Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

fear
choke Posted: Wed Jun 2 02:24:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  whats your greatest fear?

DaveHill Posted: Wed Jun 2 02:36:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  To die drowning.

Other that, i can't really think of one. Makes life so complicated, having to constantly look over my shoulder etc.

iggy Posted: Wed Jun 2 06:32:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  failure.

FN Posted: Wed Jun 2 07:24:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have many fears.

Loneliness, physical/mental deterioration, mediocrity, ...

Christian Posted: Wed Jun 2 07:47:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  being old and incapacitated... being old is fine as long as i have PILES of money to look after me :-)

Mark Posted: Wed Jun 2 13:39:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  To lose my uniqueness, to become something I do not like. And drowning / choking arenít exactly happy thought either.

Zacq Posted: Wed Jun 2 14:55:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Fire, and fire-related explosions.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jun 2 15:55:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  clowns

choke Posted: Wed Jun 2 16:14:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hmm, i kindof agree with Christophe. My greatest fear is my own mind, it scares the shit out of me, and if i went mental, then i wouldnt be able to control it and id be in a permanent state of terror.. :|

Zacq Posted: Wed Jun 2 16:22:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>hmm, i kindof agree with Christophe. My greatest fear is my own mind, it scares the shit out of me, and if i went mental, then i wouldnt be able to control it and id be in a permanent state of terror.. :

|Well, the only thing worrying about being crazy will do is possibly drive you crazy, so rather than be leveled by extreme irony pick a simpler fear, like spiders.

Or damn zombie koala bears. *shivers*

FN Posted: Wed Jun 2 16:29:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You know, something else I fear (probably since I'm watching the virgin suicides that I remember it but I have thought of this before)

I am terrified of being together with a girl and everything going fine and then waking up one day and getting a phonecall that she died in a car accident or something.

I can handle relationships ending but I don't think I could handle such a thing, being in love and then bang, without any closure or warning your whole world gets blown apart.

And what about the rest of your life...

How could you not feel guilty about starting another relationship.

You'd probably want one again but how could you if you have never been able to fall out of love sort of speak.

Fuck just thinking about it gets me depressed.

sweet p Posted: Wed Jun 2 17:00:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am afraid of not having enough oxygen to breathe...sometimes it makes me claustrophbic and fidgety. Thinking about dying that way terrifies me : (

Other than that, I am afraid of becoming a lump...living a monotone life, where I no longer can feel anything other than happy and sad...but happy and sad where there is no beauty associated with these feelings. Basically, I am afraid of having all the optimism sucked out of me and becoming a "robot".

Also, waking up and being the only one left in my family.

Mesh Posted: Wed Jun 2 17:16:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i fear sharks.

i fear loving and not being loved back.

i fear being powerless to protect the ones i love.

i fear continued failure.

FN Posted: Wed Jun 2 17:37:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hmm I wonder why so many people are afraid of drowing/suffocation.

Those are just about the most painless ways of dying, when you drown it's over in a matter of seconds once the breathing reflex kicks in.

You'll probably pass out before you know what's going on.

The idea is scary though, I agree, but the rational me says there are worse ways to go.

marsteller Posted: Wed Jun 2 17:38:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  im not afraid of anything.

marsteller Posted: Wed Jun 2 17:38:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the way i see it, the world should fear me, not the other way around.

FN Posted: Wed Jun 2 17:44:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>im not afraid of anything.

That's bullshit, plain and simple.

I think like that for the most part, but when you're honest with yourself you just know there are things you fear as well.

I know a lot of people who say they aren't afraid of anything. 9 times out of 10 those are the biggest pussies.

sweet p Posted: Wed Jun 2 17:55:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Hmm I wonder why so many people are afraid of drowing/suffocation.

Maybe it's cos it's the closest I've felt to what I think it feels like to die...haha, if that makes sense. I mean, haven't you ever been play-fighting and then you get a pillow over the face and just the feeling of it for a bit too long is really uncomfortable and scary? One time, at a really big concert, there were people surrounding me and pushing me and the air became stuffy and I felt like I couldn't breathe and nearly passed out. Times like those, a panic goes through my body that doesn't happen with anything else.

Gah.
I dislike it very much.

