, who doesn't like to rape and pillage?

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Apr 16 15:54:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, there's nothing like an old woman in a burkha to get my wood on . . .

Mesh Posted: Fri Apr 16 17:40:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  simonvii said:

>BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT

Simon, I cant quite put a finger on it, but something tells me you are not happy about something ;)

choke Posted: Sat Apr 17 23:54:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *rolls on the floor laffn*

I love this place

kurohyou Posted: Mon Apr 19 00:53:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hmmm, I'd have to say, with regards to the troop deployment issue, it is crap. But soliders know this is a possiblilty when they sign up. That at any point they could be deployed to fight a war that they don't agree with, but that is what they signed up for. I'm watching this situation closely because I'm considering signing up with the Colorado National Gaurd if I don't get into the police academy. I'm looking at the national gaurd because they stand a less likely chance of getting deployed than say the Army reserves do. But I think I was reading today that they're getting ready to ship a bunch of National Gaurd Soliders to Afganistan to do something over there. (didn't read the whole story just the headline) So that is a big concern of mine. But if I do end up signing up I know that its a possibility that I could get strung out over there fighting a war I don't really want to fight. But that is part of the job, and someone's got to do it.

I did just have a buddy of mine get back from his tour, and he's out now, they can't call him back because he had already finished his tour. He's got a couple months of crap work here at a base and then he's clear. My brother is talking about joining up, but he's thinking of going all the way and becoming a marine. I don't know much about the politics behind this mess, but I have the utmost respect for anyone over there who wears a uniform and puts his or her life on the line every damn day to represent this country, whether all of us back here agree with it or not.

It terms of the Isreal Palestinian thing, those people seem to have been fighting since the dawn of time, hell everyone one in that part of the world has been. I don't know that we want to get in the middle of it, but we already are. I don't know that is a mess over there no matter how you slice it, and I think either a nuke, or armagaddon will be the only thing to calm them all down.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 19 06:49:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Panther said:
>It terms of the Isreal Palestinian thing, those people seem to have been fighting since the dawn of time, hell everyone one in that part of the world has been. I don't know that we want to get in the middle of it, but we already are. I don't know that is a mess over there no matter how you slice it, and I think either a nuke, or armagaddon will be the only thing to calm them all down.
>
They've only been fighting since the creation of Israel, and the that is the Palestinians only goal - the destruction of Israel.

addi Posted: Mon Apr 19 07:32:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>and the that is the Palestinians only goal - the destruction of Israel.

Not so fast my unfettered friend...
They have two goals: The destruction of Israel, AND a new Krispy Kreme Donuts to open in the Gaza Strip Mall

...and the state of Israel didn't exist until 1948, so yes, that's when the fighting between the two groups officially began, but that little area of the world has been a hotbed of conflict and hatred since the first records of civilization were written down.
...and not to dismiss the evil and stupidity of suicide bombing and terrorist acts of violence, but anyone who believes it's ONLY the Palenstineans who wear the black hats, and that the Israelis are completely blameless for the current state of affairs there is either very naive, or a republican.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 19 08:36:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>and the that is the Palestinians only goal - the destruction of Israel.
>
>Not so fast my unfettered friend...
>They have two goals: The destruction of Israel, AND a new Krispy Kreme Donuts to open in the Gaza Strip Mall
>
>...and the state of Israel didn't exist until 1948, so yes, that's when the fighting between the two groups officially began, but that little area of the world has been a hotbed of conflict and hatred since the first records of civilization were written down.
>...and not to dismiss the evil and stupidity of suicide bombing and terrorist acts of violence, but anyone who believes it's ONLY the Palenstineans who wear the black hats, and that the Israelis are completely blameless for the current state of affairs there is either very naive, or a republican.
>
And I will say to you my friend, that if the lunacy of the Palestininas was to stop tomorrow, there would be no more problems between the two.
Israel wants nothing more than to live in peace. Of course they are not all saints in Israel, but they can't be made to carry any of the blame for the conflict between the two. It's only the Palestinians that create the state of war between them, not the Israelis.
It's only the Palestinians that indoctrinate their children to hatred from the crib, not the Israelis.
It's only the Palestinians that send their children to die for the cause of hatred, not the Israelis.

iggy Posted: Mon Apr 19 10:02:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and attacks on civillians as retaliation justify the israelis then huh?

kill a muslim... that is justified

but kill a jew... that is a catastrophy, lets launch a few missiles now won't we?

fuck that bullshit.

