Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Making an effort to talk to GTer's you don't usually talk to/talk to enough
mat_j Posted: Sat May 1 11:00:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello Mouse, Hello Sweet P, Hello Mesh, Hello Wolffie, hello Maya

There now i feel better, anyone else?

dan632 Posted: Sat May 1 11:21:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hello Mr Mat, how R U?
did u have anyluck finding the lyrics to Token Celtic Drinking song? i haven't, i've looked all over the net:<

mat_j Posted: Sat May 1 11:24:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello Dan, i'm fucking grand dude, yourself? I cant find that fucking song for the life of me, it's a bone-fide mystery!

dan632 Posted: Sat May 1 11:41:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah i'm not too shabby thanx. yeah i read somewhere that a band called Jimmy George did a cover of it but called it "One Stiff Whiskey", problem is i can't find ANY lyrics by the band Jimmy George :(

addi Posted: Sat May 1 11:56:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey fuckin' hey, mat.
t'was thinking about this and decided i talk too much to everyone here (except Billy Pilgrim, and he's a butt hole). Couldn't think of anyone to say hi to. some of them just aren't coming here as often as they used to (for their own reasons). Others only check the board every now and then i think.

if you started a thread called
"Making an effort to avoid GTer's you usually talk too much to"
then i would have a lot of non- responses to make

Maya Posted: Sat May 1 13:21:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well hello there mat! im honoured to be one of the reasons you have created a thread....hows life treating you ma dear??

Mesh Posted: Sat May 1 18:52:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello mat. how you are doing today, sir?

Mark Posted: Sat May 1 19:15:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hi mat, hows it going?

Mouse Posted: Sat May 1 20:30:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Why, hello Mat. What's up with you of late?

Bwahahaha! My name is the first on this thread! Hahaha! *glances around*
Oh, hi everybody, I'm not evil... really... Don't you believe me?
Mouse

novemberrain Posted: Sat May 1 21:33:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I believe you, Mouse.

Of course, I am naive :)

Mouse Posted: Sat May 1 23:33:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well, from the faux naive to the naive, I thank you. I'll save you a wing in my palace, if the servants will ever notice me to take my orders...
Mouse

Kira Posted: Sun May 2 00:08:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Awwww... Dat's so sweet, like a bowl of jello, yum.

Haven't been talking to anyone lately so I'll just take the easy way out and say hello to Everyone. Heya!

Mouse isn't evil, and Mat is nice.

choke Posted: Sun May 2 02:44:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hmm. Hello Jazer and Aeon, the first people i had a conversation with, hello SntSaturn, the first person to welcome me to GT, hello everyone else who's made my visits a pleasure :)

(dont be modest - that means all of you)

marsi Posted: Sun May 2 04:49:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello everybody.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun May 2 10:02:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>Well, from the faux naive to the naive, I thank you. I'll save you a wing in my palace, if the servants will ever notice me to take my orders...
>Mouse
>
Will you save me a wing too ?
I like mine with buffalo sauce.

mat_j Posted: Sun May 2 14:11:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maya, i am as always feeling great, i hope everythings going down well in Mayaville

Mesh, what you doing dude, fancy a few beverages of the alcoholic nature

Wolffie, good to see more people from the continental contingent, hope your enjoying it here in GT, just one thing though, stay away from that kid they call Addison he's a bad boy

Mousie!! Always a pleasure, never a chore ;-P, i know your not evil, i like your mouse pic btw, it's cool

phew that's my list done, now the other people who were kind enough to grace my thread

Hello Sailovzi, thankyou your nice too

Choke dude, the dog rules, but is it really trully evil?

And Marsi, i don't talk to you nowhere near enough, you should ahve been i9n the original list you crazy cat!!

Wow, that was a mammoth task, but i feel better now, back to the pub to celebrate!

FN Posted: Sun May 2 16:08:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've had my share of celebrations this weekend as well.

Am thinking of getting me a new girlfriend by the way.

Have been feeling a bit lonely lately, probably because of the going out part.

I'm always having fun when partying but when I get back and have to lie alone in my bed I just feel like there's something missing.

I miss waking up with a girl I love in my arms you know.

Problem is I'm not overly interested in somebody at the moment, which sucks because that means there won't be any change in the near future.

Oh well.

marsi Posted: Sun May 2 16:45:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>And Marsi, i don't talk to you nowhere near enough, you should ahve been i9n the original list you crazy cat!!
>

Hi mat_j.
*smiles*

Maya Posted: Sun May 2 18:07:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe, here i was ok with being single, feeling like im an independant woman and i can be alone and then....WHY? its so much better being attached than alone, i like waking up next to someone too!!! AWWW thats it im gonna get me a man...or a girl....erm...so much choice yet im STILL single!

