Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Stupid Iraq Essay
Zacq Posted: Tue May 11 10:58:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm supposed to write an essay about why we went to war on Iraq, but after a full day of research I have no idea why.

Would any of you conservatives (I'm thinkin' of you ifihadahif) like to try to help out this liberal insurgent commie?

The only thing I could think of was

Operation
Iraqi
Liberation

(note the acronym)

FN Posted: Tue May 11 11:05:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hahaha I never noticed that

Perhaps you should make that your title, those 3 words underneath eachother with the first letters made fat.

FN Posted: Tue May 11 11:06:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hmm.

Nevermind, I just realised it's "iraqi freedom" (who the hell came up with a name like that, sounds like a superman episode)

Zacq Posted: Tue May 11 11:07:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yea I should have.
Darn.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue May 11 11:13:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  must please daddy
saddam is a bad man
need more oil, never can have enough
military toys are fun to play with
arabs don't count anyway

casper Posted: Tue May 11 12:07:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i wish we did go into iraq for the oil..then maybe i wouldn't be paying 2 dollars a fuckin gallon...

libra Posted: Tue May 11 12:55:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  gas is about 2.17 a gallon here...

Asswipe Posted: Tue May 11 13:55:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well, attempting to back Bushes reasons or the liberal views on the reason for the war, adamantly, would seem foolish, since doing either would be w/ out fact. have you read the peloponesian war: on justice, power and human nature, by thucydides?

in it, he shows men debating many issues, including whether they should go to war, and after they went to war, debating what to do. if you can pick up the book, reading the first few chapters or so would be sufficient help for your paper. or shit, just check out www.sparknotes.com for a quick summary.

let me know if that's of any help

casper Posted: Tue May 11 14:01:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>gas is about 2.17 a gallon here...

no wonder you want a hybrid. i was thinking of trading in my suv for one of those hybrid escapes. gotta love the idea of an suv that gets 40 miles to the gallon :)

libra Posted: Tue May 11 14:46:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>libra said:
>>gas is about 2.17 a gallon here...
>
>no wonder you want a hybrid. i was thinking of trading in my suv for one of those hybrid escapes. gotta love the idea of an suv that gets 40 miles to the gallon :)

do it!...yea, my dad says our gas is more expensive than other states' cause we have more strict laws about emissions and pollution and stuff...I dont mind paying the bit extra if its to help keep from polluting as much. I don't think we're doing enough though, LA and the bay area are still sooo smoggy. its disgusting.

Mark Posted: Tue May 11 15:19:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Gallon is about 4 litres. A litre here costs 1.28 euro. 1 euro is 1.49 US dollar, making a gallon 5.96 US Dollars. And it ainít because we have strict laws about omission, they just want to fill the treasury.

casper Posted: Tue May 11 15:26:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wolffie said:
>Gallon is about 4 litres. A litre here costs 1.28 euro. 1 euro is 1.49 US dollar, making a gallon 5.96 US Dollars. And it ainít because we have strict laws about omission, they just want to fill the treasury.

holy crap! i think i'd be riding a bicycle to work :) do you have a good public transportation system where you live? here in New Mexico we have crap.

FN Posted: Tue May 11 15:32:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>holy crap! i think i'd be riding a bicycle to work :) do you have a good public transportation system where you live? here in New Mexico we have crap.

Speaking for Belgium but yeah public transportation is pretty good over here.

Yeah costs are high for gas but on the other hand it keeps people from buying obsolete SUV's and it keeps them from driving when they can take public transportation or their bike or just walk instead of taking their car to the bakery around the corner.

And on top of that you don't have to resort to war to keep your prices low in the future.

casper Posted: Tue May 11 15:35:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>casper said:
>>holy crap! i think i'd be riding a bicycle to work :) do you have a good public transportation system where you live? here in New Mexico we have crap.
>
>Speaking for Belgium but yeah public transportation is pretty good over here.
>
>Yeah costs are high for gas but on the other hand it keeps people from buying obsolete SUV's and it keeps them from driving when they can take public transportation or their bike or just walk instead of taking their car to the bakery around the corner.
>
>And on top of that you don't have to resort to war to keep your prices low in the future.

didn't you just hear me complaining about the gas prices RISING since the war with iraq? and i'm not just talking about a lil bit. before the war gas in NM was about 1.15-1.20 a gallon, now it's 1.84 and that's if i buy it on base.

FN Posted: Tue May 11 15:36:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>didn't you just hear me complaining about the gas prices RISING since the war with iraq? and i'm not just talking about a lil bit. before the war gas in NM was about 1.15-1.20 a gallon, now it's 1.84 and that's if i buy it on base.

I said in the future.

Oil is running out in case you haven't heard (kind of logical as well as far as I'm concerned since it takes thousands of years to form) so prices will only go up.

Zacq Posted: Tue May 11 15:38:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>didn't you just hear me complaining about the gas prices RISING since the war with iraq? and i'm not just talking about a lil bit. before the war gas in NM was about 1.15-1.20 a gallon, now it's 1.84 and that's if i buy it on base.

