Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

What the Bush Administration tried to hide
iggy Posted: Sat Apr 24 00:34:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/coffin_photos/dover/

iggy Posted: Sat Apr 24 00:37:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  here;s the main page. do go here too

http://www.thememoryhole.org/index.htm

Maya Posted: Sat Apr 24 05:54:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey chanz, where you from man?

iggy Posted: Sat Apr 24 06:22:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maya said:
>hey chanz, where you from man?

if i tell u i gotta kill ya

hmmm...

why did u ask?

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Apr 24 09:01:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The Bush administration is not trying to hide anything. It has long been a policy to prohibit the media or the public to view the arrival of remains at Dover Air Force base. This was done mainly out respect to the sensitivity and privacy of the families involved.
Also in a tremendous display of ignorance, the moron that published these photos also published at least 18 rows of pics of the Space Shuttle Columbia astronaut's remains, also listing them as our war dead, so now he had not only agitated the grieving families of soldiers lost in Iraq, but he has also agitated the families of the Columbia crew who had thought to put this behind them.
Even the AP took a photo from this site listed as American war dead and published it, only to find out it was a pic of Columbia's remains.

Maya Posted: Sat Apr 24 09:58:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>Maya said:
>>hey chanz, where you from man?
>
>if i tell u i gotta kill ya
>
>hmmm...
>
>why did u ask?

just wondered, get the feeling your a brit like me cos of some of the web links you send. Could be wrong tho! You not gonna tell me?? PLEASEEE

Asswipe Posted: Sat Apr 24 21:06:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well, i'd say the images definatly have more of a negative impact on the nation's morale than on the families of the victims. They are not posting pictures of the dead soldiers hanging by their nutsack from a bridge while angry masked men throw feces at 'em, they are showing flags draped around boxes.

I witnessed maybe 4 different images of rooms lined w/ maybe 20 coffins each, and i know these numbers of the dead fall drastically short of war casualities in the past, but it still conjured up far more feelings of pity and grief (not to say i fell over sobbing) than if i had just heard a number read.

i don't have a dead friend in one of those boxes, so i dunno, but i still think the primary reason is not for protecting the families, their tragic deaths in promoting __________ (fill in the blank)is far more of an atrocity than seeing an image of a coffin.

iggy Posted: Sun Apr 25 13:17:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maya said:

>
>just wondered, get the feeling your a brit like me cos of some of the web links you send. Could be wrong tho! You not gonna tell me?? PLEASEEE
>

i'm asian :)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]