Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

sleep paralysis
Mesh Posted: Tue May 25 03:54:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Everyonce in a while, I will wake up and be fully aware but not able to move. Try to move, but cant even manage to get a finger to lift. Try to call out for help but my mouth wont move and my voice wont work. Lay there terrified i might never come out of it this time. Pissed off that I am awake but I cannot move at all no matter how hard I try. Lasts for a few minutes each time.

Then, all the sudden, I come out of it and jerk myself up.

It happened again today so I was curious about it so searched about it on the internet,and surprisingly read that it actually happens to a lot of people.

Has it ever happened to any of you?

Mesh Posted: Tue May 25 03:57:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Also i read that some people who experiance this also feel a "presence" that is malevolent, threatening, or evil. I never had that feeling, thank god cause that would to make it really suck to think there is something bad in there after you, and yet you cant move away from it or call for help.

antartica Posted: Tue May 25 04:18:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  holy crap...
sounds like scary shit...
sleep paralysis?... hmm... gonna go grab some nosh now.. will check out what we can find on the net laters... you got any good sites ya been to mesh?

DaveHill Posted: Tue May 25 04:27:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Was going to say it never happened to me, but yesterday i fell asleep during the day (lack of sleep over the last few days/weeks). When my brother woke my up i couldn't do anything for about 2 minutes, very weird experience, don't need to have it again...

Mesh Posted: Tue May 25 04:29:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.dreamsnightmares.com/sleepparalysis.html

http://dem0nmac.mgh.harvard.edu/neurowebforum/GeneralFeedbackArticles/sleepparalysis.html

http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html

choke Posted: Tue May 25 05:20:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kinda unrelated, but im prone to sleepwalking, i had a nightmare, woke up in the laundry in front of a mirror unable to move. Not a pleasant experience..

Mesh Posted: Tue May 25 05:25:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  when i was about 14 i lived with a family whose one of their children was a sleep walker. that shit was fuckin weird. freaked me out. he would get up, walk around, unlock the back door and go out to the swing and start swinging or do some other wierd shit.

it was definately freaky when he would walk towards you because you couldnt wake him up or touch him.

damnit.

antartica Posted: Tue May 25 05:33:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i know for sure that i talk in my sleep and mum's mentioned before that if people sleep talk, you could actually ask them questions or have conversations with them and they will always tell the truth...

wonder if that one's for real...

antartica Posted: Tue May 25 05:37:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  found this site...
http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P2.html#pp

and i didn't read through it throughly, just skimmed through, and it mentions something about hallucinations while having these episodes...

and at times these "presences or hallucinations" can attack... hence the part about the malevolant and intense dread feelings...

Christian Posted: Tue May 25 07:52:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>>Then, all the sudden, I come out of it and jerk myself up.
>
>>
>Has it ever happened to any of you?
>
>
>I try to refrain from jerking myself more than once a day LOL
>

Mesh Posted: Tue May 25 07:53:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  really lol? I just try to keep it under seven :)

DanSRose Posted: Tue May 25 11:02:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>i know for sure that i talk in my sleep and mum's mentioned before that if people sleep talk, you could actually ask them questions or have conversations with them and they will always tell the truth...
>
>wonder if that one's for real...

My friend talks in her sleep. We've had whole conversations with her asleep, about dreams that were happening at the time, what happened in her day, what she wants, that stuff. Once she kissed me. Pretty good too.

antartica Posted: Tue May 25 11:07:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>My friend talks in her sleep. We've had whole conversations with her asleep, about dreams that were happening at the time, what happened in her day, what she wants, that stuff. Once she kissed me. Pretty good too.

holy shit batman!
now that IS scary!!!

iggy Posted: Tue May 25 11:50:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  in the chinese culture... sleep paralysis is often mistakened to be compressed(??) by a ghost.

basically, the ghost comes and sits or lie on you while u sleep...
don;t ask me why and how. but this is how they explain it.

casper Posted: Tue May 25 12:18:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>in the chinese culture... sleep paralysis is often mistakened to be compressed(??) by a ghost.
>
>basically, the ghost comes and sits or lie on you while u sleep...
>don;t ask me why and how. but this is how they explain it.
>

see how the world is today? even the ghosts are overweight...

Christian Posted: Tue May 25 12:26:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>really lol? I just try to keep it under seven :)

wow dude that's blowin some f#@$@ load...holy shit!!! LOL

Mouse Posted: Tue May 25 14:33:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've never had that happen that I remember, though I have not been able to open my eyes a minute or so after waking.
A few times I have woken up in the middle of the night to a stabbing pain in my ribs as though they were being pulled apart. Fun.

Mouse

sweet p Posted: Tue May 25 14:38:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When I was little, something like this used to happen...it lasted for about two weeks but it would only happen when I was about to fall asleep. I would suddenly feel some sort of pressure [still don't know how to explain it] and I would open my mouth but I couldn't say anything and all of a sudden I would be crying loudly.

My parents came in every night and asked what was wrong but I couldn't explain the feeling with the words I knew...So eventually after the 4th time I was embarrassed and made up a recurring nightmare about being kidanpped and put in cave of sorts...I even made up a kidnapper and what he looked like. The doctor said I could have been having anxiety attacks...I still don't know what happened.

choke Posted: Tue May 25 16:00:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dam, scary! Ive had a dream so bad i just sat in a corner (of my dream) and of my room, saying "wake up wake up wake up" Until the sound of my own voice woke me up. I just sat there and freaked out.. Mouse i know what u mean, it sucks, i get it in the centre of my spine

lethal_poppy Posted: Wed May 26 01:51:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hmm... my ex classmate sleep talks too. Very easy to have my economics questions answered. hehe! I still remember way his mom interogating his social life when ard 17 or so. Yes.. he sleeps/naps, we ask, we get the most unadulterated answers.

Now both of us are 26, and his mom still does the same thing to him. MUAHHAHAHHA! Poor chap!

Puck Posted: Sat May 29 00:49:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Off the subject, I woke up a few years ago, (I wasn't sleeping in my room cuz it was hot it there.) I thought that I saw a shadow and heard breathing from next to the couch I was on. It could have just been my imagination or it could have been my dog, but It freaked me out.
When I was like 4, in my sleep I said in my sleep,"Mom! tell Laura to give me back my chicken!" I don't know why I would've said that.
Another time, about 5-6 years ago, I was sorta sleepwalking, and I was just standing at the top of a staircase, then my sis asked me what I was doing and I said I had to go to the bathroom. I think that there was someone in the upstairs-bathroom, so I was going to go to the one downstairs. But when she suggested that I use the one upstairs cuz it's on the way to my room, I got really pissed off. "NO, THE TOILET GOES DOWN!" It made perfect sense at the time.

antartica Posted: Sat May 29 16:13:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dunno if it would be considered "sleepwalking" or not, but definitely not paralysis... mebbe just plain ol retard...

but many moons back, i developed a high fever and was literally burning (this happened on the 1st day of a family holiday) and to save $$$ as i was still damned young i stayed in the same room with my folks. so i gets out of bed in the middle of the night, aircon on lowest, i still burning away and my folks shivering under the covers... i go to the bath tub, fill it up with cold water and was about to "sleep" in it... luckily or unluckily i'm not too sure, but mum pulled me out...

mebbe i was just delirious?
could also explain why i behave like i've got several circuits fried though... haha

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]