Don't worry - the prices will go down right before the election, by an extraordinary coincidence. ;)

casper Posted: Tue May 11 15:40:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:
>casper said:
>>didn't you just hear me complaining about the gas prices RISING since the war with iraq? and i'm not just talking about a lil bit. before the war gas in NM was about 1.15-1.20 a gallon, now it's 1.84 and that's if i buy it on base.
>
>Don't worry - the prices will go down right before the election, by an extraordinary coincidence. ;)

whatever it takes ;)

Mark Posted: Tue May 11 15:45:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>holy crap! i think i'd be riding a bicycle to work :) do you have a good public transportation system where you live? here in New Mexico we have crap.

Mark Posted: Tue May 11 15:46:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ok...that went wrong...:p what I wanted to say is that public transportation is pretty good in Holland although we are spoiled and most peeps get angry when the train is 3 minutes late.

iggy Posted: Tue May 11 20:52:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  we pay USD$0.85/litre here.

DanSRose Posted: Tue May 11 21:12:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In NY and the DC area it ranges between $1.75 to $2

DanSRose Posted: Wed May 12 08:30:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What's frustrating me is that it's being half way, leaving power vacuums and voids. The President is more namby-pamby than Kerry as he's playing politics with the America while wanting to run the world. The President has blind loyalty from much of the "simple folk" and his inner circle, he is using his mixed ideology/political machismo and not: bringing any sort of government to Iraq, letting Afghanistan be forgotten and go back the horrible groups that lived there before, and ignoring major national crises that are coming, all the while ignoring the major lurking threat of terrorism. Even conservatives are losing faith in him, including members of the Cato Institute, George F Will, Robert Kagan, and former Bush Treasury secretary Paul H. O'Neill.

addi Posted: Wed May 12 08:45:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
> The President has blind loyalty from much of the "simple folk"

LOL!

ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 12 08:57:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>What's frustrating me is that it's being half way, leaving power vacuums and voids. The President is more namby-pamby than Kerry as he's playing politics with the America while wanting to run the world. The President has blind loyalty from much of the "simple folk" and his inner circle, he is using his mixed ideology/political machismo and not: bringing any sort of government to Iraq, letting Afghanistan be forgotten and go back the horrible groups that lived there before, and ignoring major national crises that are coming, all the while ignoring the major lurking threat of terrorism.
>
Ok, so it's been considerably less than 2 years since the war on terror started.
Just because Afghanistan is not in the news every day doesn't mean it's been forgotten. We've been in Iraq just over a year, do you really think that's enough time to topple a 30year regime and change their way of thinking about govt and hand it over ?
And you really think this administration is ignoring the "major thread of lurking terrorism"?
There has not been an attack on American soil since the war on terror started and terrorism worldwide is down considerably. We are making progress.

Who do you think would be able to run a war without mistakes ?

Zacq Posted: Wed May 12 10:46:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Who do you think would be able to run a war without mistakes ?

Barry Bostwick, that's who. Spin City AND Rocky Horror Picture Show. He's ready for anything.

addi Posted: Wed May 12 10:48:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Just because Afghanistan is not in the news every day doesn't mean it's been forgotten.

yes it has hif. in fact if Tillman hadn't been killed there recently millions of americans would not have been aware that we still had any troops there.
We have for all practical purposes abandoned that country and left a vacumn to be filled by warlords and thugs.

read current reports about what's going on there. Not from a liberally biased source, but from an objective (as possible) report. The people of Afganistan feel like they have been totally left out to dry in the desert wind, because they have been. We focused on "bigger" fish and turned a blind eye to their current situation

>There has not been an attack on American soil since the war on terror started and terrorism worldwide is down considerably. We are making progress.

Bush has stated many times that we are at war against terrorism.
Questions:
How do you win a war against terrorism?
Is it possible? Is it like us winning the war against drugs?
Do you use a conventional army to fight this war?
When we got rid of the taliban did we win?
When we captured Saddam did we win it?
If we capture Osama will the war be over?

Suggestion: we need to think outside the box on this one.

Bush: "You know that 25 billion we were going to wait for till after the November elections? Forget it, we need it now."

FN Posted: Wed May 12 10:48:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Just because Afghanistan is not in the news every day doesn't mean it's been forgotten. We've been in Iraq just over a year, do you really think that's enough time to topple a 30year regime and change their way of thinking about govt and hand it over ?

That was the plan as I recall.

>And you really think this administration is ignoring the "major thread of lurking terrorism"?

No proven links between Iraq and al qaeda, and no matter the answer to the question if Iraq presented a danger or not to "the world", that doesn't change shit about the fact that people were made to believe it was to fight terrorism.

>There has not been an attack on American soil since the war on terror started and terrorism worldwide is down considerably. We are making progress.
>

How many attacks had there been on american soil before that in recent times, comming from organised terror groups from out of the US.

I haven't been attacked by a lion since then either.

>Who do you think would be able to run a war without mistakes ?

Me.

addi Posted: Wed May 12 10:54:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:

>Barry Bostwick, that's who.

LOL!!
Barry makes me wet! He Da Man!

FN Posted: Wed May 12 11:09:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Barry makes me touch myself! He Da Man!

Fuckin' groupie

Christian Posted: Wed May 12 11:52:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>addison said:
>>Barry makes me play with myself! He Da Man!
>
>Fuckin' groupie

HUH???

FN Posted: Wed May 12 11:58:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lol

addi Posted: Wed May 12 12:16:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>lol

Yeah, Barry makes me curse the gods every day that i was born straight!
Damn him!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]