FN Posted: Wed Jun 2 18:00:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah I know what you mean I almost drowned as a kid (humiliating story lol) but I don't really fear it like for example dying in a fire or getting run over by a tank or something.

Would suck more if you ask me.

addi Posted: Wed Jun 2 18:42:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>I am afraid of not having enough oxygen to breathe...sometimes it makes me claustrophbic and fidgety. Thinking about dying that way terrifies me : (

I'm very claustrophbic
I remember my bigger brother sitting on the end of my sleeping bag when I crawled down to to the bottom of it. He thought it was funny, I nearly freaked out.
So a very bad senario for me would be to SCUBA dive down to a underwater cave that was small and tight, and then lose my light and run out of air.

The only thing I can think of that would be worse is to grow up and turn into a conservative republican : )

Asswipe Posted: Wed Jun 2 18:54:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  'fraid of death more than all, moreso if i havn't "found my place in the world", and junk, just yet.

also a bit afraid of albino bunnies... never know when one's gonna lunge at you and bite your head off, ya know?

addi Posted: Wed Jun 2 19:06:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh yeah, people will laugh at you Asswipe, but never you mind. There's attack killer bunnies here in Georgia. One even swam out to get President Carter back in the '70's while he was canoeing in a river (no shit). They had to beat it back with their paddles, but it kept advancing.

Being nuzzled to death by a furry wabbit. What a nightmare!

Mesh Posted: Wed Jun 2 19:39:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i got a plastic bag pulled over my face and it was kept there until i passed out.

yeah that was scary.

libra Posted: Wed Jun 2 20:23:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  being buried alive. and spiders scare me to death

Asswipe Posted: Thu Jun 3 00:19:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Oh yeah, people will laugh at you Asswipe, but never you mind. There's attack killer bunnies here in Georgia. One even swam out to get President Carter back in the '70's while he was canoeing in a river (no shit). They had to beat it back with their paddles, but it kept advancing.
>
>Being nuzzled to death by a furry wabbit. What a nightmare!

c'mon, didn't get the monty python reference?

Mouse Posted: Thu Jun 3 00:50:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not afraid of any animal, from the time I was a little kid I've been grabbing snakes from under rocks and letting bees crawl on my hands. I've stood less than a foot away from a cougar who wanted nothing more in that moment than to rub up against me and be scratched. I can read animals, I've never been bitten by a dog or a snake.
For a while now I have had a white-knuckle fear of car accidents or hitting a deer while driving. I also have a mild fear of someone attacking me while I'm walking in the dark. I have a fear of cancer because it runs in my mothers family. And I have a general fear of death before my time, and leaving or being left by those I need.
When I am afraid of something I tend to plunge through it and then collapse afterwards.

*Wrote this while waiting for my turn online and had a spastic incident with my modem that reminded me of another fear; the dreadful gray window baring the words too terrible to repeat. *shudder*
Mouse

antartica Posted: Thu Jun 3 05:19:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christian said:
>being old and incapacitated... being old is fine as long as i have PILES.

hmm... you need help bro... haha

my greatest fear?

balding... i say no more

Mesh Posted: Thu Jun 3 05:23:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mouse, you need'nt worry, I will protect you from anything. cause you are too sweet and nice for me to let anything bad happen to you.

the end.

addi Posted: Thu Jun 3 07:36:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:

>
>c'mon, didn't get the monty python reference?

HeHe, yeah I did...and the Holy Grail. Funny stuff

RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

addi Posted: Thu Jun 3 08:04:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>I've stood less than a foot away from a cougar who wanted nothing more in that moment than to rub up against me and be scratched.

I appreciate you're love of animals, and feeling of connection to them mouse, but you were fortunate on that encounter if it was a wild one. Anthropomorphizing animal behavior is one thing when it's a kitty cat, and quite another when it's a big cat.

As much as I admire Pumas (and would love to see one in the wild) they will attack and kill humans, and do so more lately because of human encroachment into their territory. Just in the past few months it happened to a female jogger. I don't care if you're St. Francis of Asissi, you need to respect a wild mountain lion and keep your distance.
Horn (Seigfried and Roy) worked with "tame" tigers his whole life and still he was attacked and nearly killed by one.
I believe some people can have a special connection with animals (no sheep jokes please), but even they need to have a healthy respect for the harm certain animals can cause.

