Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

question
libra Posted: Tue May 4 14:58:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry to bother you guys with such a silly question, but does anyone know how to cite Movies in MLA format? If i have a quote from Shakespeare in Love in my essay, what do i do? put (Shakespeare in Love) after the quote? Anyway, if anyone knows, let me know. I've searched the sites on MLA formatting and it doesnt say a thing about citing movies except for when you're putting them in your works cited sheet...

zander83 Posted: Tue May 4 15:39:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i used mla i think and we were taugh to refernece "shakespear in love" in quotation marks after the quote, with a mention in the bibliography of shakespear in love, director, writer, Studio(miramax in this case i think) as well as year of production...

i hope i remembered correctly... haven't had to quote in over 2 years

libra Posted: Tue May 4 15:50:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thanks zander! I'll give it a try, and ask the teacher at some point. She's somewhat forgiving about breaking MLA rules(I hate it when teachers act like MLA is the bible).

Hope you're having a good day zander, so school's done right? what's next?

(my MSN is down so I can't have fun conversations with you all until i fix the problem)

DanSRose Posted: Tue May 4 15:54:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Shakespeare In Love. Dir John Madden. Perf. Geoffrey Rush, Joseph Fiennes, Gwyneth Paltrow, Judi Dench. Miramax, 1998.

You're welcome. :)

DanSRose Posted: Tue May 4 15:55:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh, html code doesn't work here, but the title of the movie should be underlined and it should be - Dir. John Madden

Mesh Posted: Tue May 4 17:15:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  what is this MLA format you speak of?

libra Posted: Tue May 4 18:11:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>what is this MLA format you speak of?

it stands for the Modern Language Association.

they made up all these guidlines for the way you format essays and papers. They think they're the english gods.

libra Posted: Tue May 4 18:13:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thanks Dan!

Maya Posted: Tue May 4 19:21:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  MLA over here is where we get our titles to articles or books that our humanities related (spooky music) weird!

dan632 Posted: Tue May 4 19:26:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my face hurts, y'all put too many 3 letter wordses in here for me to cope with!

Mesh Posted: Wed May 5 00:25:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well MLA sounds like poop to me.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]