FN Posted: Mon Apr 19 10:20:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Israel wants nothing more than to live in peace. Of course they are not all saints in Israel, but they can't be made to carry any of the blame for the conflict between the two. It's only the Palestinians that create the state of war between them, not the Israelis.

Bullshit.

Watch 'checkpoint'.

If I'd have to go through stuff like the Palestinians have to go through day in day out I'd take a few Isreali's with me as well

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 19 10:29:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>If I'd have to go through stuff like the Palestinians have to go through day in day out I'd take a few Isreali's with me as well
>
The Palestinians brought it all on themselves, they started this shit and they perpetuate it, and only they can stop it.
All they have to do to stop it is make peace with Israel. But they have no intention of stopping it til Israel is gone. How can you blame Israel for the way they treat the Palestinians when they send even 11 year olds to kill themselves in hopes of taking a jew or two with them ?

FN Posted: Mon Apr 19 10:32:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Christophe said:
>>If I'd have to go through stuff like the Palestinians have to go through day in day out I'd take a few Isreali's with me as well
>>
>The Palestinians brought it all on themselves, they started this shit and they perpetuate it, and only they can stop it.
>All they have to do to stop it is make peace with Israel. But they have no intention of stopping it til Israel is gone. How can you blame Israel for the way they treat the Palestinians when they send even 11 year olds to kill themselves in hopes of taking a jew or two with them ?

All I am saying is that you can't judge the palestinians for that, they don't know any better and get mocked day in day out.

Like I said, watch the documentary 'checkpoint', I'm sure you can find it somewhere, it was made by the BBC I think.

Seeing that I can understand people getting so frustrated and pissed off that they are willing to die if they can take some Israeli's witht them.

Honnestly, if I would have to live like that and every single day of my life I'd go nuts as well and to say it(s only their fault and you wouldn't get pissed off is naieve and hypocritical.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 19 11:37:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  OK, so why is it not their own damn fault ?
Explain to me why they didn't bring it on themselves.
Yes I would hate to live that way as well, and they don't have to. They have been offerred 97 percent of the land they were asking for and they refused it.
Do you know why ?
It's because they want the destruction of Israel and will accept nothing less.
I feel sorry for the Palestinians because they are nothing more than a pawn for the Arab world. The Arab world doesn't give a damn about the Palestinians and use them to further their own agenda where Israel is concerned.

FN Posted: Mon Apr 19 13:08:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What gives Israeli's the right to that land over the Palestinians and who is ethicly entitled to make that decision?

Bush?

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 19 13:17:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>What gives Israeli's the right to that land over the Palestinians and who is ethicly entitled to make that decision?
>
>Bush?
>
Read the history, both were awarded their own lands, but the Palestinians objected to the existence of Israel.
Bush had nothing to do with it and still doesn't. But he does support Israel over Palestine as any freedom loving person should. It's the only democracy in the Arab world, and they don't kill their children.
I don't give a shit about "checkpoint", anymore than I give a shit about "Bowling for Columbine", anyone can make a documentary and slant it towards their own political agenda, and the BBC certainly has their own agenda.

FN Posted: Mon Apr 19 13:30:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And the Bush government and republican party are free from such vile propaganda, that speaks for itself ofcourse.

I never said the checkpoint thing is the one and only truth, but think for yourself for a second; you're an Israeli soldier of about 19-20 years old and you are told/know you can do anything you damn well please with Palestinian people and frustrate the shit out of them at the checkpoints.

You actually think they won't abuse it when they get bored from just standing there hours on end?

I hope you don't.

I never said the checkpoint thing is the one and only truth, it does give a view from the other side of the fence though.

An Israeli soldier (guarding a checkpoint at a major city, I forgot the name bujt if I hear or read it again I'll probably remember it) looking straight into the camera and talking about how he enjoys the power his position gives him and how he likes to let 'palestinian pigs/dogs' stand in the burning sun or pouring rain for hours on end is probably acceptable for you; but don't go telling me that the palestinians are the only ones raised to hate or despise the other party.