Christian Posted: Thu Jun 3 10:09:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>Christian said:
>>being old and incapacitated... being old is fine as long as i have PILES.
>
>hmm... you need help bro... haha
>
>my greatest fear?
>
>balding... i say no more

LOL Ant i hope you lose manhood length

FN Posted: Thu Jun 3 11:02:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>balding... i say no more

Baldness is often caused by a high level of testosterone.

Mouse Posted: Thu Jun 3 12:33:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>I appreciate you're love of animals, and feeling of connection to them mouse, but you were fortunate on that encounter if it was a wild one. Anthropomorphizing animal behavior is one thing when it's a kitty cat, and quite another when it's a big cat.
>
This was no 'wild' cat in full sense of the word, he was raised by humans and had been in close contact with them till he crested about a hundred and seventy pounds. There was heavy wire fencing between us and he was purring his head off. I knew him well enough to know he liked me, the other keepers even teased that he had a crush on me, and even if he some how came in full contact with me he probably wouldn't hurt me, at least intentionally. Not that I would test it. I have also been close to a young cougar who I did not know, he was on a leash and I was on my guard.
>As much as I admire Pumas (and would love to see one in the wild) they will attack and kill humans, and do so more lately because of human encroachment into their territory. Just in the past few months it happened to a female jogger. I don't care if you're St. Francis of Asissi, you need to respect a wild mountain lion and keep your distance.
>Horn (Seigfried and Roy) worked with "tame" tigers his whole life and still he was attacked and nearly killed by one.
>I believe some people can have a special connection with animals (no sheep jokes please), but even they need to have a healthy respect for the harm certain animals can cause.
No matter how well you know a cat, no matter if it's a tabby or a tiger, they are unpredictable. You flutter your fingers in front of a tabby, chances are it'll scratch you no matter if it loves or hates you, you can never turn your back on a large cat. Ever.
I can't help but think that there is something wrong with the wild cougars that attack people, if the person trips and the cougar sees a weakness it's all instinct. But when a cat attacks someone on a bike, or several people walking together, I can't see how it would do that unless there was something wrong with it, mentally or otherwise.

I have no delusions of immortality, addi. While I've never been bitten by a dog I have been scratched by a cat. I'm nothing if not wary.
Mouse

addi Posted: Thu Jun 3 12:44:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:

>I have no delusions of immortality, addi. While I've never been bitten by a dog I have been scratched by a cat. I'm nothing if not wary.
>Mouse

I figured as much mouse. Just me being over protective of someone I don't want to see get hurt is all.
I admire your love of animals. A caged cougar is different (but still a thrill that close).

I was brutally attacked by a wild woman once, but that's a different story for another time : )

Maya Posted: Thu Jun 3 13:24:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i fear loneliness
Never finding someone to spend my life with.
Drowning, burning to death
Death in general
My parents being dissapointed in the way in live my life
Rejection

antartica Posted: Thu Jun 3 15:42:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>antartica said:
>>balding... i say no more
>
>
>Baldness is often caused by a high level of testosterone.

haha... not sure if you've ever heard this one before... there are 2 main types of balding men... from the back and from the front...

"MORE MORE!!!" and "LESS LESS!!" respectively... i will NOT elaborate more than this... heh heh

antartica Posted: Thu Jun 3 15:44:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christian said:

>LOL Ant i hope you lose manhood length

...HAHAHAHA!!! will let ya know when i get there! =P

marsteller Posted: Thu Jun 3 17:39:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>That's bullshit, plain and simple.
>
nah yo...there's plenty of things that i don't want to happen, or that would make me sad/unhappy/whatever if they did happen....but im not afraid of any of them.

choke Posted: Thu Jun 3 19:09:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:
>|Well, the only thing worrying about being crazy will do is possibly drive you crazy, so rather than be leveled by extreme irony pick a simpler fear, like spiders.
>
>Or damn zombie koala bears. *shivers*

thats good advice... really!

hmmm. another fear. hah, what other peoples minds are capable of :P

addi Posted: Thu Jun 3 19:23:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>hmmm. another fear. hah, what other peoples minds are capable of :P

so true.
I'm so glad we can't hear what other people are thinking. What happened to Mel Gibson in the movie What Women Want would freak me out! What plinkers are thinking about in general I wouldn't want to know. : )

choke Posted: Thu Jun 3 19:25:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
What plinkers are thinking about in general I wouldn't want to know. : )

Thats an attitude that will get you far :P

Mouse Posted: Thu Jun 3 19:53:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>mouse, you need'nt worry, I will protect you from anything. cause you are too sweet and nice for me to let anything bad happen to you.
>the end.