JAZER Posted: Sun May 2 23:10:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Hmm. Hello Jazer and Aeon, the first people i had a conversation with, hello SntSaturn, the first person to welcome me to GT, hello everyone else who's made my visits a pleasure :)
>
>(dont be modest - that means all of you)

Hello again Choke. Ive been busy with work and school lately and Ive not been around much but school is getting ready to be done so Ill be here more often.

choke Posted: Mon May 3 04:22:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Jazer everytime i see your pic i fall in love with it again!

im twisted and morbid but i luvit!!

choke Posted: Mon May 3 04:24:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>
>Choke dude, the dog rules, but is it really trully evil?
>
eye. very evil. ate my dinner. thats what happens when a dog is huge enough to be at food height! (or if the victim is too small to keep the plate out of huge dogs reach) :P

mat_j Posted: Mon May 3 07:07:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hahaha, he looks as if he is capable of that misdameneur, look at those doggie eyes looking around!!!

sweet p Posted: Tue May 4 02:03:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi Mat_j :)
What's goin on?

I just moved outta my downtown house...it's been hell packing and unpaking all of my belongings...I didn't realise how much crap I have accumulated.

But this has been a reason for my lack of action here at GT.

Hi everyone else as well...
I have been able to catch up and read a few threads now and then but then I don't have anything to say back...

I hope you're all doin alright : )

choke Posted: Tue May 4 03:34:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>hahaha, he looks as if he is capable of that misdameneur, look at those doggie eyes looking around!!!

Heh, thats puppy love :P

Christian Posted: Tue May 4 06:33:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi all, I'm not sure WHAT to say to this one...maybe I should use your names more in my postings... I have no enemies here...in fact I think you are all a great bunch! Hats off ! :-)

mat_j Posted: Tue May 4 07:38:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>Hi Mat_j :)
>What's goin on?
>
>I just moved outta my downtown house...it's been hell packing and unpaking all of my belongings...I didn't realise how much crap I have accumulated.
>
>But this has been a reason for my lack of action here at GT.
>
>Hi everyone else as well...
>I have been able to catch up and read a few threads now and then but then I don't have anything to say back...
>
>I hope you're all doin alright : )
>

Hey i'm grand good to know your back and about on the ol GT!!

mat_j Posted: Tue May 4 07:39:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christian said:
>Hi all, I'm not sure WHAT to say to this one...maybe I should use your names more in my postings... I have no enemies here...in fact I think you are all a great bunch! Hats off ! :-)

Aww christian dude, i consider you an old chum!!! go in peace dude!

Christian Posted: Tue May 4 08:47:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thanks Mat...ur a charmer ...lol..and I NEEDED that today!! :-)

SntSaturn Posted: Tue May 4 20:29:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aww, I'm glad to be recognized as one who needs to talk more. The thing is - I actually haven't been to GT since my last posting. With school winding down (AP exams), the height of spring sports, etc. I've been so busy. Not to mention, my internet went retarded. It was too much of a nuissance to be online.

The funny thing is - no matter how long you are away, you always come back.

Mesh Posted: Wed May 5 00:36:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  SntSaturn said:

>The funny thing is - no matter how long you are away, you always come back.

that is ohhhh so true.

skud Posted: Fri Jan 28 11:32:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey man we didn't cover it, we wrote it!
I don't know the lyrics off-hand but I can ask J to type them up. People always ask for the lyrics for that song for some reason. There is a snippet here:
http://www.geocities.com/discordianstooge/opinion.html

You can buy our "best of" (worst of) CD too if you really want to hear it... tunevault.com/jimmygeorge

dan632 said:
>yeah i'm not too shabby thanx. yeah i read somewhere that a band called Jimmy George did a cover of it but called it "One Stiff Whiskey", problem is i can't find ANY lyrics by the band Jimmy George :(

mikeomike Posted: Mon Jan 31 16:22:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey dude, the song one stiff whiskey or token celtic drinking song is by the band Jimmy George and not the Pogues as so many kazaa users seem to think. it was on our second album called Hotel/Motel which you can get at www.tunevault.com i think.

skud Posted: Thu Mar 3 14:15:34 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dan632 said:
>hello Mr Mat, how R U?
>did u have anyluck finding the lyrics to Token Celtic Drinking song? i haven't, i've looked all over the net:<

Hey guys, just noticed this, the song Token Celtic Drinking Song is by my band Jimmy George from Ottawa, Canada. It was on our album Hotel Motel which was released in 1995. It's not a cover song, we wrote it. Thanks to Napster and file-sharing it has circulated for years with incorrect credit being given to The Pogues, Steve Earle and others. It used to be available on MP3.com when it was a useful site, now it's available at http://jimmygeorge.bandcamp.com

choke Posted: Fri Mar 4 09:55:45 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Holy god I thought this was a new thread and was reading from all these people I hadn't seen in ages like oh my! And then I got to my own name.

I can't believe I used to spell like that.

Mesh Posted: Fri Mar 11 01:20:54 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Whoa

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]