If a guy did that to me and I'd have nothing to lose anyway I'd blow his fucking head off.

On the other hand, when a palestinian girl crossed the checkpoint he didn't have any trouble with flirting with her and telling her to turn around so he could check her ass out, all in front of the camera without any shame at all like it was a normal thing to do.

This is just one of the several cases shown in the movie.

And again, ofcourse the most sensational parts will be picked to put in the film but that doesn't change shit about the fact that it happens and probably more often than you'd think. Abuse of the locals takes place in every invasion/occupation

Isreali soldiers aren't any holier than anybody else, and american soldiers aren't either for that matter.

And I don't know where bush thinks he gets the right to give his approval for stuff like this, point is that he doesn't have it.

marsteller Posted: Mon Apr 19 15:09:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>You actually think they won't abuse it when they get bored from just standing there hours on end?

everyone abuses power, no matter how big or small. no matter who's in charge, or what they're in charge of, the boss is going to slant things so that they work in his favor

FN Posted: Mon Apr 19 15:25:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>Christophe said:
>>You actually think they won't abuse it when they get bored from just standing there hours on end?
>
>everyone abuses power, no matter how big or small. no matter who's in charge, or what they're in charge of, the boss is going to slant things so that they work in his favor

My point exactly.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Apr 20 06:54:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>
>I never said the checkpoint thing is the one and only truth, but think for yourself for a second; you're an Israeli soldier of about 19-20 years old and you are told/know you can do anything you damn well please with Palestinian people and frustrate the shit out of them at the checkpoints.
>
>You actually think they won't abuse it when they get bored from just standing there hours on end?
>
>I hope you don't.
>
>I never said the checkpoint thing is the one and only truth, it does give a view from the other side of the fence though.
>
>An Israeli soldier (guarding a checkpoint at a major city, I forgot the name bujt if I hear or read it again I'll probably remember it) looking straight into the camera and talking about how he enjoys the power his position gives him and how he likes to let 'palestinian pigs/dogs' stand in the burning sun or pouring rain for hours on end is probably acceptable for you; but don't go telling me that the palestinians are the only ones raised to hate or despise the other party.
>
>If a guy did that to me and I'd have nothing to lose anyway I'd blow his fucking head off.
>
>On the other hand, when a palestinian girl crossed the checkpoint he didn't have any trouble with flirting with her and telling her to turn around so he could check her ass out, all in front of the camera without any shame at all like it was a normal thing to do.
>
>This is just one of the several cases shown in the movie.
>
>And again, ofcourse the most sensational parts will be picked to put in the film but that doesn't change shit about the fact that it happens and probably more often than you'd think. Abuse of the locals takes place in every invasion/occupation
>
>Isreali soldiers aren't any holier than anybody else, and american soldiers aren't either for that matter.
>
>
You seem to forget they are in a perpetual state of war. A state of war that only exists because of the ignorance of the Palestinians. If it weren't for that, there would be no need for checkpoints. And no, the Israelis don't teach hatred as part of their curriculum in the schools as the Palestinians do. Of course a certain amount of hatred (understandably) occurs when the homicide bombers keep coming, how could it not ? But they certainly don't indoctrinate their children in hatred as the Palestinians do.
>
>And I don't know where bush thinks he gets the right to give his approval for stuff like this, point is that he doesn't have it.
>
Sure he does. Ariel Sharon came here to inform Bush of his plans as a matter of courtesy and Bush gave his approval, simple as that.

dan632 Posted: Tue Apr 20 07:00:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey everybody look at me! i'm flyer that Mr T

mat_j Posted: Fri Apr 23 14:32:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>simonvii said:
>>the point is that at the start of this, the military promised the american people that no soldier's tour in iraq would be longer than a 12-month tour...now they're going back on their promise...if anyone outside the government or military did this to either the government or military (i.e. "i said id serve 12 mths but im leaving after 9 cuz i changed my mind") they would unquestionably be thrown in jail...i believe that lying is wrong, yes, but when someone's life is arguably at stake and you lie all the same thats even worse...
>>
>I would like to see where you got this info, the military doesn't make "promises".

Damn straight! it'd only fuck them up anyway

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]