Thanks, mesh. :) Now I know who to call.
And addi, don't fret about me, I take care of myself. If anything I need to learn to lighten up a little. Go out on a limb once in a while, and want to do it again when I fall off. ;)
Mouse

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jun 3 19:58:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I would love to spend a long weekend with you sailovzi and mouse and their family. These two young'uns have their heads screwed on very straight compared to a lot of their peers. And apparently they garden too.

Kira Posted: Thu Jun 3 20:04:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I would love to spend a long weekend with you sailovzi and mouse and their family. These two young'uns have their heads screwed on very straight compared to a lot of their peers. And apparently they garden too.

Gardening is fun! No I am not an old lady.

Falling out of trees--also fun! No I am not a crazy lady.

Kira Posted: Thu Jun 3 20:10:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>
>
>Falling out of trees--also fun! No I am not a crazy lady.

*We really are exceedingly clever, I swear on my honor.

But I do love the falling part.

Mouse Posted: Thu Jun 3 21:03:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I would love to spend a long weekend with you sailovzi and mouse and their family. These two young'uns have their heads screwed on very straight compared to a lot of their peers. And apparently they garden too.
Thank you very much, hif. You're not bad yourself. :)
I like to think I've got a fair bit of common sense and I know my sister does. If you're ever in NC I'll cook up somethin' for you fresh from the field. :)
Mouse

Puck Posted: Thu Jun 3 21:41:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>For a while now I have had a white-knuckle fear of car accidents or hitting a deer while driving.

My dad was driving me home when he hit a deer. He slowed down, but he still hit it. It only knocked into the gutter.

>the words too terrible to repeat.
Toad the Wet Sprocket

failure
lonliness
being anything but original
living life

Mouse Posted: Fri Jun 4 01:04:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The car accident that killed my mom involved a deer, an SUV launched it through our windshield. Our car was stopped at the time. So yeah, every time I see eyes in the dark it rubs a raw nerve.
Why is Toad so terrible? I happen to like them, Sailovzi has their CD. (I was referring to the 'this site not avalable' screen)
Mouse

Puck Posted: Fri Jun 4 01:22:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>Why is Toad so terrible? I happen to like them, Sailovzi has their CD. (I was referring to the 'this site not avalable' screen)
>Mouse

I've got a pile of their cds. I thought that you were continuing with the referencing of Monty Python(the khights of nee from Holy Grail, it). The name of the band came from a Monty Python bit about how there're so many bands starting out, that one day, band names would be meaningless like Toad the Wet Sprocket. But it was wrong of me to assume that there was a connection. Nevermind!

Mouse Posted: Fri Jun 4 01:35:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I meant it to be doomful, but I didn't consider the Monty Python link and didn't know about the Toad the Wet Sprocket skit. Obviously my education is incomplete.
After I mentioned the rabbit swimming out to Carter's canoe and my dad told me about it I couldn't stop laughing. 'Rabid rabbit!'
Mouse

Puck Posted: Fri Jun 4 01:45:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>I meant it to be doomful, but I didn't consider the Monty Python link and didn't know about the Toad the Wet Sprocket skit. Obviously my education is incomplete.

Don't feel bad. I didn't know about the toad thing until a year of two ago. My life is just a huge pile of quotes from and references to anything and everthing. Usually, I only have my brother to exchange them with. Recently, we were at a grad. party and we mimed the entire scene in Chasing Amy where Jason Lee and Joey Lauren Adams were telling stories of their bad experiences with oral sex.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jun 4 09:24:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>I would love to spend a long weekend with you sailovzi and mouse and their family. These two young'uns have their heads screwed on very straight compared to a lot of their peers. And apparently they garden too.
>Thank you very much, hif. You're not bad yourself. :)
>I like to think I've got a fair bit of common sense and I know my sister does. If you're ever in NC I'll cook up somethin' for you fresh from the field. :)
>Mouse
>
ha! I wore a blister on my hand working in my garden yesterday. I put most of it in a little over 3 weeks ago and it's rained every day since then. Now that it's finally dry enough to go in, the weeds are horrible.
I had a gas powered cultivator, but it needs repair, so I gotta do it with a hoe. So I'll be a hoe'in around tonite for awhile.
I might take you up on that offer someday. My brother lives in Charlotte.
And if you're ever in Ky. I'll fix you a mint julep and some possum pie.

Mouse Posted: Fri Jun 4 13:42:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sheesh, sounds like our field last year, though lately I envy you the rain.
When my dad's family moved up right from Louisiana they lived in Charlotte.
Sounds like a deal, if you like tomatoes check in when they're ready, we grow a bunch of different kinds of heirlooms.
There's a tornado south-east of me right now, I'm not quite sure what I should do, my house is tornado fodder so the safest place might be in the car under a blanket. I think it's just moving father east.
Mouse

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jun 4 13:51:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>Sheesh, sounds like our field last year, though lately I envy you the rain.
>When my dad's family moved up right from Louisiana they lived in Charlotte.
>Sounds like a deal, if you like tomatoes check in when they're ready, we grow a bunch of different kinds of heirlooms.
>There's a tornado south-east of me right now, I'm not quite sure what I should do, my house is tornado fodder so the safest place might be in the car under a blanket. I think it's just moving father east.
>Mouse
>
Just pack a few sandwiches and go for a drive heheheh
I was surrounded by them just a few days ago.

Puck Posted: Fri Jun 4 14:01:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I was surrounded by them just a few days ago.

Last May, 3 or 4 of my friends' houses got fooked. I almost got hit too. After being in something like that, any mildy rough weather freaks you out.

Christian Posted: Fri Jun 4 14:04:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I fear losing the friendship of all of you!

Christian Posted: Fri Jun 4 14:05:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I fear you knowing the REAL truth about me!

Puck Posted: Fri Jun 4 14:16:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christian said:
>I fear you knowing the REAL truth about me!

You're an android?!

Christian Posted: Fri Jun 4 14:32:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LOL

Nooooooooooooooooooo

Mesh Posted: Fri Jun 4 17:32:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  youre a taoist?

CorDrine Posted: Sat Jun 5 02:53:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My greatest fear is to realize that my life has passed me by and I have not lived it to the fullest! To live with regrets that I could have done so many other things, but did not do so.

So far, I'm doing great! So hope I will never have to face my fear one day when I am old :)

samuel Posted: Sat Jun 5 15:32:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hi i'm new here, i thought i'd start my brand new forum account with this post, i like the topic 'fear' its something that we all must face, and something that could change us all.

things like clowns and drowning are all very well, but surely nothing physical could be your worst, Worst fear. physical pain goes away, either with healing or death.

imagine how it feels to lose the person you love most in the whole world without getting to say goodbye.

or how it feels to live with the regret of not being there for them when they needed it most.. when they were being attacked.

i fear that more than any ammount of pain or spiders, lol.

addi Posted: Sat Jun 5 16:37:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  welcome samuel

and the fears you listed would be horrible, so I don't want to think about it

I assume you're a male, but my record guessing lately has sucked. If I said it's great to have imput from another male here no doubt you'd write back and inform me your tag is short for Samuelina or something

Kira Posted: Sat Jun 5 17:20:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hiya Samuel! Welcome.

Mouse Posted: Sat Jun 5 17:29:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>I assume you're a male, but my record guessing lately has sucked. If I said it's great to have imput from another male here no doubt you'd write back and inform me your tag is short for Samuelina or something

Hail and welcome, samuel.
Addi, you know that one of the first steps to becoming a GTer is to have your gender mistaken, usually by you, Mesh, or Chris. ;)
And you're far from out numbered by us ladies.
Mouse

sweet p Posted: Sun Jun 6 22:15:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi Samuel :)

Christian Posted: Mon Jun 7 09:02:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>youre a taoist?

LOL

Nooooooooooooooooooo

HI SAMUEL WELCOME!!! :-)

FN Posted: Mon Jun 7 10:56:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  samuel said:
>but surely nothing physical could be your worst, Worst fear. physical pain goes away, either with healing or death.

I wonder if you'll say the same of they're about to rip your nails out of your toes and fingers.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]